Last visit was: 04 May 2024, 19:18 It is currently 04 May 2024, 19:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [4]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 4
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
hello suheilmohan

I'd recommend a retake and target a 680+ to have a decent shot at ISB.
Your background is certainly different, but don't rest on this laurel alone.
A profile is made up of Acads+WorkEx+Extracurricular+Career Goals. Read here what makes a strong profile.
Not sure about your career goals and extracurricular here. (college level ECA do not carry much weight unless something stellar).
Also, work related info is very transactional and role based. Nothing on achievements or career progression, which may show some strengths in your profile.
The only thing that can compensate for a low GMAT is 'quality' in your profile, whihc you haven't mentioned much around. So in that case retake the GMAT and push the score up to 680 at least.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

suheilmohan wrote:
Hi,

I am working in GroupM, it is the largest media firm in the world. My work profile is Consumer Insights and content. Have been working here for the past 2.5 years. Have done post graduate course in communication management from Symbiosis, Pune. I am also a Mechanical engineer from Manipal Institute of Technology, Karnataka. Worked for year after that with Hero Motocorp. In total I have 3.5 years of work ex. Have won a lot of business school case study competitions. Have been the placement cell head as well at Symbiosis. My GMAT score is 620. Should I apply to ISB with this? considering my profile is not of a regular IT guy but from a media background.

Thanks,
Suheil Mohan
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Send PM
Expert Reply
suheilmohan wrote:
Hi,

I am working in GroupM, it is the largest media firm in the world. My work profile is Consumer Insights and content. Have been working here for the past 2.5 years. Have done post graduate course in communication management from Symbiosis, Pune. I am also a Mechanical engineer from Manipal Institute of Technology, Karnataka. Worked for year after that with Hero Motocorp. In total I have 3.5 years of work ex. Have won a lot of business school case study competitions. Have been the placement cell head as well at Symbiosis. My GMAT score is 620. Should I apply to ISB with this? considering my profile is not of a regular IT guy but from a media background.

Thanks,
Suheil Mohan

Hi Suheil! You certainly have an interesting profile and with over 3 years of experience, there is no reason to wait for another year. 620 isn't going to help, but anything around 700 will give you a decent shot at ISB.

All the Best!
ISBmantra / Admit Square Consulting
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 582 [1]
Given Kudos: 161
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
MBA Decoder takes pleasure in announcing a series of webinars we are conducting along with the ISB admissions team before the Round 1 deadline on September 15th.

The MBA Decoder team helps hundreds of ISB applicants every year on their applications, profile evaluation and reject analysis. Consequently, we are well versed with the applicants’ pain points and have consciously selected our webinar topics to address these.

We invite you to register for them here. The details are posted below:

Tuesday, August 7th: How to reapply successfully at ISB. Register Here
Monday, August 13th: How to apply successfully at ISB as a Senior Applicant. Register Here
Tuesday, August 21st: Bust Common Admission Myths for ISB Admissions. Register Here

Webinar Timings: 7 pm to 8 pm IST

For the applicants targeting Round 1 deadlines, we cannot emphasize enough on the value of starting your applications atleast a month before the deadline. You need this time for introspection and multiple essay iterations in order to make them stand out.

Take advantage of our webinars and get into the application groove!!
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Expert Reply
abhijitmohanty wrote:
Hi Everyone,
Please review my profile :-
I am a Software Engineer with 2 years of Work Experience at Mindfire Solutions, Bhubaneswar.
Being in a small company , I have not only been involved in coding , but also in Marketing activities. I have helped organise Tech Quizzes and Conferences.
I have handled Social Media Marketing of the events also.

For hobbies, I do standup-comedy (part of a comedy collective) and also involved in an YouTube channel (co-founder , script writing and acting).

I am also involved with an NGO, for whom I am building a knowledge sharing platform(design and web/app development).

My academics are as follows :-

10th : 9.8 CGPA
12th : 87.6 %
B.Tech (CSE) - VSSUT, Burla : 7.71 CGPA

Extra-curriculars : TCS IT WIZ 2011 Regional Runners-Up. Was involved in organizing and participating in quizzes during B.Tech.
I am planning to get done with GMAT by January 2019 and work on application and essays for the rest of the year. Targeting R1 - ISB.

My post MBA Goals are to get into Product Management by leveraging my experience as a Full Stack Developer.

Please give feedback. Thanks in advance.

Hi abhijitmohanty,

You have a fine overall profile and with the kind of time you have before you apply, we are confident you will be able to build this up. We would strongly recommend that you keep performing in your existing role to have as many achievements as possible as they will serve as good talking points in your essays.

Having said the above, the GMAT will be crucial and we suggest that you prepare for it and get it out of the way :-) Aim upwards of a 730 as GMAT expectations will anyway be higher from you (as an Indian IT Male :-)). A high GMAT score, together with a set fo well-drafted essays (in which, the career goals move in sync) will give you a very strong chance at making it to ISB! :-)

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi Everyone,
I am a Banking professional with 4 years of Work Experience in Punjab National Bank.
I joined PNB as an in 2014 as an Officer and got promoted to Manager in 2017. Now i am heading a urban branch with business exposure of around Rs 50 crores.
Being a branch head, I deal with all customers. I work on Credit portfolio(loans and advances), routing new business for the branch and manage team of 5 members.

For hobbies, I have a passion for cooking(experience 10 years). Besides this, i maintain good health with the help of yoga and ayurveda and can actually talk on all these for a pretty long time.

I am also trying to get involved with an NGO to add more to my profile.

10th : 77%
12th : 69.6 %
B.Tech (ECE) - Guru Jambheshwar University, Hisar : 6.8 CGPA
I graduated in June 2012 and joined Bank in july 2014. Will this gap have an impact on my profile ?

Extra-curriculars : I have some certifications on stock markets from National Stock exchange and trying to get some more on same.

I am planning to get done with GMAT by January 2019 and work on application and essays for the rest of the year. Targeting R1 - ISB.

My post MBA Goals are to get into financial markets(stocks) field as a market analyst.

Please give feedback. Thanks in advance
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Hello evreryone

Please evaluate my profile and let me know how much score do I need in GMAT to get in ISB?

Female,Indian

Educational Background -

B-Tech (E&C) - 75% (UPTU)
M- Tech (Thermal Power) - 85% (NPTI - Delhi)

Professional Background -

Thermal Power Professional l Total experience of 7 years l Work as an EA to Chairman - Business Strategy l Served as Whole Time Director in 2 companies worth INR10,000 Crs (May'2014 to June'2018)

Thank you!
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello holyghost91

Overall a strong profile wit decent acads, work ex and extracurricular activities. You can read here on what factors to highlight in your essays.
The 2 year gap can be compensated if you can show what you were doing in those 2 years.
Since you are planning to apply next year you will have more than enough time to work on your application. I recommend spend the next one year working on and building all parts of your profile including work ex and extracurricular activities to increase your chances of admission. Do not wait till Jan but start early, it will help you immensely.
Target a 700+ in GMAT and you should have a decent shot at ISB.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

holyghost91 wrote:
Hi Everyone,
I am a Banking professional with 4 years of Work Experience in Punjab National Bank.
I joined PNB as an in 2014 as an Officer and got promoted to Manager in 2017. Now i am heading a urban branch with business exposure of around Rs 50 crores.
Being a branch head, I deal with all customers. I work on Credit portfolio(loans and advances), routing new business for the branch and manage team of 5 members.

For hobbies, I have a passion for cooking(experience 10 years). Besides this, i maintain good health with the help of yoga and ayurveda and can actually talk on all these for a pretty long time.

I am also trying to get involved with an NGO to add more to my profile.

10th : 77%
12th : 69.6 %
B.Tech (ECE) - Guru Jambheshwar University, Hisar : 6.8 CGPA
I graduated in June 2012 and joined Bank in july 2014. Will this gap have an impact on my profile ?

Extra-curriculars : I have some certifications on stock markets from National Stock exchange and trying to get some more on same.

My post MBA Goals are to get into financial markets(stocks) field as a market analyst.

Please give feedback. Thanks in advance
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello Daaku05

The 'stats' of your profile are pretty strong. Will help further if you can mention some qualitative details as well such as career progress and achievements at work and extracurricular activities. Read here to know what makes a complete profile.
Also missing are your career goals and why you need an MBA from ISB. This narrative will be critical to predicting your chances. You can read here on career goals after ISB.
Target a 700+ and present realistic career goals and you have a fighting chance at ISB.
Should you have further questions, let me know.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Daaku05 wrote:
Hello evreryone

Please evaluate my profile and let me know how much score do I need in GMAT to get in ISB?

Female,Indian

Educational Background -

B-Tech (E&C) - 75% (UPTU)
M- Tech (Thermal Power) - 85% (NPTI - Delhi)

Professional Background -

Thermal Power Professional l Total experience of 7 years l Work as an EA to Chairman - Business Strategy l Served as Whole Time Director in 2 companies worth INR10,000 Crs (May'2014 to June'2018)

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I am looking to apply to ISB this year. What are my chances?
10th : 93.45%
12th : 84.33% (Top 1% in State)
B.Tech from VJTI : 8.2/10
GRE : 322
Work ex : 32months by Mar'19
Currently, working as Technology Analyst at Barclays
Achievements : Had started own venture in final year of graduation. Were incubated at Zone Startups. Had annual revenue of 3lacs

Work achievements :
Pitched 2 business ideas at Barclays, not part of the assigned project. Developed the MVP. Currently in implementation phase.

Extra-Curricular :
Was part of College Football team.
Organised two events, where 80 people participated for Water cup ( led by Aamir Khan's Paani foundation) to fight drought.

Short-term goal : Product Management
Long term goal : Entrepreneurship

*Reapplicant : Had applied in EEO last year via GMAT score (650)

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: ISB '20 (S)
Send PM
Hi,
I got a low GMAT score twice (550/560), but have a good work+ international experience+academics
Also, I am confident about my essays.
Nationality: Indian
Target EMBA programs: IIM's & ISB
Total Work Exp: 9.2 years
International Work Exp: 4.5 years
Industry: Oil & Gas
Function: ERP Professional

I there any hope for me? Please share your feedback.Thanks in advance!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi. Please review my profile.

Name: Hardik Gandhi

Class 10th: 91.50%
Class 12th: 90.25%
Engineering: 8.75 CGPA ( MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology)

Worked as a Business Analyst in Accenture for 1.5 years. I quit my job after that to start my journey as an entrepreneur or rather an edupreneur. I started a Coaching Institute in Bangalore to teach students for various entrance exams like CET, JEE Mains, SAT and other competitive exams.Some of my students are studying in top colleges in India and Abroad. I am basically a Math teacher who has tried to add use of technology to Education. After running my institute successfully for a few years i entered into the online education segment with another startup and launched an android app for the same. Tried a lot to get funding for the same but didn't succeed yet. There is traction on the app but i am not able to scale it due to lack of funds. So currently i am running both, classroom teaching as well as the online segment. I also teach underprivileged children because that is something which makes me happy. I have roughly 6.5 years of work ex of which 1.5 yrs was professional and rest as an entrepreneur.

I will be taking GMAT in OCT . Target Score : 720-750

Please evaluate my profile for ISB and IIM's.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi all,

Request you to please evaluate my profile for admission at ISB Hyderabad.

I am an IT engineer, working in production support profile for banking domain.
Job responsibilities include managing a shift of around 10 people responsible for production.
Job responsibilities require a mix of technical and managerial skills required for ITIL Change management profile.

High school- 89.6%(ICSE)
12th SCIENCE - 75.0%(ISC)
B.tech Information Technology - 7.50 CGPA from BPUT University
Work ex -9 years experience in IT, No onsite experience

Extracurricular
1) Water painting
2) National Finalist in Bournvita Quiz winner held at school level
3) Yoga, marathon

Originally posted by miragmat on 04 Aug 2018, 13:59.
Last edited by miragmat on 07 Aug 2018, 05:37, edited 4 times in total.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73025 [0]
Given Kudos: 18907
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
piyushsrivastava7 wrote:
Hi,
I got a low GMAT score twice (550/560), but have a good work+ international experience+academics

Merged - please continue the discussion here for profile evals.
P.S. For your target schools that will automatically disqualify you; they are unlikely to even review your application since the average is around 700. No dice. You can wait until you can possibly do an EMBA (possibly without GMAT).

Good Luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Hello,
My details are as follows :

10th - 80% (From State Board)
12th - 81% (From State Board)
B.E. in Mechanical Engg. - 73%
No gap in academics or in job.

11+ years of work experience (7 months in Steel Manufacturing, rest in Power Plant Equipment Manufacturing Industry.
I have a wide exposure in Power Plant Industry starting from construction to BoP Engineering/ Proposal etc.
Extracurricular - Photography (Have won local newspaper award, published in magazine, Canon edge photograph of the month, 5 photographs selected in top 100 in Center For Civil Society Exhibition etc.), writing short stories/ prose (took part in TOI Write India Competition), Cooking (took part in Masterchef India recipe contest and won goodies), Running (Took part in 11km Marathon last year)

GMAT Score - 640 (Q47, V32, IR6, AWA 5.5). I am not happy with this score and I believe I can do better. I am planning to attempt again in another month.

Please let me know whether the above is good enough for ISB. Also, if I get a better GMAT Score before interviews would they consider that?

Regards
Rakesh
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [1]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Suheil,

Hope you are doing well.

I am an ISB alum, CO14, and would be happy to evaluate your candidature.

While I definitely see you bringing diversity to the ISB classroom, but since the competition is quite high over the recent, I will recommend you to retake the GMAT and aim for a score in excess of 670 to get a realistic shot of being considered. This is under the assumption that, you will. back your score with a high quality application articulating your experiences, goals, and value add to the ISB cohort - as a student and as a an alumni.

In case you have further questions and want a detailed discussion. Please feel free to reach out to me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com and/or M :+91-9701215544

Cheers
Arijit
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello piyushsrivastava7

First things first- I would highly recommend a retake and target a score of at least 640+ if nothing else. With a 550-ish score the chances are very low even if your profile is strong in other areas.
It is good to hear that you are confident of your essays, but at times applicants do not completely know who they are competing with. Several people with such profiles apply and at times things need to be put into perspective.
To get a successful admission you will need to have a spike on at least 3 admission factors mentioned here.
Plus the details given by you are highly qualitative in nature and these 'stats' conceal more than they reveal about you. It would obviously help further to understand the actual nature of your work, career progress, achievements, past academic scores, extracurricular activities, career goals. Unfortunately all of this qualitative info is missing to give a detailed feedback. In absence of this, I will suggest to target at least a 650.
Should you have further questions, let me know.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

piyushsrivastava7 wrote:
Hi,

VP
VP
Send PM
Hello hardikgandhi

You have a lot going for you. Good past acads, decent target GMAT and potentially a good work ex background.
You'll need to showcase a spike in the admission factors mentioned here.
That said, you will more importantly need to tie in all of the above with your career goals and showcase a need for an MBA at ISB. One does not necessarily needed an MBA to succeed at entrepreneurship. You can read more on career goals here to help in your research.
Should you have further questions, feel free to reach out.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

hardikgandhi wrote:
Hi. Please review my profile.

Name: Hardik Gandhi

Class 10th: 91.50%
Class 12th: 90.25%
Engineering: 8.75 CGPA ( MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology)

Worked as a Business Analyst in Accenture for 1.5 years. I quit my job after that to start my journey as an entrepreneur or rather an edupreneur. I started a Coaching Institute in Bangalore to teach students for various entrance exams like CET, JEE Mains, SAT and other competitive exams.Some of my students are studying in top colleges in India and Abroad. I am basically a Math teacher who has tried to add use of technology to Education. After running my institute successfully for a few years i entered into the online education segment with another startup and launched an android app for the same. Tried a lot to get funding for the same but didn't succeed yet. There is traction on the app but i am not able to scale it due to lack of funds. So currently i am running both, classroom teaching as well as the online segment. I also teach underprivileged children because that is something which makes me happy. I have roughly 6.5 years of work ex of which 1.5 yrs was professional and rest as an entrepreneur.

I will be taking GMAT in OCT . Target Score : 720-750

Please evaluate my profile for ISB and IIM's.

Thanks.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  102   103   104   105   106  ...  307