GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Oct 2018, 08:40

Fuqua EA Calls in Progress:

Join us in the chat | track the decision tracker | See forum posts/summary

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ISB vs Goizueta ($72k)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Emory vs ISB

• 57% [15]
  • 42% [11]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.3
Reviews Badge
ISB vs Goizueta ($72k)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2018, 03:15
Hi everyone,

I have been fortunate enough to have been accepted to ISB, Goizueta ($72k) and Georgetown ($20k). I am currently evaluating ISB and Goizueta.

Being a CFA and FRM charterholder, I have a finance heavy background. Post MBA, I'd be looking for roles in Corporate Finance/IB or consulting on the finance side.

ISB is as safe as it gets currently. I would want to have a global exposure and a better MBA experience overall, which probably puts Goizueta above ISB. However, the situation for internationals isnt pretty at the moment and hence there is a trade-off. Would appreciate views here.
Director
Director
G
Re: ISB vs Goizueta ($72k)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2018, 05:42
ssmba2020 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have been fortunate enough to have been accepted to ISB, Goizueta ($72k) and Georgetown ($20k). I am currently evaluating ISB and Goizueta.

Being a CFA and FRM charterholder, I have a finance heavy background. Post MBA, I'd be looking for roles in Corporate Finance/IB or consulting on the finance side.

ISB is as safe as it gets currently. I would want to have a global exposure and a better MBA experience overall, which probably puts Goizueta above ISB. However, the situation for internationals isnt pretty at the moment and hence there is a trade-off. Would appreciate views here.

ISB seems to be the best bet. The situation for internationals is very uncertain and ISB will give you the roles you want whether IB/Consulting.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2018, 04:26
ISB without a second thought.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
WE: Business Development (Retail)

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2018, 01:42
ssmba2020 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I agree that ISB would be a safe choice, but unfortunately finance is not ISB's strongpoint. You'll have to resort to a lot of networking on your own to find opportunities within Corporate Finance or IB. However, opportunities in consulting should be abundant. This is just my two cents regarding ISB, you'll probably get more insight if you get hold of some ISB alumni in the roles you're looking at.

Goizueta is an excellent school for Consulting, especially in Southern USA, as the alumni network there is pretty extensive and there is lesser competition around from other schools (in ATL & Charlotte). From the research I did while applying, I found that Goizueta was conducive to careers in consulting and general management (CPGs). I'm not entirely sure about their track record in IB or Corporate Finance but their students do end up in the North-East, and I'm assuming those are mostly finance or banking placements. Again, you'll have to network with Goizueta alumni (preferably non-Americans) in the finance and banking sectors to suss out the nuances.

If I was in your place, I'd go with Goizueta, especially because of the quality of the student body you'll get to engage with and the decent scholarship you've been offered.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2018, 13:37
The couple of ISB alums I've talked to have told me that ISB is not a Finance school at all. IB is non-existent at ISB, don't know about CF, but I doubt the numbers would be good. But since you already have a strong finance background, you could network your way into these roles (not with ISB alums but generally through your personal networks). For Consulting on the other hand, ISB is one of the best in the country. Goizueta is both a Consulting and a Finance school (IB and CF both), but you seem to be aware about the risks for internationals. Please do update back here once you make the decision. Good Luck!
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2018, 03:57
Will be heading to Emory in all probability. In case anyone has another opinion (specially those who have voted), please feel free to share.
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2018, 12:38
Hey everyone. So I have an update and need some help again. UNC took me off the waitlist and is offering about 60% in scholarship. Does it makes sense to reconsider my decision? I am already in Atlanta btw. Would be of great help if someone could throw a perspective w.r.t Emory vs UNC.
SVP
SVP
D
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2018, 20:33
ssmba2020 wrote:
Hey everyone. So I have an update and need some help again. UNC took me off the waitlist and is offering about 60% in scholarship. Does it makes sense to reconsider my decision? I am already in Atlanta btw. Would be of great help if someone could throw a perspective w.r.t Emory vs UNC.

What is the difference in total cost between both Emory and KF? I have the feeling that UNC might be slightly higher.
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2018, 20:40
Mo2men wrote:
ssmba2020 wrote:

What is the difference in total cost between both Emory and KF? I have the feeling that UNC might be slightly higher.
Emory is 52k and UNC is 48k. This is tuition.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
SVP
SVP
D
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2018, 20:45
ssmba2020 wrote:

Emory is 52k and UNC is 48k. This is tuition.

[/quote]

This is pretty equal to me. If you compare between being a city like Atlanta, I would consider this an asset that will almost cancel the many flights you take for networking. Most importantly, I trust Emory career office more than UNC.

My vote is to Emory
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2018, 22:34
The schools are pretty comparable UNC and Emory. I would stay put and not move last minute since Amorese orientation starts in a week for domestic students and in 2!!! days for international students.

Good luck and enjoy Emory!

Posted from my mobile device

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Quant OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

GMAT Club Bot
Re: ISB vs Goizueta ($72k) &nbs [#permalink] 21 Jul 2018, 22:34

ISB vs Goizueta ($72k)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Wilch, swbluedevil

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap