Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 22:21 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 22:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools: Ivey '18 (II)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.08
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2018(March 2017 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]
priyal1991 wrote:
Admitted with a 30,000 scholarship :). Just got a call from Jenni.
710 GMAT, approx 3.1 GPA National Institute of Technology Surathkal.
4.5 years work exp in Technology Risk Management at a Big 4 in the Middle East

Congrats. Are you accepting the offer?

Posted from my mobile device
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2018(March 2017 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]
congrats priyal ! you will have a difficult choice to make :P
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
I submitted my application on Nov 14 and didn't hear from the adcom. Is there anyone sailing in the same boat as I am?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V41
GRE 1: Q800 V670
WE:Research (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hi all,

I had applied on Nov 14th, the last day and got an invite the same week. I had an interview with ivey earlier today and wondering how long it takes for them to review and reply.

I have about 10yrs of work ex including 7 yrs as an equity analyst at a global investment bank, 2 yr of of software and 1 year entrepreneurship.

Have a B tech from one of the old IITs (GPA 7.44/10) and a CFA Charterholder. GMAT 760 (Q51,V41).

Any thoughts on my chances?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi,

I got the call from Julia too. Offer with 30k scholarship and 20k LIBRO loan (which is not a scholarship).

Still thinking....

Just curious, 30k seems to be the highest scholarship they offer?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V39
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Rejected after a phone interview that lasted for a little over 1.3 hour. Unfortunately, the internet connection at Ivey didn't serve us well, so we had to switch from face-to-face Skype interview to a phone call instead. It seems that the admission committee member wanted to find any reason to reject my application despite my outstanding profile. After only few seconds, she started to put me down with very rude questions. Her overall communication was rather dull.

I have known people with LOWER qualifications and even below average profiles been admitted, simply because they're "white". One of them was sitting beside me during our GMAT prep course for over a month and she got a conditional admission with no particular required GMAT score. That is, if she got 750+ she's in, if she got 500 she's also in.

Luckily, my qualifications and competencies were recognized by other and more reputable schools , and this is because they value diversity and more importantly they treat each and every applicant with no bias.

*BTW, I was applying for the MSc not the MBA.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Ivey '18 (A)
Send PM
Does anyone have experience of sending the initial deposit of CAD $5000 from Pakistan? What are the available options and how does the Western Union thing work since Pakistan doesn't popup in the country list? Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi All

Congratulations to all the admits!!

I know I am super late with my application but Ivey really interests me!!

It would be really helpful if someone can just give me a figure of how many admits till now for March 2017!!

Also I would want to know whether its too late to reply given that I am Indian?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Anyone In for Round 5?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Send PM
dreamgrad wrote:
Rejected after a phone interview that lasted for a little over 1.3 hour. Unfortunately, the internet connection at Ivey didn't serve us well, so we had to switch from face-to-face Skype interview to a phone call instead. It seems that the admission committee member wanted to find any reason to reject my application despite my outstanding profile. After only few seconds, she started to put me down with very rude questions. Her overall communication was rather dull.

I have known people with LOWER qualifications and even below average profiles been admitted, simply because they're "white". One of them was sitting beside me during our GMAT prep course for over a month and she got a conditional admission with no particular required GMAT score. That is, if she got 750+ she's in, if she got 500 she's also in.

Luckily, my qualifications and competencies were recognized by other and more reputable schools , and this is because they value diversity and more importantly they treat each and every applicant with no bias.

*BTW, I was applying for the MSc not the MBA.

Dreamgrad,

Sorry to hear you were rejected. However, your experience is inconsistent with literally every other person I've spoken to about the application process, and I find your assertions difficult to believe given the body of testimony from everyone else. Your post seems motivated to paint Ivey in the worst light possible. If I were you I would bring up your concerns with the admissions team, or lodge a formal complaint, rather than trying to smear the school online.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Ivey '18 (I)
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Last deadline to apply to Ivey is approaching fast. Who else along with Sagarkalra92 applying in the last application round?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.9
WE:Design (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hye all,
Wish you and dear ones a very happy new year!! I shall be joining Ivey this march. Is there a https://gmatclub.com/chat group running? Kindly add my number 091 888 902 1122.
Once again, a big congrats to all here who will be moving to b-schools across the globe!

thanks!
- Rahul
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 660 Q46 V34
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
ron92 wrote:
Anyone In for Round 5?

Anyone hear back from admissions in Round 5 yet? I interviewed the week of December 19-23 and the suspense of waiting is killing me lol Good luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nyj45 wrote:
ron92 wrote:
Anyone In for Round 5?

Anyone hear back from admissions in Round 5 yet? I interviewed the week of December 19-23 and the suspense of waiting is killing me lol Good luck everyone!

I submitted my application today only.

I do not know how many have applied but the number will surely be low especially for international applicants. :roll: :roll:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 292 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: Schulich '16
Send PM
i will be applying for next march intake.

is 660 a good score to apply.?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Send PM
hsbinfy wrote:
i will be applying for next march intake.

is 660 a good score to apply.?

Hi hsbinfy,
Short Answer = Yes it is.

Long Answer = "It Depends" on other attributes of your profile. As you may already know B-Schools take a holistic approach while selecting their candidates. Your GMAT score, work ex, essays, video essays, interview, community involvement, resume, domestic/international applicant, etc. You should review your profile and if you have an X-factor that helps your candidacy then you may leave your GMAT score as is. However, since you're looking to apply for 2018 intake as a general recommendation you should improve your score and make it above 700.
Good Luck.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts