GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 28 Feb 2020, 07:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

London Business School Vs Tuck Business School

new topic post reply Update application status  

LBS Vs Tuck

• 53% [15]
  • 46% [13]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

LBS   
Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
London Business School Vs Tuck Business School  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 06 Apr 2015, 03:56
Hi, I am applicant from India. Have been accepted to LBS & Tuck. Need help in deciding which school to select! I am currently working as a consultant.

Originally posted by Abdge on 06 Apr 2015, 03:47.
Last edited by Abdge on 06 Apr 2015, 03:56, edited 1 time in total.
VP
VP
GPA: 3.77
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: London Business School Vs Tuck Business School  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2015, 03:53
Abdge wrote:
Hi, I am applicant from India. Have got to decide between LBS & Tuck. Need help in deciding!

Have you been accepted? If yes, please provide more info about you. Otherwise its is a blind voting.
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V46

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2015, 09:06
Congrats on your admit! Both are great schools, so I think it will depend on what your career goal is. Also, LBS is in a metropolitan city (London!) and there will be phenomenal opportunity to do ton of stuff in London, whereas, Tuck is in a very rural and remote area (Hanover) with some what limited things to do in town. While purusing MBA at LBS you can hop on a flight to Spain for 30 euro and spend your weekend soaking in diverse culture and cuisine, but Tuck does not offer such opportunities at reasonable cost. I believe you have to decide what your personality is like and where you will be at home. I visited Tuck last year and couldn't fathom myself being in such a remote and secluded area.

Also, LBS is hands down the best university in Europe and if you are targeting European employment sector then LBS is no doubt your number one choice. On the other hand, Tuck is ranked 8 or so in USA and would provide you with a great education as well. If US is your area of choice, then your decision might lean slightly towards Tuck.

I voted for LBS! London + opportunity to visit european cities at my hearts desire + significantly higher % of international student = LBS rocks, haha!
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2015, 04:17
Shakandbake wrote:
Congrats on your admit! Both are great schools, so I think it will depend on what your career goal is. Also, LBS is in a metropolitan city (London!) and there will be phenomenal opportunity to do ton of stuff in London, whereas, Tuck is in a very rural and remote area (Hanover) with some what limited things to do in town. While purusing MBA at LBS you can hop on a flight to Spain for 30 euro and spend your weekend soaking in diverse culture and cuisine, but Tuck does not offer such opportunities at reasonable cost. I believe you have to decide what your personality is like and where you will be at home. I visited Tuck last year and couldn't fathom myself being in such a remote and secluded area.

Also, LBS is hands down the best university in Europe and if you are targeting European employment sector then LBS is no doubt your number one choice. On the other hand, Tuck is ranked 8 or so in USA and would provide you with a great education as well. If US is your area of choice, then your decision might lean slightly towards Tuck.

I voted for LBS! London + opportunity to visit european cities at my hearts desire + significantly higher % of international student = LBS rocks, haha!

Having lived in London and currently attending Tuck, first there is tons to do in Hanover / the Upper Valley ranging from great hiking and running trails, amazing skiing (best on the East Coast), a wide array of festivals every weekend. I have not been bored yet.

In terms of consulting, Tuck is a clear winner here, particularly if you want to work in the U.S. (over 21% of Tuckies from the class of 2014 went to MBB alone). Additionally, from my class (2016), we had the second best placement into MBB London, behind only LBS. So for consulting, if you 100% want to be in London then maybe LBS is a better choice. If you want to work in MBB in the U.S., Asia, South America, etc go with Tuck. Happy to discuss further if you want to PM me.
SVP
SVP
V
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus '21 (M$)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2015, 05:26
Congrats for both schools.

I can't agree more with the above. Only I want to draw your attention about visa requirement in the UK as I know that there are restrictions for international students.

good luck
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE: Law (Law)

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2015, 07:41
I vote Tuck! Tuck gives you endless opportunities in the US, Europe and Asia while LBS will give you limited offerings in the US. London might seem like the more attractive city but I believe that Hanover will provide a truly immersive and transformative MBA experience.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V46

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2015, 09:00
Abdge..... just wanted to provide another input. i agree with most things that people are saying, however, H-1B visa is VERY HARD to get for international applications, especially from the indian demographic. I know this by first hand experience and several of my peers had to take job in Canada because they couldn't secure H-1B visa on time. Also, keep in mind that H-1B visa is given on a quota basis and there are A LOT of Indians vying for small piece of the pie. I found an article on Times of India that I think you will find interesting.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech ... 847958.cms

Business school is as much about the education you will receive, as it is about ensuring you get a job right away after school. I have no doubt that LBS and Tuck will get you good jobs, but H-1B can be an issue. Also bare in mind that once you get an employment visa in England, you can work any where in the European Union. I feel this is another advantage of LBS.
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2015, 14:12
Shakandbake wrote:
Abdge..... just wanted to provide another input. i agree with most things that people are saying, however, H-1B visa is VERY HARD to get for international applications, especially from the indian demographic. I know this by first hand experience and several of my peers had to take job in Canada because they couldn't secure H-1B visa on time. Also, keep in mind that H-1B visa is given on a quota basis and there are A LOT of Indians vying for small piece of the pie. I found an article on Times of India that I think you will find interesting.

Business school is as much about the education you will receive, as it is about ensuring you get a job right away after school. I have no doubt that LBS and Tuck will get you good jobs, but H-1B can be an issue. Also bare in mind that once you get an employment visa in England, you can work any where in the European Union. I feel this is another advantage of LBS.

This is incorrect. Once (after many years post-MBA) you get PLR you can, but not for a very long time.
Intern
Intern
B
London Business School Vs Tuck Business School  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2015, 18:41
Flyte wrote:
Shakandbake wrote:

This is incorrect. Once (after many years post-MBA) you get PLR you can, but not for a very long time.

Employment VISA in England, allows to work in UK only, not in other European country

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2015, 07:37
Check out your key expectations to reality on LSB from lifestyle to employer opportunities available in ShortlistB app. You might get an idea of what you can expect from LSB. My choice would be LSB
GMAT Club Bot
Re: London Business School Vs Tuck Business School   [#permalink] 10 Apr 2015, 07:37

London Business School Vs Tuck Business School

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, teleste