Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 04:40 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 04:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 238 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V45
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 238 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Zeejah wrote:
ISBeacon, would be great to have your views as well, retarded GMAT score aside 😅

I am sorry @Zeejah; I just can't get over your GMAT score and hence, am not able to evaluate the rest of your profile :lol:.

By the way, if it helps, we worked with a candidate few years back, who had a Q44 V44 (total score of 720). She did make it to ISB. So, hope ISB doesn't really mind the asymmetry of scores too much.
--
Ashish.
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Zeejah wrote:
Hi,

Can someone give an idea of how the profile looks for ISB? Thank you so much.

GMAT - 710
WE : 4.5 years
Qualifications - CA (all levels, first attempt)
Class 10 : 10/10 CGPA
Class 12: 95%
Industry - Consulting

Interned with BDO India for 3 years, out of which last 2 years were spent in the insolvency and bankruptcy, debt restructuring division. After qualification, been working in a boutique investment banking firm leading large scale (>INR 4000 Cr) insolvency resolutions and debt restructuring. Since the last year, been managing a team of 5.

Other information - Gardening (produce) and cooking (have a personal cookbook project), I have a personal blog, I have over 10 years of continued fascination with classic Russian Literature, I play the Veena (the string instrument) and trained in classical karnatic music.

Hello Zeejah,

Thanks for writing in.

There is plenty going on about your GMAT score so we will refrain from commenting on it. :-)

The good news is that besides the above, there is a lot working for you - clearing CA in one shot, managerial abilities, client-handling experience, and fairly good extra-curricular engagements. If you can bring all of this together in a set of compelling essays as well as showcase a logical career trajectory from here, we feel you will have a good shot at receiving an interview call. Since you have not added your career goals to this post, we are not positioned to comment on the same at the moment.

The following video will help with the essays:

Should you wish to discuss your prospects in greater detail, please feel free to reach out to us for a profile evaluation session.

All the best!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 616 [1]
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Kudos
Zeejah wrote:
Hi,

GMAT - 710
Industry - Consulting

Interned with BDO India for 3 years, out of which last 2 years were spent in the insolvency and bankruptcy, debt restructuring division. After qualification, been working in a boutique investment banking firm leading large scale (>INR 4000 Cr) insolvency resolutions and debt restructuring. Since the last year, been managing a team of 5.

Other information - Gardening (produce) and cooking (have a personal cookbook project), I have a personal blog, I have over 10 years of continued fascination with classic Russian Literature, I play the Veena (the string instrument) and trained in classical karnatic music.

Zeejah

I have often corrected applicants who sometimes reverse their Q & V scores on GMAT forums, but I see the real deal today :)

Well, first of all, congratulations on the 710. It is by no means common to achieve this score with verbal as a key strength. That aside, you should highlight your accountancy experience and proactively demonstrate your proficiency in working with numbers, in addition to showcasing your leadership narrative and deep industry insights. Investment banking experience is considered top-tier kind of pre-MBA experience at ISB. I don't see why you would not be given strong consideration. Needless to say, how you present your candidacy largely determines how the adcom will perceive you. Utilize anecdotes from your personal and professional life to demonstrate your leadership skills. Showcase how you motivated teams, expedited projects, achieved desired outcomes, resolved conflicts with persuasive abilities, influenced management decisions through keen observations and insights, and generated value for your team and organization as a whole. Highlight your bias for action and conscientious decision-making capabilities.

Your ECs are interesting. For Finance professionals seeking MBA, showcasing a balanced right brain thinking and search for meaning beyond the numbers is also important. Best wishes.

Everything I recommend about ISB applications to my applicants

Get candid advice tailored to your specific situation. We do not cap discussion hours with our applicants. Feel free to connect

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, former INSEAD MBA admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [1]
Given Kudos: 37
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hello Zeejah

Your profile is strong, and you have a good chance of being admitted to the program.

GMAT score of 710 is very strong for a CA. Your work experience in consulting particularly in the insolvency and bankruptcy sector, is relevant to the program and demonstrates your strong analytical and problem-solving skills.

Your other extracurricular activities, such as gardening, cooking, blogging, and playing the veena, show that you are a well-rounded individual with a variety of interest. This will be appealing to the ISB as they look for students who can contribute to the diversity and richness of the student body.

Overall, your profile is strong, and you have a good chance of being admitted to the ISB PGP program if you are able to present the above well through a strong essay.

Wishing you all the best.

Regards
Team ISBMantra
https://www.isbmantra.com | info@isbmantra.com

Zeejah wrote:
Hi,

GMAT - 710
Industry - Consulting

MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hello Zeejah,

I hope you are doing good. You have a strong and competitive profile for the Indian School of Business. Speaking about your academics, a GMAT score of 710 is solid and falls within the competitive range for ISB. Your other academic credentials are also strong, including a perfect 10/10 CGPA in Class 10 and a 95% score in Class 12. Additionally, being a Chartered Accountant (CA) with first-attempt clears is impressive.

You have 4.5 years of work experience in the consulting and investment banking sectors. Your experience in insolvency and bankruptcy, debt restructuring, and your role in leading large-scale resolutions demonstrate leadership and expertise in a specialized area. Your interests in gardening, cooking, writing a personal blog, and your passion for classic Russian Literature add depth to your profile and showcase your well-rounded personality. Your proficiency in playing the Veena and your training in classical Karnatic music can highlight your dedication, discipline, and commitment to excellence.

Ensure that your application essays and interviews convey a clear and compelling narrative about your career goals and how an MBA from ISB will help you achieve them.

Given your impressive profile, you have a strong chance of being admitted to ISB. However, keep in mind that ISB considers various factors beyond just academics and work experience, including your essays, recommendations, and interview performance. Make sure your application materials are well-crafted and that you effectively communicate your unique strengths and experiences. Your diverse set of interests and achievements outside of work can also help you stand out in the application process. Highlight how these interests have shaped your character and contributed to your personal and professional growth.

Overall, your profile seems well-rounded and competitive for ISB. Good luck with your application!

We offer a limited number of complimentary profile evaluations each week . We match you with the students and alums of top B-Schools according to your background and target schools. In this call, the experts will try to dig out your USP for top B-schools and provide you with honest feedback on your profile and chances to your target schools.

Feel free to schedule a free profile evaluation call with us to discuss your profile better and give a fair evaluation of your chances of admission to top Business schools.

Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
Meet our Panel of Consultants.
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com
MBA and Beyond

Zeejah wrote:
Hi,

GMAT - 710
Industry - Consulting

Manager
Manager
Send PM
MiMEssay wrote:
Zeejah wrote:
Hi,

GMAT - 710
Industry - Consulting

👋 Hey Zeejah,

Here is what I would suggest:

Your profile presents a well-rounded professional with a deep-rooted experience in the InsurTech domain. The trajectory of your career is solid, given your consistent promotions and relocation to the US.

🌟 Strengths:

➡️ Strong Academic Credentials: Clearing all CA levels in the first attempt showcases your determination and intellectual mettle.
➡️ Professional Growth: Your role evolution from an intern at BDO India to managing a team of five at a boutique investment banking firm is commendable. Leading significant insolvency resolutions (>INR 4000 Cr) further accentuates your stature in the consulting realm.
➡️ Diverse Interests: Your passion for classic Russian literature, training in classical Karnatic music, and proficiency in the Veena distinguishes you from the typical applicant pool. The gardening and cookbook project hint at your exploratory nature and creative inclinations.

🛠 Areas to Enhance:

➡️ GMAT Score: While 710 is a highly impressive score, it is just 25% of your application as the rest depends on your work experience, exposure, achievements, and extracurriculars etc. considering the competitive applicant pool.
➡️ Leadership Stories: Focus on extracting compelling narratives from your experience, especially around your team leadership, high-stakes projects, and challenges faced.

📝 Application Strategy:

➡️ Narrative Building: Emphasize how the ISB MBA aligns with your aspirations. Drawing parallels between your insolvency experience and the need for a broader business purview will be vital.
➡️ Extracurriculars: Highlight your involvement in cultural pursuits and how they've shaped your worldview. ISB values diversity, and this aspect will help you stand out.
➡️ Recommendations: Ensure your referees can vouch for your technical skills and leadership capabilities, providing instances that reiterate your strengths.

In conclusion, your unique blend of finance acumen and artistic inclinations, combined with your leadership experience, positions you well for ISB. However, crafting a compelling narrative that intertwines your past achievements with future ambitions is key.

If you need more help, we'd be happy to set up a FREE call and give more pointers on how to improve your profile and the right schools you should target.

👉 Click Here to Set-Up a FREE Call 👈

Thanks for taking the time out! Appreciate it.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ExpertsGlobal wrote:
Zeejah wrote:
Hi,

GMAT - 710
Industry - Consulting

Hello Zeejah,

Thanks for writing in.

There is plenty going on about your GMAT score so we will refrain from commenting on it. :-)

The good news is that besides the above, there is a lot working for you - clearing CA in one shot, managerial abilities, client-handling experience, and fairly good extra-curricular engagements. If you can bring all of this together in a set of compelling essays as well as showcase a logical career trajectory from here, we feel you will have a good shot at receiving an interview call. Since you have not added your career goals to this post, we are not positioned to comment on the same at the moment.

The following video will help with the essays:

Should you wish to discuss your prospects in greater detail, please feel free to reach out to us for a profile evaluation session.

All the best!

Hi,

Haha, thank you. I'll bear this in mind.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MBAGuide wrote:
Zeejah wrote:
Hi,

GMAT - 710
Industry - Consulting

Zeejah

I have often corrected applicants who sometimes reverse their Q & V scores on GMAT forums, but I see the real deal today :)

Well, first of all, congratulations on the 710. It is by no means common to achieve this score with verbal as a key strength. That aside, you should highlight your accountancy experience and proactively demonstrate your proficiency in working with numbers, in addition to showcasing your leadership narrative and deep industry insights. Investment banking experience is considered top-tier kind of pre-MBA experience at ISB. I don't see why you would not be given strong consideration. Needless to say, how you present your candidacy largely determines how the adcom will perceive you. Utilize anecdotes from your personal and professional life to demonstrate your leadership skills. Showcase how you motivated teams, expedited projects, achieved desired outcomes, resolved conflicts with persuasive abilities, influenced management decisions through keen observations and insights, and generated value for your team and organization as a whole. Highlight your bias for action and conscientious decision-making capabilities.

Your ECs are interesting. For Finance professionals seeking MBA, showcasing a balanced right brain thinking and search for meaning beyond the numbers is also important. Best wishes.

Everything I recommend about ISB applications to my applicants

Get candid advice tailored to your specific situation. We do not cap discussion hours with our applicants. Feel free to connect

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, former INSEAD MBA admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com

Hi Aanchal,

Yeah, I saw my score at the test center and just grabbed the printout and ran before the computer changed its mind. Your response was quite helpful and gave me a lot to think about. Thank you. I am checking your website out.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ISBmantra wrote:
Hello Zeejah

Your profile is strong, and you have a good chance of being admitted to the program.

GMAT score of 710 is very strong for a CA. Your work experience in consulting particularly in the insolvency and bankruptcy sector, is relevant to the program and demonstrates your strong analytical and problem-solving skills.

Your other extracurricular activities, such as gardening, cooking, blogging, and playing the veena, show that you are a well-rounded individual with a variety of interest. This will be appealing to the ISB as they look for students who can contribute to the diversity and richness of the student body.

Overall, your profile is strong, and you have a good chance of being admitted to the ISB PGP program if you are able to present the above well through a strong essay.

Wishing you all the best.

Regards
Team ISBMantra
https://www.isbmantra.com | info@isbmantra.com

Zeejah wrote:
Hi,

GMAT - 710
Industry - Consulting

Hi, That was quite crisp and is reassuring. Thank you very much! Appreciate it!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MBAandBeyond wrote:
Hello Zeejah,

I hope you are doing good. You have a strong and competitive profile for the Indian School of Business. Speaking about your academics, a GMAT score of 710 is solid and falls within the competitive range for ISB. Your other academic credentials are also strong, including a perfect 10/10 CGPA in Class 10 and a 95% score in Class 12. Additionally, being a Chartered Accountant (CA) with first-attempt clears is impressive.

You have 4.5 years of work experience in the consulting and investment banking sectors. Your experience in insolvency and bankruptcy, debt restructuring, and your role in leading large-scale resolutions demonstrate leadership and expertise in a specialized area. Your interests in gardening, cooking, writing a personal blog, and your passion for classic Russian Literature add depth to your profile and showcase your well-rounded personality. Your proficiency in playing the Veena and your training in classical Karnatic music can highlight your dedication, discipline, and commitment to excellence.

Ensure that your application essays and interviews convey a clear and compelling narrative about your career goals and how an MBA from ISB will help you achieve them.

Given your impressive profile, you have a strong chance of being admitted to ISB. However, keep in mind that ISB considers various factors beyond just academics and work experience, including your essays, recommendations, and interview performance. Make sure your application materials are well-crafted and that you effectively communicate your unique strengths and experiences. Your diverse set of interests and achievements outside of work can also help you stand out in the application process. Highlight how these interests have shaped your character and contributed to your personal and professional growth.

Overall, your profile seems well-rounded and competitive for ISB. Good luck with your application!

We offer a limited number of complimentary profile evaluations each week . We match you with the students and alums of top B-Schools according to your background and target schools. In this call, the experts will try to dig out your USP for top B-schools and provide you with honest feedback on your profile and chances to your target schools.

Feel free to schedule a free profile evaluation call with us to discuss your profile better and give a fair evaluation of your chances of admission to top Business schools.

Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
MBA and Beyond

[/quote]

Hi, thank you so much! That is helpful
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
Profile Evaluation request

Qualifications: BTech in Information Technology
College - NIT Raipur
Bachelor's CGPA - 8.69 CGPA
12th (CBSE Board) - 91.4
10th (CBSE Board) - 9.8 CGPA
Work Experience: 3 Years Full-Time Experience
Role: Software Engineer
Company: Major Healthcare/Hospital Tech/Products company (Product Examples - CT, MRI Machines)
Industry: Healthcare Technology
Test Scores with a breakup: GMAT 690 (Q49 V35)
Interested in Full-time MBA
Post-MBA goals: Management Consulting, Strategy, Policy

Professional Experience:
Software Engineer - Hoping for a Senior Software Engineer Promotion cum March
As I have developed seniority within my org, I have mentored and led teams, taken part in key decisions of our work and delivered with great focus.

College Experience -
Training and Placement Convener
2 years during College
- Scheduled, organised and Managed placements sessions during college
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply
wreckanda wrote:

College - NIT Raipur
12th (CBSE Board) - 91.4
Company: Major Healthcare/Hospital Tech/Products company (Product Examples - CT, MRI Machines)

Professional Experience:
As I have developed seniority within my org, I have mentored and led teams, taken part in key decisions of our work and delivered with great focus.

College Experience -
2 years during College

👋 Hey wreckanda,

Here is a detailed profile evaluation for you!

Strengths:

➡️ Reputable Education: Being from NIT Raipur, known for its engineering prowess, gives you an edge.
➡️ Domain-Specific Work Experience: Experience in healthcare tech is a niche which could be leveraged.
➡️ Leadership in College: Your role as the Training and Placement Convener showcases organizational and leadership skills.

Improvement Areas & Suggestions:

➡️ GMAT Score: 700+ would be beneficial, especially for consulting roles. Consider GMAT-specific training for the verbal section.
➡️ Expand on Professional Achievements: Detail any specific projects or initiatives you spearheaded at work. Example: “Led a team to develop a healthcare solution that improved patient experience by 30%.”
➡️ Post-College Extracurriculars: Engage in community service or join professional groups related to your field. For instance, volunteering for health-tech conferences or seminars can show continued involvement beyond work.

School Suggestions:

➡️ Dream: HEC Paris, INSEAD, LBS.
➡️ Competitive: NUS, Duke Fuqua, Rotman, McCombs
➡️ Safe: ESADE, Manchester, Edinburgh, UIUC

Besides school-specific essays, tailor your recommendations. Choose recommenders who can vouch for your skills, leadership, and post-MBA goals. It's not just about showcasing how you fit the school, but also how the school aligns with your aspirations.

If you need more help, we'd be happy to set up a FREE call and give more pointers on how to improve your profile and the right schools you should target.

👉 Click Here to Set-Up a FREE Call👈
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Dear wreckanda,

Below is my evaluation of your profile.

GMAT: Par for ISB, Below Par for US Top 20, Par for some EU programs.

Academics: Good; Tier 2 School in India and High GPA

Work Experience: Average; at first glance, you seem to come from the dreaded and overrepresented pool of Indian Male IT Applicants. Needless to say, the competition is tough for you. You will need to focus on the impact you were able to create Healthcare industry via the software you developed. I also get an impression based on the content you posted that what you built was not a standalone software BUT it had IOT play (Software powering Medical Equipment). If my understanding is correct, you can use this as a differentiator in your application. Do note that a lot of people from ZS, Stryker, Axtria, Wipro (Healthcare div.) etc. apply to MBA programs and hence you will need to stand out from them with your unique stories.

As far as team management, again this is something every SD engineer goes through as they gain more experience and new developers are hired. So just stating this won’t bring across any new dimension of your profile. Instead, focus on any challenges you faced while working in a team setup and how you were able to address it via a mix of empathy, effective communication, logic etc.

Extra-Curricular: Below Average; don’t see anything substantial here. You will need to do some more retrospection and come up with something else besides TNP Coordinator. In case you extrapolate and state how your experience with TNP helped you shortlist best candidates for a role and hence you were able to actively support the Recruitment team of your firm scout, shortlist, select and retain talent (in an industry where there is lot of attrition) – then there will be merit.

Post MBA Goals: Transition to management consulting is OK to state BUT you will need to articulate what transferrable skillsets you have gained so far that will help you succeed as a consultant. Do note that MBBs of the world look at your GMAT score as well before shortlisting and hence this can become a bottleneck for you. You can also contemplate other goals such as Product Management, IT Consulting etc.

Choice of Schools with probability of admission:
• ISB : Medium
• NUS: Low
• NTU : Medium
• HEC: Medium
• Darden: Medium
• Duke: Low
• UCLA: Low
• Tepper: Medium
• Georgetown: High
• Emory: High
• UNC Kenan Flagler: Medium
• Vanderbilt: High
• INSEAD : Low
• LBS: Low
• SAID: Medium
• Judge: Medium

I am an ISB alum,CO15, and have been guiding applicants successfully crack global MBA programs for the last 6+ years. Please feel free to reach (details in signature) if you seek professional guidance.

Cheers and Best of Luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Hey everyone, I've applied to ISB YLP this year and have been preparing for the interview as well. Is there anyone/ any institute that I can reach out to for a free profile evaluation and/or take a mock interview for me?

Do let me know over PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Dear bready_iam,

We will be happy to do a pro-bono profile evaluation for you. Please share your application PDF with us at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com / +91-9701215544.

We also help with Mock Interviews but that's a paid service - INR 6,000 for 01 Mock with detailed feedback on which aspects you need to work on and where you are doing well. The costs help us cover our operational expenses and also compensate the alums for the time they will spend in taking the mock(s).

Cheers and wish you all the best !
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello wreckanda,

I hope you are doing well. Your profile looks good on the surface. Starting with your academics, your BTech from NIT Raipur with an impressive CGPA of 8.69 reflects your strong academic foundation, which is often highly valued by MBA programs. While your GMAT score of 690 (Q49 V35) is decent and meets the minimum requirement for ISB, it's advisable to consider retaking the GMAT to aim for a higher score, especially if you want to increase your competitiveness for scholarships.

Your work experience in a major healthcare/hospital tech/products company, especially with products like CT and MRI machines, adds a unique dimension to your profile. This industry experience can be valuable when applying to programs with healthcare-related concentrations or consulting opportunities in the healthcare sector. Your progression from a Software Engineer to Senior Software Engineer, coupled with your experience in mentoring and leading teams, is a strong indicator of leadership potential. Highlighting your contributions to key decisions within your organization will be important in your application.

Your post-MBA goals in Management Consulting, Strategy, and Policy align well with your background and experience. Make sure to articulate these goals clearly in your application essays and interviews. Tailor your application materials (resume, essays, interviews) to ISB's specific strengths and culture. Show how your experiences, especially in the healthcare technology sector, will contribute to the program and align with your career goals.

Choose recommenders who can speak to your leadership skills, teamwork, and potential for success in a consulting and strategy role. Provide them with specific examples and talking points to highlight in their letters.

In summary, your profile has several strengths, but a higher GMAT score and a well-crafted application that effectively communicates your goals and alignment with ISB can further enhance your chances of admission. Make sure to invest time and effort into preparing your application to showcase your unique qualities and contributions.

Best of luck with your application to top MBA programs!

Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
MBA and Beyond

wreckanda wrote:

College - NIT Raipur
12th (CBSE Board) - 91.4

Professional Experience:

College Experience -
2 years during College
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi am looking to apply to ISB in Round 2 and would really appreciate some inputs on my profile

Background and nationality: Indian, age 29
Undergrad: Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Telecomm Engineering from a top public university in India (Nationally, ranked 10th in engineering)
GPA (3.33/4)
GRE (323 160 Q, 163 V) I underperformed on the day and am planning a retake.
Looking to join an MBA program in August 2024
Already applied to: Emory Goizueta, Georgetown McDonough, Cambridge Judge
Other Shortlisted Schools: Oxford Said, Cornell Johnson, Dartmouth Tuck, NYU Stern, UNC Kenan Flagler

Work Experience and Leadership (~6.5 yrs at time of joining program):

3 years at a major digital marketing agency where I was part of a founding team that helped set up a service delivery centre in India for the agency. Led a significant amount of knowledge transfer from international teams to set up the practice. Led discovery sessions and requirements gathering for every new client the Indian business unit onboarded for the marketing platforms practice for the first six months. Onboarded roughly 15 accounts in total over this period and trained 70+ new joiners. Worked directly with business unit head in talent acquisition- screening, managing job posts, ATS, and vendors (job portals, hiring agencies). Headcount grew from 4 to 200 in 6 months, interviewed hundreds of candidates and filled 80+ open positions. Led several client accounts with demonstrated impact on business KPIs like engagement, conversions and CAC

Close to 3 years at Goldman Sachs working in the Asset Management marketing team. Led go-to-market activities on digital channels for 7 ETFs, managed performance marketing campaigns targeted at fund distributors, institutional investors and family offices that led to gross sales of over $476 mn, led post-merger integration workstreams for platform integrations, rebranding, website reskinning, rebranding of over 370 funds. I also lead the SEO function within Asset Management Marketing.

Lead the mentorship program for the entire Asset Management marketing team under direct supervision of the Asset Management CMO.

Led 3 person team to regional finals of Analyst Impact Fund, where teams identify nonprofits that are tackling global challenges and pitch innovative solutions to the firm’s leadership.

After junior year in college interned at an Indian NGO called Goonj where I did fieldwork in rural India, directly mobilizing 150 individuals for rural development projects such as canal digging, shed construction, cultivating a school kitchen garden. Built a lead list for fundraising. Organized collection camps that raised over 1 metric tonne of material and $24,000 in monetary contributions. Worked directly with organization leadership to launch a range of upcylced products to monetize surplus material by producing and marketing a range of upcycled sustainable lifestyle products (bags, accessories). Set up kiosks at collection drives, earned $1200 gross sales in pilot.

Post MBA goals: Long term is to set up a PE firm focused on deploying growth equity in India. Short term is to transition from Asset Management marketing to a more core finance role in IB, preferably in FSG an group.

Anything else?
Organizer of film festival at university
Co-founded graphic design and creative club in high school

Many thanks for your consideration
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  301   302   303   304   305   306   307