Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 19:36 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 19:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.16
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 133
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Re: LBS Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hello everyone,

I am a 26-year-old Lebanese male working for a family business operating in the Energy and Power Industry. I act as the Sales & Business Development Manager and have around 5 years of professional experience. I gained significant experience in project management and had many success stories in developing and growing the business to twice what it was 5 years ago (revenue and staff-wise). To briefly illustrate, I attracted new clients, developed and handled all relationships with international suppliers, managed the company’s daily activities in sales, procurement and logistics, and secured contracts (nationally and regionally) for prestigious projects in both the public and private sector.

In addition, I helped in studying the feasibility of investing in an assembly/manufacturing workshop and in founding it. I also took the initiative to establish an internationally recognized quality management system for the business by working closely with a management consulting company on new policies and procedures.

Post-MBA Goal
Expand the family business (nationally and regionally) and establish a division or a separate company that focuses on the smart grid, the industrial digitalization and the renewable energy sector.

GMAT Score
670 (Q48, V34, IR 5) which I scored a couple of days ago. I was not satisfied with my score so I cancelled it. I'm planning to retake the GMAT in 2-3 weeks. My target score is 720+ to increase my chances at top MBA programs.

Education
- BE in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the American University of Beirut
- GPA: 3.64/4.00
- Graduated with distinction

Extracurricular Activities
- I played a lot basketball and almost went pro (not going pro was a personal choice). I played for the Youth National Team, University Varsity Team, High School Varsity Team and one of the country’s most prestigious basketball clubs and have been named MVP several times. I won national championships and captained most of the teams that I was part of.
- Private tutoring university students in engineering, sciences and business.
- Scout member and leader for several years
- Volunteered in two NGOs
- Member in several university clubs

Do you think I have a shot at LBS with my current score?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
I’d greatly appreciate if my profile could be evaluated. Feedback regarding my chances of getting admitted and tips for improving those odds are welcome. I will try to be brief in order not to take a lot of your time. Thanks in advance.

Personal Info: 25 years old Brazilian (from Salvador).

Education: Undergrad - Law School (not ranked);

UNDERGRADUATE GPA: 7,09/10 (Due to imaturity, since i got into university with 16 years old);
POSTGRADUATE GPA: 9,01/10 (Business Law post grad at the best law school of Brazil);
GMAT: 720 (Q50, V38, IR 7, AWA 5.5);
IELTS: 8.0;

Work Exp: 4 years of exp at matriculation:
2 years as an intern in M&A (boutique law firm);
3 years as an Associate Lawer - M&A (boutique law firm);

Extra Cs: Head of the pro bono practise of the law firm i work;
Member of the Brazilian Bar Business Law Commission;
2 months as an English teacher for AIESEC at Colombia;

Languages: Portuguese (fluent), English (fluent/advanced), Spanish ( intermediate) and French (level c1 - advanced)

Goals: To change my career and break into finance industry (PE or IB).

Best regards,
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Hey there! I would really appreciate an evaluation of my profile for admission for the LBS MBA 2020:

Stats:
Undergraduate top 10% - B.Sc. Information Systems - unknown school in Germany GPA 3.6/4
Graduate top 10% - M.Sc. Information Systems - unknown school in Germany GPA 3.7/4
Work at Tier 2 Strategy Consulting firm as Senior Associate ~ 4 years work experience
GMAT 710 with V38 / Q48, IR 8/8, AWA 5
TOEFL 119
28 years old, German, male
Exchange Semester in Korea (4month) - rather global project but have not spent much time there
No real extracurricular (aside from piano, guitar, bass)

Goal:
Looking for industry exit to Tech / FinTech player
Apply for Round 2 in Jan

Thanks a lot!
ARLee Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions and Career Coaching by INSEAD alum and former Samsung HR Head.
Affiliations: INSEAD MBA'11D (experience as admissions interviewer), SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Read our Verified Client Reviews on GMAT Club:
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi phammer91,

thank you for sharing your profile.

You seem to have good elements to be a serious applicant for LBS. You have a good academic performance and a GMAT score that is on par with LBS' average. Your TOEFL score is also really good. Experience in consulting is also well appreciated by b-schools.

I just have a few quick questions for you.

1. What can you tell us about your 4 years in consulting? What kind of projects have you worked on? Any international assignments? Have you led teams? Have you received any early promotions?

2. I don't really understand your comment about your exchange semester in Korea. Did you spend those 4 months in Korea? Or was part of it somehow done remotely? Besides this, do you have any other international experience?

I would love to take a look at your CV. Feel free to email it to me (alex@arleeconsulting.com) for a more detailed discussion about your profile.

Thank you very much.

Warm regards
Alex
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
THanks

Originally posted by gofhddl94 on 20 Dec 2019, 13:45.
Last edited by gofhddl94 on 24 Apr 2020, 17:20, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
I would be greatful for any help regarding my profile evaluation.

I graduated with a Bachelors of commerce from university of mumbai,india.

Have a gmat score of 740 and am a US CFA charter holder as well as US CMA charterholder.
Currently am mid way in completing US CPA.
I am part indian CA, haven't yet appeared for finals (probably never will once i am through with US CPA).
I have 2 years of work experience in a small Chartered accountancy firm.

I also have started my own business related to mining and extraction as i found a good opportunity and want to have a second source of income.

I am confused between an mba or an mim but want to settle abroad preferably in Europe.

For an MIM i would like to know my chances on a broarder perspective in universities like ST GALLEN, LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL and HEC PARIS.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hello everyone

I am a 26 year old female from India.
GMAT : 760
Education : BTECH from a tier 2 college with GPA 8.25/10
Work experience : 4+ years of experience in a leading IT company in the country. I work in the automotive domain wherein I am involved in the development, validation and deployment of ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System ECU) softwares. For the past 1 year, I am in Japan, at client location, leading a team of 10 (both at onsite and offshore) wherein we are involved in the In Vehicle ECU Software development and deployment of the Driver Attention Alert System. I directly interact with our client so as to completely understand and analyse their requirements and then devise the strategy to achieve the same.
Extra-curricular : I am an avid reader and a writer. I have an online blog with over 20 published articles and over 1k followers.
Apart from this, I am a trained Bharatnatyam (Indian classical dance form) dancer, practicing dance right from the tender age of 6. I have performed at over 200 stages and have received many accolades throughout my school and university tenure.
Volunteer activities : Right from the age of 17, I have been involved in several NGO activities. While I was pursuing my 11th and 12th, I used to provide home tuitions for 10-12 under privileged students. Then while in college, I volunteered with Teach for India. I have also volunteered with Help Age India and taught our elderly basic Math and English.
I would like to know my chances at top Bschools in the world.

LBS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 775 [0]
Given Kudos: 1577
Send PM
gayatrisk1994 wrote:
Hello everyone

Work experience : 4+ years of experience in a leading IT company in the country. I work in the automotive domain wherein I am involved in the development, validation and deployment of ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System ECU) softwares. For the past 1 year, I am in Japan, at client location, leading a team of 10 (both at onsite and offshore) wherein we are involved in the In Vehicle ECU Software development and deployment of the Driver Attention Alert System. I directly interact with our client so as to completely understand and analyse their requirements and then devise the strategy to achieve the same.
Extra-curricular : I am an avid reader and a writer. I have an online blog with over 20 published articles and over 1k followers.
Apart from this, I am a trained Bharatnatyam (Indian classical dance form) dancer, practicing dance right from the tender age of 6. I have performed at over 200 stages and have received many accolades throughout my school and university tenure.
Volunteer activities : Right from the age of 17, I have been involved in several NGO activities. While I was pursuing my 11th and 12th, I used to provide home tuitions for 10-12 under privileged students. Then while in college, I volunteered with Teach for India. I have also volunteered with Help Age India and taught our elderly basic Math and English.

Impressive profile. I am confident you have a strong case.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I wanted your advice on my profile and whether the mba programs i am targeting for the 2021 admit realistic and within my reach. (IE not in the dream school category).
My target schools are Columbia, Kellogg, Michigan ross, Berkeley haas and tuck.

I am a bachelors of commerce graduate with 6.4/7 cgpa from hr college in mumbai (Mumbai University) and a 740 on gmat.

I worked full time while in college , 2 years in an equity research and mutual fund sale firm and 1 year articleship as i was pursuing CA at that time. ( cleared 2 out of the three levels but finals are left which i will not give)

I am a US CFA charterholder and US CMA certificate holder. Have also completed US CPA and US CAIA (chartered alternative investment analyst).
I have been working in a mid sized accountancy firm based in small city in rajasthan, india.
I had to shift to rajasthan due to severe family emergencies therefore started working there as my presence was required for family.
I left my job after two years as i found a wonderful opportunity in mineral and mining and have started my own venture in partnership.
Though it can be managed and is stagnant while in the state , i wanted to make it a wholly export unit and establish in strategic locations across couple of countries like in canada and portugal and run it as a more corporate and an organized business organisation, much different from how mining is run in this state.
Therefore i planned on pursuing an mba which will help me manage and organize my business in the manner i want to run it and expand it.
I am ready to invest and grill myself for a 2 year mba in order to take the maximum out of it. 

On the extra curricular activity note, i am a registered mumber of the heartfulness organisation (for meditation) for the past 4 years. Travelled all across the country and have organised various seminars and workshops, played a big part in the green initiative and planted by myself about 40 plus trees. Have also organised meditation sessions for army personnel in my state and have also successfully implemented heartfulness for kids in various schools wherein we are training teachers on how to plant this seed right from a very young age in students.
While in college, one of my most proudest moment was when i lead an NSS team ( national service scheme) and did something out of box by forming a union for the domestic help who were in very bad condition in mumbai so that the local police as well as the members themselves can protect the right of others and to make sure that they are not exploited, due to this the police area head and i had an exclusive coverage as well.
Despite my work experience, the thing i am concerned about is my international exposure in job. That is an area i lack.

Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Vibranture
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
gayatrisk1994 wrote:
Hello everyone

Hello gayatrisk1994

Nice to see your profile :)

In addition to your 760 GMAT, your international experience in Japan is pretty good for your profile. Not many applicants from India tend to have that. You also seem good with leadership and cross-cultural skills.
I also like your extracurriculars, esp Bharatnatyam performances on stage because that reflect a level of confidence and dedication that hopefully also translates on your professional front.
Your volunteer activities also seem good and you could possibly use some of your experiences/stories from that side for your MBA essays.

Now coming to the important part - your career goals and why a certain MBA program is a good fit for you. These two aspects really need to be clarified and articulated for your application to stand out. You are competitive for top b-schools, but you will need to do research on why a particular program is better than others to meet your goals. The more clarity and commitment you show for an MBA program in your essays, the higher your chances of admission.

If you need help with your essays, and application, feel free to reach out to me at mail@vibranture.com :)

You might also like to read this article I wrote on How Business Schools Evaluate Your Profile
https://vibranture.com/articles/how-scho ... rofile.htm

Good luck!
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Friends! Chaya here - I'm a senior consultant with ARINGO Top MBA Admissions. We recently held a special chat on the topic of how to create a winning application top Top MBA programs, even in a late round. LBS's last round is due April 22 - plenty of time to put a strong application together. If you are considering the final round and want some pointers, or want to know your chances for the coming fall, we are here to help! Please feel free to reach out to us here, or send us your CV by email: https://www.aringo.com/mba-process-registration/.

Looking forward to your questions!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.12
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Hello folks! What do we think about R4 chances for an Indian applicant this year?
Quick stats: GMAT 730, 7 years work ex (3 India, 4 US), Masters in MIS (3.64 GPA). Worked as a Consultant for the majority of my work ex, currently working at a FAANG as an engineer.
Post MBA goal- PM/PMM
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
vibsaxena wrote:
Hello folks! What do we think about R4 chances for an Indian applicant this year?
Quick stats: GMAT 730, 7 years work ex (3 India, 4 US), Masters in MIS (3.64 GPA). Worked as a Consultant for the majority of my work ex, currently working at a FAANG as an engineer.
Post MBA goal- PM/PMM

Hi.
My name is Shimri Winters. I head the strategy team here at ARINGO MBA Admissions Consulting and I am also a London Business School alumnus (and interviewed for the school for 8 years). From the above, it seems you have a very good profile. Naturally, you come from a competitive background (“Indian engineer”) but having a Masters degree, working four years in the US, working in consulting plus a great GMAT might help you stand out (well, you will need an excellent application!).
As we are anticipating many successful applicants to ask for a deferral (you can read our blog on How Will the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Affect Top MBA Programs?), I think you might have a real chance of getting admitted to LBS (and any other school!) this year in a late-round (something I would not advise in previous years).

Feel free to send me your CV for a deeper evaluation on shimriw@ARINGO.com

GOOD LUCK!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 241
Send PM

Originally posted by Nerdy01 on 12 Apr 2020, 09:57.
Last edited by Nerdy01 on 09 Jul 2020, 14:20, edited 2 times in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Given Kudos: 132
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Hi, I would like to know your opinion on my profile.

27 years old Spanish male with a bachelor on business from top Tech uni in Spain (high performance group, program +50% in English), final year at SMU (Singapore) with an excellence (merit) scholarship, GPA 3+ still need to get the percentile from my uni but surely I'm top 10%.
I also hold a professional music degree.

GMAT pending to take due to covid, but targeting 730 and not expecting less than 700.

3 months of internship in India(MIT) + 6 months P&G + 6 months Corporate Strategy & M&A in Travel Distribution (including 1.2Bn sale)
Some startup short-term projects and 2 years of experience in Online Travel (Strategy&Business, European player) and 2 years in Consulting (int. clients but nationwide ops only)

In college was president of my school student's board, held positions at uni level (board, etc) + nationwide ; I was also involved in the Debate Club and other associations.

Focused on a global career after MBA but at some point would be good to come back to Europe (not Spain necessarily). My goal would be to get into the strategy teams of large travel companies, already interviewed with some in the recent past but did not make it at the end.

LBS & INSEAD are my main targets but I have not really thought about USA opportunities properly.

Thanks in advance,
Pablo
ARLee Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions and Career Coaching by INSEAD alum and former Samsung HR Head.
Affiliations: INSEAD MBA'11D (experience as admissions interviewer), SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Read our Verified Client Reviews on GMAT Club:
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi pabpinor,

thank you for sharing your profile.

Overall, I really like your profile and it seems to be well-rounded. And you clearly have the international exposure that both LBS and INSEAD appreciate so much.

As you know, GMAT is an important element of the application, but in the case of LBS and INSEAD, as a Spanish national, if you do score somewhere between 700 and 730, you'll be more than okay.

You seem to have made some interesting choices in your career, so in order to assess more accurately your career progression, it would be great to take a look at your resume. Please, feel free to share it at alex@arleeconsulting.com.

Also, will you be applying to both programs simultaneously this fall? Or you'll apply first to INSEAD's Jan 2021 intake (as your profile indicates) and depending on the outcome, you'll apply to LBS this fall?

Thank you very much.

Warm regards
Alex
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [1]
Send PM