GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Jul 2018, 01:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2018(March 2017 intake): Calling all Applicants

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 25 Feb 2013
Posts: 7
GMAT Date: 12-22-2014
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2018(March 2017 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2016, 11:54
jeetparicha85 wrote:
SpareTime wrote:
AllforMBA wrote:
Hi jeetparicha85 and SpareTime - now that you're admitted, do you guys know what is the deposit amount required to confirm your place in the class. Is there only one deposit amount of 5000 CD required or are multiple deposits required as one approaches spring 2017?


Hi AllforMBA. I tried finding the tuition schedule, but I can't find it. It's probably in my email but I'm too lazy right now. I'm 95% sure that it's just the $5000 deposit, then your tuition is due in 2 or 3 installments.

Congrats jeetparicha85 on getting in. You should join the Facebook group! I'm the only student in there currently, so I feel like I'm in a Truman show type situation.



Hey Buddy. Thanks for wishing me. Somehow the offer letter from IVEY went to my spam and I cleared my spam folder without checking it. Sensed something unusual yesterday (no offer letter for almost 20days since I received Julia's call), I sent an email to Julia, and Mandy Gray called me to inform that the offer letter email is resent. I accepted it just today. Should be added to the FB group soon.



Hi Jeet,
Congratulations on your admit to Richard Ivey. I am also in the process of applying to Ivey school of Business and shall be submitting my application by 10th April. Would you mind sharing your profile.
Regards
Navdeep
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Jan 2016
Posts: 40
Location: India
Concentration: General Management
Schools: NTU '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2018(March 2017 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2016, 22:50
Hello Everybody,

I submitted my application on the 31st of March and I got a reply asking me to have a pre-assessment interview of sorts so that the admissions team understands my background and interests. Does everyone go through such an interview? And those who have had it, I'd really appreciate it if you'll can share your experience :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Jan 2016
Posts: 5
Location: India
Schools: Ivey '18 (I)
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.5
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2018(March 2017 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2016, 02:22
Hi mbaexpress,
I think they were talking about the below link.
http://www.ivey.uwo.ca/mba/resume-assessment/
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Jan 2016
Posts: 40
Location: India
Concentration: General Management
Schools: NTU '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2018(March 2017 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2016, 02:35
michael139 wrote:
Hi mbaexpress,
I think they were talking about the below link.
http://www.ivey.uwo.ca/mba/resume-assessment/



Hey michael139 :)

I got an initial assessment done which was followed by a reply from the recruiting coordinator encouraging me to apply for the program. 2 days after submitting my application I got a mail that asked me to book a Skype call since they did not get to interact with me before the application submission. It's not a final interview from what I understand..I honestly don't know what its called which is why I'm calling it a pre-assessment interview :p

I'm guessing they will ask general questions but you can never be too ready, which is why I'm reaching out to folks in this forum :)

Thank you for the prompt response :thumbup:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Jan 2016
Posts: 5
Location: India
Schools: Ivey '18 (I)
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.5
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2018(March 2017 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2016, 03:01
I haven't completed my application yet. So, I am yet to find out. :)
Any way, all the best !!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Jan 2016
Posts: 40
Location: India
Concentration: General Management
Schools: NTU '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2018(March 2017 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2016, 05:34
michael139 wrote:
I haven't completed my application yet. So, I am yet to find out. :)
Any way, all the best !!


Lol..all they very best buddy :thumbup:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Dec 2015
Posts: 17
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2018(March 2017 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2016, 18:08
mbaexpress wrote:
michael139 wrote:
Hi mbaexpress,
I think they were talking about the below link.
http://www.ivey.uwo.ca/mba/resume-assessment/



Hey michael139 :)

I got an initial assessment done which was followed by a reply from the recruiting coordinator encouraging me to apply for the program. 2 days after submitting my application I got a mail that asked me to book a Skype call since they did not get to interact with me before the application submission. It's not a final interview from what I understand..I honestly don't know what its called which is why I'm calling it a pre-assessment interview :p

I'm guessing they will ask general questions but you can never be too ready, which is why I'm reaching out to folks in this forum :)

Thank you for the prompt response :thumbup:


Sorry I could have responded to this earlier - you've probably already done this so this information will be old...

Anyhow, when I first started researching I filled out their little questionnaire thing and eventually had a call with a recruiting manager. In my case it was Julia - it was a very informal conversation and I certainly didn't feel like there was any expectation whatsoever that I prepare for that conversation. For me it was essentially an introduction to a person who is going to be your go-to for the rest of the application process. Julia is pretty much the coolest - interviewers from other schools even asked if I was working with Julia when I told them that Ivey was one of the other schools I was considering, so clearly she's got a well deserved reputation.

One of the things that set Ivey apart for me throughout the application process was the investment the school made in my application, even prior to any GMAT results or anything concrete. My call with Julia was the beginning of that investment, and I imagine this Skype call they're wanting to book with you is something similar. Good luck with your application - I hope to consider you a future classmate soon :)
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Jan 2016
Posts: 40
Location: India
Concentration: General Management
Schools: NTU '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2018(March 2017 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2016, 20:48
SpareTime wrote:

Sorry I could have responded to this earlier - you've probably already done this so this information will be old...

Anyhow, when I first started researching I filled out their little questionnaire thing and eventually had a call with a recruiting manager. In my case it was Julia - it was a very informal conversation and I certainly didn't feel like there was any expectation whatsoever that I prepare for that conversation. For me it was essentially an introduction to a person who is going to be your go-to for the rest of the application process. Julia is pretty much the coolest - interviewers from other schools even asked if I was working with Julia when I told them that Ivey was one of the other schools I was considering, so clearly she's got a well deserved reputation.

One of the things that set Ivey apart for me throughout the application process was the investment the school made in my application, even prior to any GMAT results or anything concrete. My call with Julia was the beginning of that investment, and I imagine this Skype call they're wanting to book with you is something similar. Good luck with your application - I hope to consider you a future classmate soon :)


Hey SpareTime, my skype call with Jenni is scheduled for the 18th so this is quite helpful. Thank you for sharing your experience, appreciate :)

It certainly is an opportunity to leave a good first impression! Do correct me if I'm wrong but I presume they ask general questions such as why MBA, why now, why Ivey, career progression, etc??

Also, could you share your application timeline?

Thank you for your wishes :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Dec 2015
Posts: 17
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2018(March 2017 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2016, 10:59
mbaexpress wrote:
SpareTime wrote:

Sorry I could have responded to this earlier - you've probably already done this so this information will be old...

Anyhow, when I first started researching I filled out their little questionnaire thing and eventually had a call with a recruiting manager. In my case it was Julia - it was a very informal conversation and I certainly didn't feel like there was any expectation whatsoever that I prepare for that conversation. For me it was essentially an introduction to a person who is going to be your go-to for the rest of the application process. Julia is pretty much the coolest - interviewers from other schools even asked if I was working with Julia when I told them that Ivey was one of the other schools I was considering, so clearly she's got a well deserved reputation.

One of the things that set Ivey apart for me throughout the application process was the investment the school made in my application, even prior to any GMAT results or anything concrete. My call with Julia was the beginning of that investment, and I imagine this Skype call they're wanting to book with you is something similar. Good luck with your application - I hope to consider you a future classmate soon :)


Hey SpareTime, my skype call with Jenni is scheduled for the 18th so this is quite helpful. Thank you for sharing your experience, appreciate :)

It certainly is an opportunity to leave a good first impression! Do correct me if I'm wrong but I presume they ask general questions such as why MBA, why now, why Ivey, career progression, etc??

Also, could you share your application timeline?

Thank you for your wishes :)


The questions she asked were, indeed, fairly general ones that helped me assess the appropriateness of an MBA for my career goals.

I can't remember entirely my timeline, but I'll do my best. I started early since I wanted to apply at the same time that I applied for the September start schools. I began my research and discussions with admissions in November or December, then applied at the beginning of January, then had an interview invite about a week or two later, then the interview itself a week or two after that, then I was offered a spot on Feb. 5th, then I accepted on Feb. 29th if I recall correctly (I was given an extension because I was still waiting on decisions from other schools where my interview took place a few weeks later).
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Apr 2016
Posts: 8
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2018(March 2017 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2016, 13:56
Hello gentlemen,
I joined this forum to read some news about Ivey's selection process for applicants worldwide. I submitted my application on March 31; waiting for an invitation to interview.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 12 Apr 2016
Posts: 5
Schools: Ivey '18 (A)
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2018(March 2017 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2016, 02:09
SpareTime wrote:
mbaexpress wrote:
SpareTime wrote:

Sorry I could have responded to this earlier - you've probably already done this so this information will be old...

Anyhow, when I first started researching I filled out their little questionnaire thing and eventually had a call with a recruiting manager. In my case it was Julia - it was a very informal conversation and I certainly didn't feel like there was any expectation whatsoever that I prepare for that conversation. For me it was essentially an introduction to a person who is going to be your go-to for the rest of the application process. Julia is pretty much the coolest - interviewers from other schools even asked if I was working with Julia when I told them that Ivey was one of the other schools I was considering, so clearly she's got a well deserved reputation.

One of the things that set Ivey apart for me throughout the application process was the investment the school made in my application, even prior to any GMAT results or anything concrete. My call with Julia was the beginning of that investment, and I imagine this Skype call they're wanting to book with you is something similar. Good luck with your application - I hope to consider you a future classmate soon :)


Hey SpareTime, my skype call with Jenni is scheduled for the 18th so this is quite helpful. Thank you for sharing your experience, appreciate :)

It certainly is an opportunity to leave a good first impression! Do correct me if I'm wrong but I presume they ask general questions such as why MBA, why now, why Ivey, career progression, etc??

Also, could you share your application timeline?

Thank you for your wishes :)


The questions she asked were, indeed, fairly general ones that helped me assess the appropriateness of an MBA for my career goals.

I can't remember entirely my timeline, but I'll do my best. I started early since I wanted to apply at the same time that I applied for the September start schools. I began my research and discussions with admissions in November or December, then applied at the beginning of January, then had an interview invite about a week or two later, then the interview itself a week or two after that, then I was offered a spot on Feb. 5th, then I accepted on Feb. 29th if I recall correctly (I was given an extension because I was still waiting on decisions from other schools where my interview took place a few weeks later).



Hi Sparetime, I am currently preparing my documents for applying in the first round, but have no clue about the video essays. Could you share with me the topics you encountered? Thanks!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Dec 2015
Posts: 17
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2018(March 2017 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2016, 08:01
1
toddit wrote:


Hi Sparetime, I am currently preparing my documents for applying in the first round, but have no clue about the video essays. Could you share with me the topics you encountered? Thanks!


Hi Toddit.

I did 4 different schools' video essays all within one or two days, so honestly I can't remember what any of the Ivey questions were. I do remember, however, that they weren't as intense or as tailored to my profile as the actual interview was, of course. I remember coming out of it thinking that the main purpose was just for them to get an opportunity to see you verbally communicate, as well as to know a little bit more about who you are as a person. You can also do a bunch of practice questions before the real thing, so that will give you a good idea of what types of things they'll ask. I do recall that they were questions that it wouldn't really be easy to prepare for, and I imagine they intended for them to be that way.

Also, don't be nervous - it goes by quickly and I don't think it's a make or break component. I was very upset with all the video essays I did - I often timed my answers poorly and would get cut off, or I would go rambling about something not that relevant, or my mind would go blank...and I still had success with my applications, so it's clearly not as important as the actual interview. The program they use to record the essays seems to be quite robust, as well, so don't worry about technical issues. I think the best thing is just to relax and be natural. If there's one piece of advice I could give it would be that you shouldn't want to long to get to the point of your answer. If you're like me and talk a lot (as you can see), then the biggest issue is waiting too long to get to the point and then finding that you only have 10 seconds left to say what you actually wanted to say.

Good luck!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Jan 2016
Posts: 40
Location: India
Concentration: General Management
Schools: NTU '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2018(March 2017 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2016, 23:50
Invited for an interview on May 4th :)
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Jan 2016
Posts: 40
Location: India
Concentration: General Management
Schools: NTU '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2018(March 2017 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2016, 08:13
Hey guys, does anybody know what the academic calendar at Ivey look like?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Dec 2013
Posts: 23
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28
GMAT 2: 650 Q48 V31
GMAT 3: 620 Q44 V31
GMAT 4: 600 Q48 V25
WE: Other (Transportation)
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2018(March 2017 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2016, 05:52
Hey friends,
Congratulations to all those who got accepted at Ivey !

I have a query regarding their minimum undergrad GPA requirement mentioned at their website : http://www.ivey.uwo.ca/mba/admissions-f ... dmissions/

I could not find the Indian equivalent of "B average" which they have mentioned there. I request Indian candidates who have got accepted to the program to shed light on this.

Thanks !
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Jan 2014
Posts: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Schools: Desautels '18
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2018(March 2017 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2016, 10:20
Hi...I am also a prospective applicant.
I don't have an english language test score. Will that matter? is it a mandatory requirement for foreign students.
Can anyone advise.
Current Student
User avatar
B
Status: I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul!!
Joined: 27 Feb 2013
Posts: 62
Location: Singapore
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2018(March 2017 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2016, 02:58
mbaexpress wrote:
Invited for an interview on May 4th :)


Congrats mbaexpress. And all the best. Please keep us posted.
Current Student
User avatar
B
Status: I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul!!
Joined: 27 Feb 2013
Posts: 62
Location: Singapore
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2018(March 2017 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2016, 03:00
bharatgakhar wrote:
Hi...I am also a prospective applicant.
I don't have an english language test score. Will that matter? is it a mandatory requirement for foreign students.
Can anyone advise.



Hi bharatgakhar. Congrats for deciding on applying to Ivey.

As mentioned on the school website, you will have to mention why you think you could be exempted from taking the language test (there are a few options available on the application, so you will come across that section should you decide to apply). You do not have to have a language score when you are applying to Ivey. The adcom will assess your candidacy and suggest you whether or you need to take the language test.
Current Student
User avatar
B
Status: I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul!!
Joined: 27 Feb 2013
Posts: 62
Location: Singapore
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2018(March 2017 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2016, 03:04
dtyro22 wrote:
Hey friends,
Congratulations to all those who got accepted at Ivey !

I have a query regarding their minimum undergrad GPA requirement mentioned at their website : http://www.ivey.uwo.ca/mba/admissions-f ... dmissions/

I could not find the Indian equivalent of "B average" which they have mentioned there. I request Indian candidates who have got accepted to the program to shed light on this.

Thanks !


Hi dtyro22. I am an Indian candidate with an admit from Ivey. I did not have to worry about the minimum undergrad GPA. I had a pre-application assessment call with Julia and if I remember correctly she mentioned not to worry about that. I would suggest you get in touch with either Julia or Jenni and get this clarified. Both of them are super fast in responding to queries, and you should have an answer to this in a couple of days.

Please let the forum know what reply did you get. This will help future applicants as well.
Current Student
User avatar
B
Status: I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul!!
Joined: 27 Feb 2013
Posts: 62
Location: Singapore
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2018(March 2017 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2016, 03:21
squall wrote:
Hello gentlemen,
I joined this forum to read some news about Ivey's selection process for applicants worldwide. I submitted my application on March 31; waiting for an invitation to interview.


squall Congrats buddy for having submitted your application. All the best with the rest of the process. Please keep us posted, and feel free to ask any questions.
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2018(March 2017 intake): Calling all Applicants   [#permalink] 20 Apr 2016, 03:21

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9    Next  [ 161 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2018(March 2017 intake): Calling all Applicants

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.