Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:36 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: GMAT Study Plan [#permalink]
Hey, I am looking for GMAT study partner. Lets form a study group on StudyPal Join me there.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hey, I am looking for GMAT study partner. Lets form a study group on StudyPal Join me there.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
simranmittal wrote:
Hey, I am looking for GMAT study partner. Lets form a study group on paypal Join me there.

Please go to the Study Buddy forum: https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-study-buddy-4/
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
simranmittal wrote:
Hey, I am looking for GMAT study partner. Lets form a study group on paypal Join me there.

Please go to the Study Buddy forum: https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-study-buddy-4/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 318
Concentration: General Management, Technology
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hello everyone,

Is there a way in which I can randomly pick 10-12 quant and 10-12 verbal questions and practise in a targeted amount of time? The same way we use GMAT club quizzes but with the entire question bank available on GMAT club? Has anyone tried any such model? I am trying to improve my timing per question. TIA

Regards,
GJ
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 318
Concentration: General Management, Technology
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hello everyone,

Is there a way in which I can randomly pick 10-12 quant and 10-12 verbal questions and practise in a targeted amount of time? The same way we use GMAT club quizzes but with the entire question bank available on GMAT club? Has anyone tried any such model? I am trying to improve my timing per question. TIA

Regards,
GJ
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 104
Schools: IIM
GMAT 1: 530 Q48 V15
Send PM
Hi,

I gave my GMAT last year and got score V15. I have once again started studying and my target score is V33. I have no idea how to achieve it. Can anyone help me out how should I study?

I want to give GMAT in 9 months. and I can study for 2 hrs on daily basis. But how can I track my progress? I feel my verbal is not improving. What should I do?

Thanks,

:)
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
smita123 wrote:
Hi,

I gave my GMAT last year and got score V15. I have once again started studying and my target score is V33. I have no idea how to achieve it. Can anyone help me out how should I study?

I want to give GMAT in 9 months. and I can study for 2 hrs on daily basis. But how can I track my progress? I feel my verbal is not improving. What should I do?

Thanks,

:)

I would not spend more than 3 months preparing for the GMAT. However I would make sure you have a good English language proficiency. V15 can indicate that you may need to spend some time there before specifically preparing for the GMAT.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 104
Schools: IIM
GMAT 1: 530 Q48 V15
Send PM
Hi bb,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Posted from my mobile device

Originally posted by smita123 on 18 Mar 2019, 01:03.
Last edited by smita123 on 28 Apr 2019, 05:30, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.94
WE:Asset Management (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Coo GMAT Study Plan, thanks, it will help me
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: -1 [1]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V48
WE:Management Consulting (Human Resources)
Send PM
Kudos
I am taking the GMAT towards the end of August or septmeber. I've used you guide to make an outline of a plan for myself thank you for a good post.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
Hello, I gave my GMAT after 2.5 months of prep and scored a 540 (Q37, V27). I am planning to re-appear in about a month and a half, and need help with planning my approach to study.

I do know what went wrong, but don't know what's the best way to move ahead with the study.

What went wrong:
1) I am working a full-time job which requires international travel. Obviously, my studies got hit while I was traveling.
2) I didn't have a proper study plan and was just going with the flow.
3) My initial target score was very low - I thought I cannot do this so I created a self-made barrier that I cannot score beyond 640.
4) I had to start from very basic - touched books after 7 years, and had limited time to practice.
5) I didn't finish the entire OG (especially Quant and RC)
6) My RC and SC concepts are still weak.
7) I took 5 practice tests along with a couple of quizzes and scored almost the same in every test! What's the point in giving then?
And so on...

What I need help with (and would be most grateful if someone can point me to already available resources, etc.)
1) Study plan!!! I need to create a rock solid study plan that would help me tackle, measure and quantify my study on a daily basis. What should finish when? When should I take the practice tests, etc.? I feel like a day-to-day plan will help me most rather than a weekly plan, but I don't know how to create one.
2) What are the best resources for me? I was thinking of taking up e-GMAT verbal online plan, but not sure if that's right for me.
3) RC, RC, RC! I have tried almost every trick explained on most of the forums but still unsuccessful. My current rate is 20 - 30% correct answers.
4) Some expert advise(s) + motivation is most welcome :)

Also, a quick profile summary/career history - just in case a great idea pops in your head looking at this - and you can suggest what colleges I can apply to easily with a minimum GMAT score.
1) 7 years of work experience in strategy consulting and account management
2) 5+ years of work experience with Deloitte where I experienced fastest career growth (2 promotions in 4 years, support services)
3) 5+ years of volunteer experience and community service towards Child Education in India. I have also organized and participated in various workshops and events. Currently working as a facilitator for a teacher development program for private affordable schools

++ The Schools I am currently targetting:
1) NUS, Nanyang in Singapore
2) ISB, IIMs in India
3) McGill, Rotman in Canada
4) AGSM, Melbourne Business School in Australia
5) Rotterdam in the Netherlands

Always grateful to this forum as I received a lot of help and was able to practice a lot. Any help is most appreciated.

Cheers!
Shreya
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
Hello, I gave my GMAT after 2.5 months of prep and scored a 540 (Q37, V27). I am planning to re-appear in about a month and a half, and need help with planning my approach to study.

I do know what went wrong, but don't know what's the best way to move ahead with the study.

What went wrong:
1) I am working a full-time job which requires international travel. Obviously, my studies got hit while I was traveling and I didn't have a regular schedule.
2) I didn't have a proper study plan and was just going with the flow.
3) My initial target score was very low - I thought I cannot do this so I created a self-made barrier that I cannot score beyond 640.
4) I had to start from very basic - touched books after 7 years, and had limited time to practice.
5) I didn't finish the entire OG (especially Quant and RC)
6) My RC and SC concepts are still weak.
7) I took 5 practice tests along with a couple of quizzes and scored almost the same in every test!
8) In Quant, my weak areas are probability, set theory, coordinate geometry, and I am not so confident with number properties especially in DS.

What I need help with (and would be most grateful if someone can point me to already available resources, etc.)
1) Study plan that works for ME!!! I need to create a rock solid study plan that would help me tackle, measure and quantify my study on a daily basis. What should finish when? When should I take the practice tests, etc.? I feel like a day-to-day plan will help me most rather than a weekly plan, but I don't know how to create one.
2) What are the best resources for me? I was thinking of taking up e-GMAT verbal online plan, but not sure if that's right for me.
3) RC, RC, RC! I have tried almost every trick explained on most of the forums but still unsuccessful. My current rate is 20 - 30% correct answers.
4) Some expert advise(s) + motivation is most welcome :)

Also, a quick profile summary/career history - just in case a great idea pops in your head looking at this - and you can suggest what colleges I can apply to easily with a minimum GMAT score.
1) 7 years of work experience in strategy consulting and account management
2) 5+ years of work experience with Deloitte where I experienced fastest career growth (2 promotions in 4 years, support services)
3) 5+ years of volunteer experience and community service towards Child Education in India. I have also organized and participated in various workshops and events. Currently working as a facilitator for a teacher development program for private affordable schools

++ The Schools I am currently targetting:
1) NUS, Nanyang in Singapore
2) ISB, IIMs in India
3) McGill, Rotman in Canada
4) AGSM, Melbourne Business School in Australia
5) Rotterdam in the Netherlands

Always grateful to this forum as I received a lot of help and was able to practice a lot. Any help is most appreciated.

Cheers!
SG
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 4
Send PM
Yes you can form your practice set with any no. of random questions on the online version of Official Guide, the access to which you get on buying the OGs
geejay wrote:
Hello everyone,

Regards,
GJ
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Awesome post. I've been studying for a while but I'll be sure to check out some aspects of it!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
hi bb Bunuel

why i could not access the official guide 2020 question banks?
"You are not authorised to read this forum."

thankyou
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Emrick : Jack
Send PM
Quote:
My GMAT exam is during the first week of August and after much studying I took a test to see where I stand and I scored a miserable 240. I am a full time employee and that's my only livelihood for now.

What would be the best method of working and studying at the same time? Also the best available approaches to boost my score from a measly 240 to a 700? Exam takes place 3 months from now.

Thanks.

Very Good This Post Work And See Amazing Experience Thanks For Shareing
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  16