Last visit was: 30 Apr 2024, 04:11 It is currently 30 Apr 2024, 04:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.2
WE:Corporate Finance (Retail)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.2
WE:Corporate Finance (Retail)
Send PM
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2017 Calling all applicants [#permalink]
kocha2009 wrote:
bagcanbabayigit wrote:
First of all, I want to say to those who got their acceptance for such amazing MBA program. I hope ,soon, I will join you guys!

I am planning to submit my application in one week. Before submit, I would like to ask a question about "list type essays" to the accepted ones. How did you approach to these questions? Although I made a deep investigation in internet, I could not find any satisfying information on this. Should I write it in classical form or in essay type? Which one will be correct?

Thank you for your kind help and answers..

I did the following way: chose two strong positions and gave a meaningful description below each activity in the format of a micro essay.
If writing a "list essay" I had nothing worthy of description I wrote so and gave the reason, e.g. what I had been doing instead.

And remember, there is no right or wrong solution. Your essays should show who YOU are, and not who are those who give you advices.
The worst thing you can do (by following numerous hints) is to write an average essay. I'm sure you are unique, so write as YOU feel.
Show them your uniqueness - do it your way.

Uniqueness.. This is somehow both reward and punishment :-D I tried to show my best in my essays but somehow i am still afraid to be "standart".. I am not sure whether I should show some uniqueness in essays or keep one in a standart, well-defined and clear format and put some creativity in the rest... To be honest, applying to a top MBA program have become the most challenging but constructive period in my life...

Please cross your fingers for me!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [3]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Stern '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
WE:Analyst (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
Congrats to everyone who got accepted first round. I'm sure you will have a blast at business school, I know that I am. For those who are applying in later rounds, you may be interested in the Cornell acceptance rate analysis that I just finished. Surprisingly GPA had no impact on your chance of getting into Johnson.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
Send PM
Just got a scholarship mail! :-D
keep an eye on your mails, i think they are rolling them out. all the best
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
Send PM
scholarship decisions rolling out!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V38
Send PM
Guys,

Two questions:

1. How strongly does the GMAT correlate with the acceptance for Indian, Males? I know every school says that the application is a holistic process but what would be the median score for the particular demographic (according to R1) ?

2. The Cornell website says there are 2 essays. However, on the application, I can see 5 in total. Are the other 3 weighed equally as the Table of Content and Job functions questions or these 3 are just a part of application process and not essay questions.

Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, any non-US students trying to fill up the enrollment form? How do you guys fill in the "Social Securities Number"? It is marked with asterisk so is compulsory...but you won't have one until getting your visa..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I wrote NA..for the time being..and plan to bring to Johnsons notice once they are back from vacation. Its a Johnson's internal thing so should not matter I guess.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.29
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
bschool2k15 wrote:
Guys,

Two questions:

1. How strongly does the GMAT correlate with the acceptance for Indian, Males? I know every school says that the application is a holistic process but what would be the median score for the particular demographic (according to R1) ?

2. The Cornell website says there are 2 essays. However, on the application, I can see 5 in total. Are the other 3 weighed equally as the Table of Content and Job functions questions or these 3 are just a part of application process and not essay questions.

Thanks in advance!

Ideally you would not want to focus less on the other three essays even if they aren't mentioned as typical essays.. Believe me Adcom closely look into all these things and later you wouldn't want to regret that you focused on some essays more than the others :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
Concentration: Finance, Technology
Schools: ISB '18 (A)
GPA: 2.7
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
Guys ! I need some immediate help. I plan to submit my application today or by tomorrow, but now I realize johnson was not in the list of 5 schools to which my GMAT score was reported by default( I gave my gmat on 13th august 2014) ,a big goof up ! :cry: . I don't know how much time it'll take ,if now I request my scores to be submitted to johnson. The deadline for R2 is january 7th. If I apply to report my scores today , is it possible that they would reach Johnson by the deadline?

Please help . Thanks !
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 263 [1]
Given Kudos: 158
Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.48
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
mshrek wrote:
Guys ! I need some immediate help. I plan to submit my application today or by tomorrow, but now I realize johnson was not in the list of 5 schools to which my GMAT score was reported by default( I gave my gmat on 13th august 2014) ,a big goof up ! :cry: . I don't know how much time it'll take ,if now I request my scores to be submitted to johnson. The deadline for R2 is january 7th. If I apply to report my scores today , is it possible that they would reach Johnson by the deadline?

Please help . Thanks !

I had a similar problem with several of my other schools. I ended up sending them official scores a few weeks after the deadline because they weren't on my original list. It's really not the end of the world if the arrive after the application deadline, only that they arrive before it comes time for decision making.

It also doesn't hurt to give them a heads up to let them know its coming. Some schools won't start to evaluate your application until all materials (including score report) is received.

:gl and best of luck to you in R2!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 345 [0]
Given Kudos: 125
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V44
GMAT 2: 770 Q49 V46
GPA: 3
Send PM
mshrek wrote:

Please help . Thanks !

You should be okay. Send the scores today using mba.com. Usually it takes 1 to 2 days for me.
mba.com is very quick
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 263 [0]
Send PM
Happy New Year everyone! Good Luck to all you R2 applicants!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V38
Send PM
bschool2k15 wrote:
Guys,

Two questions:

Thanks in advance!

Hi Guys,

just a friendly reminder: Can anyone address the first question? Thanks!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 263 [0]
Send PM
bschool2k15 wrote:
bschool2k15 wrote:
Guys,

Two questions:

Thanks in advance!

Hi Guys,

just a friendly reminder: Can anyone address the first question? Thanks!

See or ask ConsultingOrBust He posted an acceptance analysis on this page: https://gmatclub.com/forum/johnson-cornell-class-of-2017-calling-all-applicants-172804-560.html#p1461028
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V36
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Hi - is there a way to review the app as a pdf/print before clicking submit? Johnson application form doesnt seem to have this option.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.81
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
In for R2
Retired Moderator