GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Jun 2018, 17:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Guillemots are birds of Arctic regions. They feed on fish

  post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

3 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: Its Wow or Never
Joined: 11 Dec 2009
Posts: 187
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Guillemots are birds of Arctic regions. They feed on fish [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2010, 13:32
3
19
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

  85% (hard)

Question Stats:

54% (01:22) correct 46% (01:46) wrong based on 1110 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

Edit: This discussion has retired. Find the new thread HERE


Guillemots are birds of Arctic regions. They feed on fish that gather beneath thin sheets of floating ice, and they nest on nearby land. Guillemots need 80 consecutive snow-free days in a year to raise their chicks, so until average temperatures in the Arctic began to rise recently, the guillemots’ range was limited to the southernmost Arctic coast. Therefore, if the warming continues, the guillemots’ range will probably be enlarged by being extended northward along the coast.

Which of the following, if true, most seriously weakens the argument?

(A) Even if the warming trend continues, there will still be years in which guillemot chicks are killed by an unusually early snow.
(B) If the Arctic warming continues, guillemots’ current predators are likely to succeed in extending their own range farther north.
(C) Guillemots nest in coastal areas, where temperatures are generally higher than in inland areas.
(D) If the Arctic warming continues, much of the thin ice in the southern Arctic will disappear.
(E) The fish that guillemots eat are currently preyed on by a wider variety of predators in the southernmost Arctic regions than they are farther north.

_________________

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you think you can,you can
If you think you can't,you are right.

2 KUDOS received
Tuck Thread Master
User avatar
Joined: 20 Aug 2009
Posts: 289
Location: Tbilisi, Georgia
Schools: Stanford (in), Tuck (WL), Wharton (ding), Cornell (in)
Re: Guillemots are birds of Arctic regions. They feed on fish [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2010, 14:44
2
Thinking about (D):
Quote:
(D) If the Arctic warming continues, much of the thin ice in the southern Arctic will disappear.


If these birds prey on special kind of fish, it's logical to assume, that without this fish guillemots won't be able to maintain current habitat.

So, if thin ice in southern arctics disappears guillemots will be forced to move north. It won't be the enlargement of guillemots' range, rather simply movement to better place.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Jan 2010
Posts: 18
Re: Guillemots are birds of Arctic regions. They feed on fish [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2010, 23:39
1
B

gullimots predators will move north which weakens the conclusion I think.
5 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Oct 2009
Posts: 43
Location: Alberta, Canada
Schools: Queen's E-MBA
Re: Guillemots are birds of Arctic regions. They feed on fish [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2010, 12:14
5
pjalan wrote:
B

gullimots predators will move north which weakens the conclusion I think.


between B & D, latter looks more correct as B says about extension of range of guillemots' predator but that doesn't weaken the conclusion as the argument in D. Spreading of predators will be a deterrent but if there is no food available in the southern coast they are bound to move northwards, daring the predator.

Whereas D is a better answer since it clearly refutes the concept of enlargement and imposes the idea that their dewelling has to move northwards due to lack of availability of food in south. :P


------------------
Please give KUDOS if you like the post

_________________



Please give KUDOS if you like the post

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 28 Aug 2009
Posts: 166
Re: Guillemots are birds of Arctic regions. They feed on fish [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2010, 06:32
Answer should be D
if the thin ice over sounthern Arctic dissapears,why would the birds even try to expand their range along the north
D wins
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 214
Re: Guillemots are birds of Arctic regions. They feed on fish [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2010, 08:34
my bet is C.
(C) if the birds stay in coastal region, they might still prefer staying south, because there will be even more snow-free days.

I considered A and B as well.
(A) It requires a little too much to assume. Warmer temp would bring more snow-less days, but there is no hint about an early snow.

(B) if the predators move north, birds are not gonna like it and might hesitate moving. But it is the interdependent thing, which bothers me here.

(D) not because, the birds eat on fish, which hide beneath those sheets. If that disappears, they'd definitely move north.
12 KUDOS received
Manhattan Prep Instructor
User avatar
Affiliations: ManhattanGMAT
Joined: 21 Jan 2010
Posts: 341
Location: San Francisco
Re: Guillemots are birds of Arctic regions. They feed on fish [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2010, 19:11
12
6
Hey All,

Enough questions enough that I figured it might be worth my weighing in. As any good instructor would, I'm going to focus on the passage first.

Conclusion: Warming will extend Guillemots range north

Premises: Guillemots feed on fish beneath ice, nesting nearby. Need snow-free area to raise chicks. Area is warming, particularly north.

Assumption: Something other than the warming will keep them from extending range.

We know the assumption will be this limited, because otherwise the argument is solid (i.e. if the warm area is expanding, and they can live in warm weather, then obviously their range will expand).

(A) Even if the warming trend continues, there will still be years in which guillemot chicks are killed by an unusually early snow.
Problem: This has no connection to the issue of range, because this would happen anywhere.

(B) If the Arctic warming continues, guillemots’ current predators are likely to succeed in extending their own range farther north.
Problem: In a number of answer choices here, the question is trying to trick you into thinking that the conclusion is that the guillemots will THRIVE in the new areas. But that's not the conclusion. The conclusion is merely that the range of areas in which they can survive will expand. This has no effect on that. The same predators joining them in the new area will result in much the same lifestyle the guillemots already have (same predators).

(C) Guillemots nest in coastal areas, where temperatures are generally higher than in inland areas.
Problem: This doesn't affect the conclusion, which is that the increasing temperatures ELSEWHERE will expand the range of the guillemots.

(D) If the Arctic warming continues, much of the thin ice in the southern Arctic will disappear.
Answer: This one may look out of scope, but remember that scope isn't really an issue on strengthen/weaken questions; you're allowed to bring in other information. If the thin ice disappears, then the guillemots will not be able to expand their habitat, because they survive on the fish that live under the ice. This relates to their ability to expand. To contrast with B, the predators are THE SAME in the new area or the old. In D, the food source is DIFFERENT (worse) in the new area, which weakens the conclusion.


(E) The fish that guillemots eat are currently preyed on by a wider variety of predators in the southernmost Arctic regions than they are farther north.
Problem: This actually strengthens the argument, because the guillemots are planning to move north. fewer predators means a better chance of succeeding.

Hope that helps!
_________________


Tommy Wallach | Manhattan GMAT Instructor | San Francisco


Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 21 Dec 2010
Posts: 550
Re: Guillemots are birds of Arctic regions. They feed on fish [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2011, 08:40
i got this one wrong . the question is trying to trick ... and the wording is vague.
_________________

What is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

VP
VP
avatar
Status: There is always something new !!
Affiliations: PMI,QAI Global,eXampleCG
Joined: 08 May 2009
Posts: 1140
Re: Guillemots are birds of Arctic regions. They feed on fish [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2011, 08:57
Tussle between B and D. Actually went for B since I interpreted that since predators will be at the northern part the birds won't move there.But thats too much of assumption. Hence wrong.
OA should be D.
Great question.
_________________

Visit -- http://www.sustainable-sphere.com/
Promote Green Business,Sustainable Living and Green Earth !!

Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 23 Apr 2010
Posts: 558
Re: Guillemots are birds of Arctic regions. They feed on fish [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2012, 07:53
I understand (D) perfectly. But can someone please explain why fish under the ice will disappear because of melting ice?

Quote:
Answer: This one may look out of scope, but remember that scope isn't really an issue on strengthen/weaken questions; you're allowed to bring in other information. If the thin ice disappears, then the guillemots will not be able to expand their habitat, because they survive on the fish that live under the ice. This relates to their ability to expand. To contrast with B, the predators are THE SAME in the new area or the old. In D, the food source is DIFFERENT (worse) in the new area, which weakens the conclusion


We have to assume that fish needs ice in order to survive. But that's just another assumption.
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 29 Nov 2012
Posts: 819
Re: Guillemots are birds of Arctic regions. They feed on fish [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2013, 03:50
What would be the difficulty level of this question I picked B...
_________________

Click +1 Kudos if my post helped...

Amazing Free video explanation for all Quant questions from OG 13 and much more http://www.gmatquantum.com/og13th/

GMAT Prep software What if scenarios http://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-prep-software-analysis-and-what-if-scenarios-146146.html

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 May 2013
Posts: 8
Location: India
GMAT 1: 550 Q47 V20
GPA: 3.7
WE: Other (Computer Software)
Re: Guillemots are birds of Arctic regions. They feed on fish [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2014, 02:53
fozzzy wrote:
What would be the difficulty level of this question I picked B...


The difficulty level of the question is "Devilish" according to MGMAT OG Archer Lite :)
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 10 Mar 2013
Posts: 562
Location: Germany
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 580 Q46 V24
GPA: 3.88
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Guillemots are birds of Arctic regions. They feed on fish [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2015, 07:27
nonameee wrote:
I understand (D) perfectly. But can someone please explain why fish under the ice will disappear because of melting ice?


We have to assume that fish needs ice in order to survive. But that's just another assumption.


I've eliminated D too, because the argument deliveres no further information whether it's good or bad if ice dissapears.... which influence it has on the fishes.. would be there more fishes or less etc.
_________________

When you’re up, your friends know who you are. When you’re down, you know who your friends are.

Share some Kudos, if my posts help you. Thank you !

800Score ONLY QUANT CAT1 51, CAT2 50, CAT3 50
GMAT PREP 670
MGMAT CAT 630
KAPLAN CAT 660

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
User avatar
B
Joined: 23 Feb 2015
Posts: 243
Re: Guillemots are birds of Arctic regions. They feed on fish [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 May 2015, 21:48
1
BrainLab wrote:
nonameee wrote:
I understand (D) perfectly. But can someone please explain why fish under the ice will disappear because of melting ice?


We have to assume that fish needs ice in order to survive. But that's just another assumption.


I've eliminated D too, because the argument deliveres no further information whether it's good or bad if ice dissapears.... which influence it has on the fishes.. would be there more fishes or less etc.


Hi BrainLab,

Glad you raised the idea of certainty about the need for ice. The idea that Guillemots rely on ice, to at least a significant extent, isn't assumed. Yes, Guillemots could possibly get SOME fish from other means as you point out, but the facts in the prompt let us know that Guillemots specifically feed on fish that gather beneath thin sheets of floating ice. So would it SIGNIFICANTLY weaken (though not necessarily 100% destroy) the claim that the Guillemot range is likely to expand if the ice sheets that they typically feed on melt? For sure. They wouldn't be likely to feed in those areas, so it would be VERY challenging for the range to expand.

Guillemots are birds of Arctic regions. They feed on fish that gather beneath thin sheets of floating ice, and they nest on
nearby land. Guillemots need 80 consecutive snow-free days in a year to raise their chicks, so until average temperatures
in the Arctic began to rise recently, the guillemots’ range was limited to the southernmost Arctic coast. Therefore, if the
warming continues, the guillemots’ range will probably be enlarged by being extended northward along the coast.
Which of the following, if true, most seriously weakens the argument?

(D) If the Arctic warming continues, much of the thin ice in the southern Arctic will disappear.


If option D were true, then it would STRONGLY put the Guillemots' source of food in doubt. Would that weaken the notion that the Guillemot range would expand? Yes.

(B) If the Arctic warming continues, Guillemots’ current predators are likely to succeed in extending their own range farther north.

Now, option B) is the statistical runner up. B definitely represents a possible increased threat to Guillemots if predators further expand their territory, but to what extent do these predators pose a risk to the Guillemot population? It's altogether unclear. Perhaps the predators pose very little risk, and perhaps it's even a significant risk. Is there any way from the prompt to determine the degree of that risk that the predators pose? No. Predators could exist or always exist in Guillemot territory, but the species can coexist just fine.

In comparing B) and D), B) presents an ambiguous risk to the enlargement of the Guillemot range, whereas D) delivers a massive blow to that notion if the specific types of places where the species traditionally searches for food will likely be wiped out.
_________________

"Students study. GMAT assassins train."
Image

★★★★★ GMAT Club Verified Reviews for EMPOWERgmat & Special Discount

GMAT Club Verbal Advantage EMPOWERgmat Critical Reasoning Question Pack

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Aug 2015
Posts: 7
Re: Guillemots are birds of Arctic regions. They feed on fish [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2016, 06:52
EMPOWERgmatMax wrote:
BrainLab wrote:
nonameee wrote:
I understand (D) perfectly. But can someone please explain why fish under the ice will disappear because of melting ice?


We have to assume that fish needs ice in order to survive. But that's just another assumption.


I've eliminated D too, because the argument deliveres no further information whether it's good or bad if ice dissapears.... which influence it has on the fishes.. would be there more fishes or less etc.


Hi BrainLab,

Glad you raised the idea of certainty about the need for ice. The idea that Guillemots rely on ice, to at least a significant extent, isn't assumed. Yes, Guillemots could possibly get SOME fish from other means as you point out, but the facts in the prompt let us know that Guillemots specifically feed on fish that gather beneath thin sheets of floating ice. So would it SIGNIFICANTLY weaken (though not necessarily 100% destroy) the claim that the Guillemot range is likely to expand if the ice sheets that they typically feed on melt? For sure. They wouldn't be likely to feed in those areas, so it would be VERY challenging for the range to expand.

Guillemots are birds of Arctic regions. They feed on fish that gather beneath thin sheets of floating ice, and they nest on
nearby land. Guillemots need 80 consecutive snow-free days in a year to raise their chicks, so until average temperatures
in the Arctic began to rise recently, the guillemots’ range was limited to the southernmost Arctic coast. Therefore, if the
warming continues, the guillemots’ range will probably be enlarged by being extended northward along the coast.
Which of the following, if true, most seriously weakens the argument?

(D) If the Arctic warming continues, much of the thin ice in the southern Arctic will disappear.


If option D were true, then it would STRONGLY put the Guillemots' source of food in doubt. Would that weaken the notion that the Guillemot range would expand? Yes.

(B) If the Arctic warming continues, Guillemots’ current predators are likely to succeed in extending their own range farther north.

Now, option B) is the statistical runner up. B definitely represents a possible increased threat to Guillemots if predators further expand their territory, but to what extent do these predators pose a risk to the Guillemot population? It's altogether unclear. Perhaps the predators pose very little risk, and perhaps it's even a significant risk. Is there any way from the prompt to determine the degree of that risk that the predators pose? No. Predators could exist or always exist in Guillemot territory, but the species can coexist just fine.

In comparing B) and D), B) presents an ambiguous risk to the enlargement of the Guillemot range, whereas D) delivers a massive blow to that notion if the specific types of places where the species traditionally searches for food will likely be wiped out.



My concern is whether option D , which says that much of thin ice in southern arctic will disappear, this would strengthen to the conclusion in a way Guillemots will expand to north ? Please let me know whether my thinking is correct or my assumption that in north there will be thin ice and fishes under it ?
Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 17 Aug 2012
Posts: 157
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Copenhagen, ESMT"19
GPA: 3.75
WE: Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Guillemots are birds of Arctic regions. They feed on fish [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2017, 23:19
I was also tricked and choose B but now understand why D is the answer
Thanks TommyWallach for the explanation.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Feb 2017
Posts: 40
Location: Korea, Republic of
Schools: LBS '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: Guillemots are birds of Arctic regions. They feed on fish [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2017, 19:45
Guillemots are birds of Arctic regions. They feed on fish that gather beneath thin sheets of floating ice, and they nest on nearby land. Guillemots need 80 consecutive snow-free days in a year to raise their chicks, so until average temperatures in the Arctic began to rise recently, the guillemots’ range was limited to the southernmost Arctic coast. Therefore, if the warming continues, the guillemots’ range will probably be enlarged by being extended northward along the coast.

Which of the following, if true, most seriously weakens the argument?

(A) Even if the warming trend continues, there will still be years in which guillemot chicks are killed by an unusually early snow.
(B) If the Arctic warming continues, guillemots’ current predators are likely to succeed in extending their own range farther north.
(C) Guillemots nest in coastal areas, where temperatures are generally higher than in inland areas.
(D) If the Arctic warming continues, much of the thin ice in the southern Arctic will disappear.
(E) The fish that guillemots eat are currently preyed on by a wider variety of predators in the southernmost Arctic regions than they are farther north.

My 2 cents.
The stem says G-birds need 2 things (premises)
1. fish that lives beneath thin sheet of ice
2. 80 days of snow free period

Conclusion says range was limited before but with the warming, their range will enlarge.

From this, my pre-thinking was let's look for AC that says their range either did not change at all or decreased.

D) If the Arctic warming continues, thin ice will disappear in the southern Arctic.
This is relate to premise 1. Fish lives under thin ice. If the thin ice disappears, then no more fish so they will need to move upward there there is thin ice.
But this does not enlarge the range as southern region has disappeared, thus more of zero sum.

Hence, D is correct.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 29 Jun 2017
Posts: 318
Re: Guillemots are birds of Arctic regions. They feed on fish [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jul 2017, 01:15
mojorising800 wrote:
Guillemots are birds of Arctic regions. They feed on fish that gather beneath thin sheets of floating ice, and they nest on nearby land. Guillemots need 80 consecutive snow-free days in a year to raise their chicks, so until average temperatures in the Arctic began to rise recently, the guillemots’ range was limited to the southernmost Arctic coast. Therefore, if the warming continues, the guillemots’ range will probably be enlarged by being extended northward along the coast.

Which of the following, if true, most seriously weakens the argument?

(A) Even if the warming trend continues, there will still be years in which guillemot chicks are killed by an unusually early snow.
(B) If the Arctic warming continues, guillemots’ current predators are likely to succeed in extending their own range farther north.
(C) Guillemots nest in coastal areas, where temperatures are generally higher than in inland areas.
(D) If the Arctic warming continues, much of the thin ice in the southern Arctic will disappear.
(E) The fish that guillemots eat are currently preyed on by a wider variety of predators in the southernmost Arctic regions than they are farther north.


it is clear that B is close. we look for an information which prevent the expansion of living. choice b seem destroy this expansion but it dose not. yes, if there is predator, the expansion still exist as it exist in the south. So, B dose not affect the argument.

except for inference question, all cr problem challenge us to find out the information which affect (weaken, strengthen) the argument. many information look like affecting the arguement but dose not actually.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
P
Joined: 29 Jun 2017
Posts: 499
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Guillemots are birds of Arctic regions. They feed on fish [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Sep 2017, 22:07
Guillemots are birds of Arctic regions. They feed on fish that gather beneath thin sheets of floating ice, and they nest on nearby land. Guillemots need 80 consecutive snow-free days in a year to raise their chicks, so until average temperatures in the Arctic began to rise recently, the guillemots’ range was limited to the southernmost Arctic coast. Therefore, if the warming continues, the guillemots’ range will probably be enlarged by being extended northward along the coast.

Which of the following, if true, most seriously weakens the argument?

(A) Even if the warming trend continues, there will still be years in which guillemot chicks are killed by an unusually early snow.
OUT OF SCOPE- IF WARMING CONTINUES=> UNUSUAL EARLY SNOW??
(B) If the Arctic warming continues, guillemots’ current predators are likely to succeed in extending their own range farther north.
PREDATORS ARE SAME AS THEY WERE IN SOUTHERN MOST PART SO HUNTING RATE WILL NOT BE EFFECTED.
(C) Guillemots nest in coastal areas, where temperatures are generally higher than in inland areas.
YES IT IS STRENGTHEN ANS=> THEY WILL NOT GO TO INLAND AND WILL REMAIN ALONG THE COAST => STRENGTHENS
(D) If the Arctic warming continues, much of the thin ice in the southern Arctic will disappear.
BINGO=> IF THE WARMING CONTINUES AND ICE MELTS => THEN THE WILL THAT USED TO GATHER BENEATH THIN LAYER WILL NOT BE THERE ANYMORE => FOOD SOURCE WILL BE OVER => IMPLYING END OF HABITAT AND => WEAKENING THE ANSWER.
(E) The fish that guillemots eat are currently preyed on by a wider variety of predators in the southernmost Arctic regions than they are farther north.
IT MEANS FISH WILL BE IN MORE QUANTITY IN NORTHERN PART SO STRENGTHENS.



ALSO IF YOU NEGATE THE OPTION D=> IF MORE WARMING AND THEN ICE WILL NOT DISAPPEAR => IT MEANS THEY WILL STILL GET MORE FISH => MEANS THEY CAN GO TO NORTH WITHOUT FOOD PROBLEM
SINCE FISH IS THE ONLY SOURCE. THEREBY NEGATION IS STRENGTHENING THE QUES => ITS A WEAKEN ANSWER.
_________________

Give Kudos for correct answer and/or if you like the solution.

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Jun 2015
Posts: 90
WE: Design (Aerospace and Defense)
Re: Guillemots are birds of Arctic regions. They feed on fish [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2017, 10:17
We have to weaken
Quote:
Therefore, if the warming continues, the guillemots’ range will probably be enlarged by being extended northward along the coast.


i still dont understand how disappearance of ice in south will prohibit them from expanding towards North......because disappearance of ice in South is a problem in South ..... That has no bearing on their expansion towards North
Re: Guillemots are birds of Arctic regions. They feed on fish   [#permalink] 15 Sep 2017, 10:17

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 25 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Guillemots are birds of Arctic regions. They feed on fish

  post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.