GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Jun 2019, 19:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMATPrep Software Issue

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Aug 2018
Posts: 8
GMATPrep Software Issue  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2018, 09:40
Hello all, l’m having trouble logging onto the GMATPrep software . The error box that appears upon the login attempt says: "We’re having problems connecting to the GMAC servers to process your registration. Please check your internet connection and try again"

Any help is much appreciated.
Manager
Manager
avatar
G
Joined: 28 Jun 2018
Posts: 152
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Schools: CUHK '21 (II)
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: GMATPrep Software Issue  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2018, 10:21
1
i think it should start working soon, these kind of incidents are common after their site through a change .
_________________
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Jun 2016
Posts: 4
GMATPrep Software Issue  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2018, 11:43
hey guys - do you know if there is any update on this? Been seeing this message for a few hours now.

The online version of the software works, but I don't think any of the work you do on the browser version carries onto the offline software.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Aug 2018
Posts: 8
Re: GMATPrep Software Issue  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2018, 14:49
GMATbuster92 wrote:
i think it should start working soon, these kind of incidents are common after their site through a change .


Hmm I've tried to log in a few times since then but seemingly it hasn't worked. I guess ill try again in a few days
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Aug 2018
Posts: 8
Re: GMATPrep Software Issue  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2018, 14:51
nshah3 wrote:
hey guys - do you know if there is any update on this? Been seeing this message for a few hours now.

The online version of the software works, but I don't think any of the work you do on the browser version carries onto the offline software.

Thanks.


I'm new to the software as I've only downloaded it today. I've resorted to using the online software for now. I have yet to recieve an update and I'm not sure where i would find one either.
Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 17627
Location: United States (CA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMATPrep Software Issue  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2018, 15:11
Oh man. This is annoying.

I do t think we have had a week without some gmat prep or mba.com issues since May. I have been tracking these issues but there have been so many that I lost count.

Posted from my mobile device
_________________
Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
New! OG2020 Directory !
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests
CEO
CEO
User avatar
V
Joined: 15 Jul 2015
Posts: 2764
Location: India
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Re: GMATPrep Software Issue  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2018, 20:56
nshah3 wrote:
hey guys - do you know if there is any update on this? Been seeing this message for a few hours now.

The online version of the software works, but I don't think any of the work you do on the browser version carries onto the offline software.

Thanks.
I'm able to log in, so that problem seems to have been resolved for now. As for your other question, there is no "sync" between the online and offline versions. They don't even have the same format (the online version uses the current format, whereas the offline version uses the older format).
_________________
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Jun 2016
Posts: 4
Re: GMATPrep Software Issue  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2018, 10:21
AjiteshArun wrote:
nshah3 wrote:
hey guys - do you know if there is any update on this? Been seeing this message for a few hours now.

The online version of the software works, but I don't think any of the work you do on the browser version carries onto the offline software.

Thanks.
I'm able to log in, so that problem seems to have been resolved for now. As for your other question, there is no "sync" between the online and offline versions. They don't even have the same format (the online version uses the current format, whereas the offline version uses the older format).



Still unable to log on. I'm considering using the online version, but none of the activation codes for the exam packs I purchased last year are being accepted on the online platform. This is frustrating ...
Director
Director
User avatar
P
Joined: 14 Dec 2017
Posts: 519
Location: India
Premium Member
Re: GMATPrep Software Issue  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2018, 23:30
nshah3 wrote:
AjiteshArun wrote:
nshah3 wrote:
hey guys - do you know if there is any update on this? Been seeing this message for a few hours now.

The online version of the software works, but I don't think any of the work you do on the browser version carries onto the offline software.

Thanks.
I'm able to log in, so that problem seems to have been resolved for now. As for your other question, there is no "sync" between the online and offline versions. They don't even have the same format (the online version uses the current format, whereas the offline version uses the older format).



Still unable to log on. I'm considering using the online version, but none of the activation codes for the exam packs I purchased last year are being accepted on the online platform. This is frustrating ...


Hi nshah3

Is there an offline version for the NEW format? i read there is only an online version for the NEW format.

Nonetheless the online is not working for me, anybody have a clue, why this could be?


Thanks,
GyM
_________________
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Jun 2016
Posts: 4
Re: GMATPrep Software Issue  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2018, 07:45
Hey GyM,

I don't believe there is an offline GMATPrep version for the new format .. also my bad here because I actually wasn't aware the exam format changed in april until doing some more digging yesterday lol.

From what I read, it seems the online version will be the only one being updated by GMATPrep and the offline software will not be updated for the new format.

Now, my main worry is having to shovel out more money for study materials I had already purchased prior to the format change. I previously bought Question Packs and Exam Packs 3-6 in June 2017, but the activation codes are not valid for the online version.

