It is currently 20 Nov 2017, 23:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Honest recommendation for Math Revolution

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 0

Honest recommendation for Math Revolution [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2017, 12:28
This post received
KUDOS
Can anyone provide an honest assessment of Math Revolution? All of the reviews on this site seem a bit scripted, even though they are apparently from confirmed users. I read a review of Math Revolution on Reddit that basically blew up the company's spot saying that its claims are an exaggeration at best. This reviewer also mentioned that GMATClub didn't allow him to post a negative review of the site, which makes sense because it's obvious that GMATClub has some kind of partnership with Math Revolution (promoting their product on the site). If anyone could give me an honest answer here, that would be great.

Math Revolution Discount CodesJamboree Discount CodesMagoosh Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Board of Directors
G

Kudos [?]: 432 [1], given: 200

Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE: General Management (Transportation)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Honest recommendation for Math Revolution [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2017, 13:07
This post received
KUDOS
GMAT Club doesn't discriminate. Here you can find both good and bad reviews.

Kudos [?]: 432 [1], given: 200

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
P

Kudos [?]: 29084 [1], given: 5264

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2017, 13:12
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
That’s a pretty lame thing to say by the user. Would you mind posting a link? I would like to look into it further.

PS. The only reasons we would not let a user post a review is if they can’t conform their identity or if they did not purchase a course (we require verification of both).

Thanks!

Posted from my mobile device

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 29084 [1], given: 5264

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Schools: Oxford"19 (D)

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2017, 00:54
For what it's worth before Math Revolution my Q score was around 40 and afterwards it bumped up "competitive" Q (48+). And I only finished half of the course.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT Date: 12-21-2013
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2017, 21:19
I utilized Math revolution and got a pretty dismal score, 39. I sat for my exam on the 18th of August. I have a pretty quant heavy background so this score was beyond shocking . I think Math Revolution isn't too bad, however I like Magoosh and Empowergmat's approach better, thats what I am currently using and for the first time I am breaking the 700 barrier since my Quant score keeps improving gradually. My verbal score is stuck at 40 and I'm struggling to hit my target verbal score of 45. So my honest opinion is that the reviews regarding Mathrevolution are not balanced and maybe thats because those who don't do as great with it like I did don't bother to post reviews. Hope this helps!

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
S
Affiliations: NA

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 7

Joseph: N
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 17:36
To my knowledge, Math Revolution still offers a trial that you can take, and if you don't like the service you can get a refund. I would recommend doing the trial and if it works for you, commit. I personally didn't see the value above and beyond all the other resources that I had available to me, but from what I can tell it seems like a lot of material. Best of luck with your study plan!

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 7

Expert Post
Top Contributor
Director
Director
B
Affiliations: GMATQuantum

Kudos [?]: 498 [0], given: 17

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2017, 00:39
Expert's post
Top Contributor
Hi candyandy,

The best thing to do is to try out the course. They have a one week money back guarantee and I would just test out the content and see if you like it. Most reputable companies will have some form of a money back guarantee. I know I don't want to take anyone's money who does not find value in my work and is not happy paying me the money for my services.

The reality is that the reviews on the internet are always going to be all over the place and different folks have different set of incentives, which you may not always know about. So take the advice of k1414 and try out the course on your own.

Cheers,
Dabral

Kudos [?]: 498 [0], given: 17

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 58

CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2017, 04:46
My point is - do not waste your time and money. GMAT Club tests, MGMAT Advanced book and Bunuel's signature are much better (they are brilliant, not "just better"). The variable approach is not that good as it sounds. I attached excel file that will tell you more about that approach. Official answers and answers using Variable approach.
Attachments

Variable approach.xlsx [9.47 KiB]
Downloaded 11 times

To download please login or register as a user

Expert Post
Math Revolution GMAT Instructor
P

Kudos [?]: 3044 [0], given: 0

GPA: 3.82
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2017, 02:00
Hello, we greatly appreciate all the comments.

Reviews in GMAT Club are the real and authenticated ones as you know. If they are like scripts using the template, we would have used more fancy scripts.
GMAT Club and Math Revolution don’t prohibit members from posting the reviews unless they are subscribers.
Regarding Variable approach, please find the attached. Once you know the number of variable and equations from the question, the probability of correct answer is 59%-80% even without substituting condition 1 and condition 2. As one member above said, yes, 20%-31% of cases have different answers from answers suggested from Variable approach, so Variable approach is recommended to use when you don't have enough to solve the question, because you still have 59-80% of getting your answers correct. If you go through our core theory of DS through Trial Pack, you will get to know how it works. Yes, we have a 7-day money back guarantee.
Attachments

VA.jpg
VA.jpg [ 403.04 KiB | Viewed 304 times ]

MathRevolution: Finish GMAT Quant Section with 10 minutes to spare
The one-and-only World’s First Variable Approach for DS and IVY Approach for PS with ease, speed and accuracy.
Find a 10% off coupon code for GMAT Club members.
“Receive 5 Math Questions & Solutions Daily”
Unlimited Access to over 120 free video lessons - try it yourself
See our Youtube demo

Kudos [?]: 3044 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
B

CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2017, 07:36
The variable approach is not for those folks who are aiming for Q51. Using your logic you will have more probability to answer questions correctly

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2017, 10:27
This post received
KUDOS
Thanks for the comments. I didn't realize that there was only a high probability that I would get the answer right for the DS questions. I thought they were giving me something bullet proof here. I will go through the course and decide if I want to continue with it. Will post thoughts when I am done.

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
P

Kudos [?]: 29084 [0], given: 5264

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2017, 10:41
Unfortunately I don't think there are magic pills anywhere or bulletproof shortcuts that cut out the work - there are methodologies, approaches, and questions. Whether you take advantage of them and use them or just glance over them all rides on you.

P.S. I do wish there was a secret trick somewhere though :D

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 29084 [0], given: 5264

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2017, 10:43
One other question I have: are there any cases where counting the number of variables and equations will definitely yield a correct result? If so, does MathRevolution at least tell you how to identify those questions and use the variable approach method with certainty on those questions? Thanks again.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2017, 10:51
bb wrote:
Unfortunately I don't think there are magic pills anywhere or bulletproof shortcuts that cut out the work - there are methodologies, approaches, and questions. Whether you take advantage of them and use them or just glance over them all rides on you.

P.S. I do wish there was a secret trick somewhere though :D

The way that MathRevolution advertises their product, they do make it seem as though it's bulletproof or a magic pill (I believe they actually use the word magic in one of their advertisements), so, naturally, anyone would be curious about what they had to offer.

Intern
Intern
S

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 32

CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2017, 10:58
candyandy wrote:
Can anyone provide an honest assessment of Math Revolution? All of the reviews on this site seem a bit scripted, even though they are apparently from confirmed users. I read a review of Math Revolution on Reddit that basically blew up the company's spot saying that its claims are an exaggeration at best. This reviewer also mentioned that GMATClub didn't allow him to post a negative review of the site, which makes sense because it's obvious that GMATClub has some kind of partnership with Math Revolution (promoting their product on the site). If anyone could give me an honest answer here, that would be great.

hi

i would suggest it makes strong sense if you need to start from scratch,
if you know the basics then going with only og makes more sense

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 32

Re: Honest recommendation for Math Revolution   [#permalink] 02 Nov 2017, 10:58

Honest recommendation for Math Revolution

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap