It is currently 14 Dec 2017, 05:29

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Wharton R1 | Stanford R1 | Tuck R1 | Ross R1 | Haas R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2018(March 2017 intake): Calling all Applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [2], given: 0

Schools: Ivey '18 (I)
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2018(March 2017 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2016, 05:49
This post received
KUDOS
I'm guessing they give interview invites a week or so after you submit. I just submitted mine this week so I'm hoping to hear back soon.

oasuria, good luck with your interview!

Kudos [?]: 3 [2], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2018(March 2017 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2016, 22:19
I think it's just a preliminary call to discuss my background and goals, and not a proper interview.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

Schools: Ivey '18 (II)

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2016, 22:38
oasuria wrote:
I think it's just a preliminary call to discuss my background and goals, and not a proper interview.

Hmm, kind of reverse engineering the process. but good luck for the call. Make a good impression. from what ive been told, it goes a long way.

anybody who submitted on 26th deadline and has received an invitation to interview?

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [1], given: 3

Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge
Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2018(March 2017 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2016, 05:39
This post received
KUDOS
ankushahuja wrote:
oasuria wrote:

Hmm, kind of reverse engineering the process. but good luck for the call. Make a good impression. from what ive been told, it goes a long way.

anybody who submitted on 26th deadline and has received an invitation to interview?

Hi,

I submitted yesterday morning (but I had notified my admission manager that I will need 2 days more) and got an email same day afternoon for an interview invitation.

oasuria did you have contact already with any admission manager ? did you attend any events ? In other words, do they know you already ? If not, that may explain the initial phone call so they want to know you first.

Good luck to all those who applied for your interviews !!!

Kudos [?]: 6 [1], given: 3

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2016, 20:44
Oh great! That was quick. All the best, let us know how it went.

Posted from my mobile device

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2016, 02:04
gnrocks, you are right. I didn't get any chance to speak with my admission manager (in my case its Jenni). At the start of my application, I sent her my resume to determine of I am good fit for the program, and that was the extent of our correspondence.

I am hoping to use this phone call as an opportunity promote myself and also ask some of the questions related to the program and the school.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2016, 12:06
Hey gnrocks, I'll be interviewing next Wednesday, good luck with yours!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2016, 08:48
Applied on the 26th . still haven't heard back. Should I start getting worried

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V39
GPA: 3.9
Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2018(March 2017 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2016, 00:57
ankushahuja wrote:
Applied on the 26th . still haven't heard back. Should I start getting worried

No, at all. I applied mid September and just got the interview invitation email.

Last edited by dreamgrad on 06 Oct 2016, 01:20, edited 1 time in total.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2016, 01:00
yeah thanks man! i got my invite today morning as well.

Intern
Intern

GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V39
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2016, 01:04
So excited for Ivey but feeling extremely nervous about my interview next week.

Anyone would like to share their interview experience?
Length? Type of questions (examples if possible)? How many interviewers were there? Overall experience?
Thanks in advance!!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2016, 05:39
ankushahuja wrote:
yeah thanks man! i got my invite today morning as well.

Congrats ! let us know how it went :)

Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2016, 05:41
dreamgrad wrote:
So excited for Ivey but feeling extremely nervous about my interview next week.

Anyone would like to share their interview experience?
Length? Type of questions (examples if possible)? How many interviewers were there? Overall experience?
Thanks in advance!!

Yeah it's very stressing I have mine tomorrow at 9AM and Im not a morning person lol.

I think however that serious preparation is the key, it will give you more confidence, specially for someone like me (maybe you) for whom english is not the first language !

Will keep you guys updated tomorrow :)

Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2016, 06:18
I had my interview this morning and I think it went very well. It was with a career management member. As others said before it is not to trick you but to test your interest.

We went over the regular questions : why MBA now ? Why Ivey ? How can you contribute ? Talk to me about yourself and your resume ? What do you do in your current role ? How did you move the ladders in your job ? Why your teammates would recommend you ? etc

So as long as you're prepared for these questions and can come up with examples it should be fine, it's really not to trick you.

Beside there were a lot of personal questions like why did I study for the CFA, etc.

Good luck for all of those who will be interviewing soon, I hope it goes well !

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2016, 10:24
I hope everyone's interviews went well and you receive the good news soon.

I had my interview on Wednesday and I just got a call this morning with an offer and 25k scholarship.

Still not sure if I'm going to take the offer, but if I do, I look forward to meeting the rest of you in March.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 62

Schools: Ivey '18 (A)

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2016, 05:33
Hi Guys! I just got accepted into Ivey!

I would love to meet me fellow future classmates. Has anyone finalised their financing process, accommodation, etc? lets make this thread lively..

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 62

Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2016, 04:14
oludayo wrote:

I would love to meet me fellow future classmates. Has anyone finalised their financing process, accommodation, etc? lets make this thread lively..

Congrats !!! I hope to say the same thing very soon hehe ! How long did it take for you to get a response since you had the interview ?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2016, 21:50
gnrocks wrote:
oludayo wrote:

Congrats !!! I hope to say the same thing very soon hehe ! How long did it take for you to get a response since you had the interview ?

anybody who got interviewd and then rejected? just curios to know if the interview is more of a formality or a genuine screening process.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2016, 08:25
I think statistically acceptance rate after interview is 30% so there are people who still get rejected after the interview. The interview likely just tests your behavioral interview abilities. If you can't interview well in the eyes of their career admissions staff, then they probably don't think you have the interview abilities to land your ideal job after graduation either.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2016, 11:51
Hi Guys,

I submitted my application on the September 26th deadline and already did my interview on Oct 19th.
Should I start to worry that I haven't been contacted with a decision until now ?

How has it been with the applicants who have interviewed around the same time ? What is usually the time after you do the interview to get a decision call ?

Thanks

Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2018(March 2017 intake): Calling all Applicants   [#permalink] 31 Oct 2016, 11:51

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9    Next  [ 161 posts ] 

Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2018(March 2017 intake): Calling all Applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap