Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:30 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [15]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GRE 1: Q170 V155
GPA: 4
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
WE:Project Management (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51452 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2018 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
AcidXXX wrote:
Hey folks, I just received my interview invite. I am an Indian but I applied from UAE, so I am guessing that they have started rolling out interview decisions for the middle-east applicants. Good luck to all those awaiting their results.
NOTE: It is not necessary that your AO will send you the interview notification!

Congratulations. I am guessing you have truckloads of international experience?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2018 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Bookmarks
Congratulations and all the best AcidXXX
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Wow INSEAD has started sending out invites already? I thought it'll come out on October 20. Does anyone what % of applicants INSEAD invites for interviews?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
From the top of my head, I think i remember reading the inerview invite rate was 23%. Could be wrong...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Send PM
Harshet wrote:
From the top of my head, I think i remember reading the inerview invite rate was 23%. Could be wrong...

I guess that's wrong cuz Insead's acceptance rate is touted at 30-40%. A school which gives out average GMAT so proudly will also specify acceptance rate proudly if it were lower than 20%, suggesting that Insead doesn't have a low acceptance rate. Insead is right in maintaining a higher acceptance rate taking in candidates from as many countries as possible by compromising acceptance rate and thereby positioning itself as Business School for the World.
Now, if interview acceptance rate is 50% as suggested by many, then their interview invite rate could be in the range of 60-80% - I believe that it is in the range of 50-60%.

But again, all of the above is my educated guess and could be wrong.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
gmat2k17 wrote:
Harshet wrote:

I guess that's wrong cuz Insead's acceptance rate is touted at 30-40%. A school which gives out average GMAT so proudly will also specify acceptance rate proudly if it were lower than 20%, suggesting that Insead doesn't have a low acceptance rate. Insead is right in maintaining a higher acceptance rate taking in candidates from as many countries as possible by compromising acceptance rate and thereby positioning itself as Business School for the World.
Now, if interview acceptance rate is 50% as suggested by many, then their interview invite rate could be in the range of 60-80% - I believe that it is in the range of 50-60%.

Thanks for the insight.

But If I try to reverse engineer this -

For every 100 applicants, 60 would get invited for an interview (taking the lower limit as per your estimate)
Of the 60 getting an interview invite, 30 would get an admit.

So essentially for every 100 applicants, 30 would get an admit. (i.e. 30%)

Now considering an INSEAD intake has 550 to 600 seats, with a 30% acceptance rate, the total applicants would be anywhere between 1800 to 2000. That's too low surely?

I personally think that the acceptance rate etc. are numbers that don't really matter, especially in the first round. Although I have to admit, I'm equally guilty of overthinking about these parameters.

With no one from India having heard yet, I guess we will find out only next week. The productivity at work is going to suffer a massive hit. It's either going to be a very happy Diwali or an extremely disappointing one.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Harshet wrote:
gmat2k17 wrote:
Harshet wrote:

Thanks for the insight.

But If I try to reverse engineer this -

For every 100 applicants, 60 would get invited for an interview (taking the lower limit as per your estimate)
Of the 60 getting an interview invite, 30 would get an admit.

So essentially for every 100 applicants, 30 would get an admit. (i.e. 30%)

Now considering an INSEAD intake has 550 to 600 seats, with a 30% acceptance rate, the total applicants would be anywhere between 1800 to 2000. That's too low surely?

I personally think that the acceptance rate etc. are numbers that don't really matter, especially in the first round. Although I have to admit, I'm equally guilty of overthinking about these parameters.

With no one from India having heard yet, I guess we will find out only next week. The productivity at work is going to suffer a massive hit. It's either going to be a very happy Diwali or an extremely disappointing one.

Keep in mind that not everyone accepted matriculates. that would increase your applicant pool to roughly 2500 (assuming a 80% yield)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Good point, sneaks

Just been lurking here and there trying to get some data regarding this and came across a blog that stated total applicants per intake is roughly 2500. Another blog stated the "applicant per seat" as 2.5, which roughly translates to a total of 1500 applicants per intake.

Needless to say, not sure how reliable these figures are.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
this week has really tested the nerves... 1 more week to go!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Harshet sneaks

To add to it, even Booth has a yield of 60% so I would assume a similar figure for Insead. In addition, deferred admissions are excluded from Yield, though that's a relatively very small figure.

Moreover, the whole game changes the moment you're an Indian as provided in the blog below:

https://www.mbadataguru.com/blog/insead/ ... ance-rate/

While acceptance rate is quite high for others it is a meager 12% for Indians, but again this is based on applicants registered on gmatclub.com.

Most importantly, I feel the dynamics may have changed completely with a much larger applicant pool applying to Insead this year owing to the Trumpian politics in US and Insead's continuous 2 year stint as the World's best B School in FT Rankings.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 670 Q45 V37
Send PM
Hey girls and guys, I just received an email saying I've made it to the interviews stage. Located in Lagos Nigeria.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nche wrote:
Hey girls and guys, I just received an email saying I've made it to the interviews stage. Located in Lagos Nigeria.

Congrats!! You're Nigerian?
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51452 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
INSEAD has a VERY different approach to application than other US schools. It is VERY hard to break into INSEAD without legit international work ex (especially unconventional international work-ex for Indains, sometimes a US stint is not enough) - my 0.02$
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 670 Q45 V37
Send PM
gmat2k17 wrote:
nche wrote:

Congrats!! You're Nigerian?

Yes sir. Mixed Nigerian and french.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 125 [0]
Send PM
Regarding the percentage of applicants receiving interview invite, I am attaching here an excerpt from clear Admit's interview guide, FYI.
Weighting
While INSEAD does not have an of cial weighting system, the interview reports generally carry no more weight than one’s work experience, recommendations, etc. Of course, it remains to be said that because the interviews come after
an initial evaluation of one’s le, they can serve as the swing vote in some borderline applications. At least one interview is required for admission to INSEAD, a fact that suggests that the adcom considers these data points to be essential to their admissions decision.
In recent years, INSEAD has invited 40-50% of the applicant pool to interview, ultimately admitting 50-60% of those in this “preselected” group. An invitation to interview is, therefore,
a positive signal as to the strength of one’s candidacy, though substantial cuts will still be made after this phase of the ad- missions process.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 108
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
WE:Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Hi

I was filling out the form.

DO we have the cultural diversity question for Sept 2018 intake ?? I had this question in my list but unable to locate it anywhere right now, please help!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
GmatBawse wrote:
Hi

I was filling out the form.

DO we have the cultural diversity question for Sept 2018 intake ?? I had this question in my list but unable to locate it anywhere right now, please help!!

It is not there anymore.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Got interview invite at 8.28pm Singapore time :) based in sg

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  30   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts