GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 May 2019, 00:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

How to tackle RC in a month

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
B
How to tackle RC in a month  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jul 2017, 07:43
Hi guys,
Im planning to give exam by next month end and i have not done much of RC except for passive reading . Im almost done with SC and QUANT but RC i have no idea how to tackel. Can somebody tell me what to do.? Also the CR questions at the end of OG 2017 are way damn hard? As in even the reasoning doesnt seem clear to me.? Would CRs be this hard. I was able to do most of the questions till 60-70 percentage. If wrong also, i was able to reason out the last bits are too hard!!.. Help!
Retired Moderator
V
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: How to tackle RC in a month  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jul 2017, 20:59
Anazeer wrote:
Hi guys,
Im planning to give exam by next month end and i have not done much of RC except for passive reading . Im almost done with SC and QUANT but RC i have no idea how to tackel. Can somebody tell me what to do.? Also the CR questions at the end of OG 2017 are way damn hard? As in even the reasoning doesnt seem clear to me.? Would CRs be this hard. I was able to do most of the questions till 60-70 percentage. If wrong also, i was able to reason out the last bits are too hard!!.. Help!

Then which part is your final question about? RC or CR?
S
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Jul 2017, 21:14
Anazeer wrote:
Hi guys,

Please tell us about the sources that you used to prepare for Verbal. Also, your Verbal scores in mock tests.
Looks like you don't have a systematic approach to attack Verbal (CR & RC) questions. I faced the same problem when I prepared for my 1st attempt.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2017, 03:34
CR i do OG n from GMAT club.i read powerscore bible as well.. i just skimped through
RC i have done only VR 2017.
Current Student
G
GPA: 3.4
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2017, 03:38
Anazeer wrote:
Hi guys,

I think if you can buy the Aristole 99 Passage book and try to do 3 passage a day- it might help you in getting a good practice. SC>RC>CR so do practice RC as well.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2017, 04:38
Aristotle passages seem very hard
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2017, 06:04
Is the RC and CR of egmat good?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2017, 06:15
For RC OG and VR is not sufficient to boost concept ?
Is there is need to go beyond OG and VR ? bcz what actually Official guide provide is best from my point of view you will face similar level question in actual test day ..

Sent from my HTC Desire 816G dual sim using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2017, 06:22
Basically Im not much of a reader n Egmat of SC really helped me. Cr i read the powerscore to get idea on what are options to look for . I get mostly the 500 n 600 level question but 700 level ones from Gmat Club I find it hard to crack. RC is the one that i have no clue of!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2017, 06:32
Follow carcass for verbal

Sent from my HTC Desire 816G dual sim using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V45
GRE 1: Q168 V170
GPA: 3.59

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2017, 10:20
Anazeer wrote:
CR i do OG n from GMAT club.i read powerscore bible as well.. i just skimped through
RC i have done only VR 2017.

If you have the PowerScore Reading Comprehension Bible I strongly recommend that you go back and thoroughly study that while doing all of the exercises, as well as supplementing with problems from the Official Guide. The VIEWSTAMP method will help you identify the important elements of the passage (Viewpoints, Tone, Argumentation, Main Point, and Passage Structure) and there are exercises in the book that help you learn how to build that skill. The book will also help you understand all of the different question types and the elements of correct and incorrect answers for all question types.

It seems like you already have the tools you need to be successful on verbal. Now it is time to actually study instead of half-heartedly skimming over the material.
Current Student
G
GPA: 3.4
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2017, 19:44
[quote="arif24"]Follow carcass for verbal
Good Idea I might try that!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: How to tackle RC in a month   [#permalink] 27 Jul 2017, 19:44

How to tackle RC in a month

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap