GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Oct 2018, 16:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Just another one of Profile evaluation request

new topic post reply Update application status  
Director
Director
P
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V33
GMAT 3: 730 Q51 V38
GPA: 4
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Just another one of Profile evaluation request  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2018, 19:17
Hi Team,

Can you please evaluate my profile and let me know my likelihood of getting into one of the B-Schools listed below.

I am a Technology consultant from PwC. I currently hold 3 years 8 months of experience, which will become 4+ before entering b-School. There is a employment gap, where i studied for my previous GMAT, scoring 700, and Applied for various B-Schools. Rejecting two b-schools joined PwC as a Technology consultant (Retail). My Goal is to become a Management Consultant and am open to any culture or demography.
My past Scores:
540(Q46 V19 IR4) - Cancelled August 2016
690(Q50 V33 IR4 AWA3.5) - Accepted April 2017
680(Q49 V32 IR5) - Cancelled April 2017
700(Q50 V33 IR7 AWA6) - Accepted July 2017
730(Q51 V38 IR7 AWA?) - Accepted July 2018
My Alma-mater:
National Institute of Technology, Warangal (Top 10 in India at the time of joining) - CGPA: 6.59, UG in Mechanical Engineering.
Vijaya Ratna Jr. College : 91.8%
Kendriya Vidyalaya No1 : 80.6%

I don't know whether taking tests repeatedly affect my profile. Though i took it as a challenge to score more than 720, persisting and not giving up.
My work experience include:
2 years 8 months as a Software developer- Worked in different Technologies - .Net , Java; My role included developing mobile Marketing e-commerce WAP portals for various Mobile operators including, Idea, Airtel, Viva, Vodafone.
1 year as a Technology Consultant - Working at Client location. Client is India's largest Retail Garment Giant. Working as a support and Techno-functional role at client cite in Retail. As a Technology consultant had to learn a complete new technology Dynamics AX Retail and shifted gears from website building to Managing Retail POS.

Schools am aiming for:
ISB -
Kellogs -
Rotman -
WP Carey -
Erasmus -
Schulich -

please i do require a honest grading from ambitious to inside my strike zone. I know that Kellogs is a bit far fetched. Can you please suggest some schools that are under my wing so that it can lay in line with my future goals and aid me in becoming a better Management Consultant(Strategy).
Please note that: My nationality is Indian: I know this is the biggest drawback. Can't change it right :lol:
Waiting with fingers crossed.
Thank you,
Best Regards
A normal MBA Aspirant(Age: 25).
Vantage Point MBA Co-Founder
S
Schools: CBS '13 (A)
Re: Just another one of Profile evaluation request  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2018, 10:14
Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out! We sold out early for round 1 this year and have been busy getting our clients through the deadlines. But I'm happy to be catching up today on some of the great questions in our forum. Congrats on the great improvement to your GMAT score! That's certainly going to help you in this competitive application process. We advise primarily on the top programs in the US and Europe so I'm afraid that most of the schools on your list fall outside of our wheelhouse. However, I agree that Kellogg is probably a reach, more so given your background and undergrad GPA. In terms of other programs to consider, I would suggest narrowing down your list based on where you want to work, what industry / functional focus you would have in your studies, where your dream companies recruit, and anything else that will impact how your maximize your MBA experience. Management consulting is very broad so you'll probably want to narrow your focus to find programs that are the right fit.

Best of luck to you!

Kindly,
Melody

Vantage Point MBA Admissions Consulting
https://vantagepointmba.com/
Your Personal MBA Application Experts
Contact us for a Free Consultation!

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Just another one of Profile evaluation request &nbs [#permalink] 27 Sep 2018, 10:14

Just another one of Profile evaluation request

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap