Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 22:30 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 22:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: ISB'22 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41 (Online)
GPA: 4
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
abheeek wrote:
Hi Everyone! Please evaluate my profile for ISB PGP 24-25 batch. Thank you!

Class 10th: 9.6 (CBSE)
Class 12th: 85.5 (CBSE)

Bachelor's:
BE in Computer Science from PESIT South Campus (affiliated to VTU): 72.7 (First Class with Distinction)

GRE: 331 (164V, 167Q)

Work experience: Nearly 5 years of work ex in Deloitte Consulting.
Worked on a Merchandise Assortment Planning solution built on Anaplan for a clothing company for the first 2.5 to 3 years as an Analyst. Responsibilities included directly interacting with the business end users for requirement gathering and implementing features in Anaplan. Received awards both at an individual and project level for contributions to the project during this time, and was promoted to Consultant level.
Shifted to a software developer role within the company working on AWS based cloud applications.

Extracurriculars: Weakest point of the application. Got grade 6 certified in guitar from Trinity college when I was in school.

Post MBA Goal: I want to transition into product management.

Hi,

All seems good Abheek. The GRE score is great and will strengthen your college GPA.
The work experience is decent. The devil lies in the derail, which we don't as yet know, but from what you mention above, i gather you would have stories of impact and achievements from the workplace. The goals are legit given what you have done so far.
My advice would be to yhink deeper about your profile ( and take professional help) to understand how you can differentiate yourself from the sea of other applicants like you. Being able to pull out examples from your life where you showed leadership skills, empathy, resolve, initiative, collaboration will help in telling impactful stories that set the right impression.
Reach out for a consultation.

Posted from my mobile device
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
abheeek wrote:

Bachelor's:
BE in Computer Science from PESIT South Campus (affiliated to VTU): 72.7 (First Class with Distinction)

Worked on a Merchandise Assortment Planning solution built on Anaplan for a clothing company for the first 2.5 to 3 years as an Analyst. Responsibilities included directly interacting with the business end users for requirement gathering and implementing features in Anaplan. Received awards both at an individual and project level for contributions to the project during this time, and was promoted to Consultant level.
Shifted to a software developer role within the company working on AWS based cloud applications.

Extracurriculars: Weakest point of the application. Got grade 6 certified in guitar from Trinity college when I was in school.

Hi abheeek hope this finds you well

Congratulations on your impressive GRE score!

Regarding your professional experience, it is important that you find the right tone for your ISB application that effectively showcases your distinctiveness and the value you will bring to the ISB cohort. If you have spent all five years at Deloitte, it is important to show how you have grown professionally year over year and demonstrated a growth mindset within the same organization. Everyone's story is unique, and the B-schools are eager to hear about your own experiences. The ISB essays offer you the opportunity to breathe life into your one-dimensional profile and present a more personal and vivid picture of yourself. Make good use of this opportunity.

In addition, your application will be strengthened by providing a comprehensive understanding of the type of product manager you aspire to be (industry focus and why?). In doing so, you show that you have clear goals and are committed to a specific vision for future career.

Your ECs are scanty. I suggest that you think deeper and analyze whether you have missed considering any mundane/ unobvious/ subtle initiatives you may have taken through the years ( travel, learning a new language, certain diversity initiatives at work, for example, raising voice against gender discrimination, voicing strong opinions for diversity in the workforce, providing financial or moral support to someone in need, teaching the underprivileged kids, organizing diversity talks or off-site activities for better collaboration among teams, and so on). In my experience, I have seen that applicants struggle to recall in the early stages of application how they contributed toward the betterment of their community. It could take a little introspection and guidance to unravel it all.

Feel free to refer to these insights into the ISB application process
Fail-proof strategy for acing that ISB Interview

What ISB looks for really? A fresh perspective

Avoid these pitfalls in goals essays

Feel free to reach out should you need candid advice

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, ex admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [1]
Given Kudos: 37
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi AdiPar

The fact that your application was shortlisted for the interview and that you were waitlisted shows that the ISB was happy with your application and the essays. It will not be possible to give any constructive feedback you wish to seek on the weak points in your application and any advice/input with respect to your short term career goal without seeing your PGP application.

We recommend you to register with us for a free profile evaluation where you will get access to Ex ISB Admission officers to discuss your application in detail.

Regards
Team ISBMantra
https://www.isbmantra.com | info@isbmantra.com

AdiPar wrote:
Hey could you evaluate my profile:
Brief background:
- 25 year old Indian Male 
- Qualifications: Chartered Accountant (2019), CFA Level 2 cleared, BCom (2018). 10th - 86.3%, 12th - 88% 
- GMAT: 730 (Q49 V40)
- Work Experience: 3 Years experience in Investment Banking at a boutique firm - primarily involves helping companies raise funds through IPOs and Private equity raises. Have closed 5 IPOs till date.
Prior to CA: 2.5 Years (1.5 Year after Bcom) articleship at a boutique tax firm in International Tax
6 Months articleship at a firm now merged with deloitte in M&A Taxation
- Post MBA Goals: Private Equity or Venture Capital. I understand we may not be able to write this as goal in essay, so can work in a bigger Investment Bank post MBA to eventually go to PE/VC
- Geography preference - wish to come back to India in 3-4 years 
- Applied to ISB and INSEAD last year (with GMAT 700), interviewed at both, rejected by INSEAD, rejected after waitlist by ISB
Extracurricular: Associated with NGO to mentor students. Trained badminton player (participated in school events), flute player and part of a rotaract club.

Questions:

- What do you think are the weak points in my application and any suggestions on what could be improved
- What should I write my short term goal especially in non finance focused schools

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
I wanted to know my chances of getting into ISB.I wanted to apply for EEO at ISB

My academic qualifications are as follows:
10th- 85 %
12th- 85 %
UG Electronics engineering - 8.4 cgpa
GMAT - 660

Currently a product manager exp- 1yr
Have some good achievements in sports and i am into fitness
I am quite clear that i want to pursue product management at ISB
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello,
From the information you have shared, rest looks fine, except for the GMAT score. You can consider taking the test again, a higher GMAT score would strengthen your application.

All the best!

Tiktik9 wrote:
I wanted to know my chances of getting into ISB.I wanted to apply for EEO at ISB

10th- 85 %
12th- 85 %
GMAT - 660

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
Hi abheeek,

Your acads and GRE score seem good. Given you have over 5 years of work ex., we believe acads and in particular your UG college's credibility would come secondary. Your GRE score of 331 is above the average score of ISB's Class of 2023, which is 328. Additionally, there is no need to worry about your extra-curriculars as well.

In your case, quality of work experience (including the nature of the work, career progression- promotions and achievements and skill sets achieved), your post-MBA goals, your contributions to ISB along with your GRE score would matter more.

Net-net, you have a competitive profile. As a next step, in order to differentiate yourself from other candidates, you would want to focus on building a good story line for your application using the elements mentioned above.

Hope this was helpful! We are a bunch of ISB alums who help potential ISB candidates with profile positioning, essay reviews and interview mocks. Feel free to book a 15 min free session for more discussion- https://calendly.com/reachusfly/15min

With warm regards,
Team Fly
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/reachusfly/

abheeek wrote:

Bachelor's:

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Dear Tiktik9,

Below is our evaluation of your candidature:

Academics : Average; 8.4 CGPA gives you a push.

GMAT: Below Average; you will need to bump your score by at least 30 points and get it closer to the 700 figure.

Work Experience: Stating that you are already working as a PM (assuming its a tech PM role) and that too coming from a non-programming background can be a double edged sword for you. On one hand, ad coms would be curious to understand how did you land the role and the responsibilities you are handling currently, and on the other hand would be skeptic about your motivation to pursue a MBA and get into a PM role since you are already working in a similar capacity.

Extra-Curriculars: As an EEO applicant, ad coms understand that you might not possess substantial leading experience at work. However, they expect you to demonstrate some leadership traits in a non-work setting. Try to build from this POV in the weeks leading up to the application.

I am an ISB alum, CO15, and have been guiding applicants in their admission journeys for last 6+ years. Please feel free to reach out in case you seek dedicated professional guidance to craft a compelling application.

Cheers and all the very best !!
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Hello abheeek

ISB will evaluate your profile on four factors-
1) Academic Potential- checks the box with decent past scores an an above average GRE score.
2) Work ex- With a strong brand on the CV, signs of career progression and achievements you seem to have potential for good story telling. You just need to present your story well in the essays and interviews.
3) Diversity- Software background, lack of extracurricular activities (school/university activities do not add much weight unless the achievements are stellar and still relevant) make it difficult to stand out. However, we need to identify any qualities/traits/life experiences that can help us prove to the school that you will be a great addition to the class and help add value to the experience of your batchmates inside and outside the classroom.
4) Career goals- ISB is looking for leaders with a clear and realistic vision of their career and you seem to have goals that are organic and one of the most sought after post MBA, only need to weave it with your past experience and showcase why now is the best time.

Overall you seem to check most boxes, what is crucial from here is strong presentation of your narrative and you stand a decent shot at getting an interview invite.

Best
Varun
MBAkarma.com
+91-8452954888 (WApp for quick response)

abheeek wrote:

Bachelor's:

CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Expert Reply
Tiktik9 wrote:

10th- 85 %
12th- 85 %
GMAT - 660

Get that GMAT score UP!
Interesting to note that you are already a PM at the start of your career- most people take 4-5 years to get there. Obviously designations change depending upon the organizations, but be sure to explain your role and responsibilities well without magnifying them unrealistically.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
"Considering my relatively low work experience compared to the average, should I apply to ISB this year? I am new to this forum and would appreciate your input.

Here are my academic details:
- 10th grade: 10 CGPA
- 12th grade: 84.80%
- Graduation: 77.4% (Non-engineering degree in Transportation Technology from a unique university specializing in Transportation and Logistics)

In terms of work experience, I have 24 months of experience so far. I am currently employed in the Operations and Supply Chain domain at one of the flagship companies of the Aditya Birla Group.

Also I had admit from Few baby IIM's this year.
I have not seriously prepared for CAT just went and show up at the exam.

Additionally, here are some of my extra-curricular activities:
- Cluster finalist at Tata Crucible Corporate Quiz
- Founder and Head of Media and Tech Club in my university
- House Captain at school
- Played sports at the interschool level and participated in debate competitions

After completing my MBA, I am interested in exploring Marketing, particularly Brand Management, and consulting roles.

Given this information, I would appreciate your advice on whether I should apply to ISB this year. Thank you in advance for your guidance!"
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
opc43 wrote:
"Considering my relatively low work experience compared to the average, should I apply to ISB this year? I am new to this forum and would appreciate your input.

Here are my academic details:
- 10th grade: 10 CGPA
- 12th grade: 84.80%
- Graduation: 77.4% (Non-engineering degree in Transportation Technology from a unique university specializing in Transportation and Logistics)

In terms of work experience, I have 24 months of experience so far. I am currently employed in the Operations and Supply Chain domain at one of the flagship companies of the Aditya Birla Group.

Also I had admit from Few baby IIM's this year.
I have not seriously prepared for CAT just went and show up at the exam.

Additionally, here are some of my extra-curricular activities:
- Cluster finalist at Tata Crucible Corporate Quiz
- Founder and Head of Media and Tech Club in my university
- House Captain at school
- Played sports at the interschool level and participated in debate competitions

After completing my MBA, I am interested in exploring Marketing, particularly Brand Management, and consulting roles.

Given this information, I would appreciate your advice on whether I should apply to ISB this year. Thank you in advance for your guidance!"

opc43 hope you are doing great. Thanks for sharing your background in detail.

I recently worked with an ISB applicant who had exactly 2 years of work experience in supply chain analytics and is now in ISBCo24. So yes, if you present your knowledge in your industry in the right way and have a solid target strategy for post PGP, I do not see why ISB would not strongly consider you. That being said, it's not ideal to discuss outcomes without a solid GMAT score in hand. Set a 740 as your target score. My last applicant with 24 months experience had a 750 on GMAT.

Another important aspect to consider is evidence of your professional development
You should provide evidence of your development in the last 2 years. B-schools will look at your promotions and incremental work responsibilities as a sign of your potential. Even with only two years of full-time experience, demonstrating growth with progressive responsibilities in a variety of short-term projects that required a focus on a specific topic can help show schools the breadth and depth of your knowledge. So this point is really critical. For example, since you work in supply chain and logistics at ABG, you could reflect on problems you saw in achieving operational efficiencies or optimizing networks to increase business productivity. Stories with a strong industry focus go over well in MBA applications and interviews.

My 2 cents on your ISB strategy-

I would suggest that you research more regarding your goal of brand management. ISB is not a typical feeder into leading FMCG companies in brand marketing roles. If you are really passionate about brand marketing, you may want to seriously consider applying to one of the 2-year PGDM courses at IIMs, MDI, XLRI, SP Jain, etc. These colleges are major feeders for brand marketing roles in India. FMCG companies do not recruit at the top 1-year PGP programs with the same rigor. This is simply how the current recruitment pipeline is structured. Your background in supply chain will further complicate this transition into brand marketing after a 1 yr PGP. So, stay away from mentioning this goal in ISB application I would reckon. You may alternatively consider category management post ISB PGP (explaining how you will transition from supply chain to category mgt) which will give you similar skills as brands P&L handling. I have seen ISB grads move into FMCG Brand marketing roles laterally after category management experience. Feel free to speak with me if you would want to know more about this.

Since employability is an important criterion at all MBA programs, if ISB does not see you achieving Brand Marketing roles post PGP, they will straightaway reject you.

Other useful links on ISB -

Feel free to reach out for a candid discussion.

MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
I am planning on applying for R1/R2. I wanted to get some feedback on where I can improve my profile to be competitive at ISB.

Background: Indian-female, 27.

Work Experience:

Currently, I have a total of 3.5 years in Digital operations across diversified industries. I am working as a Global Business Ops analyst at a leading Adtech company where I am certified as Brand Safety Officer by Brand Safety Institute. Previously I worked as a Category management executive in a leading B2B Marketplace and also worked as a Content marketer in an HR Tech company. I have worn multiple hats during all my experiences, from training to managing 5 junior executives under me. I was recognized/awarded by senior management for being a team player and making a difference by efficiently carrying out SLAs. I have a good stakeholder management experience across different verticals and also got the opportunity to scale global client accounts. I now work with cross-functional and cross-border teams in my line of work, mainly interacting closely with my US, EMEA, and APAC counterparts.

LOR

I can fetch recommendations from the CEO of my 1st company, Immediate managers from all my 3 work experiences, and the Director of my department in my current company.

Education:

Undergrad Stats:
Electronics and Communication Engineering from a central university in Northeast, India. CGPA:7.53(Top 3% of graduating class). I have been an active member of NSS and various social activities. I have held the responsibilities of Class representative of my batch(2015-19).

Highschool stats:
12th - 80.13%
10th- 8.8 CGPA

GMAT: 690(will try to bring a better score by 20 to 30 points)

Post MBA goals:

Short-term: Join consulting firms in the likes of MBB in ESG or Healthcare vertical or Product marketing (because of my experience in digital marketing but in my current role I’m more into operations and would want to get into the more strategy-oriented role)
Long-term: Start social enterprise focussed on enhancing livelihood in Northeast Indian rural areas, preferably in the Ayurveda or organic products sector since I belong to a family with a Healthcare background and have subject matter expertise and networks. I plan to start a 1st in my generation family venture with them. (Showcase my commitment to the social sector and combine learning from consulting experience)

MBA Targets: ISB

Extracurriculars:

During my college days, I actively participated in the National Service Scheme (NSS). Additionally, I volunteered to teach orphaned children during weekends at an NGO called U&I Foundation. I am also a self-taught Spanish speaker, proficient in a total of five languages. In my current role, I have utilized my Spanish language skills to handle external client queries and manage customer journeys. As a women's education activist, I am dedicated to bridging the technical knowledge, financial literacy, and employment gaps faced by women and girl children. Currently, I mentor three girls, providing them with educational and skill development support. Growing up, I had the opportunity to travel extensively throughout India, from Leh to Kanyakumari and Arunachal Pradesh to Gujarat, as well as to neighboring countries. These experiences have played a significant role in broadening my education and character. During the COVID-19 pandemic, I actively engaged in community service, providing essential resources to households in need.

Thank you all for your help.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [1]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
keepsimple wrote:
I am planning on applying for R1/R2. I wanted to get some feedback on where I can improve my profile to be competitive at ISB.

Work Experience:

Currently, I have a total of 3.5 years in Digital operations across diversified industries. I am working as a Global Business Ops analyst at a leading Adtech company where I am certified as Brand Safety Officer by Brand Safety Institute. Previously I worked as a Category management executive in a leading B2B Marketplace and also worked as a Content marketer in an HR Tech company. I have worn multiple hats during all my experiences, from training to managing 5 junior executives under me. I was recognized/awarded by senior management for being a team player and making a difference by efficiently carrying out SLAs. I have a good stakeholder management experience across different verticals and also got the opportunity to scale global client accounts. I now work with cross-functional and cross-border teams in my line of work, mainly interacting closely with my US, EMEA, and APAC counterparts.

LOR

I can fetch recommendations from the CEO of my 1st company, Immediate managers from all my 3 work experiences, and the Director of my department in my current company.

Education:

Undergrad Stats:
Electronics and Communication Engineering from a central university in Northeast, India. CGPA:7.53(Top 3% of graduating class). I have been an active member of NSS and various social activities. I have held the responsibilities of Class representative of my batch(2015-19).

Highschool stats:
12th - 80.13%
10th- 8.8 CGPA

Post MBA goals:

Short-term: Join consulting firms in the likes of MBB in ESG or Healthcare vertical or Product marketing (because of my experience in digital marketing but in my current role I’m more into operations and would want to get into the more strategy-oriented role)
Long-term: Start social enterprise focussed on enhancing livelihood in Northeast Indian rural areas, preferably in the Ayurveda or organic products sector since I belong to a family with a Healthcare background and have subject matter expertise and networks. I plan to start a 1st in my generation family venture with them. (Showcase my commitment to the social sector and combine learning from consulting experience)

Extracurriculars:

During my college days, I actively participated in the National Service Scheme (NSS). Additionally, I volunteered to teach orphaned children during weekends at an NGO called U&I Foundation. I am also a self-taught Spanish speaker, proficient in a total of five languages. In my current role, I have utilized my Spanish language skills to handle external client queries and manage customer journeys. As a women's education activist, I am dedicated to bridging the technical knowledge, financial literacy, and employment gaps faced by women and girl children. Currently, I mentor three girls, providing them with educational and skill development support. Growing up, I had the opportunity to travel extensively throughout India, from Leh to Kanyakumari and Arunachal Pradesh to Gujarat, as well as to neighboring countries. These experiences have played a significant role in broadening my education and character. During the COVID-19 pandemic, I actively engaged in community service, providing essential resources to households in need.

Appreciate you sharing your story with us. Your commitment to social impact and broad professional experience really stood out. Now, let's dive into our assessment:

- Academically, your CGPA and standing in your graduating class are strong, and your GMAT score of 690 is within the competitive range for ISB. Even so, you're right in thinking a boost of 20 to 30 points could help. A unique facet of your profile is your multilingual ability and your service in NSS - continue to use these as a unique selling proposition.

- You've got your goals defined well, both in the short and long term. There's a clear connect between your aspirations and your past experiences. For ISB, they'll want to see how these goals fit in with their program and how you intend to achieve them during and after your MBA. A focus on specifics will serve you well here.

- Your work experience is quite diverse, showcasing a range of roles in different industries. It's vital to tie these experiences together in a cohesive narrative, highlighting your progression and the skills you've acquired. Specifically, highlight your leadership experiences, cross-functional collaborations, and stakeholder management skills.

- As you prepare to apply, make sure to do a deep dive into ISB's offerings and culture. Look for specific courses, clubs, or initiatives that resonate with your career aspirations. This could strengthen your case for why ISB is the right fit for you. Moreover, spend time reflecting on your experiences and identify compelling stories that showcase your journey, your accomplishments, and the challenges you overcame.

- As for your questions, you've already identified areas of your profile to work on - GMAT score and narrative building. We'd also suggest focusing on how you have made a difference in your work and social work. Use this as a selling point in your essays and interviews.

We hope this feedback serves you well. Remember, we're here if you need more help. Feel free to post more queries here or to reach out to us directly. Best of luck with your MBA journey!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Kudos
Hey, hope all is well. Thank you for your query.

Work Experience - I believe this is a spike because you have been recognised at work (not everyone gets workplace awards in a 40 months tenure), and since you have done cross-functional and multidimensional work which aligns with your post-ISB goal of joining management consulting. Ensure that you flesh out this work-ex prominently in the goals essay and align it with why consulting

LOR - More than the job titles, pick someone who you have worked with closely, and who can vouch for your candidature

Academics + GMAT - Past academics are fine, no red flags. Would recommend retaking the GMAT and bring it to >=720 for it to be competitive

ECA - Volunteering (NSS + Social service) is a recurring theme in your application and will definitely help you, use it tactically in the first essay and also align it with your long term goal. If you can take up something on this front over the weekends right now, then it will be helpful

All the best!

keepsimple wrote:

Work Experience:

LOR

Education:

Undergrad Stats:

Highschool stats:
12th - 80.13%
10th- 8.8 CGPA

Post MBA goals:

Extracurriculars:

SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
keepsimple wrote:

Work Experience:

LOR

Education:

Undergrad Stats:

Highschool stats:
12th - 80.13%
10th- 8.8 CGPA

Post MBA goals:

Extracurriculars:

Hi keepsimple hope you are doing great.

Your profile is interesting, but the impact of your work is not coming through. Make sure that when you present your work history/ career progression, it is clear what value you have added to your employer/clients and what a crucial role you have played in the company. For example, if you are in an operations-driven digital/content marketing position, highlight how working with junior executives or external collaborators has strengthened your stakeholder engagement skills, which you now fully leverage to achieve success with all the teams you work with inside and outside your country.

Goals Strategy
Your goals are all over the place at the moment. Demonstrating an industry focus is a good strategy for MBA applications. So if your industry focus so far has been digital marketing or business ops in ad companies (for example), I do not see how ESG and healthcare can be pragmatic goals for you. However, I do not want to discourage you. If these are the sectors you want to work in long-term, you should cite examples of previous involvement in these areas from your extracurricular or non-professional engagements. Digging deeper into your current industry experience should then ideally not be the focus of your essays if you do not see yourself working in this industry even in the short term.

Product marketing is a more nuanced role that requires a decent understanding of product management. Therefore, if you decide to pitch for product marketing, you should show how your previous work in digital advertising and management gave you insight into a specific area of product management that has enabled you to gain a thorough insight into PMM roes. Substantiate that with examples of speaking with experts and potential recruiters. All in all, you need to think carefully about how you want to formulate your goals. And believe me, ISB is one of the schools that really wants applicants to have a crystal-clear idea of their career plan when they apply.

I highly recommend speaking with someone who can help you select the right goals that not only inspire you, but are also plausible from the adcom's perspective.

I like other aspects of your profile. GMAT could be better. But even with this GMAT, It would give me more confidence if you have crossed a Q49 on quant :)

Other useful links on ISB -

Feel free to connect should you want candid advice

MBAGuideConsulting
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Schools: ISB '23
Send PM
Kudos
keepsimple wrote:

Work Experience:

LOR

Education:

Undergrad Stats:

Highschool stats:
12th - 80.13%
10th- 8.8 CGPA

Post MBA goals:

Extracurriculars:

Thanks for sharing your profile. I’ll keep it simple and straightforward.

Your candidature matches all criteria that are looked at by ISB - academic credentials, leadership potential and personal attributes.

If you are able to present a well defined storyline, with rational arguments on your goals and why ISB, it would be hard for ISB to reject you.

Even with the current gmat score. Yes, 690 is enough.

You see quite a few responses that actively suggest going for a retake. Having a higher score can always help, who doesn’t.

But the question I am answering is - do you need that extra 20 points on gmat!? I don’t believe so based on what you have shared so far. And I say this with an experience of having helped numerous candidates with sub-700 scores get into ISB.

So our suggestion would simply be to start work on your apps rather than wasting too much time on gmat prep. If you do want to retake gmat, I’d suggest finishing your app quickly first, then focus on gmat with full attention - because whether you achieve a higher score or not, if you have a nice app, it should still carry you through.

Hope that helps. Get in touch with us if you have doubts or questions.

Best
Piyush
managementmasters.in

Admit Expert Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM