Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 16:14 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 16:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [1]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
AshiqXD wrote:
Indian 20
BBA graduate
2 internships done, 1 govt internship with a specialized metals coorporate and one with JP morgan
GPA - 3.4
GMAT - 700

Extra curriculars - 2 national wins - 2nd in public speaking, 2nd in Debate
3x Zonal wins
Multiple elocutions/Debates/Business Competition 1st/2nd place finishes
Participated in high profile MUNs and Debates hosted by Harvard, nyu etc
President for debate club in both highschool and cllg, cofounded a consulting club, good growth metrics for both
Know 4 lang - mother tongue, eng, hindi, french (B level)
Volunteered for multiple ngos, team lead for AISEC. carried out speech training for underrepresented communities, education outreach programs etc

My gpa is not that high and thats a concern, gmat is 10 points below avg too, should i retake it?

what are my realistic odds for INSEAD (LBS and Imperial are my bakups so would apreciate if you have insights on my chance for them too)

Hi AshiqXD

I am an INSEAD alum and have served as an INSEAD MBA interviewer. I hope I can provide valuable insights from my perspective.

Academic Background

Your academic arc is not clear. Did you attend a tier 1 undergraduate institution? (A top-ranked college/school, academic achievements, scholarships, etc.) This holds significance, particularly when evaluating candidates with limited work experience.

GMAT Score

Your GMAT score could be improved, especially if you have a low GPA. You do not need to convert your GPA to the 4-point scale, as it may not accurately depict your performance. Regarding the GMAT, what is the breakdown of your Quantitative (Q) and Verbal (V) scores? At INSEAD, individual scores are taken into account and evaluated on a normalized curve, considering your demographic. Generally speaking, a Q49 or below may diminish your chances unless you have an outstanding overall GMAT score. I recommend considering a retake.

Extracurricular Activities

Your extracurricular activities, particularly in public speaking and debates, are impressive. Have you been involved in volunteering or participated in social impact initiatives? Reflect deeply on any seemingly mundane instances that you may have overlooked.

Language Skills

Your language skills are impressive.

Career Goals and Program Engagement

Most importantly, what are your goals? Why are you willing to invest so much effort, time, and money into the MiM program? What have you learned from your internships and how does that align with your goals? A convincing goal strategy that builds upon thorough research of the programs and showcases your engagement with current students and alumni is crucial. Anything less might jeopardize your chances of acceptance at LBS and INSEAD.

Feel free to reach out should you want to discuss your profile in detail.

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, ex admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [0]
Send PM
Ayugma wrote:
10th- 7.8
12th- 60% (Bihar Board)
B.tech - 7.0 (Chemical engineering)

Experience - 2.5 years as Planning engineer

Helped in a hospital during covid
And got a letter for it (Logistics)

NGO certificate - 2

What are my chances? And what GMAT score should I aim for?

2 more

Posted from my mobile device

Hi Ayugma hope this finds you well

Based on the very limited information provided about yourself, you may be perceived as just another applicant data point in the competitive applicant pool at ISB. I hope you understand this. Your identity is not solely defined by your background in "Chemical engineering" and your title as a "Planning Engineer." I am confident that you possess much more than that. What's your story?

This understanding becomes even more crucial since you will have below-average experience at ISB. Therefore, it is essential for you to focus on highlighting your personal and professional journey and how you have demonstrated incremental growth in the past 2.5 years.

You did not mention your goals. It is important to deeply contemplate your goals since ISB is one of those schools that expects applicants to have a clear vision for their future, at least in the immediate future. Avoid presenting a generic profile with overused post-MBA goal statements. Consider your long-term vision and establish ambitious and inspiring goals that make your short-term trajectory plausible.

To demonstrate that you have thoroughly considered your goals, outline your comprehensive future plan in your essays. Provide both Plan A and Plan B, and support both plans with relevant insights obtained through networking with alumni, potential recruiters, and industry experts.

Feel free to connect should you want to have a candid discussion about your profile.

MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
JHR2021 wrote:
Hi,
I'm Juhi. I'm 33 and a mother of 3 yr old. I'm looking for a career switch and see MBA as a powerful tool to achieve it.

Education: I'm PhD Mathematics (Nagpur University). -(2012-2017) MSc. Mathematics(Nagpur University, Gold medalist/Uni Topper), B.Sc. PCM (Nagpur Uni, Gold Medalist/Uni Topper).
Recently completed a one year online Advanced Certification in Data Science(IIT Madras-Intellipaat), working on another certification this year to bolster my data skills.

GMAT- 650(will be re-taking shortly).

Work Exp: 5 years as an Assistant Professor of Mathematics at RCOEM, Nagpur. Responsibilities: Teaching, Lab in-charge, Computational Math Lab, Administration, R&D coordinator, Member/leadership roles in various committees. Best Faculty Feedback reports- Every Semester of Last 5 years.

I'm very good at talking politely and respectfully, managing tense environments and stakeholder management.

LOR: I'm kind of right hand of my current HOD, and this has been true for my previous two HODs as well. Anyone of these will be happy to write a letter for me.

ECA: School/College level: Various-Dance, Debate, Cricket etc.(Many certificates and Awards), NCC. Current ECA- Counseling/Mentoring etc.

Now I'm looking to switch into corporate career specifically in analytics domain because I have strong quant, stat, analytical and data skills. I'll be doing MBA to gain business acumen to complement this skillset. The question I have is what are roles that I should be targeting post MBA. Some of the roles that I identified are Analytics Manager, roles in analytics consulting and strategy consulting. What other roles I can go for/ or where I will be a top candidate? I want to understand this clearly as I want to articulate it clearly in my application essays and interview. I'm currently contacting career offices of bschools and alums to understand this further. Can you help me understand these post MBA goals better?

Hi JHR2021 thanks for sharing about yourself in such great detail. You have an impressive background.

A doctorate in mathematics? Wow! It gives me confidence when educators come from fields where they have demonstrated a high level of analytical and quantitative skills. This background will give them a lot of confidence and support during the academically challenging MBA program. I worked with one applicant last year who began her career as a high school computer programming teacher. Although she had no work experience in a multinational corporation (MNC), she made it to ISB and the top 15 U.S. schools. This is a sign that schools give great weight to your academic caliber.

Also, as an educator, you are much better than most at dealing with different mindsets and ideas that you encounter in your job. This is a great strength that is highly valued by business schools.

Regarding your post PGP/MBA roles Juhi,

1. you should decide whether you want to advance your career in a position where you can use your higher-order thinking and data modeling skills to a great extent, or whether you want to work in a position that is more about managing stakeholders than developing analytical models.

2. consider what industry you would like to work in after your MBA. You need to have an answer to this question before you sit down to write your essays, because having the end goal in mind will help you reflect on your skills and experience in the right way. Also, consider whether you want to continue working in the field of education, albeit in a corporate setting, or whether you want to turn to a completely new field, and why? Motivations are often hidden in the stories of the past, so what is the source of your motivation? I would say to first do some soul-searching to figure out what kind of work you would like to do, and then reach out to people working in those areas to understand how you can make that transition happen. Speaking about your interaction with industry experts in your essays and interviews will position you strong in the admissions process.

Regarding your GMAT, definitely give it another shot, although I would like to think you are not struggling on the quant section.

I am an INSEAD alum and ex MBA admissions interviewer. Feel free to connect with me should you want to discuss your profile in detail.

MBAGuideConsulting
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 267
Send PM
MBAGuide Hi, Thanks Aanchal for the wonderful review. You left me with more questions than answers, and I thank you for that. I'll surely get in touch if my score zooms past 700 in my next attempt.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
JHR2021 wrote:
MBAGuide Hi, Thanks Aanchal for the wonderful review. You left me with more questions than answers, and I thank you for that. I'll surely get in touch if my score zooms past 700 in my next attempt.

JHR2021 glad this gave you some perspective. Even if you don't cross a definite 700 in your next attempt, don't hesitate to reach out. Remember, admissions committees consider a wide range of factors beyond just the GMAT score. In fact, they even look at the GMAT in parts (quant and verbal) and not as a whole.

MBAGuideConsulting
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply
Om8981 wrote:
Hi,

I am 28 years old with 1.5 years experience in FMCG sector as customer service executive of Key account section (Modern Trade). Almost 2 years of experience as Trainee at a leading steel manufacturing firm and currently I am working as Lecturer in Government college since 2021. I had droped out of JU M.tech course.

I had set up a student community during my college days which looks after eduction of 50+ kids. I am still associated with them as a mentor. I have won best paper presentation award at a national level competetion. Multiple Gate score. Currently I am looking to get an admit at ISB with 100% scholarship becuase i am economically challenged background. I will share my accademic profile below. currently i am really struggling with SC but i am killing in quant with 95% accuracy and pretty much sure that i can easily nail Q48+. but when it comes to verbal things are looking bleak. Can anyone suggest me lower range that i must target to get the scholarship. I am aware that 780 is sweet spot but i dont have hope that i will be able to score that much. :-( but i wish to know what is the lower tollerance band. I am Targetting mid August for my GMAT.

B.tech in Chemical Engineering with 8.22 DGPA from tier 2/3 college
HS 63%
X 79% both from state board.

Thank You,
Regards,
Om Prakash Jha

Hey Om8981,

Your work experience in the FMCG sector and at a leading steel manufacturing firm provides a strong foundation, but consider gaining more experience and taking on additional responsibilities to enhance your profile. Showcasing leadership potential in your current role as a lecturer in a government college will be valuable.

While your academic background in Chemical Engineering with a solid DGPA of 8.22 is impressive, address the reasons for dropping out of the M.Tech course in your application and provide a clear explanation.

Highlight your involvement in setting up a student community and mentoring over 50 kids, demonstrating your dedication to making a positive impact. Winning a best paper presentation award at a national level competition showcases your academic abilities and research skills.

For the GMAT, set realistic expectations like anything above 690 or 710 because GMAT is just 1/4th of your application. The rest depends on your extracurriculars, achievements, work ex. and utilize available resources to strengthen this area.

To increase your chances of securing a 100% scholarship at ISB, showcase your leadership potential, academic abilities, and dedication to your goals. Research scholarship opportunities at ISB and other schools, explaining how a scholarship would significantly impact your ability to pursue an MBA given your economic challenges.

Consider expanding your target list beyond ISB, including other MBA programs that align with your goals and offer scholarship opportunities.

In summary, gain more work experience, address the reasons for career transitions, and highlight leadership experiences and impact in extracurricular activities. Thoroughly prepare for the GMAT, focusing on verbal skills. Research scholarship opportunities at various schools and broaden your target list.

Highlight leadership examples such as leading cross-functional teams, improving customer satisfaction in the FMCG sector, optimizing production processes, and driving quality improvement initiatives at the steel manufacturing firm. Emphasize your ability to inspire students as a lecturer through innovative teaching methodologies and mentoring initiatives.

Quantify achievements and demonstrate the direct impact of your leadership efforts on team performance, customer satisfaction, cost savings, and student learning outcomes. By showcasing your leadership abilities and tangible results, you will demonstrate your potential as a future leader in the business world.

If you need more help, we'd be happy to set up a call and give more pointers on how to improve your profile and the right schools you should target.
You can setup a call via this link:
https://bit.ly/3DSH5km
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Hey,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB:

GMAT : Will give in 2 months

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: Completed B.E in Electronics with 7 CGPA.
H.S.C: 9.2 CGPA
S.S.C: 83.8 %

Work Experience:
Working in analytics domain for 23 months now.(awareded best performer here)

Extra Curricular:
1600 rated in chess, won few sports competitions in college
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 237 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Fforbarca wrote:
Hey,

Work Experience:

Extra Curricular:

Focus on maximizing GMAT, because that could be a key differentiator in your case.
--
Ashish.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
Fforbarca wrote:
Hey,

Work Experience:

Extra Curricular:

I am afraid based on the information provided, it is hard to evaluate the profile. But given the analytics domain has been largely OR, I would suggest at least a 730 or more
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi,
Let's look at the good, the bad and the ugly.

The Good:
1. Awarded the best performer - go into the stories behind this.
2. 10th and 12th - look good
3. Participating in sports competitions teaches you a lot of things, its time go back to those lessons.

The Bad:
1. The undergrad grades are not too competitive. 7 CGPA is fine but not too good, that means a lot onus of your shifting this to "good" will be on your GMAT score.
2. Chess 1600 is good, above average, but are you continuing with the game? If you are continuing with it, then shift this point from here to the "good" section. If not, see if you can revive it, and then take it back to the "good" section.

The Ugly:
Did not find much here, so don't worry.

What I mean here if you put up a good fight with your GMAT and deep dive into your stories you have a good profile to make the cut at ISB. This is a time when you should look at how can get there, so don't leave any stone unturned. Research, crystallise your goals, plan your moves and ace it!

All the best!

Fforbarca wrote:
Hey,

Work Experience:

Extra Curricular:
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Hello Fforbarca

Many missing elements in your profile to share a comprehensive feedback. More than the missing information, what worries me if you are aware what ISB is looking for, otherwise you might not have omitted such crucial information.

ISB will evaluate your profile on a combination of four factors- Academic Potential, Work Experience, Diversity and Career Goals. Let us see how you fare on these-

Academic Potential- Past scores look decent, but the more important measure of academic potential (the GMAT) is missing for a fair assessment. Even an estimated score will help. In its absence, tough to comment on the chances.

Work Experience- again, very little to go by except the number of years and the domain. Please do not treat work experience (or the overall admission process) as a checklist. You need to get into qualitative details such as career progression, achievements (awards/recognitions are not achievements in themselves, they are the result of your achievements. Talk about why you were given that award more than the award itself. Follow the STAR approach of story telling). Two people with the same profile can present their CV and story much differently and that can make all the difference in the success or failure of an application. With your experience on the lower end you will be competing with others who might have more achievements to talk about (if for no other reason than just having spent more time in the industry). How are you planning to use your work ex to stand out?

Diversity- Diversity is any quality/trait/experience that you bring to the class that helps you add value to the experience of your batch mates inside and outside the classroom. For most candidates, usually this gap is filled by extracurricular activities. No specific area that really stands out in the information shared currently. I understand the chess one might seem interesting on paper, but keep in mind most school/university activities do not add much weight as they were way back in the past (unless the achievements are stellar). Anyway the key is also to show how this activity is relevant to the b school application (again, do not treat this as a checklist)

Career Goals- This is the most important piece of the admissions puzzle. Your future aspirations are as much a part of your profile as is your past experience. A future business leader has a clear vision of their career, why they want to get there and how ISB is the best way to reach there. ISB want to see leaders with conviction and clear vision of their career and how are they planning to spend their time at ISB. You haven't mentioned your career goals either and it makes it tough to pass a judgement here.

Based on the information shared, it is virtually impossible to gauge your chances, so the only advice I can offer is that work on all of the four factors mentioned above in order to build a profile worthy of getting an interview invite.

You may want to read here on what factors work in a profile and here to add to your research on career goals.

Best
Varun Sharma
+918452954888 (WA message for a quicker response)
MBAkarma.com
info@mbakarma.com

Fforbarca wrote:
Hey,

Work Experience:

Extra Curricular:
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello Ayugma

Many missing elements in your profile to share a comprehensive feedback. More than the missing information, what worries me if you are aware what ISB is looking for, otherwise you might not have omitted such crucial information.

ISB will evaluate your profile on a combination of four factors- Academic Potential, Work Experience, Diversity and Career Goals. Let us see how you fare on these-

Academic Potential- Past scores look average, but the more important measure of academic potential (the GMAT) is missing for a fair assessment. Even an estimated score will help. In its absence, tough to comment on the chances. A target GMAT score could have been recommended as you have asked, but only if you had shared other areas of your profile in detail.

Work Experience- again, very little to go by except the number of years and the domain. Please do not treat work experience (or the overall admission process) as a checklist. You need to get into qualitative details such as career progression, achievements (awards/recognitions are not achievements in themselves, they are the result of your achievements. Talk about why you were given that award more than the award itself. Follow the STAR approach of story telling). Two people with the same profile can present their CV and story much differently and that can make all the difference in the success or failure of an application. With your experience on the lower end you will be competing with others who might have more achievements to talk about (if for no other reason than just having spent more time in the industry). How are you planning to use your work ex to stand out?

Diversity- Diversity is any quality/trait/experience that you bring to the class that helps you add value to the experience of your batch mates inside and outside the classroom. For most candidates, usually this gap is filled by extracurricular activities. No specific area that really stands out in the information shared currently. I understand the NGO one might seem interesting on paper, but you haven't even mentioned what the activity was, what impact did you make and what are your accomplishments here. By mentioning just '2 certificates' you are treating this as a checklist and as I have mentioned earlier this is not how ISB will look at your profile- they want to see the person behind this list. Also keep in mind most school/university activities do not add much weight as they were way back in the past (unless the achievements are stellar). Anyway the key is also to show how this activity is relevant to the b school application (again, do not treat this as a checklist)

Career Goals- This is the most important piece of the admissions puzzle. Your future aspirations are as much a part of your profile as is your past experience. A future business leader has a clear vision of their career, why they want to get there and how ISB is the best way to reach there. ISB want to see leaders with conviction and clear vision of their career and how are they planning to spend their time at ISB. You haven't mentioned your career goals either and it makes it tough to pass a judgement here.

Based on the information shared, it is virtually impossible to gauge your chances, so the only advice I can offer is that work on all of the four factors mentioned above in order to build a profile worthy of getting an interview invite.

You may want to read here on what factors work in a profile and here to add to your research on career goals.

Best
Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info@mbakarma.com

Ayugma wrote:
10th- 7.8
12th- 60% (Bihar Board)
B.tech - 7.0 (Chemical engineering)

Experience - 2.5 years as Planning engineer

Helped in a hospital during covid
And got a letter for it (Logistics)

NGO certificate - 2

What are my chances? And what GMAT score should I aim for?

2 more

VP
VP
Send PM
Hello JHR2021

You have a very diverse profile from a education and work experience front. While this is will work in your favor in order to stand out from the tough competition, it makes it tough to showcase a set of goals that are clear and realistically achievable (good to know you are self aware). I believe BI (business intelligence), Data Analytics related roles might be more suitable that strategy consulting (looking at the nature of your past experience and what the top consulting firms look at in candidates).
GMAT definitely needs to improve considerably (to match your academic background) and to also give confidence to the school that you will be able to handle the academic pressure of the program (this is your second weakness after articulating career goals)

Best
Varun
MBAkarma.com
+91-8452954888

JHR2021 wrote:
Hi,
I'm Juhi. I'm 33 and a mother of 3 yr old. I'm looking for a career switch and see MBA as a powerful tool to achieve it.

Education: I'm PhD Mathematics (Nagpur University). -(2012-2017) MSc. Mathematics(Nagpur University, Gold medalist/Uni Topper), B.Sc. PCM (Nagpur Uni, Gold Medalist/Uni Topper).
Recently completed a one year online Advanced Certification in Data Science(IIT Madras-Intellipaat), working on another certification this year to bolster my data skills.

GMAT- 650(will be re-taking shortly).

Work Exp: 5 years as an Assistant Professor of Mathematics at RCOEM, Nagpur. Responsibilities: Teaching, Lab in-charge, Computational Math Lab, Administration, R&D coordinator, Member/leadership roles in various committees. Best Faculty Feedback reports- Every Semester of Last 5 years.

I'm very good at talking politely and respectfully, managing tense environments and stakeholder management.

LOR: I'm kind of right hand of my current HOD, and this has been true for my previous two HODs as well. Anyone of these will be happy to write a letter for me.

ECA: School/College level: Various-Dance, Debate, Cricket etc.(Many certificates and Awards), NCC. Current ECA- Counseling/Mentoring etc.

Now I'm looking to switch into corporate career specifically in analytics domain because I have strong quant, stat, analytical and data skills. I'll be doing MBA to gain business acumen to complement this skillset. The question I have is what are roles that I should be targeting post MBA. Some of the roles that I identified are Analytics Manager, roles in analytics consulting and strategy consulting. What other roles I can go for/ or where I will be a top candidate? I want to understand this clearly as I want to articulate it clearly in my application essays and interview. I'm currently contacting career offices of bschools and alums to understand this further. Can you help me understand these post MBA goals better?
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello AshiqXD

Not sure if I am missing anything here- but what is your work ex or are you still to gain any?
In that case, I will recommend gaining a few years' work ex as INSEAD and LBS will be very tough (and LBS is not a backup/safety school for almost any candidate- I hope you are clear on the concept of a backup/safety school).
You definitely have a long list of extracurricular activities to talk about (though this still needs to be seen how will you be making them relevant to the b school in your application- a profile is not a checklist of N things that you have done in life).
Even if you have work ex, a 700 is on the lower end for INSEAD and LBS, without work ex this is probably a deal breaker (sorry for the blunt feedback).

Please get back with more information or if I have mis-interpreted anything.

Best
Varun
MBAkarma.com
+91-8452954888

AshiqXD wrote:
Indian 20
BBA graduate
2 internships done, 1 govt internship with a specialized metals coorporate and one with JP morgan
GPA - 3.4
GMAT - 700

Extra curriculars - 2 national wins - 2nd in public speaking, 2nd in Debate
3x Zonal wins
Multiple elocutions/Debates/Business Competition 1st/2nd place finishes
Participated in high profile MUNs and Debates hosted by Harvard, nyu etc
President for debate club in both highschool and cllg, cofounded a consulting club, good growth metrics for both
Know 4 lang - mother tongue, eng, hindi, french (B level)
Volunteered for multiple ngos, team lead for AISEC. carried out speech training for underrepresented communities, education outreach programs etc

My gpa is not that high and thats a concern, gmat is 10 points below avg too, should i retake it?

what are my realistic odds for INSEAD (LBS and Imperial are my bakups so would apreciate if you have insights on my chance for them too)
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello AnanyaAnindita

Thanks for sharing comprehensive details about your profile, makes my job easier.
Academically, you have average scores + GMAT. While this is not a dealbreaker looking at other aspects of your profile, this means you will not get in purely because of your academic credentials.
Work ex, while on the lower side (the 1 year internship does not count, although you could use the achievements and impact here in your essays to show your journey and growth), the Business growth profile shows good potential for measurable results and hence good story telling.
Diversity (apart from your work ex) can be added via your long list of extracurricular. Key will be selecting the right ones and weaving them into your narrative so as to make them relevant to the b school application (in short- how will these help you add value to the experience of your batchmates inside and outside the classroom). Make sure not to use really old (school/university) or irrelevant activities just to increase the list (quality over quantity)
Career Goals- lastly, the most important piece of the admissions puzzle is missing. Your future aspirations are as much a part of your profile as is your past experience. Why do you want to pursue an MBA just 2 years into the industry and seemingly on the right career track? ISB is looking for leaders with clear vision of their career. With this information missing (or not convincing enough) the application is very weak.

Best
Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info@mbakarma.com

AnanyaAnindita wrote:
Profile Evaluation request

Name: Ananya Anindita
Qualifications: BTech in Computer Science from Lovely Professional University
Bachelor's CGPA - 7.32 CGPA
12th (CBSE Board) - 66.7%
10th (CBSE Board) - 9 CGPA
Work Experience: 2 Years Full-Time Experience + 1 Year Full-Time Internship Experience
Role: Senior Program Manager
Company: Board Infinity
Industry: Education Technology (Edtech)
Test Scores with a breakup: GMAT 700 (Q50 V34, IR5, AWA 4)
Interested in Full-time MBA
Post-MBA goals: Management Consulting, Business Operations

My Profile:
Dynamic and well-accomplished professional, with 2 years of full-time and 1 year of internship experience with expertise in driving business growth and optimizing operations in the B2C and B2B sectors. Proven leadership in managing cross-functional teams, strategic partnerships, and end-to-end project development. Demonstrated success in implementing innovative solutions, improving efficiency, and delivering exceptional user experiences. Strong track record in securing valuable contracts, driving sales growth, and fostering key industry relationships. Committed to driving excellence and achieving results in a dynamic and challenging environment.

Key Skills:
Team Leadership and Mentoring
Process Improvement and Automation
Operations Optimization
Planning and evaluation requirement analysis
Contract Negotiation and management
B2B Partnership Development
Sales Performance Tracking
Product Launch and Management
Business Strategy Formulation
Content Quality Management
Supply and Demand Management
Curriculum Design and Consulting

Professional Experience:
Senior Program Manager - B2C & B2B Business | Team Leader -
As a cross-functional team leader, I oversaw 30 members in Mumbai and Bangalore, optimizing B2C and B2B operations and driving process improvements. Through strategic initiatives, including CRM adoption, I achieved 6% sales growth, improved operational efficiency, and achieved significant improvements in key metrics, including a 38% reduction in answer speed and 20% improvement in placement rate.

Partnerships & Business Growth -
In Partnerships & Business Growth, I fostered key partnerships with NASSCOM and the Ministry of Govt of India, accrediting Board Infinity Learning Path courses and driving substantial growth. Successfully onboarding international clients, including Coursera, I launched innovative products and secured a significant INR 30 lakhs contract, showcasing my ability to drive end-to-end development and deliver impactful results.

Product Management & User Experience Enhancement -
I utilized advanced analytics and automated reporting to track performance, enabling data-driven decision-making and delivering optimal solutions. Integrating the Webengage product with the retention team drove increased engagement and loyalty. Crafting seamless user journeys and streamlining workflows through Zoho CRM automation enhanced the overall user experience and improved productivity.

Supply and Demand Management-
I onboarded 200+ industry expert coaches, facilitating personalised sessions for learners. By fulfilling coaching and subject matter expert requirements for B2B and B2C channels and establishing placement partnerships, I successfully placed 35 learners in reputable companies.

Volunteer Experience -
Event Planning and Fund Raising | MML NGO, Mayurbhanj, Odisha
Feb 2018 - Present
- I have played a pivotal role in organizing successful events and implementing impactful fundraising campaigns.
- I have leveraged my expertise in event management and fundraising strategies to create engaging and memorable experiences that effectively raise funds to support the organisation's mission.

Extra:
1. Travel and lifestyle influencer, in Instagram and Youtube
2. Participated in several dance competitions at the college level and state level.
3. Hosted India's biggest college fest, Youth Vibe with a budget approval of 50 lakh and a sponsorship record of 15 Lakh.
4. Hosted renowned artists in college, Alia Bhatt in college under depart of Youth capital.
5. Organised EDM and Musical nights under depart of cultural affairs.
3. School Captain in higher secondary.

Awards
- Awarded as top quarterly performer of the year, 2022.
- Received “The Innovation Excellence Award” Board Infinity
- Awarded district-level gold medal as Kabaddi Player
- Represented State Odisha for National Dance Competition in Kendriya Vidyalaya, 2017
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello somubarua13

Academically, you have average scores + GMAT. While this is not a dealbreaker looking at other aspects of your profile, this means you will not get in purely because of your academic credentials.
Work ex, while on the lower side (you have 2 years work ex, the 1 year internship does not count as full time work ex for ISB, although you could use the achievements and impact here in your essays to show your journey and growth), the work profile shows good potential for measurable results and hence good story telling, career progress and growth is impressive too.
Diversity (apart from your work ex) can be added via your long list of extracurricular. Key will be weaving them into your narrative so as to make them relevant to the b school application (in short- how will these help you add value to the experience of your batchmates inside and outside the classroom). Make sure these are not really old (school/university activities do not add much weight unless the achievements are absolutely stellar).
Career Goals- lastly, the most important piece of the admissions puzzle is missing. Your future aspirations are as much a part of your profile as is your past experience. Why do you want to pursue an MBA just 2 years into the industry and seemingly on the right career track? ISB is looking for leaders with clear vision of their career. With this information missing (or not convincing enough) the application is very weak.

Best
Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info@mbakarma.com

somubarua13 wrote:
Demographics: Mumbai, India, Male, 24 yr.

Education: B.tech in Electronics and Communication, Lovely professional University( 2017 - 2021) with CGPA - 7.3
Class XII - 73.6% (MP Board, 2016-2017)
Class X - 7.3 CGPA (CBSE, 2015)

GMAT: My first attempt score is 710 (Verbal - 39, Quant - 48)

Work Experience - Total 3 yr ( 2 yr full time + 1 yr Internship)
* Started my career as Program Analyst Intern in Board Infinity(Edutech Startup) in May 2020(the final year of my B.tech).
* I worked as a program analyst for 6 months and got promoted after 6 months as associate program manager after the successful completion of multiple projects.
* In the year 2021 after a year of completion of my internship and college degree I got promoted to Category Manager, because I was a key member of the team during periods when the team was severely understaffed, always a top performer, automated lots of processes, responsible for multiple entities and for parts of the group consolidation.
* Currently, I am working as a senior category manager in Board Infinity itself as a core team member. Managing a team of 16 and handling 3-4 verticals in the organisation.
* Using advanced analytical tools and automated reports to track performance, and designing solutions that balance technical capability, cost, and time against business needs.
* Resolving escalations and maintaining a process that reduces Service Level Agreement (SLA) and Turnaround Time (TAT)
* Planning and designing end-to-end workflows for cohorts and automating repetitive tasks using Zoho CRM, optimising operations to improve overall productivity and efficiency.
* Providing consultation to 1500+ customers across various domains, solving their problems and improving their overall experience.
* Handling P&L INR 4 Crore Monthly and building B2B partnerships currently
* Spearheading corporate relations and community management efforts while also working closely with technical teams to ensure that operational requirements and product changes are communicated effectively.
* Curating high-quality content and outreach to influencers, while also managing and mentoring team members to maximize their potential and foster an environment of growth and success.

LEADERSHIP ROLES AND POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY :

Department of Youth Capital:

* Volunteered at the Department of Youth Capital, in the Division of Student Welfare, where I contributed to office management tasks.
* Successfully handled all Public Relation requirements and ensured the smooth functioning of different teams.
* Effectively managed office management tasks, including data entry, scheduling, and organising events.
* Developed strong organisational skills and attention to detail while single-handedly managing office management responsibilities.
* Collaborated with other volunteers to ensure seamless execution of events and projects.
*Headed and Conducted North India's biggest fest Youthvibe as Head of Relations.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 480 Q43 V15
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3
Send PM
Hi, this is Sagar here. I am writing to request a profile evaluation for my candidacy for admission to one of the top MBA programs in India.
Target schools – ISB

Basic details:
Indian engineer male (Non-tech)
Age – 27

Academic Background:
- Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering from Pune University with a CGPA of 7.5 First-class (Last year)
- 10th and 12th standard: 87% / 62%
- GMAT Score: 750 / 98th Percentile

Why MBA:
I am pursuing an MBA to accelerate the growth of my FMCG manufacturing start-up. With my expertise in supply chain management and logistics strategy, combined with invaluable knowledge gained from top B-School like ISB, I aim to optimize operations, develop effective marketing strategies, and leverage the program's resources and professional network to foster personal growth in leadership and cultural sensitivity.

Short-term Goal:
In the short term, I intend to establish a strong PAN India presence for my FMCG manufacturing startup. By leveraging my knowledge of supply chain management and logistics strategy, I will optimize operations, implement efficient supply chain processes, and penetrate key cities and regions across India. Through strategic partnerships, targeted marketing, and a commitment to quality, I aim to gain market share and solidify my startup's position as a leading player in the Indian market.

Long-term Goal:
Looking ahead, my long-term vision is to expand globally into multinational markets. By utilizing my supply chain management and logistics strategy expertise, combined with knowledge gained from an MBA, I want to navigate the complexities of international markets. Through tailored products and strategies, collaborations with local partners, and seamless logistics operations, I envision my FMCG manufacturing startup becoming a trusted provider in multiple countries, generating sustainable growth and establishing a strong global presence.

Work Experience: (Total 4 years till Aug 2023)
- One year as a Maintenance Engineer promoted to Project Engineer for the next year, managing a team of around 25 members for managing plant maintenance, procurement, In-plant projects, equipment installation and stakeholder management.
- Almost 2 years of experience as the Managing Head at Activ24 Foods and Oils LLP, overseeing all management activities, digital marketing, end-to-end supply chain, logistics and inventory control.
- 6-month full-time internship focusing majorly on manufacturing practices, process improvement and TQM.

Language Proficiency:
- German language proficiency at B1 level.

Extra-curricular, Certifications and Additional Skills:
• Pursued Michigan State University's master-level 6-month certification in Integrated Supply Chain Management, Strategic Sourcing and Logistics Strategy, which helped to scale the business.
• Received the Rising Star Award at Aarti Industries, which acknowledged my exceptional growth and potential during my tenure. It serves as a testament to my dedication and inspires me to continue striving for excellence in my future endeavours.
• Short-term courses in Supply Chain Analytics, Business Development, Digital Marketing, Artificial Intelligence, Product Development, Power BI, Business Analysis, and Data-driven decision making - credible from IIM Bangalore, IIT Roorkee, Coursera, LinkedIn Learning and Career 365.
• Lean six sigma black belt certification from LinkedIn Learning
• Led the designing team in a national-level competition during bachelor's degree such as BAJA SAE® Virtual and BAJA SAE® Collegiate Design Series. It features in regional and national competitions where teams design, build, and race off-road vehicles. It tests the vehicles' performance, endurance, and design capabilities in challenging terrains.
• Had been active member of Society of Automotive Engineers for 3 years to lead various events.
• Implemented a socially impactful sustainable energy project benefiting farmers, which included manufacturing of a solar-powered vehicle for 3 in 1 farming operations like Dusting, Spraying and Grass cutting. Recognized as a top 3 college project, published a research paper, filed a patent application (unsuccessful), and positively influenced the lives of local farming communities by making more vehicles.
• Having competed at the university level in sports such as Cricket and Table Tennis, I have honed my skills and gained invaluable experience. Now, I selflessly impart my knowledge by volunteering as a coach for children, sharing everything I have learned with unwavering dedication.
• Achieved NX-CAD certification from Siemens, a pivotal design software for SAE BAJA Virtual competition.
• Secured victories in Inter-college Robo-racing and Robo-war events at Mumbai University, demonstrating excellence in robotics.
• Actively involved in quadcopter development, gaining expertise in drone-making technology.

Social Contributions:
• Volunteered for Nashik NGO, a remarkable organization dedicated to creating a positive impact on the lives of underprivileged families. Through our collective efforts, we encompassed a wide range of assistance, including essential necessities, fostering educational awareness and empowerment.
• Initiated an education support program “WeLearn” for underprivileged government school children by teaching science and maths subjects and supported them financially.

I would greatly appreciate your expert evaluation of my profile, considering the information provided above. Your insights and guidance will be invaluable as I plan my application to your esteemed MBA program.

I had a few questions in ahead of me –

1) I request for profile evaluation.
2) As I have a low GPA in undergrad and no big brand name in work experience, are the schools selected are appropriate to my profile and eligibility?

Thank you for your time and consideration. Please let me know if there are any additional materials or information, I can provide to support the evaluation process.

Best regards,
Sagar
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  287   288   289   290   291  ...  307