Really hoping GMAC can provide new activation codes or some sort of account credit
Director
Director
User avatar
P
Joined: 14 Dec 2017
Posts: 519
Location: India
Premium Member
Re: GMATPrep Software Issue  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2018, 10:59
Hey nshah3

Its alright bud!, i can understand. Ignorance is bliss! lol

I really hope that they will give you new activation codes, or else its a gonna cause a nice lil hole in your pocket. Well, its not that bad though, if you are not in a rush to take the GMAT, i don't mind sharing my code with you, once i am done. I suppose that is okay to do.

Cheers,
GyM

PS - the GMAC site is working & i can access the tests online, albeit on IE, GMAC has no love for Chrome.
_________________
Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 17627
Location: United States (CA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
GMATPrep Software Issue  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2018, 11:02
nshah3 wrote:
Hey GyM,

I don't believe there is an offline GMATPrep version for the new format .. also my bad here because I actually wasn't aware the exam format changed in april until doing some more digging yesterday lol.

From what I read, it seems the online version will be the only one being updated by GMATPrep and the offline software will not be updated for the new format.

Now, my main worry is having to shovel out more money for study materials I had already purchased prior to the format change. I previously bought Question Packs and Exam Packs 3-6 in June 2017, but the activation codes are not valid for the online version.

Really hoping GMAC can provide new activation codes or some sort of account credit



GMAC did offer to upgrade activation codes purchased after October 2017, but not before. There is no transition plan, credit, or any kind of option for those who have purchased the offline EP's and QP's prior to Oct 2017. Even those who have purchased the products after October, the exchange period is over (it was over in May).

Also, note that the new online platform is only providing access to Exams and Questions for 1 year and a limited number of test reset options....
_________________
Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
New! OG2020 Directory !
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Jun 2016
Posts: 4
Re: GMATPrep Software Issue  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2018, 17:28
GyM - I appreciate the offer, but I'll splash the cash this time around. After all, it is very well an investment in myself.

bb - thanks for the info! Hopefully, this time around I can conquer GMAT within 1 year timeframe :-)
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 24 Jan 2015
Posts: 52
Location: India
Reviews Badge
Re: GMATPrep Software Issue  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2018, 21:38
Hi Guys,

Have my GMAT exam exactly after a week. I am getting the same error as people have posted above,"unable to connect to the servers". Any idea how can I take a GMAT prep mock or should I wait for some time and maybe try tomorrow?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Aug 2008
Posts: 1
Re: GMATPrep Software Issue  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Aug 2018, 09:47
I'm having the same problem. I installed GMATPrep on a new computer last Sunday, but I have not been able to log on to it. It keeps popping out "We are having problems connecting the GMAC servers to process your registration. Please check your internet connection and try again." My internet connection is working fine. The OS on my computer is Windows 10.
CEO
CEO
User avatar
V
Joined: 15 Jul 2015
Posts: 2764
Location: India
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Re: GMATPrep Software Issue  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Aug 2018, 20:35
Krannert wrote:
I'm having the same problem. I installed GMATPrep on a new computer last Sunday, but I have not been able to log on to it. It keeps popping out "We are having problems connecting the GMAC servers to process your registration. Please check your internet connection and try again." My internet connection is working fine. The OS on my computer is Windows 10.
It's a problem with their servers. Try taking the tests online. These are based on the new format, so they will be more like the current GMAT exam.
_________________
Target Test Prep Representative
User avatar
D
Status: Founder & CEO
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Joined: 14 Oct 2015
Posts: 6567
Location: United States (CA)
Re: GMATPrep Software Issue  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Aug 2018, 09:07
As you can see on this thread, you are one of many test-takers experiencing issues with the GMAC website. Did you reach out to the folks at GMAC to alert them to the issue? Are things working for you now?
_________________

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
122 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

If you find one of my posts helpful, please take a moment to click on the "Kudos" button.

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Aug 2018
Posts: 8
Re: GMATPrep Software Issue  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Aug 2018, 14:57
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
As you can see on this thread, you are one of many test-takers experiencing issues with the GMAC website. Did you reach out to the folks at GMAC to alert them to the issue? Are things working for you now?


No the programme is still not working for me
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Feb 2013
Posts: 6
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
Re: GMATPrep Software Issue  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Aug 2018, 13:55
I'm having the same problem over here. I've sent some emails during the week, but received no return. This is really annoying.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 24 Jan 2015
Posts: 52
Location: India
Reviews Badge
Re: GMATPrep Software Issue  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Aug 2018, 20:23
ipzamoner wrote:
I'm having the same problem over here. I've sent some emails during the week, but received no return. This is really annoying.


Hi ipzamoner,

Meanwhile, you can try giving the test online as mentioned in the above posts. Online tests are working just fine.

Thanks
GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMATPrep Software Issue   [#permalink] 26 Aug 2018, 20:23

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 28 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

GMATPrep Software Issue

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep



Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne