It is currently 17 Aug 2017, 23:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Harvard's instructions for Reapplicants

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Vibranture

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 23

GMAT ToolKit User
Harvard's instructions for Reapplicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2016, 19:35
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Before you reapply, read How to be a successful reapplicant?

Harvard's application for 2016-17 are now available. Please read the instructions:

Harvard Business School will consider only one application per year from potential applicants. All reapplicants, including those who were previously admitted, are required to complete the current application in its entirety. This involves creating a new application. While previous applications may be retained on file and consulted at the MBA Admissions Board's discretion, a reapplication must stand on its own merits as a complete and independent application.

A valid Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is a prerequisite for admission.

All reapplicants must pay the nonrefundable application fee.

Reapplicants do not have an advantage or disadvantage in comparison to other applicants.

Relevant articles:
Essay Tips for HBS Essay
Applying this year? Do these five things NOW

If you need an analysis of your previous application or want to discuss your reapplication:

Last edited by Vibranture on 19 Jun 2016, 01:50, edited 1 time in total.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 49

GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.22
Re: Harvard's instructions for Reapplicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2016, 01:47
I wasn't aware of this. If I knew this, I would have waited till Round 1 this year rather than waste my chances in round 3 earlier this year.

Can anyone please clarify if by the same year means same calendar year or same academic year.

Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Vibranture

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2016, 01:56
minhas3 wrote:
I wasn't aware of this. If I knew this, I would have waited till Round 1 this year rather than waste my chances in round 3 earlier this year.

Can anyone please clarify if by the same year means same calendar year or same academic year.

Hello minhas3

Same year refers to the academic year. For example, if you applied in Round 1 and got rejected, you cannot reapply in Round 2/3. However, if you applied for the class of 2018 in R3 this year and want to now apply for the class of 2019 in R1, you should be good. If you still want absolute certainty regarding your profile, drop an email to HBS adcom and confirm :)

Good luck with your application!

Intern
Intern

GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.22

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2016, 02:05
Thanks Shea. I will certainly do that and confirm with the adcom.

Re: Harvard's instructions for Reapplicants   [#permalink] 19 Jun 2016, 02:05