It is currently 22 Nov 2017, 18:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ISB vs IIMs

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [1], given: 19

GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
ISB vs IIMs [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Aug 2016, 00:56
This post received
KUDOS
Hi,

I am Pradhyoth and I am looking to apply for MBA programs in IIM (ABCL - one year ones) and ISB. Can anyone of the previous applicants throw some light on which was their final choice of B-school and why? I am getting a bit confused as to which one should be my final go. I am looking forward to getting into consultancy and am currently having almost 6 years of banking experience especially into risk management.

Thanks,

Pradhyoth

Kudos [?]: 6 [1], given: 19

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Re: ISB vs IIMs [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Aug 2016, 02:59
I came across this article a while ago. I hope it helps.
http://www.oneyearmba.co.in/one-year-mb ... t-for-you/

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 19

Show Tags

New post 23 Aug 2016, 03:12
Thanks aditya95. I have gone through this article and it was helpful. However, I want an applicant perspective or may be some alumni's viewpoint.

Thanks again. I guess even you are in the process of applying to b-schools. All the best.

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 69

Schools: IE (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Aug 2016, 03:55
gmatprep16 wrote:
Thanks aditya95. I have gone through this article and it was helpful. However, I want an applicant perspective or may be some alumni's viewpoint.

Thanks again. I guess even you are in the process of applying to b-schools. All the best.

Generally, if you have 6 years work ex, IIMA is a better choice.

I would recommend, to visit LinkedIn. and contact alumni's of the schools. this should help you understand the minor motives and reasons.

- Saurabh Prabhakar
MBA@ IE business school. GMAT 690/Q49/V35
Providing guidance for MBA aspirants here: https://www.fiverr.com/sauprabhakar/help-you-navigate-the-mba-application-journey

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Aug 2016, 07:00
Thanks prabhakar09. I will do that. Hope i get some useful insights from that. Also looking forward to some more discussion on this here.

Manager
Manager
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Aug 2016, 07:03
gmatprep16 wrote:
Thanks prabhakar09. I will do that. Hope i get some useful insights from that. Also looking forward to some more discussion on this here.

you are welcome. :)

- Saurabh Prabhakar
Providing guidance for MBA aspirants here: https://www.fiverr.com/sauprabhakar/help-you-navigate-the-mba-application-journey

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 32

Show Tags

New post 24 Aug 2016, 00:20
One specific complaint I heard about IIM 1 year MBA is that the epgp or pgpx program is confused for a part time certification from IIMs. Is that true?

Secondly, IIM Lucknow doesn't publish their placement data IMPX and wishy washy about it. That makes really sceptical. Any information on how good is this program?

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 32

Manager
Manager
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Aug 2016, 00:37
Nina1987 wrote:
One specific complaint I heard about IIM 1 year MBA is that the epgp or pgpx program is confused for a part time certification from IIMs. Is that true?

Secondly, IIM Lucknow doesn't publish their placement data IMPX and wishy washy about it. That makes really sceptical. Any information on how good is this program?

I don't think any recruiter would get confused over this. (your aunt next door might). So don't worry about it.

IIM A is quite good when it comes to global ranking and placements. I have no information about IIM L

- Saurabh Prabhakar

Intern
Intern
B

ISB vs IIMs [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Aug 2016, 01:56
prabhakar09 wrote:
Nina1987 wrote:

I don't think any recruiter would get confused over this. (your aunt next door might). So don't worry about it.

IIM A is quite good when it comes to global ranking and placements. I have no information about IIM L

IIM A and B one year courses are well ranked globally (see FT Global MBA rankings). Hence there is no doubt of any confusion or apprehension for any recruiter. Yes like you mentioned IIM L does not publish their placement data. May be like prabhakar09 mentioned we can do some research about it on Linkedin getting in touch with some of the alumni. But as far as I know, it has decent enough placements after IIM ABC and better placed than IIM K & I of the lot.

Manager
Manager
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Aug 2016, 03:35
gmatprep16 wrote:
prabhakar09 wrote:
Nina1987 wrote:

IIM A and B one year courses are well ranked globally (see FT Global MBA rankings). Hence there is no doubt of any confusion or apprehension for any recruiter. Yes like you mentioned IIM L does not publish their placement data. May be like prabhakar09 mentioned we can do some research about it on Linkedin getting in touch with some of the alumni. But as far as I know, it has decent enough placements after IIM ABC and better placed than IIM K & I of the lot.

guys: that research that you would do will not only help you decide the list of colleges that you should target. That conversation with the alumni and present students will help in making application and interviews. take it like, the first assignment on networking.

- Saurabh Prabhakar

Re: ISB vs IIMs   [#permalink] 24 Aug 2016, 03:35

ISB vs IIMs

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: mihir0710, warriorguy

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap