GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Oct 2019, 17:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Mar 2013
Posts: 61
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2013, 23:04
AdiRedDevil wrote:
xiangxder wrote:
Hi all!!
Wonder if interview to kfbs is only conducted by AO. Or I can choose to interview with alumni??
Thanks!!


KFBS gives you an option to interview with alumni too. The list and location of alumni at different locations is listed in their application site.

Hope this helps.



Thanks, AdiRedDevil, Good luck!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Aug 2013
Posts: 492
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2013, 01:37
xiangxder wrote:
AdiRedDevil wrote:
xiangxder wrote:
Hi all!!
Wonder if interview to kfbs is only conducted by AO. Or I can choose to interview with alumni??
Thanks!!


KFBS gives you an option to interview with alumni too. The list and location of alumni at different locations is listed in their application site.

Hope this helps.



Thanks, AdiRedDevil, Good luck!!


Thanks mate! And all the best to you!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Jun 2012
Posts: 22
Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2013, 05:46
Hi, my question may sound silly..but, I need help from you guys..My interview is scheduled on 14th Nov, 7:45 PM EST..so what would be the time in IST?

I hope it should be 15th Nov, 6:15 AM IST. Am I correct?

I checked the timezone converter, but I am little confused. Because using this time conversion, I attended UNC's webinar last week and when I joined I got to know that it was already completed.

Please help me guys! Especially, Indian candidates who had completed the interview via skype/phone recently.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Jan 2013
Posts: 16
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.25
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2013, 05:50
Aspirant18 wrote:
Hi, my question may sound silly..but, I need help from you guys..My interview is scheduled on 14th Nov, 7:45 PM EST..so what would be the time in IST?

I hope it should be 15th Nov, 6:15 AM IST. Am I correct?

I checked the timezone converter, but I am little confused. Because using this time conversion, I attended UNC's webinar last week and when I joined I got to know that it was already completed.

Please help me guys! Especially, Indian candidates who had completed the interview via skype/phone recently.

Thanks!


Yes... its 6.15 AM IST. Add 10.5 hrs to EST. You can always check online by typing in "what is the time now in North Carolina?" I used it :)
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 03 Oct 2013
Posts: 212
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 3.6
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2013, 05:51
Yes it would be 15 Nov 6:15 AM IST. But be online by 5:30 AM to be safe. :-D
EST is 10.5 hrs behind IST.
You might have missed the session due to daylight saving time difference. Just a thought.

You can use timeanddate.com to check time differences.

Aspirant18 wrote:
Hi, my question may sound silly..but, I need help from you guys..My interview is scheduled on 14th Nov, 7:45 PM EST..so what would be the time in IST?

I hope it should be 15th Nov, 6:15 AM IST. Am I correct?

I checked the timezone converter, but I am little confused. Because using this time conversion, I attended UNC's webinar last week and when I joined I got to know that it was already completed.

Please help me guys! Especially, Indian candidates who had completed the interview via skype/phone recently.

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Status: Hell of a job to do now !
Joined: 31 Dec 2012
Posts: 68
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.2
WE: Web Development (Computer Software)
Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2013, 06:20
mbanerd16 wrote:
Yes it would be 15 Nov 6:15 AM IST. But be online by 5:30 AM to be safe. :-D
EST is 10.5 hrs behind IST.
You might have missed the session due to daylight saving time difference. Just a thought.

You can use timeanddate.com to check time differences.

Aspirant18 wrote:
Hi, my question may sound silly..but, I need help from you guys..My interview is scheduled on 14th Nov, 7:45 PM EST..so what would be the time in IST?

I hope it should be 15th Nov, 6:15 AM IST. Am I correct?

I checked the timezone converter, but I am little confused. Because using this time conversion, I attended UNC's webinar last week and when I joined I got to know that it was already completed.

Please help me guys! Especially, Indian candidates who had completed the interview via skype/phone recently.

Thanks!


I checked on Outlook, by adding a second Timezone (EST) and it says that 14th Nov, 7:45 PM EST converts to 14th Nov, 6:15 AM IST. Am I missing something. The previous comments has got me confused and worried !! Mine is on 13th Nov 10 AM EST and that should convert to 13th Nov 8.30 PM IST. Is that correct?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Sigh.
Joined: 19 Mar 2013
Posts: 245
Location: India
Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2013, 06:24
Oi! Common sense!

USA is to the WEST of the 0 degree longitude (GMT) while India is to the EAST.
Indian date+time should ALWAYS be ahead of US date+time - no exceptions.

For e.g. 6:30pm on 12th Nov in India is 8am on 12th Nov for NYC.

Maybe stress is affecting you :) Relax, guys. The interview will go well :)

And @ the person who missed a call, it definitely must be due to daylight savings - which started at the end of October if I'm not mistaken. (over the weekend to be precise)

All the best!
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2012
Posts: 1105
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2013, 06:29
2
This should clear all confusions... I think daylight savings ended on November 4th.. So the time difference from before Nov 4th and now would be different

And for those who are not aware of Daylight Savings : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time
Attachments

Time.jpg
Time.jpg [ 84.63 KiB | Viewed 2203 times ]


_________________
Did you find this post helpful?... Please let me know through the Kudos button.

Thanks To The Almighty - My GMAT Debrief

GMAT Reading Comprehension: 7 Most Common Passage Types
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Jun 2012
Posts: 22
Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2013, 06:59
Thanks a lot ravitoons, mbanerd16, kaustubhkul, MacFauz !

Your help is really appreciated :)
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 03 Oct 2013
Posts: 212
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 3.6
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2013, 07:05
Looks like there is lot of confusion going on related to Timezone. Let me clarify -

Daylight Saving Time has been turned off on 1st Sunday on Nov'13. Clocks went back by an hour.

EST is 10.5 hrs behind IST. i.e. 15-Nov 8 AM IST will be 14-Nov 9:30 PM EST. 15-Nov 8PM IST will be 15-Nov 6:30 AM EST.

CST is 11.5 hrs behind IST. MST is 12.5 hrs behind IST. PST is 13.5 hrs behind IST.

Use timeanddate.com.

PM me if you still have confusion.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Aug 2013
Posts: 492
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2013, 07:06
Aspirant18 wrote:
Thanks a lot ravitoons, mbanerd16, kaustubhkul, MacFauz !

Your help is really appreciated :)


All the best for your interview!
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Status: Hell of a job to do now !
Joined: 31 Dec 2012
Posts: 68
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.2
WE: Web Development (Computer Software)
Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2013, 07:09
mbanerd16 wrote:
Looks like there is lot of confusion going on related to Timezone. Let me clarify -

Daylight Saving Time has been turned off on 1st Sunday on Nov'13. Clocks went back by an hour.

EST is 10.5 hrs behind IST. i.e. 15-Nov 8 AM IST will be 14-Nov 9:30 PM EST. 15-Nov 8PM IST will be 15-Nov 6:30 AM EST.

CST is 11.5 hrs behind IST. MST is 12.5 hrs behind IST. PST is 13.5 hrs behind IST.

Use timeanddate.com.

PM me if you still have confusion.


Thanks for resolving this confusion. :)
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Status: Hell of a job to do now !
Joined: 31 Dec 2012
Posts: 68
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.2
WE: Web Development (Computer Software)
Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2013, 07:10
Aspirant18 wrote:
Thanks a lot ravitoons, mbanerd16, kaustubhkul, MacFauz !

Your help is really appreciated :)


All the best!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 03 Oct 2013
Posts: 212
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 3.6
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2013, 07:15
2
Welcome Guys!! Good Luck.
PM me for ur ques or post here. 8-)

Your Kudos are appreciated. :-D

nalin1 wrote:
Aspirant18 wrote:
Thanks a lot ravitoons, mbanerd16, kaustubhkul, MacFauz !

Your help is really appreciated :)


All the best!
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Status: Hell of a job to do now !
Joined: 31 Dec 2012
Posts: 68
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.2
WE: Web Development (Computer Software)
Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2013, 07:19
mbanerd16 wrote:
Welcome Guys!! Good Luck.
PM me for ur ques or post here. 8-)

Your Kudos are appreciated. :-D

nalin1 wrote:
Aspirant18 wrote:
Thanks a lot ravitoons, mbanerd16, kaustubhkul, MacFauz !

Your help is really appreciated :)


All the best!


LOL ... gave u kudos! :lol:
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 03 Oct 2013
Posts: 212
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 3.6
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2013, 08:30
Any idea how many applications for EA?
2-Dec is i/v complete date & 13-Dec is decision date. 1st deposit is $2500.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 03 Oct 2013
Posts: 212
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 3.6
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2013, 08:43
KFBS's Selectivity is around 44% & Yield is also around 44%. Considering the School, Chapel Hills & Program, Selectivity is not bad but yield is on a lower side.
Eagerly waiting for decision. Keeping my fingers crossed. :|

mbanerd16 wrote:
Any idea how many applications for EA?
2-Dec is i/v complete date & 13-Dec is decision date. 1st deposit is $2500.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 03 Oct 2013
Posts: 212
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 3.6
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2013, 15:34
Does anyone has an idea about H1B to F1 visa conversion? Can an H1B holder apply for F1 visa? I am working on H1B and I have to leave my employer for MBA, so I would need F1.

I heard that H1B holder are not eligible for F1.

Can anyone please help with this?
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Status: Hell of a job to do now !
Joined: 31 Dec 2012
Posts: 68
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.2
WE: Web Development (Computer Software)
Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2013, 08:44
Done with my interview with Katie Dunn. It was a 32 mins conversation. Since I was giving crisp and to-the-point answers, she asked me a lot of questions. Some (I do not remember 1-2 questions) of them are-

1) Walk through my resume.
2) She wanted to know more about my time I was in US for work.
3) My career goals
4) How does UNC fit into those goals.
5) Do I work in team? and if yes, what are my roles in that team?
6) What are the challenges you face while working in a team?
7) What do you think makes a successful team?
8) If you could change one thing from undergrad to present, what would it be? ( I told that I could have taken up some course in Physics, as I love Physics)
9) Why Computer Science? (I am a computer science graduate)
10) In your professional life, what is one thing that you want to improve, and what have you done for it?
11) What do you do in your spare time?
12) How do you take care of work-ethics at John Deere? (I did not understand the question well, so was not able to answer it properly)

Then, Any questions that I may have. I asked 2 questions, one professional and one non-professional.

Over all it was less of a conversation and more of a ques-ans session. She told me in the beginning that we have only 30 mins. Over all she was nice and did not grill me too much. :) :) :) :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Aug 2013
Posts: 492
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2013, 10:08
nalin1 wrote:
Done with my interview with Katie Dunn. It was a 32 mins conversation. Since I was giving crisp and to-the-point answers, she asked me a lot of questions. Some (I do not remember 1-2 questions) of them are-

1) Walk through my resume.
2) She wanted to know more about my time I was in US for work.
3) My career goals
4) How does UNC fit into those goals.
5) Do I work in team? and if yes, what are my roles in that team?
6) What are the challenges you face while working in a team?
7) What do you think makes a successful team?
8) If you could change one thing from undergrad to present, what would it be? ( I told that I could have taken up some course in Physics, as I love Physics)
9) Why Computer Science? (I am a computer science graduate)
10) In your professional life, what is one thing that you want to improve, and what have you done for it?
11) What do you do in your spare time?
12) How do you take care of work-ethics at John Deere? (I did not understand the question well, so was not able to answer it properly)

Then, Any questions that I may have. I asked 2 questions, one professional and one non-professional.

Over all it was less of a conversation and more of a ques-ans session. She told me in the beginning that we have only 30 mins. Over all she was nice and did not grill me too much. :) :) :) :)


Thanks for sharing your experience!! N all the best for the result!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 13 Nov 2013, 10:08

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  45    Next  [ 896 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: abhimahna, Kelen






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne