GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Nov 2018, 03:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

IIM Banglore EPGP 2019 Intake: Calling all Applicants[Official Thread]

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 590 Q47 V24
GPA: 3.2
WE: Corporate Finance (Retail Banking)
CAT Tests
Re: IIM Banglore EPGP 2019 Intake: Calling all Applicants[Official Thread]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2018, 23:41
nivedita4988 wrote:
Hi,
I am planning to apply for EPGP round 2. Will be taking the GMAT test in Nov first week.
Need suggestion for SOP writing. Please suggest the areas that it should cover.

I have used services of Admitready for my SOP to be submitted for IIM-C application. Tridisha has worked with me closely in order to give a proper structure to my SOP with all necessary contents.

Although initial draft written by me contained all useful informations, but it lacked the chronological order in which my career highlights should come. Moreover, it was not covering the “Why MBA? “ & “Why Now?” aspect. Tridisha has helped me incorporate both aspects in my SOP. Also, she has been quite accommodative with respect to timing - she gave me time as per my convenience, yet she completed the drafting within 4 days. She had first understood the intended idea that I want to be incorporate and then came up with the first draft. In the process, she has deleted some portions which seemed redundant. She has worked on my SOP three times before arriving at the final draft.

I am highly impressed with the kind of services she gave me, and would strongly recommend her services to other aspirants too. You can reach her at admit.ready@gmail.com

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
CAT Tests
Re: IIM Banglore EPGP 2019 Intake: Calling all Applicants[Official Thread]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2018, 23:55
How much is the GMAT cut off for IIM - B ?

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 590 Q47 V24
GPA: 3.2
WE: Corporate Finance (Retail Banking)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2018, 00:09
In their website they have mentioned it was 660 ladt yr . But thats for admits not shortlisting

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2018, 00:40
There is no cut off score for IIM B.
A low GMAT score can be compensated by a good profile/SOP.

In r1,someone with 660, also got an interview call.

I am an alumnus of IIM B, PM me if you have further questions.

Regards,
Tridisha

nidhilata wrote:
How much is the GMAT cut off for IIM - B ?

Tridisha, IIM Bangalore

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: IIMB EPGP"20 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2018, 00:42
Hi ,

For the round 1 admits , when will the offer letters start rolling out. The offer acceptance date is 5th Nov and we have not received offered letter yet?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2018, 07:50
shashankawasthi wrote:
Hi ,

For the round 1 admits , when will the offer letters start rolling out. The offer acceptance date is 5th Nov and we have not received offered letter yet?

Hi guys

The office has started rolling out the offers.
You will be receiving it soon

All the best!!!

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2018, 07:53
Srajagopal21 wrote:
IIMBEPGP
The website mentions that the work experience be preferably less than 12 years. Does IIMB have a hard cut off at 12 years?
What is the probability of an interview call and admission for an applicant with 12+ years of experience (say 13 or 14 yrs)?

There is no hard cut off, but having said that there is a preference for slightly lesser than 12 years as there are other programs specifically designed for people with 10-15 yrs of experience.

If you have an outstanding profile that stands out. You will defenitely be considered

Intern
Intern
IIM Banglore EPGP 2019 Intake: Calling all Applicants[Official Thread]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2018, 17:30
Quote:
There is no hard cut off, but having said that there is a preference for slightly lesser than 12 years as there are other programs specifically designed for people with 10-15 yrs of experience.

If you have an outstanding profile that stands out. You will defenitely be considered

Hi There,
I had been through the complete discussion. Very informative.
I have 15 years of experience in IT industry. Which are the 'other programs' designed for people like me?

Regards,
Praveen
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2018, 19:37
Hello IIMBEPGP,

I have the following queries :
1) Is it necessary to enter Graduation marks semester wise or only the final/ overall score would be sufficient? My grad school had a calculation policy of considering 25% weightage on first 4 semester scores and 100% weightage on last 4 semester scores for calculation of the final score obtained. Hence, the final/ overall score varies significantly.
2) Do you consider hobbies as extra curricular and competitions won in hobbies as award/ distinction?
3) My hobby is photography. Whether publication of photographs in websites/ magazines/ newspaper be considered as publications?

Regards
Rakesh
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2018, 20:19
Hi Rakesh,

Here are your answers:
1) Yes, you have to enter marks semester wise and also enter the final score in the field provided.
2) Your hobbies are EC. Competitions won can be included. However try to include only significant competitions.
3) Publication of photography will go in EC. The publication section will include scientific journal/research article publications

PM me for further queries.

Regards,
Tridisha

raks85 wrote:
Hello IIMBEPGP,

I have the following queries :
1) Is it necessary to enter Graduation marks semester wise or only the final/ overall score would be sufficient? My grad school had a calculation policy of considering 25% weightage on first 4 semester scores and 100% weightage on last 4 semester scores for calculation of the final score obtained. Hence, the final/ overall score varies significantly.
2) Do you consider hobbies as extra curricular and competitions won in hobbies as award/ distinction?
3) My hobby is photography. Whether publication of photographs in websites/ magazines/ newspaper be considered as publications?

Regards
Rakesh

Tridisha, IIM Bangalore

GMAT Club Bot
Re: IIM Banglore EPGP 2019 Intake: Calling all Applicants[Official Thread] &nbs [#permalink] 28 Oct 2018, 20:19

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 50 posts ] 

IIM Banglore EPGP 2019 Intake: Calling all Applicants[Official Thread]

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap