Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:23 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Re: GMAT Study Plan [#permalink]
Bookmarks
Varsha82 wrote:
Hi ,
Can someone tell me which book shall I refer for critical Reasoning

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Hi Varsha,

I found Manhattan CR module very useful.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Varsha82 wrote:
Hi ,
Can someone tell me which book shall I refer for critical Reasoning

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Hi Varsha,

I found Manhattan CR module very useful.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Given Kudos: 208
Send PM
Kudos
mrinali wrote:
Can a consistent score of 690 in the mock tests 20 days before the GMAT exam convert to 720+ in the actual test?

Any suggestion to improve the score in these remaining 20 days?

Thanks!

It will help to indicate the kind of mock test you took.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 208
Send PM
mrinali wrote:
Can a consistent score of 690 in the mock tests 20 days before the GMAT exam convert to 720+ in the actual test?

Any suggestion to improve the score in these remaining 20 days?

Thanks!

It will help to indicate the kind of mock test you took.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
Send PM
Great article!
Thanks a lot for the advice!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
Send PM
Great article!
Thanks a lot for the advice!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2224 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 2.77
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
Oh wow, I have just joined GMAT club, and I must say you guys have done a brilliant job.
This website is all anyone needs for their GMAT prep.
The more time I spend on this site the more I realize that I don't need any more material for my preparation.
I have bought mocks, books for my GMAT prep and confirmed a consultant for my MBA preparation based solely on the recommendations from this website.

Thank you so much bb
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2224 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 2.77
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
Oh wow, I have just joined GMAT club, and I must say you guys have done a brilliant job.
This website is all anyone needs for their GMAT prep.
The more time I spend on this site the more I realize that I don't need any more material for my preparation.
I have bought mocks, books for my GMAT prep and confirmed a consultant for my MBA preparation based solely on the recommendations from this website.

Thank you so much bb
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hello,

I recently got all my study materials together (OG and Manhattan study guides) and just took my diagnostic test. I’m having trouble on how to start studying or using the materials.

I’m planning on revisiting some basic math concepts and study with Manhattan’s Foundation of Math. Should I spend my time going through that first and then dive into the the practice questions from OG? Or do them simultaneously?

Also with my OG and Manhattan series, can anyone please share what is the best way to use them? Should I go through each chapters of the Manhattan series first and then look up some practice questions from OG to solve them or start with OG practice problems and if I get stuck, look up for explanation and help from the Manhattan guides?

Thank you!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hello,

I recently got all my study materials together (OG and Manhattan study guides) and just took my diagnostic test. I’m having trouble on how to start studying or using the materials.

I’m planning on revisiting some basic math concepts and study with Manhattan’s Foundation of Math. Should I spend my time going through that first and then dive into the the practice questions from OG? Or do them simultaneously?

Also with my OG and Manhattan series, can anyone please share what is the best way to use them? Should I go through each chapters of the Manhattan series first and then look up some practice questions from OG to solve them or start with OG practice problems and if I get stuck, look up for explanation and help from the Manhattan guides?

Thank you!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Kudos
Just found this post. I took my first GMAT Prep Test in Offical prep software and scored a disaster score of 360. The Post by BB States that the Score can be improved by 150 Points :( Does that mean there is no chance to score 650+?

My GMAT PREP 1 SCORE Breakdown

Q 24 - 16 incorrect questions
V 17 - 19 incorrect questions

Please suggest me how i can improve my score by 300 points ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Just found this post. I took my first GMAT Prep Test in Offical prep software and scored a disaster score of 360. The Post by BB States that the Score can be improved by 150 Points :( Does that mean there is no chance to score 650+?

My GMAT PREP 1 SCORE Breakdown

Q 24 - 16 incorrect questions
V 17 - 19 incorrect questions

Please suggest me how i can improve my score by 300 points ?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Nirenjan,

To start, you will likely receive more of a response if you start a new post-thread (instead of piggy-backing on this one). In August of this year, you discussed your studies up to that point and your overall application goals/plans. It would help to know what you have done over the last 3-4 months and how your plans have changed. Raising a 360 to a 650+ will be a challenging task, but it is doable. However, you will almost certainly have to commit to a consistent, guided Study Plan.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Nirenjan,

To start, you will likely receive more of a response if you start a new post-thread (instead of piggy-backing on this one). In August of this year, you discussed your studies up to that point and your overall application goals/plans. It would help to know what you have done over the last 3-4 months and how your plans have changed. Raising a 360 to a 650+ will be a challenging task, but it is doable. However, you will almost certainly have to commit to a consistent, guided Study Plan.

Rich
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello Guys,

I am a working professional with 10+ years of experience. I am planning to do 1 year MBA from reputable college in 2019.
since it was too long from my graduation completion, i had lost complete touch of the basic of Quant and verbal. I have started my preparations from last 1.5 month with my job. Now, i have covered most of the basic study material, the Official guide 2108, GMAC quantative and verbal review books, each one time, Manhattan books.
I have booked by GMAT 1st attempt on 8th Jan 2019. I have started giving some of the MOCK exams including the one in free GMAC practice exam, but my score look miserable it is as low as 470. There seems to be two reasons, i am able to attend only 70% of Quant and Verbal questions and also, among the attempted one i am having only 50% accuracy.

It seems that i am catching up in Quant but in mock exams some how i manage to mess it up for simple things. Things are looking worse currently in this scenario.

Would really like to have some advice from everyone.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello Guys,

I am a working professional with 10+ years of experience. I am planning to do 1 year MBA from reputable college in 2019.
since it was too long from my graduation completion, i had lost complete touch of the basic of Quant and verbal. I have started my preparations from last 1.5 month with my job. Now, i have covered most of the basic study material, the Official guide 2108, GMAC quantative and verbal review books, each one time, Manhattan books.
I have booked by GMAT 1st attempt on 8th Jan 2019. I have started giving some of the MOCK exams including the one in free GMAC practice exam, but my score look miserable it is as low as 470. There seems to be two reasons, i am able to attend only 70% of Quant and Verbal questions and also, among the attempted one i am having only 50% accuracy.

It seems that i am catching up in Quant but in mock exams some how i manage to mess it up for simple things. Things are looking worse currently in this scenario.

Would really like to have some advice from everyone.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi arunnair1392,

To start, you will likely receive more of a response if you start a new post-thread (instead of piggy-backing on this one). You should include all of the relevant information about how you have been studying (the materials you have used, your practice CAT/mock scores) and your Goals (the Schools you want to apply to and when you want to apply).

Since your Test is in just a few days, you don't have enough time to push back your Exam Date or properly make any big changes to how you approach the Exam, so you should NOT try to 'cram' your studies. You would be better served by doing some light review and getting some extra rest - so that you can go into Test Day clear-headed and ready to work. While you might not hit your Goal Score on this attempt, you should take careful note of everything that occurs on Test Day; you can use that information to better prepare for your next attempt.

Rich
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  16