Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:45 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
 Q46  V34
WE 1: 4 yr IT
Send PM
Re: Jones (Rice) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
hi ppl, i too have applied to rice in round 1. but still no news yet. are interview invites over? can texigan or someone else confirm ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
WE:Investment Banking (Computer Software)
Send PM
Its a common q for all schools. Common answer is the invites go till 2-4 days before decision day.
Manager
Manager
 Q46  V34
Send PM
a glimmer of hope then!!!
i was beginning to think i have been dinged
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
mindstatements wrote:
Hey guys hope everything is going well! I just wanted to ask if UTDB or Texigan want to give us an update on their first year and how it has been?

First year has been great but extremely busy. I expected school to be intense, but the pace at which we're covering material is extremely fast. To give some context, one of my teammates with an undergrad business degree said that our first three lectures in accounting (which occurred during pre-term before actual class started) was equivalent to what he covered in his entire undergrad. Plus there's recruiting, club events and activities, and for those interested in the Wright Fund, an extensive application process. But in the end, it is all worth it!

Best of luck to each of you as you await interview invites, interviews, and those much anticipated admit phone calls!

UTDB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools: Jones '15
GMAT Date: 10-29-2012
Send PM
Hey guys, I have been interviewed and am awaiting the final decision. To everyone who's been interviewed, please keep the updates coming on the forum if your status changes or if you get the much awaited phone call!
To all those who haven't been interviewed yet, best of luck!
Manager
Manager
 Q46  V34
Send PM
hi ppl,
i think i have been dinged. i believe my essays are the weak link.
can the guys who got the interview call help me rate my essays?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
WE:Investment Banking (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hey buddy. Its too early to lose hope. However if you are concerned .. Send me a pm .. I will try giving you feedback to improve your stuff.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
Thanks UTDB! As always incredibly helpful!

How was the interview? Any sort of a debrief from anyone who has been interviewed? Any curveballs?

Lets keep this thread going for a really great school!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 82
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GRE 1: Q740 V640
GPA: 3.7
WE:Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
The interview was straight forward and pleasant. If you know who you are, where you are going, and why Rice will get you there you will be okay. By the way, did anyone else get a hand written "thank-you" card mailed to them from your interviewer? I thought that was really classy... Go JSB!

@ vinzycoolfire

Don't fret it's not over 'til it's over, but if you're concerned with your essays, I can give you some feedback on the goals essay. Feel free to send me it in a PM.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
Send PM
lahai1dj wrote:
The interview was straight forward and pleasant. If you know who you are, where you are going, and why Rice will get you there you will be okay. By the way, did anyone else get a hand written "thank-you" card mailed to them from your interviewer? I thought that was really classy... Go JSB!

@ vinzycoolfire

Don't fret it's not over 'til it's over, but if you're concerned with your essays, I can give you some feedback on the goals essay. Feel free to send me it in a PM.

Now I am fretting reading your post about the "thank-you" card, as I didn't received any :shock: . Can any international applicant confirm if they received the same?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Jones '15
GMAT Date: 10-29-2012
Send PM
coldcoffee wrote:
lahai1dj wrote:

@ vinzycoolfire

Now I am fretting reading your post about the "thank-you" card, as I didn't received any :shock: . Can any international applicant confirm if they received the same?

I confirm I didn't receive any card either! I'm an international applicant too and I guess that is the main reason for not getting it :?
Also, did you get any email at all from the interviewer post the interview? Coz the interviewer told me he would send me his contact details for any questions I might have but he didn't.. Im worried it might mean the interview didn't impress him much :?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
WE:Supply Chain Management (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
lahai1dj wrote:
The interview was straight forward and pleasant. If you know who you are, where you are going, and why Rice will get you there you will be okay.

I completely agree with that statement. I didn't have any curveball questions, and felt like it really was a good conversation where my interviewer was trying to get to know me. I did get a hand written thank you note, but before I opened it I was pretty nervous because small envelopes never look good during application times...!

Best of luck to those still waiting to hear!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 90
Send PM
Completed my interview last week, sorry for the delay.

A special thanx to UTDB and texigan for all the help.

Interview was conversational. The guy who conducted my interview was really cool, and shared some of my extra-curricular interests. One advice to people preparing for the interview: Keep 2 - 3 examples of leadership & team work experiences handy.

I was told I'd hear about my decision on Dec. 6th. Eagerly waiting.

Good luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
Hey everybody,

just a quick question. I'm thinking about applying for next year's class (January Deadline).
There is just one problem....

How long is the whole Full Time MBA Program?
I checked their web-page, asked for the brochure, etc.... but couldn't find anything about the duration and the tuitions. Is it $50k total or per year. That would make a huge difference in case its considered a two year program ;)

Maybe somebody can help me out.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
It's a 2 yr program. & $50 is per year fee. You should also check other annual fee and expenes.

Rice will consider you for scholarship as well. If your profile and essays are strong then I think you have a good chance of getting good scholarship.
You can reach out to ad com for futher details.

Felix85 wrote:
Hey everybody,

just a quick question. I'm thinking about applying for next year's class (January Deadline).

I checked their web-page, asked for the brochure, etc.... but couldn't find anything about the duration and the tuitions. Is it $50k total or per year. That would make a huge difference in case its considered a two year program ;)

Intern
Intern
Send PM
mbanerd16 wrote:
It's a 2 yr program. & $50 is per year fee. You should also check other annual fee and expenes.

Rice will consider you for scholarship as well. If your profile and essays are strong then I think you have a good chance of getting good scholarship.
You can reach out to ad com for futher details.

Felix85 wrote:
Hey everybody,

Dear Rice Jones, I can... you know know who I am... Your move....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
My app is still under review for R1. Ad com director told me that they have received lot of applications hence they will send invites in Dec 1st week as well. 6-Dec is decision due date and that leaves only 4 business days.

Is there anyone else who is waiting for interview invite for R1?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  18   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts