Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:33 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 164 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 130
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V28
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V32 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V157
GPA: 4
Send PM
GMAT Online [#permalink]
Hey smitarth4

I faced the same problem today. My exam was scheduled for 9:00am IST. I logged in at 8:30 and uploaded all the photos. The screen showed : 'We aim to begin your exam in 15mins. ' I waited till 10:10 . Then the message was - we couldn't begin your exam, contact help.

Customer care was closed as it is Sunday, I filled the form for rescheduling the exam. Also I talked to the customer support and raised my query. My case was noted. Now I will get a reply in 5 days as I was told. I too had to wait for at least an hour in their chat system.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online [#permalink]
That really sucks man. I can completely understand how you feel. I went from being mad, angry and annoyed to feeling helpless and broken in 20 mins.
Goodluck to you tho, do let me know if they revert and tell you what's the earliest you can reschedule

If they are holding an online exam, they should be ready for problems like these. If the proctor doesn't join, what can the student do? There is no way to reach them either. It really sucks.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I had the same problem today. My exam was scheduled for 10:30, I spent 1.5 hrs after the appointed time just staring on my desktop. After check-in and waiting for 15 minutes the application said that the problem occurred and asked to contact customer service and not to close the program. But no one answered in the online chat window. I tried to reach them by calling, but today is a weekend. After 1.5 hrs, I tried to check in for the second time. This time the application said “Something wrong. Don’t worry we‘ll reschedule your exam free of charge.”
I was also relying on this exam results and now I’m gonna miss the deadlines. After 3 hours customer service texted me back and created a case. However it is not certain that I can reschedule the exam free of charge. Although I haven’t done anything wrong, I didn’t not pass my exam and I’m gonna miss my deadlines. Don’t know what to do. Also feel really disappointed:(

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [0]
Given Kudos: 231
Send PM
Looks like taking the exam at night time IST is a better option

Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22052 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sorry to hear about this. Have you had a chance to reach to the folks at ETS by phone?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAT Online [#permalink]
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Sorry to hear about this. Have you had a chance to reach to the folks at ETS by phone?

Sorry Scott, totally missed the notif but yea I did, and thanks for asking.

Update: They refunded the amount back to me. It seems you can reschedule as soon as your exam is cancelled/refunded. There is no minimum number of days you have to wait before registering again. I've booked the online exam again for 24th but I took a break of ~6 days after the last exam so I am just hoping to at least get a 670 (my last official mock). Will write a debrief later.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and good luck to those who faced the same problem.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
smitarth4 wrote:

Update: They refunded the amount back to me. It seems you can reschedule as soon as your exam is cancelled/refunded. There is no minimum number of days you have to wait before registering again. I've booked the online exam again for 24th but I took a break of ~6 days after the last exam so I am just hoping to at least get a 670 (my last official mock). Will write a debrief later.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and good luck to those who faced the same problem.

Hi Smitarth,

Best of luck for the exam. Also were you able to get in touch with ISB Adcom and inform them of your troubles? In these crazy times several universities are accommodating with such issues.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22052 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
smitarth4 wrote:

Thank you for the update!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
TravellingGunner wrote:
smitarth4 wrote:

Hi Smitarth,

Best of luck for the exam. Also were you able to get in touch with ISB Adcom and inform them of your troubles? In these crazy times several universities are accommodating with such issues.

Hey, yes I did mail them the day after my exam was canceled... They reverted with a mail saying that they have forwarded it to the respective team and that they will contact me shortly. It's been a while though and they haven't contacted me after that. They took way too long to reply to my original mail as well whereas all my queries before August were responded within 3-4 days. I'm not focusing much on that now... But surely will post another update if they revert

CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3528 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Expert Reply
smitarth4 wrote:
I have no idea when can i reschedule next but i have a deadline of 31st Oct for the ISB as well.

Hi smitarth4, if things don't turn out your way, I am hoping you are aware that you can apply to R2 (Jan 10th) as well.

You just need to write to ISB about this (well before the 31st October deadline), and get permission on this. So, don't stress out too much. Things will turn out to be just fine.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey, thanks for the info but I don't think I can apply there. You see I'm a fresh graduate and I applied for the ISB YLP program when I was still in college. ISB isn't really my end goal but it's the most reputed in India (my perspective) so I applied.
I'm not worried now but thank you for your concern.
I am expecting their mail about the online scene.

GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37310 posts