Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 19:10 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 19:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: Cambridge '22
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 241
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [1]
Send PM
Re: LBS Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Nerdy01 wrote:
ARINGO wrote:
Studies, internships, and your own entrepreneurial business all at 22? WOW! very very impressive!

Hi Nerdy01
yes, at 22 with your amazing experience, You could go for a Master in Management degree, apply for a deferred MBA program or wait 2-4 years for a "regular" MBA application...
GOOD LUCK!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Kudos
Profile Evaluation:

GRE = 312 (Quant - 168/Verbal- 144)
IELTS = 7/9
CGPA - 7.44/10(till 7th sem)
Mechanical engineer Final year student
No work experience
1 Month technical International Internship at renowned Company
another technical internship at a big firm in India(home country)
one ad half month social media content writing internship for NGO.
Lots of extra-curricular throughout graduation
I have managed fests in my initial 2 yrs. I was project head in thrid year at my institute of an international student chapter.
I have been a Lawn tennis team captain at my college.

What are my chances for
Masters in Management at LBS
Masters in Management at London School of Economics
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: LBS '19 (A$)
Send PM
san95mba wrote:
Hi,

I am primarily interested in applying to LBS and would like your invaluable advice as to how I can improve my profile to increase my chances of a convert.
I'll have to wrap my application till August 31st so as to qualify for R1 submissions.

Please help me with evaluations and further feedbacks -
a) On a scale of 1-10(Low-High), rating and chances of Interview call/conversion as a guess.
b) What could be done in the next 4-5 months to boost those chances?

@san95MBA- I was in the same boat. As an Indian - male - engineer who didn't go to IIT for UG, I also wanted to make sure I don't leave any stone unturned. I can see the same with you - keep it up. Your hard work will pay off.

Few suggestions:
    1. 26 is young for LBS. Average age is 28 -29 years. Is there any specific reason why you want to get in early? I strongly believe that you will get more out the MBA if you go with 5-6 years experience. It not only helps in school/classes but also for post MBA jobs especially if you want to stay in London after.
    2. You are doing a lot but have a plan. You really need to create your brand and ensure that whatever you are doing is aligned to that.
    3. International Experience and mindset? Can't emphasise enough how important that is for LBS. Location for the post-MBA goal is equally important - think about that.

Feel free to reach out in case you have further questions.

Good luck,
Sumit (on behalf of the Easy MBA Admit community)
A community for the students by the students and alumni
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Hey There,

Here is my take on your chances of acceptance into LBS or LSE for MiM:

While a 312 is a decent GRE Score, schools look at the overall profile to make the decision. Also, both LBS and LSE are notorious for recruiting from only the Top UG colleges of the applicant's country (Eg: IITs, NITs in this case). So, I’d like you to know that your college rank would also play an important role here. The GPA is also slightly on the lower side - which can be an issue for LBS & LSE. However your extracurriculars look good, so you can compensate for the low GPA if you are articulate about how you highlight other profile strengths.

Coming to the work ex part, Master in Management is branded as an early masters degree and no or little work experience is required for it. Although, most schools, especially top schools like LBS & LSE prefer applicants to have some relevant amount of work experience.

You do not have full time work experience, but you have internships and business schools do consider them (if they were full time)

But you can try to compensate for it by highlighting how your internship experience has propelled you to take up a full-time program in Management and also highlighting the relevant soft skills that you’ve developed through this experience.

You have a good mix of extracurriculars. From organizing and managing fests to heading the projects in 3rd year, and it can be used to showcase a holistic profile. I’d like you to know that schools highly value community development initiatives taken by the applicant so try taking up some volunteering initiatives, join student clubs and make sure that you present some quantifiable impact through these activities.

In the end I’d say that LBS & LSE both would lie under the Dream School category according to your profile and I’d suggest targeting at least 5-6 schools to be on the safer side. In Fact, you can use our amazing School Selector tool that will provide you with a list of 6-7 schools depending upon your profile which would be divided into Dream, Competitive and Safe categories. All you have to do is simply take our Free Comprehensive Profile Evaluation from the link given below and Sign-Up for your Personalised dashboard.

https://www.mim-essay.com/login?gcf
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Hi,
Please help me evaluate my profile.

Indian, Male, Mechanical Engineer'16 (VIT University)
GPA: 3.3/4 or 8.2/10
GMAT : 720

PROFILE SUMMARY
• Experienced associate in Product / Brand Management, skilled in Business Intelligence and Strategy planning.
• Experienced in driving new launches in FMCG/FMCD industries
• Possess ability to develop, plan, coordinate and contribute in diverse marketing activities and providing insights to improve the product offering

WORK EXPERIENCE

1. 1.5 Year, Product Manager, Godrej (Present)
• Led pan India new launches for Godrej Electronic locks, Door accessories, Furniture fittings & Glass hardware.
• Led end to end new product development (including market study, ideation, price progression, packaging, test market launch and scaled launch) for Godrej’s newly launched Towerbolts, in door accessories.
• Conceptualized & standardised NPI launch process, leading to incremental distribution expansion of new products by ~25%, pan India and achieving YTD ABP sales by 124% for Electronic locks.
• Extracted and analysed market insights by frequent market visits (all regions) and incorporated learning for expansion of glass hardware portfolio.
• Benchmarked competition activities for all 4 categories on monthly basis and taken corrective actions - including trade schemes, price progression, product gap.

2. 2.5 Year, Marketing Coordinator (Brand Management), SC Johnson Products Pvt Ltd. (US Based MNC)
• Managed end-to-end product life cycle management for 3 globally renowned brands – Kiwi, Glade and Mr Muscle
• Drove business metrics and built pricing strategies
• Extensively examined and analysed data to publish monthly reports including heat maps/ deep dives, basis AC Nielsen, providing business insights and identifying growth opportunities across brands.
• Worked closely with customer marketing for GTM planning and BTL assets development and execution
• Executed innovative campaigns to build/grow category, in collaboration with cross-functions
• Vendor management - managed 15 vendors (Global and Local)
• Managed and led (India execution) the launch of Glade HIF, Kiwi Shoe Shampoo and Mr Muscle Kitchen Cleaner - key growth driver for FY19

Achievements:
Recognized and awarded for speedy execution of GST price drop project with 150%+ efficiency
• Recognized by Finance and Marketing Director, SCJ India, for on-time delivery of launch of Glade HIF project
• Top performance rating for 2 consecutive years

EXTRA CURICULLAR
1. Head of Media and Marketing | Rowing Canyon
Managed the media and marketing department of Rowing Canyon, a registered NGO, which focused on teaching and grooming underprivileged kids, using Info-Graphics.
2.Event Manager | graVITas’15 (VIT University)
Head of Sponsorship division of GraVITas’15, VIT University’s national tech-fest., and led a team of 8 members. With collective team effort, we managed to achieve a sponsorship sum of INR 20M.
3. Freelance Photographer
Worked at Gointhecity, a historical tour agency, in association with Bookmyshow, to host city tours. Taught basic & intermediate photography techniques to participants, in the most interactive way possible
Also, won photography content at Saarang’14, IIT Chennai, under top 10 category (among 7000 participants)

Thanks For your Help! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Send PM
Kudos
Hi experts! Would be grateful for an honest review of my profile chances for an LBS MBA (planning to apply for 2021 intake) -

1. Indian Male 26 year-old based in Dubai, GMAT 730(V 40, Q 49, 96th percentile)

2. Education:
1) Bachelors in Business Statistics (University Rank 1)
2) Chartered Accountant (Country-level rank: Top 50 among ~150k exam takers)
3) CFA (All 3 levels cleared - can apply for the Charter if it is worth it for apps- some advice on this would be valuable)

3. Certifications:
1) Adv Dip in Management Accounting (CIMA, UK)
2) Business Analytics (HBS Online)
3) SQL Bootcamp (Udemy)
4) Fundamentals of Digital Marketing (Google Digital Garage)

4. Languages: English, Hindi, German (A2)

5. Professional Work Experience:
1) 1+ yrs with leading tech startup in Dubai in Strategic Finance - financial modeling, forecasting, analytics, cost optimization (working closely with colleagues from 15 nationalities)
2) 4 years with 2 leading CPG companies in India (1 F500 & other part of big Indian conglomerate group) - different functions within finance (audit, fp&a, reporting, brand finance), 2 promotions, managing 1 qualified management accountant direct report, delivered multiple cost optimization projects (won Best Cost savings initiative award), 2 other awards for different projects that led to strong financial achievement, part of transformation projects, conducted cost-saving workshops and MS Excel trainings at manufacturing locations for shop floor staff
3) 2 years with a Big 4 audit firm (audit associate as a part of Chartered accountant course) - Led audit engagements independently, received an award

6. Extra-curriculars:
1) Running (several half marathons - have suffered from asthma since childhood)
2) Blogging & group management (15 + finance-related blog posts for finance pages with ~250k readership as well as a software provider's website), Manager of a LinkedIn group with ~10k members
3) Associated with an NGO involved in teaching underprivileged kids through interactive learning techniques
4) Salsa dancing (learnt for over 2 years, passed level 1 exam conducted by ISTD, UK)

7. International exposure: 1+ year working in Dubai with cross-cultural team, 4 years elementary school in the US, Worked with international teams on transformation projects while at F500 company in India

8. Post-MBA Goals: Top tier consulting or investment banking for few years, then back to industry in strategy + finance leadership roles
Send PM
Expert Reply
KedKal wrote:
Hi experts! Would be grateful for an honest review of my profile chances for an LBS MBA (planning to apply for 2021 intake) - Indian Male 26 year-old based in Dubai, GMAT 730(V 40, Q 49, 96th percentile)

Hi KedKal
My name is Shimri Winters and I head the strategy team here at ARINGO. I am a London Business School alumnus and was helping LBS interview candidates to the MBA program for 7 years.
You have an excellent profile:
- Great GMAT score
- Good BA university (not sure what your GPA is, but less relevant)
- CFA is always good!
- Lots of certifications (differentiates you from other candidates)
- 3 languages are nice!
- International experience (high school and 1-y in Dubai)
- Startup in Dubai– sounds like an amazing experience (can discuss the daily issues with a small growing company)
- Financial modeling – great industry to be in and understand
- Your career in the last 4 years in CPG companies - very relevant for your long term career plan (can focus on consulting to CPG or close related companies)
- Not sure how the audit firm fits in, but no real harm to your profile…
- I love all your extracurriculars – running, blogging, NGO involvement – all great and show you have a real character (you don’t care just about your academics and professional life, but also about yourself, your wellbeing and your community)

All in all, you have an excellent profile and a great chance of getting into LBS or any other prestigious MBA program. Obviously, it is all down to how you present yourself to the schools (= CV, Essays, LORs, Interview…).
That's where we come into play. Happy to discuss this further and work with you on this and other applications. Feel free to send me your CV and reach out on Shimriw@ARINGO.com

GOOD LUCK!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Send PM
Hi Shimri,

Thanks a lot for the detailed review and feedback!

ARINGO wrote:
KedKal wrote:
Hi experts! Would be grateful for an honest review of my profile chances for an LBS MBA (planning to apply for 2021 intake) - Indian Male 26 year-old based in Dubai, GMAT 730(V 40, Q 49, 96th percentile)

Hi KedKal
My name is Shimri Winters and I head the strategy team here at ARINGO. I am a London Business School alumnus and was helping LBS interview candidates to the MBA program for 7 years.
You have an excellent profile:
- Great GMAT score
- Good BA university (not sure what your GPA is, but less relevant)
- CFA is always good!
- Lots of certifications (differentiates you from other candidates)
- 3 languages are nice!
- International experience (high school and 1-y in Dubai)
- Startup in Dubai– sounds like an amazing experience (can discuss the daily issues with a small growing company)
- Financial modeling – great industry to be in and understand
- Your career in the last 4 years in CPG companies - very relevant for your long term career plan (can focus on consulting to CPG or close related companies)
- Not sure how the audit firm fits in, but no real harm to your profile…
- I love all your extracurriculars – running, blogging, NGO involvement – all great and show you have a real character (you don’t care just about your academics and professional life, but also about yourself, your wellbeing and your community)

All in all, you have an excellent profile and a great chance of getting into LBS or any other prestigious MBA program. Obviously, it is all down to how you present yourself to the schools (= CV, Essays, LORs, Interview…).
That's where we come into play. Happy to discuss this further and work with you on this and other applications. Feel free to send me your CV and reach out on Shimriw@ARINGO.com

GOOD LUCK!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 85
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
Send PM
Background and nationality - Indian (male), age at application stage - 26, Business education (Undergrad and post-grad from top tier institutes in India)
GMAT: 730 -740 (Realistic target)
Undergrad Gpa- 7.48(equivalent to 4.0 acc to gmac)

Post grad Gpa - 2.93/4.33 from IIM (top 30% of class)

Work experience and leadership - 3.5 years (during application) CPG firm in India, led a team of 10+ management graduates for all these 3.5 yrs, promotion in 2 years, youngest and fastest to get promoted, youngest state head, highest growth and achievement nos. in first 2 years

Recommendations from Pan India Heads

Community and others -
1) volunteering at a free school for the underprivileged - arranged youth awareness camps and increased enrollment at school
2) Volunteering at a school for special needs children - mostly kids who don't have resources for correct diagnosis - tried to teach them nuances of human interaction and to make them independent in their daily tasks

Hosted a tedx event and achieved a blackbelt in martial arts, opportunity to represent country and state in international and national competitions

Post MBA goals - transition to consulting and then start an entrepreneurial venture

zero international experience, but experienced many cultures in India

Ideal GMAt score considering my background

Posted from my mobile device
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
doublewhammy hi,
My name is Shimri Winters. I head the ARINGO strategy team.
I am a London Business school graduate and was helping the school interview candidates for 8 years...
This is my feedback
1. GMAT - 730-740 would be amazing (anything above the school average...)
2. GPA - I would be less worried about the Masters GPA - the fact that you have a post-graduate degree helps differentiate you from others
3. Industry - Consumer Goods Companies are always good. although you didn't mention if you work for a large international company or a small one... There is a big difference between the two
4. Professional growth - Amazing! haveing two promotions after such a short time in the company wow! again a big differentiator for you.
5. Leadership - great that you have leadership experience at some a young age. this is key to show the school how you stand out from your peers. hopefully, your recommendations will emphasize this too.
6. extra-curricular - nice volunteering activities - I hope you have 1-2 nice hobbies too:
7. Career goals - very realistic - I suggest staying the Consumer Goods industry (so, it could be consulting to consumer good firms...) or playing on some other strengths you have from your past
ALL in ALL
you have a strong profile. you should mainly be focusing right now on the GMAT and maximizing your score there and then working out when to apply (R1 is better, but only if you achieved your best GMAT score) and to which additional schools apart from LBS (as backup)

As usual, happy to help, feel free to send me a note, after your GMAT :). to Shimriw@ARINGO.com

and GOOD LUCK!

doublewhammy wrote:
Background and nationality - Indian (male), age at application stage - 26, Business education (Undergrad and post-grad from top tier institutes in India)

Work experience and leadership - 3.5 years (during application) CPG firm in India, led a team of 10+ management graduates for all these 3.5 yrs, promotion in 2 years, youngest and fastest to get promoted, youngest state head, highest growth and achievement nos. in first 2 years

Community and others -
1) volunteering at a free school for the underprivileged - arranged youth awareness camps and increased enrollment at school
2) Volunteering at a school for special needs children - mostly kids who don't have resources for correct diagnosis - tried to teach them nuances of human interaction and to make them independent in their daily tasks

Hosted a tedx event and achieved a blackbelt in martial arts, opportunity to represent country and state in international and national competitions

Post MBA goals - transition to consulting and then start an entrepreneurial venture

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GRE 1: Q166 V158
GPA: 3.63
Send PM
Hey Guys, I have been a regular follower of this forum and I thought now is a good time for my first post here :).
I'd like your feedback on my profile for LBS MBA application.

1. Pakistani Male, based in Budapest, will be 29 by the time of application submission. Still havent appeared for GMAT, but quite positive of hitting the 700 barrier.

2. Languages : English, Urdu, Russian (A1/A2), Hungarian (A1)

3. Education:
Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering from Pakistan (3.63/4GPA). Top 25 students of my batch.

4. Certifications:
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Several other engineering courses and trainings.

1) 1 year in Toyota Motors Pakistan as a logistics engineer, where I managed to design a logistics system in which shipping containers being called as per the forward looking plan of production and managed to reduce the warehouse storage by atleast 30-40%
2) 4 Years in MOL Group, an international oil and gas company, with Headquarters in Budapest. Here I worked in various roles and different countries, including UK, Russia, Kazakhstan and Pakistan. My job entails mostly dealing with Project management and occasional oversight of labour/engineers on site.

6. International Exposure
Working in a multinational company with people from various different cultures and diversities. I am based in Budapest and had short and long assignments in Pakistan (6 months), Russia (3 months), Kazakhstan (1 month), UK (6 weeks). I regularly travel within and outside Europe for meetings with Partners and clients.

8. Post-MBA Aspirations: Management consulting in the beginning, followed by independent consulting company as an entrepreneurial venture

9. Extracurricular/ personal : Not much. In my university i was part of Debating societies, Model United Society and attended quite a number of these events. Also won a media/business competition organized by the top business school in Pakistan. Regularly goes to the gym.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 85
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
Send PM
ARINGO wrote:
doublewhammy hi,
My name is Shimri Winters. I head the ARINGO strategy team.
I am a London Business school graduate and was helping the school interview candidates for 8 years...
This is my feedback
1. GMAT - 730-740 would be amazing (anything above the school average...)
2. GPA - I would be less worried about the Masters GPA - the fact that you have a post-graduate degree helps differentiate you from others
3. Industry - Consumer Goods Companies are always good. although you didn't mention if you work for a large international company or a small one... There is a big difference between the two
4. Professional growth - Amazing! haveing two promotions after such a short time in the company wow! again a big differentiator for you.
5. Leadership - great that you have leadership experience at some a young age. this is key to show the school how you stand out from your peers. hopefully, your recommendations will emphasize this too.
6. extra-curricular - nice volunteering activities - I hope you have 1-2 nice hobbies too:
7. Career goals - very realistic - I suggest staying the Consumer Goods industry (so, it could be consulting to consumer good firms...) or playing on some other strengths you have from your past
ALL in ALL
you have a strong profile. you should mainly be focusing right now on the GMAT and maximizing your score there and then working out when to apply (R1 is better, but only if you achieved your best GMAT score) and to which additional schools apart from LBS (as backup)

As usual, happy to help, feel free to send me a note, after your GMAT :). to Shimriw@ARINGO.com

and GOOD LUCK!

doublewhammy wrote:

Community and others -

Hi Shimri,
Thank You for your response.

1) Does having a PGDM from India increase/decrease my chances at LBS
2) Isn't the GMAT bar higher for Indians?
3) Do u have any idea on how many graduates does LBS place in MBB every year?

Let's connect once I get a valid GMAT score

Thanks
ARINGO
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi all,

I‘m an MBB-Associate looking to matriculate for a company-sponsored MBA at LBS (2021 intake). Looking for brief feedback on my overall profile and whether retaking GMAT is necessary.

Background
  • Work experience (at matriculation): Ca. 2 years at an MBB in Germany excl. internships at two T2s, a Big 4, and a tech consulting firm (two of which in Private Equity- / M&A-consulting)
  • Extra-curriculars: Leadership-role on campus during semester abroad, started club during Masters (doubled membership within a year)
  • Academic experience: B. Sc. in Computer Science, M. Sc. in Management, both at a highly ranked state school, Masters with a highly international student body
  • Educational: Semester abroad at highly international university in SEA, next to English and native language, basic proficiency in one additional European language

Stats
  • GMAT: 700 (Q48, V38), looking to retake and increase verbal score
  • GPA: Undergrad: 2.2 (upper midfield), Masters: 1.3 (distinction, top 10 %)—both in German grading scale, not GPA

MBA Info
  • Goal of MBA: Two goals: 1) continue at MBB upon returning, 2) use summer internship to explore Private Equity as a viable post-consulting career and build related network

Originally posted by Lodbrok on 12 May 2020, 08:16.
Last edited by Lodbrok on 17 May 2020, 05:16, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
saadahmed345 wrote:
Hey Guys, I have been a regular follower of this forum and I thought now is a good time for my first post here :).

1. Pakistani Male, based in Budapest, will be 29 by the time of application submission. Still havent appeared for GMAT, but quite positive of hitting the 700 barrier.

3. Education:
Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering from Pakistan (3.63/4GPA). Top 25 students of my batch.

4. Certifications:

1) 1 year in Toyota Motors Pakistan as a logistics engineer, where I managed to design a logistics system in which shipping containers being called as per the forward looking plan of production and managed to reduce the warehouse storage by atleast 30-40%
2) 4 Years in MOL Group, an international oil and gas company, with Headquarters in Budapest. Here I worked in various roles and different countries, including UK, Russia, Kazakhstan and Pakistan. My job entails mostly dealing with Project management and occasional oversight of labour/engineers on site.

Working in a multinational company with people from various different cultures and diversities. I am based in Budapest and had short and long assignments in Pakistan (6 months), Russia (3 months), Kazakhstan (1 month), UK (6 weeks). I regularly travel within and outside Europe for meetings with Partners and clients.

8. Post-MBA Aspirations: Management consulting in the beginning, followed by independent consulting company as an entrepreneurial venture

9. Extracurricular/ personal : Not much. In my university i was part of Debating societies, Model United Society and attended quite a number of these events. Also won a media/business competition organized by the top business school in Pakistan. Regularly goes to the gym.

Hi saadahmed345
Your background seems very solid. Given 700+ Gmat, I think you could definitely get in. You can submit your CV to LBS for their feedback. Although their feedback is quite generic, their choice of wording can be very indicative such as "very good profile" or "an MBA application is strongly encouraged".

Good luck!
Send PM
Expert Reply
Lodbrok wrote:
Hi all,

I‘m an MBB-Associate looking to matriculate for a company-sponsored MBA at LBS (2021 intake). Looking for brief feedback on my overall profile and whether retaking GMAT is necessary.

Background
  • Work experience (at matriculation): Ca. 2.5 years at an MBB in Germany excl. internships at two T2s, a Big 4, and a tech consulting firm (two of which in Private Equity- / M&A-consulting)
  • Extra-curriculars: Leadership-role on campus during semester abroad, started club during Masters (doubled membership within a year)
  • Academic experience: B. Sc. in Computer Science, M. Sc. in Management, both at a highly ranked state school, Masters with a highly international student body
  • Educational: Semester abroad at highly international university in SEA, next to English and native language, basic proficiency in one additional European language

Stats
  • GMAT: 700 (Q48, V38), looking to retake and increase verbal score
  • GPA: Undergrad: 2.2 (upper midfield), Masters: 1.3 (distinction, top 10 %)—both in German grading scale, not GPA

MBA Info
  • Goal of MBA: Two goals: 1) continue at MBB upon returning, 2) use summer internship to explore Private Equity as a viable post-consulting career and build related network

Hi Lodbrok
You have a great profile! It seems "all" you need to start the applications!
From what I can see you have:
- great academics
- fantastic job and employers brand
- International experience
- Internships
- extracurricular
(and I am sure you have more that I don't know about...)
so, in my eyes, the full package.

for LBS, your 700 might just be enough! so if you don't want to improve your GMAT, you don't have to! I have worked this year with a 640, 2 660s, and 4 680s who made it into LBS...and with your background and experience, it is definitely doable!
I suggest
a. Decide if you want to improve your GMAT (in the next few weeks) or stay with current score
b. Take the TOEFL (unlike the GMAT< the TOEFL home option is a reasonable experience)
c. research some more schools (if in Europe, the "usual suspects": LBS of course! and also INSEAD, Cambridge, Oxford, IESE, HEC)
d. Contact me (with CV, GMAT, TOEFL... at shimriw@ARINGO.com) for a deeper analysis

Good luck!
Shimri

Originally posted by ARINGO on 13 May 2020, 01:32.
Last edited by ARINGO on 13 May 2020, 01:44, edited 1 time in total.
Send PM
Expert Reply
saadahmed345 wrote:

3. Education:

4. Certifications:

Hi,
You definitely have an interesting profile and I am assuming there is more than meets the eye with your story (Although, "just" your professional experience seems great: good academics, Tier1 brands, international work, career progress etc.

I suggest you focus for now on your GMAT. don't worry too much about the extra-curriculum (if you have an interesting story, we will overcome that!)
and shoot me a line when you have a score...
GOOD LUCK!
Shimri
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: MBA and Beyond
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 80
Shantanu: Sharma
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE:Other (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Hello sahilaro23

If you are still looking for evaluation, your profile is pretty good.

Just as three or more points that lie on a same straight line are called collinear points, LBS searches for collinearity among your post-MBA goals, prior experience and how LBS can help.
We need to have a detailed discussion around this. Having said that, your GMAT score though would have been at par looking at the pool you represent (Indian, Male, Engineer) but amid coronavirus, where applicants are struggling to write GMAT, you have an awesome score. You have good content for ECs for 6th Short Answer, which can also serve for INSEAD's third motivational Essay. You are a little behind on overall work experience but it can be compensated.

Applicants generally tend to focus a lot on their professional life while explaining achievements- "I moved KPI from bla to bla". Honestly, someone else would have moved it to a higher Bla. Focus on bringing in uniqueness to your profile rather than providing points just as one among the crowd. For which, injecting personality is imperative.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Schedule a free session
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525
Call: +49-15212121641
Linkedin

sahilaro23 wrote:
Hi,
Please help me evaluate my profile.

Indian, Male, Mechanical Engineer'16 (VIT University)
GPA: 3.3/4 or 8.2/10
GMAT : 720

Thanks For your Help! :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  30