GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Aug 2018, 18:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Is EWMBA Haas majority non American?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Is EWMBA Haas majority non American?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 15 Dec 2017, 19:40
Wondering how the EWMBA demographics look?

Originally posted by haxeto on 15 Dec 2017, 19:21.
Last edited by haxeto on 15 Dec 2017, 19:40, edited 3 times in total.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Re: Is EWMBA Haas majority non American?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2017, 19:28
I can easily see this one quickly drift into harsher comments :-D
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2017, 19:53
Smart move with the edits ;)
I personally think many programs are now geared towards attracting an international crowd and aren't really rooted in any given country with regards to culture. To some extent, the cultural artifacts of such schools aren't country specific but rather focused on a set of skills and behavioral patterns.

For example, take a look at INSEAD’s accelerated 10-month MBA program. It's ranked the No. 1 MBA experience in the world, has about 50% of its classes going into top MBB consulting companies and is supposedly a French business school. Yet, you won’t find a dominant nationality at INSEAD, with Americans and Indians representing the highest proportion of the class at 9% each (and French and Chinese students each representing 7% of the class followed by Canadians at 6%) according to P&Q. With its cross-cultural vocation, INSEAD also requires students to be fluent in two languages upon entry and learn a third by graduation. And although it's a "French" school, classes are taught in English, which has replaced Mandarin as the top native language among students.

Since the goal of an MBA program is to provide new opportunities and career progression of some sort, I'm sure we'll see more and more schools evolve into a version of Insead, given their proven success.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2017, 19:58
For the demographics, you can look at http://ewmba.haas.berkeley.edu/communit ... ofile.html

By the way, if you haven't done it yet, I would encourage you to visit the Bay area and Berkeley in particular to get a sense of what the culture is like. I think it would give you a better sense of the experience, and I'm sure you'll get an idea of its distinctive culture, beyond what the stats tell you.
Re: Is EWMBA Haas majority non American? &nbs [#permalink] 15 Dec 2017, 19:58

Is EWMBA Haas majority non American?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap