GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 11 Nov 2019, 13:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Harvard (HBS) Calling all applicants - Class of 2016

post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Re: Harvard (HBS) Calling all applicants - Class of 2016  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2014, 08:47
gamesfreak wrote:
ryansemail7 wrote:
huxren wrote:
waiting is so so so upsetting...
I had the interview on 2.19, so it is already been more than one month.
But what else can we do ? : (

haha mine was Valentine's Day weekend. The wait has been driving me crazy.

A lot of you have a fantastic backup school through a R1 admit (well planned I must say!)
Imagine how crazy the wait is for an applicant who only went for R2 and applied super selectively. I don't even know if I'm still going to be at work next year or attending B-school. Just the thought of going through the entire app process again next year is killing!

Oh well. Hopefully whatever happens, will be for the best.

I am fully convinced that this wait is causing me brain damage. :)
Current Student
B
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GRE 1: Q167 V165
GPA: 3.86
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2014, 18:02
I think the wait is just causing things to get worse. I left the interview confident that I'd done well, it even went over by 5 minutes! However, the more I think about it, see flashbacks of it in my dreams, and continue having dreams of being dinged, I think it went worse and worse. Anybody else feeling this way, and can we just get to Wednesday already?!

My interview was incredibly weird though, there were no questions about leadership, extracurriculars, or even personality/behavioral questions. The interview focused almost entirely on my undergrad classes, work I did 3 years ago and then one last question on what I do now. Anyone else have a "non-traditional," in the sense of nothing like what everyone online says it will be like, interview?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2014, 00:28
oilMBA wrote:
I think the wait is just causing things to get worse. I left the interview confident that I'd done well, it even went over by 5 minutes! However, the more I think about it, see flashbacks of it in my dreams, and continue having dreams of being dinged, I think it went worse and worse. Anybody else feeling this way, and can we just get to Wednesday already?!

My interview was incredibly weird though, there were no questions about leadership, extracurriculars, or even personality/behavioral questions. The interview focused almost entirely on my undergrad classes, work I did 3 years ago and then one last question on what I do now. Anyone else have a "non-traditional," in the sense of nothing like what everyone online says it will be like, interview?

Just based on your profile, it seems you are a 2+2 applicant. Not surprised that you had a 'non-traditional' interview. I thinks the interview is very application specific and you shouldn't worry about not being asked standard questions. HBS adcom is also not known for conducting behavioural interviews. While leadership is a key skill they look for, if it's fairly evident in your core application then it's entirely possible they want to utilise the 30minutes understanding other aspects.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2014, 02:18
Excellent information here! GREAT job guys!

:-)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.98
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2014, 07:53
oilMBA wrote:
Anyone else have a "non-traditional," in the sense of nothing like what everyone online says it will be like, interview?

I was surprised at the diversity in the types of questions received by other interviewees who were on campus at the same time as I was. Over lunch, a few of us who had already interviewed got to talking about what curve balls had been thrown our way. My interview was textbook HBS - a very linear, chronological progression through my undergraduate experience and each professional role, discussing transitions (why did you do this? what did you learn from that? how did that experience impact you as a leader? etc.). Others who had interviewed in the same 30 minute time slot as I did had completely different interview experiences. Some had a lot of behavioral questions, such as: "imagine you're interviewing the CEO of Walmart, what would you want to ask him or her?"

So, in sum, I think the interviewers REALLY craft their questions based on what new things they want to learn about you. One person I spoke with indicated they only got one or two questions about their past or current professional experiences.
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2014, 08:58
I see. I think the important thing to learn from all of this is that there's really no way to prepare for an HBS interview. And I would imagine that is their ultimate goal as well haha.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.85
WE: Analyst (Venture Capital)

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2014, 09:44
how's everybody holding up? just two more days - nearly there!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2014, 10:31
tdawg wrote:

All is well. Thanks.
:-D

Going into D-Day, I want to share my respect for all who have made it this far, and all who have stepped up to the plate and submitted an app. Win/Lose/Waitlist, we should be proud. I feel pretty lucky about all of it.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.81

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2014, 11:06
I am getting really nervous.

I also hope that snowstorm coming through Boston doesn't change the notification schedule for us.
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2014, 11:09
When I was on campus Dee said the only thing weather could affect would be the email saying to check decision notifications, but that the decision itself would be posted by noon EST regardless. Now it might affect the congratulatory phone call or something though.

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2014, 11:11
The good thing about HBS decisions is that we know exactly when they are going to be released. No matter what, waiting will be super stressful, but I appreciate not having to stare at my phone all day on Wednesday.
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.91

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2014, 13:26
keefriffhard wrote:
tdawg wrote:

All is well. Thanks.

Going into D-Day, I want to share my respect for all who have made it this far, and all who have stepped up to the plate and submitted an app. Win/Lose/Waitlist, we should be proud. I feel pretty lucky about all of it.

Swap Columbia/Haas we've had the same experience applying to schools. Best of luck of the next few days!!
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2014, 19:37
keefriffhard wrote:
tdawg wrote:

All is well. Thanks.

Yes, good luck to all. Unfortunately, it's not even a case of may the best man win - at this stage it's more about what diversity/flavour we add to the incoming class.
The fact that we made it this far means HBS truly believed we were good enough to make the final cut.

Fingers crossed, and hope we all get a chance to realise our dreams this year.

38 hours to go!
Intern
Intern
Round 2 Notification  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2014, 09:00
FROM HBS Admissions Blog: Round 2 Notification
Countdown to Wednesday! As we anticipate The Very Last Snowstorm of the Season, we're all set to get decisions out. Here's how it works:

• We won't make phone calls ahead of time. You've been feeling out of control for quite a while, so we want to make sure that you can be where you want to be - and with whom - when you get the news from us.
    • Your decision will be available at 12:00 noon, Boston time. You can access it by logging in to your Applicant Status Page. You'll also get an email from HBS saying your decision is available, but you don't need to wait for this email.
    • In the rare case that we experience any glitches that make the noon target not possible, we'll do a blog post about it.
    • All admitted candidates will get immediate access to the Prematriculation website.

As always, I hope this is helpful.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2014, 09:12
productivity down to zero today...
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2014, 09:19
BSMSUFL17 wrote:

Keep it together haha, we've got 24 hrs before we find out. In all likelihood all decisions have been made, and now there is literally nothing that can be done.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2014, 13:37
BSMSUFL17 wrote:

Same here. Between the GSB decision today and waiting for HBS tomorrow, this is not a productive time for me.
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Technology

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2014, 13:59
^ I see you just got into GSB. Congratulations!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2014, 14:01
ElGrampo wrote:
^ I see you just got into GSB. Congratulations!

thanks!
Intern
Schools: HBS '16 (A)

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2014, 23:25
9.5 hrs to go
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Harvard (HBS) Calling all applicants - Class of 2016   [#permalink] 25 Mar 2014, 23:25

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52  ...  55    Next  [ 1094 posts ] 

Harvard (HBS) Calling all applicants - Class of 2016

post reply Update application status  

Moderator: sroy4