Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 03:40 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 03:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Admit Expert Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 237 [0]
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Kudos
Hello keepsimple

ISB will evaluate your profile on a combination of four factors- Academic Potential, Work Experience, Diversity and Career Goals. Let us see how you fare on these-

ACADEMIC POTENTIAL

Your past scores are decent, but the GMAT/GRE is slightly below average for ISB (though not a deal breaker due to other aspects of your profile which we shall touch upon below).

WORK EXPERIENCE

The number of years is in the sweet spot and the digital marketing and category management work profile will make it slightly easier to stand out in the tough competition. However, more than years of work ex or age, you will also need to mention more about your career progress and key achievements. Your post does a decent job of highlighting your achievements and is not just about bullet points around your responsibilities only and does talk about achievements, an attitude that must be carried forward in the essays, however, presentation will be key. Keep in mind that Awards, promotions or designations are not achievements. They are results. An achievement is when your actions have a positive impact on the business of the organization. I will strongly advise you to showcase this in your essays. Coming to the recommendations- There is a clear pecking order in terms of the right referees, starting from Best to Worst-

Client>Senior Management (only if they know you and can comment on your work)>Direct Supervisor>Senior Manager (Not supervisor) >Colleague>Juniors>Faculty>Friends>Vendors>Family. The ones above colleagues can all be considered (based on the exact relationship) and the Colleagues and below must be avoided at all costs.

DIVERSITY

By the virtue of your work ex you belong to an under-represented pool of applicants and will find it slightly easier to stand out. The extracurricular activities on your list are interesting and some of them can add value as long as you showcase them to be relevant- that is- how will these help you add value to the experience of your batch mates inside and outside the classroom (keep in mind that most university/school level activities might not add much weight unless the achievements are stellar). We need to explore further what qualities of yours can help differentiate you from others and help you make a positive contribution to the learning of your peers.

CAREER GOALS

Currently your goals are clear but whether the goal is Realistic will depend on the actual narrative that you present in the essay (most people have the target of getting into consulting, but make sure your research is complete that why you will be able to make this transition successful considering what top consulting companies look for in candidates. There will be much grilling here in the interviews).

Best
Varun
MBAkarma.com
+91-8452954888

keepsimple wrote:
I am planning on applying for R1/R2. I wanted to get some feedback on where I can improve my profile to be competitive at ISB.

Background: Indian-female, 27.

Work Experience:

Currently, I have a total of 3.5 years in Digital operations across diversified industries. I am working as a Global Business Ops analyst at a leading Adtech company where I am certified as Brand Safety Officer by Brand Safety Institute. Previously I worked as a Category management executive in a leading B2B Marketplace and also worked as a Content marketer in an HR Tech company. I have worn multiple hats during all my experiences, from training to managing 5 junior executives under me. I was recognized/awarded by senior management for being a team player and making a difference by efficiently carrying out SLAs. I have a good stakeholder management experience across different verticals and also got the opportunity to scale global client accounts. I now work with cross-functional and cross-border teams in my line of work, mainly interacting closely with my US, EMEA, and APAC counterparts.

LOR

I can fetch recommendations from the CEO of my 1st company, Immediate managers from all my 3 work experiences, and the Director of my department in my current company.

Education:

Undergrad Stats:
Electronics and Communication Engineering from a central university in Northeast, India. CGPA:7.53(Top 3% of graduating class). I have been an active member of NSS and various social activities. I have held the responsibilities of Class representative of my batch(2015-19).

Highschool stats:
12th - 80.13%
10th- 8.8 CGPA

GMAT: 690(will try to bring a better score by 20 to 30 points)

Post MBA goals:

Short-term: Join consulting firms in the likes of MBB in ESG or Healthcare vertical or Product marketing (because of my experience in digital marketing but in my current role I’m more into operations and would want to get into the more strategy-oriented role)
Long-term: Start social enterprise focussed on enhancing livelihood in Northeast Indian rural areas, preferably in the Ayurveda or organic products sector since I belong to a family with a Healthcare background and have subject matter expertise and networks. I plan to start a 1st in my generation family venture with them. (Showcase my commitment to the social sector and combine learning from consulting experience)

MBA Targets: ISB

Extracurriculars:

During my college days, I actively participated in the National Service Scheme (NSS). Additionally, I volunteered to teach orphaned children during weekends at an NGO called U&I Foundation. I am also a self-taught Spanish speaker, proficient in a total of five languages. In my current role, I have utilized my Spanish language skills to handle external client queries and manage customer journeys. As a women's education activist, I am dedicated to bridging the technical knowledge, financial literacy, and employment gaps faced by women and girl children. Currently, I mentor three girls, providing them with educational and skill development support. Growing up, I had the opportunity to travel extensively throughout India, from Leh to Kanyakumari and Arunachal Pradesh to Gujarat, as well as to neighboring countries. These experiences have played a significant role in broadening my education and character. During the COVID-19 pandemic, I actively engaged in community service, providing essential resources to households in need.

Thank you all for your help.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Demographics: Mumbai, India, Male, 24 yr.

Education: B.tech in Electronics and Communication, Lovely professional University( 2017 - 2021) with CGPA - 7.3
Class XII - 73.6% (MP Board, 2016-2017)
Class X - 7.3 CGPA (CBSE, 2015)

GMAT: My first attempt score is 710 (Verbal - 39, Quant - 48)

Work Experience - Total 3 yr ( 2 yr full time + 1 yr Internship)
* Started my career as Program Analyst Intern in Board Infinity(Edutech Startup) in May 2020(the final year of my B.tech).
* I worked as a program analyst for 6 months and got promoted after 6 months as associate program manager after the successful completion of multiple projects.
* In the year 2021 after a year of completion of my internship and college degree I got promoted to Category Manager, because I was a key member of the team during periods when the team was severely understaffed, always a top performer, automated lots of processes, responsible for multiple entities and for parts of the group consolidation.
* Currently, I am working as a senior category manager in Board Infinity itself as a core team member. Managing a team of 16 and handling 3-4 verticals in the organisation.
* Using advanced analytical tools and automated reports to track performance, and designing solutions that balance technical capability, cost, and time against business needs.
* Resolving escalations and maintaining a process that reduces Service Level Agreement (SLA) and Turnaround Time (TAT)
* Planning and designing end-to-end workflows for cohorts and automating repetitive tasks using Zoho CRM, optimising operations to improve overall productivity and efficiency.
* Providing consultation to 1500+ customers across various domains, solving their problems and improving their overall experience.
* Handling P&L INR 4 Crore Monthly and building B2B partnerships currently
* Spearheading corporate relations and community management efforts while also working closely with technical teams to ensure that operational requirements and product changes are communicated effectively.
* Curating high-quality content and outreach to influencers, while also managing and mentoring team members to maximize their potential and foster an environment of growth and success.

LEADERSHIP ROLES AND POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY :

Department of Youth Capital:

* Volunteered at the Department of Youth Capital, in the Division of Student Welfare, where I contributed to office management tasks.
* Successfully handled all Public Relation requirements and ensured the smooth functioning of different teams.
* Effectively managed office management tasks, including data entry, scheduling, and organising events.
* Developed strong organisational skills and attention to detail while single-handedly managing office management responsibilities.
* Collaborated with other volunteers to ensure seamless execution of events and projects.
*Headed and Conducted North India's biggest fest Youthvibe as Head of Relations.

Posted from my mobile device
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
somubarua13 wrote:

Education: B.tech in Electronics and Communication, Lovely professional University( 2017 - 2021) with CGPA - 7.3

* Started my career as Program Analyst Intern in Board Infinity(Edutech Startup) in May 2020(the final year of my B.tech).
* I worked as a program analyst for 6 months and got promoted after 6 months as associate program manager after the successful completion of multiple projects.
* In the year 2021 after a year of completion of my internship and college degree I got promoted to Category Manager, because I was a key member of the team during periods when the team was severely understaffed, always a top performer, automated lots of processes, responsible for multiple entities and for parts of the group consolidation.
* Currently, I am working as a senior category manager in Board Infinity itself as a core team member. Managing a team of 16 and handling 3-4 verticals in the organisation.
* Using advanced analytical tools and automated reports to track performance, and designing solutions that balance technical capability, cost, and time against business needs.
* Resolving escalations and maintaining a process that reduces Service Level Agreement (SLA) and Turnaround Time (TAT)
* Planning and designing end-to-end workflows for cohorts and automating repetitive tasks using Zoho CRM, optimising operations to improve overall productivity and efficiency.
* Providing consultation to 1500+ customers across various domains, solving their problems and improving their overall experience.
* Spearheading corporate relations and community management efforts while also working closely with technical teams to ensure that operational requirements and product changes are communicated effectively.
* Curating high-quality content and outreach to influencers, while also managing and mentoring team members to maximize their potential and foster an environment of growth and success.

* Volunteered at the Department of Youth Capital, in the Division of Student Welfare, where I contributed to office management tasks.
* Successfully handled all Public Relation requirements and ensured the smooth functioning of different teams.
* Effectively managed office management tasks, including data entry, scheduling, and organising events.
* Developed strong organisational skills and attention to detail while single-handedly managing office management responsibilities.
* Collaborated with other volunteers to ensure seamless execution of events and projects.
*Headed and Conducted North India's biggest fest Youthvibe as Head of Relations.

Posted from my mobile device

somubarua13 hope this finds you well

You did not mention your goals. What do you expect to accomplish after the PGP? Of all the aspects the adcom evaluates you on, perhaps the most important is the question about goals and how ISB can add value to your career. A common mistake made by rejected and waitlisted PGP applicants is that they do not include PGP-justifying goals in their application. Make sure you do not make this mistake.

Your rapid career progression at this edutech startup is impressive. However, there will be several similar profiles applying to ISB who may have better brands on their resume in addition to better academic credentials. I suggest that you do not overestimate your growth in an edutech startup but present it as a solid foundation for the coveted ISB admit. There's much more to a top-notch ISB application than that: what industry and roles are you aiming for after your MBA, and why? How has your experience prepared you for your short- to mid-term career goals? 3 years is a relatively long time to work in a new and emerging startup. What has kept you in this company and how do you feel your experience has enriched you? What concrete steps have you taken to understand what opportunities are available to you post PGP and how will ISB act as a catalyst in achieving those opportunities?

If you are unable to meaningfully address the above questions in your essays and interview, you will not appear adequately prepared for ISB.

Some useful resources for ISB
Feel free to refer to these insights into the ISB application process
Fail-proof strategy for acing that ISB Interview

What ISB looks for really? A fresh perspective

Avoid these pitfalls in goals essays

The Secret Sauce for Outstanding Letters of Recommendation

Your GMAT could be better, especially your quant score which is less than 75th percentile.

Feel free to reach out should you want to speak.

Aanchal Sahni
MBAGuideConsulting
WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ |LinkedIn | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Operations, Human Resources
GPA: 3.29
Send PM
Hi Sarthak sir,

I had scheduled a appointment with you today as per your suggestion but seems that it has been cancelled from your end.

Thank you,
Regards,
Om
Send PM
Expert Reply
Om8981 wrote:
Hi,

I am 28 years old with 1.5 years experience in FMCG sector as customer service executive of Key account section (Modern Trade). Almost 2 years of experience as Trainee at a leading steel manufacturing firm and currently I am working as Lecturer in Government college since 2021. I had droped out of JU M.tech course.

I had set up a student community during my college days which looks after eduction of 50+ kids. I am still associated with them as a mentor. I have won best paper presentation award at a national level competetion. Multiple Gate score. Currently I am looking to get an admit at ISB with 100% scholarship becuase i am economically challenged background. I will share my accademic profile below. currently i am really struggling with SC but i am killing in quant with 95% accuracy and pretty much sure that i can easily nail Q48+. but when it comes to verbal things are looking bleak. Can anyone suggest me lower range that i must target to get the scholarship. I am aware that 780 is sweet spot but i dont have hope that i will be able to score that much. :-( but i wish to know what is the lower tollerance band. I am Targetting mid August for my GMAT.

B.tech in Chemical Engineering with 8.22 DGPA from tier 2/3 college
HS 63%
X 79% both from state board.

Thank You,
Regards,
Om Prakash Jha

Hi Om8981,

You can check your eligibility for the need based scholarship since you mention that you are from a economically disadvantaged background. In any case, given that your work experience is unique in that it has not followed a linear track, you need to target a score of 700+ to be considered for interview. Additionally, given that you have dropped out of M.Tech, you need to put extra efforts into showing that you are capable of managing a rigorous MBA course. The student community is a good aspect and can be used to create a good narrative.

To maximize your chances of receiving a scholarship, not only focus on your GMAT score but also on crafting a strong application that highlights your achievements and future goals. In your case, more importantly, you need to explain your career choices well. Also show how your background and experiences make you a valuable addition to the ISB community.

For a more detailed 1-1 strategy session, please write to contactus@admitexpert.com or fill the form at http://www.admitexpert.com

Good luck!
Send PM
Expert Reply
Tiktik9 wrote:
I wanted to know my chances of getting into ISB.I wanted to apply for EEO at ISB

My academic qualifications are as follows:
10th- 85 %
12th- 85 %
UG Electronics engineering - 8.4 cgpa
GMAT - 660

Currently a product manager exp- 1yr
Have some good achievements in sports and i am into fitness
I am quite clear that i want to pursue product management at ISB

Hi Tiktik9,

The first question we would have asked you if we were discussing this on a call would have been how did you land a PM role at this stage in your career. Adcoms are going to have the same question. They are also going to want to understand the scope of your work clearly. Once you've explained these well, you next have to explain why you need an MBA if you already are a PM now and you want to still be a PM. If you can improve your score to 700+, create a compelling application covering the aforementioned points and highlighting your potential for leadership through your work and sports involvement, you will stand a good chance.

For a more detailed 1-1 strategy session, please write to contactus@admitexpert.com or fill the form at http://www.admitexpert.com

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM

CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
somubarua13 wrote:

Hi somubarua13,

Thank you for sharing your detailed profile. It's always a pleasure to advise candidates with such rich experiences. Here's our assessment:

- Your academic performance, GMAT score, and leadership roles present a promising case. Your B.Tech GPA and your Class XII scores are decent. Your GMAT score of 710, particularly the strong Quant score, positions you competitively, especially if you're targeting ISB.
- From an industry perspective, your involvement in the EdTech sector, particularly with a startup, is significant. It's a dynamic industry and your role offers a wide array of experiences. But your post-MBA goals aren't clear. It would be beneficial to specify them, along with how an MBA would assist you in achieving those goals. This will give us a better understanding of your aspirations and guide us in tailoring your application strategy.
- Your work experience and career progression at Board Infinity are impressive. Transitioning from an intern to a senior category manager within a short span, managing significant responsibilities, and leading a team are noteworthy achievements. However, a common challenge for applicants from the startup world is communicating the magnitude and impact of their work to AdComs who are more accustomed to roles at larger, more traditional companies. You'll need to frame your achievements in terms they understand and appreciate.
- Based on your profile, our next recommendations are: 1) Clearly define your post-MBA goals and the role an MBA plays in it. 2) Showcase the impact and scale of your contributions at Board Infinity in a language that translates well to traditional corporate roles. 3) Draw connections between your experiences in the startup world and how they've shaped your leadership style and problem-solving skills. 4) You might want to consider engaging in community service activities if possible, as top MBA programs value community engagement as an indicator of well-roundedness.

We hope this evaluation assists you. Feel free to post more queries here or contact us directly. We're here to guide you through this journey.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Dear somubarua13,

Below is our analysis of your candidature.

GMAT: Average

Undergrad: Below Average; Neither do you have any strong academic accomplishments nor is your Uni of high pedigree.

Work Experience: This by far is the strongest aspect of your profile. Do note that 1 year internship is not counted as full time work experience. Hence, you might want to show it with a different messaging. Team management and responsibility to set up a category are highlights of your career and you should show from the essays how you will leverage these experiences to add value to the professional growth of your peers at ISB. Based on what you have mentioned, I can also ascertain that there are aspects of product marketing as well in your work portfolio. All of these should seamlessly merge into one coherent story.

Extra-Curriculars: It is not clear what were you able to achieve as a volunteer. If you can quantify your contribution and showcase some sort of passion towards the cause, you can maximize the impact of your ECs, else it seems like any other NGO experience that someone has mentioned for the heck of it.

Overall. I believe that with your current score you stand and assuming you will come up with a high impact application, you stand a decent chance of getting interviewed by ISB. If you play your cards well, you can make a positive impression in front of your interviewers and bump your final admission chances.

I am an ISB alum, CO15 and have been successfully guiding applicants in their admission journeys for last 6+ years. Feel free to reach out to me at 9701215544 if you want a pro-bono profile evaluation and seek professional guidance.

Cheers and all the very best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.17
WE:Operations (Education)
Send PM
Profile Evaluation request

Name: Ananya Anindita
Qualifications: BTech in Computer Science from Lovely Professional University
Bachelor's CGPA - 7.32 CGPA
12th (CBSE Board) - 66.7%
10th (CBSE Board) - 9 CGPA
Work Experience: 2 Years Full-Time Experience + 1 Year Full-Time Internship Experience
Role: Senior Program Manager
Company: Board Infinity
Industry: Education Technology (Edtech)
Test Scores with a breakup: GMAT 700 (Q50 V34, IR5, AWA 4)
Interested in Full-time MBA
Post-MBA goals: Management Consulting, Business Operations

My Profile:
Dynamic and well-accomplished professional, with 2 years of full-time and 1 year of internship experience with expertise in driving business growth and optimizing operations in the B2C and B2B sectors. Proven leadership in managing cross-functional teams, strategic partnerships, and end-to-end project development. Demonstrated success in implementing innovative solutions, improving efficiency, and delivering exceptional user experiences. Strong track record in securing valuable contracts, driving sales growth, and fostering key industry relationships. Committed to driving excellence and achieving results in a dynamic and challenging environment.

Key Skills:
Team Leadership and Mentoring
Process Improvement and Automation
Operations Optimization
Planning and evaluation requirement analysis
Contract Negotiation and management
B2B Partnership Development
Sales Performance Tracking
Product Launch and Management
Business Strategy Formulation
Content Quality Management
Supply and Demand Management
Curriculum Design and Consulting

Professional Experience:
Senior Program Manager - B2C & B2B Business | Team Leader -
As a cross-functional team leader, I oversaw 30 members in Mumbai and Bangalore, optimizing B2C and B2B operations and driving process improvements. Through strategic initiatives, including CRM adoption, I achieved 6% sales growth, improved operational efficiency, and achieved significant improvements in key metrics, including a 38% reduction in answer speed and 20% improvement in placement rate.

Partnerships & Business Growth -
In Partnerships & Business Growth, I fostered key partnerships with NASSCOM and the Ministry of Govt of India, accrediting Board Infinity Learning Path courses and driving substantial growth. Successfully onboarding international clients, including Coursera, I launched innovative products and secured a significant INR 30 lakhs contract, showcasing my ability to drive end-to-end development and deliver impactful results.

Product Management & User Experience Enhancement -
I utilized advanced analytics and automated reporting to track performance, enabling data-driven decision-making and delivering optimal solutions. Integrating the Webengage product with the retention team drove increased engagement and loyalty. Crafting seamless user journeys and streamlining workflows through Zoho CRM automation enhanced the overall user experience and improved productivity.

Supply and Demand Management-
I onboarded 200+ industry expert coaches, facilitating personalised sessions for learners. By fulfilling coaching and subject matter expert requirements for B2B and B2C channels and establishing placement partnerships, I successfully placed 35 learners in reputable companies.

Volunteer Experience -
Event Planning and Fund Raising | MML NGO, Mayurbhanj, Odisha
Feb 2018 - Present
- I have played a pivotal role in organizing successful events and implementing impactful fundraising campaigns.
- I have leveraged my expertise in event management and fundraising strategies to create engaging and memorable experiences that effectively raise funds to support the organisation's mission.

Extra:
1. Travel and lifestyle influencer, in Instagram and Youtube
2. Participated in several dance competitions at the college level and state level.
3. Hosted India's biggest college fest, Youth Vibe with a budget approval of 50 lakh and a sponsorship record of 15 Lakh.
4. Hosted renowned artists in college, Alia Bhatt in college under depart of Youth capital.
5. Organised EDM and Musical nights under depart of cultural affairs.
3. School Captain in higher secondary.

Awards
- Awarded as top quarterly performer of the year, 2022.
- Received “The Innovation Excellence Award” Board Infinity
- Awarded district-level gold medal as Kabaddi Player
- Represented State Odisha for National Dance Competition in Kendriya Vidyalaya, 2017

Originally posted by AnanyaAnindita on 13 Jun 2023, 05:19.
Last edited by AnanyaAnindita on 13 Jun 2023, 06:00, edited 2 times in total.
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Ananya,
You've done good work. Focus on highlighting the specific achievements in your application. Are you planning to retake the GMAT? If yes, it would definitely help you present a more competitive candidature. However, 700 on the GMAT is not a blocker. You've not spoken here about the extracurricular activities that you are involved in. You can use the next few months to add engagement on that front (if its lacking).

All the best!

AnanyaAnindita wrote:

Work Experience: 2 Years Full-Time Experience + 1 Year Full-Time Internship Experience

My Profile:
Dynamic and well-accomplished professional, with 2 years of full-time and 1 year of internship experience with expertise in driving business growth and optimizing operations in the B2C and B2B sectors. Proven leadership in managing cross-functional teams, strategic partnerships, and end-to-end project development. Demonstrated success in implementing innovative solutions, improving efficiency, and delivering exceptional user experiences. Strong track record in securing valuable contracts, driving sales growth, and fostering key industry relationships. Committed to driving excellence and achieving results in a dynamic and challenging environment.

Key Skills:
Operations Optimization

Professional Experience:
As a cross-functional team leader, I oversaw 30 members in Mumbai and Bangalore, optimizing B2C and B2B operations and driving process improvements. Through strategic initiatives, including CRM adoption, I achieved 6% sales growth, improved operational efficiency, and achieved significant improvements in key metrics, including a 38% reduction in answer speed and 20% improvement in placement rate.

In Partnerships & Business Growth, I fostered key partnerships with NASSCOM and the Ministry of Govt of India, accrediting Board Infinity Learning Path courses and driving substantial growth. Successfully onboarding international clients, including Coursera, I launched innovative products and secured a significant INR 30 lakhs contract, showcasing my ability to drive end-to-end development and deliver impactful results.

I utilized advanced analytics and automated reporting to track performance, enabling data-driven decision-making and delivering optimal solutions. Integrating the Webengage product with the retention team drove increased engagement and loyalty. Crafting seamless user journeys and streamlining workflows through Zoho CRM automation enhanced the overall user experience and improved productivity.

I onboarded 200+ industry expert coaches, facilitating personalised sessions for learners. By fulfilling coaching and subject matter expert requirements for B2B and B2C channels and establishing placement partnerships, I successfully placed 35 learners in reputable companies.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
AnanyaAnindita wrote:

My Profile:

Key Skills:
Operations Optimization

Professional Experience:

Hi AnanyaAnindita hope this finds you well

I had a very detailed discussion with another prospective applicant yesterday who also works at Board Infinity. So I could share a few comments on your profile. Hope this will help you to position your profile aptly-

Work experience- For applicants who come from small, new and emerging early-stage startups, the business schools evaluate your success in the context of how the startup has also grown during the same time period. At least this is the case for top global B Schools. ISB may have a slightly relaxed criteria since it brings in a relatively younger PGP cohort. From what I understand, your company is relatively in the phase where it is still getting established or in its early growth stages. So it becomes very important that you bring forth very clearly how have your contributions in your respective area taken your company's position from 0 to 1 in that area. Also to demonstrate high level of ownership , go deep into unpacking your experiences and reconstruct your stories in a way that shows that working on strategy projects in with senior execs and C suite members (your managers or clients) has given you a much more hands-on experience, more experiential maturity, and more capability to contextualize business problems (specific to your area of work in ed tech) than most others who come from similar backgrounds.

If I am honest, I would have liked a 2nd professional switch to a branded ed tech company which shows as a takeoff point in your career. Not sure what goals you might pitch to ISB but having an industry focus helps and for that a couple of stints in the same industry would have further strengthened your profile.

What you should do- You should work hard on craft a goals strategy that convinces ISB that you indeed are deliberate in your career planning and understand what the right career choices for you might be. Also showcase a solid subject knowledge related to the work areas you have experienced so far.

Academics- Your academics are alright but I really like the Q50 on your GMAT. Strategize how you should position yourself in comparison to an applicant who also comes from edtech industry but having premium academic pedigree and branded employers.

You did not mention your goals or your ECs. Hope you do some serious introspection there.

Feel free to reach out and have a candid discussion.

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, ex admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
Send PM
Expert Reply
AnanyaAnindita wrote:

My Profile:

Key Skills:
Operations Optimization

Professional Experience:

Volunteer Experience -
Event Planning and Fund Raising | MML NGO, Mayurbhanj, Odisha
Feb 2018 - Present
- I have played a pivotal role in organizing successful events and implementing impactful fundraising campaigns.
- I have leveraged my expertise in event management and fundraising strategies to create engaging and memorable experiences that effectively raise funds to support the organisation's mission.

Extra:
1. Travel and lifestyle influencer, in Instagram and Youtube
2. Participated in several dance competitions at the college level and state level.
3. Hosted India's biggest college fest, Youth Vibe with a budget approval of 50 lakh and a sponsorship record of 15 Lakh.
4. Hosted renowned artists in college, Alia Bhatt in college under depart of Youth capital.
5. Organised EDM and Musical nights under depart of cultural affairs.
3. School Captain in higher secondary.

Awards
- Awarded as top quarterly performer of the year, 2022.
- Received “The Innovation Excellence Award” Board Infinity
- Awarded district-level gold medal as Kabaddi Player
- Represented State Odisha for National Dance Competition in Kendriya Vidyalaya, 2017

Hi AnanyaAnindita,

Based on the details you have shared, if you create a strong application that highlights your strengths and achievements, and demonstrate a clear need for the program you apply to, you have a competitive profile for many MBA programs.

Suggestions for you:

Highlight the specific impact and achievements in your work experience, using quantitative results whenever possible
Showcase your leadership potential and teamwork skills through examples from work or personal life
Clearly articulate your post-MBA goals (the goals you have in mind seem fine but need to be discussed in more details and finalized) and how the MBA program aligns with your career goals
Leverage your extracurricular activities and volunteer experience to demonstrate a well-rounded personality

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Indian 20
BBA graduate
2 internships done, 1 govt internship with a specialized metals coorporate and one with JP morgan
GPA - 3.4
GMAT - 700

Extra curriculars - 2 national wins - 2nd in public speaking, 2nd in Debate
3x Zonal wins
Multiple elocutions/Debates/Business Competition 1st/2nd place finishes
Participated in high profile MUNs and Debates hosted by Harvard, nyu etc
President for debate club in both highschool and cllg, cofounded a consulting club, good growth metrics for both
Know 4 lang - mother tongue, eng, hindi, french (B level)
Volunteered for multiple ngos, team lead for AISEC. carried out speech training for underrepresented communities, education outreach programs etc

My gpa is not that high and thats a concern, gmat is 10 points below avg too, should i retake it?

what are my realistic odds for INSEAD (LBS and Imperial are my bakups so would apreciate if you have insights on my chance for them too)
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
AshiqXD wrote:
Indian 20
BBA graduate
2 internships done, 1 govt internship with a specialized metals coorporate and one with JP morgan
GPA - 3.4
GMAT - 700

Extra curriculars - 2 national wins - 2nd in public speaking, 2nd in Debate
3x Zonal wins
Multiple elocutions/Debates/Business Competition 1st/2nd place finishes
Participated in high profile MUNs and Debates hosted by Harvard, nyu etc
President for debate club in both highschool and cllg, cofounded a consulting club, good growth metrics for both
Know 4 lang - mother tongue, eng, hindi, french (B level)
Volunteered for multiple ngos, team lead for AISEC. carried out speech training for underrepresented communities, education outreach programs etc

My gpa is not that high and thats a concern, gmat is 10 points below avg too, should i retake it?

what are my realistic odds for INSEAD (LBS and Imperial are my bakups so would apreciate if you have insights on my chance for them too)

- Your internships seem to be disparate - what are your post-MiM goals?
- Your ECA is outstanding. You should certainly leverage this in your apps. This will set you apart.
- 700 is fine for LBS, Imperial, and INSEAD (and ESSEC as well). Increase it 20+ points if you are also targeting HEC.
- As of now, focus on building your story and your fit with INSEAD and LBS. With a strong app, you will have a good chance at both.
Send PM
Expert Reply
7 Steps: How to get into ISB (Indian School of Business)

Getting into the prestigious Indian School of Business (ISB) can be a transformative opportunity for your career and personal growth. However, the admissions process can be competitive and rigorous. In this article, we present a comprehensive 7-step guide to help you navigate the path to ISB and increase your chances of securing admission. From academic requirements to application strategies, we will provide you with valuable insights and practical tips to help you stand out as a strong candidate..7 Steps: How to get into ISB

This post was first published on the Admit Expert Blog
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 267
Send PM
Hi,
I'm Juhi. I'm 33 and a mother of 3 yr old. I'm looking for a career switch and see MBA as a powerful tool to achieve it.

Education: I'm PhD Mathematics (Nagpur University). -(2012-2017) MSc. Mathematics(Nagpur University, Gold medalist/Uni Topper), B.Sc. PCM (Nagpur Uni, Gold Medalist/Uni Topper).
Recently completed a one year online Advanced Certification in Data Science(IIT Madras-Intellipaat), working on another certification this year to bolster my data skills.

GMAT- 650(will be re-taking shortly).

Work Exp: 5 years as an Assistant Professor of Mathematics at RCOEM, Nagpur. Responsibilities: Teaching, Lab in-charge, Computational Math Lab, Administration, R&D coordinator, Member/leadership roles in various committees. Best Faculty Feedback reports- Every Semester of Last 5 years.

I'm very good at talking politely and respectfully, managing tense environments and stakeholder management.

LOR: I'm kind of right hand of my current HOD, and this has been true for my previous two HODs as well. Anyone of these will be happy to write a letter for me.

ECA: School/College level: Various-Dance, Debate, Cricket etc.(Many certificates and Awards), NCC. Current ECA- Counseling/Mentoring etc.

Now I'm looking to switch into corporate career specifically in analytics domain because I have strong quant, stat, analytical and data skills. I'll be doing MBA to gain business acumen to complement this skillset. The question I have is what are roles that I should be targeting post MBA. Some of the roles that I identified are Analytics Manager, roles in analytics consulting and strategy consulting. What other roles I can go for/ or where I will be a top candidate? I want to understand this clearly as I want to articulate it clearly in my application essays and interview. I'm currently contacting career offices of bschools and alums to understand this further. Can you help me understand these post MBA goals better?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  286   287   288   289   290  ...  307