Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:45 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

LBS Vs Tuck

53% [15]
46% [13]
Tags:
LBSx   
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [1]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V46
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 95 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Re: London Business School Vs Tuck Business School [#permalink]
Shakandbake wrote:
Congrats on your admit! Both are great schools, so I think it will depend on what your career goal is. Also, LBS is in a metropolitan city (London!) and there will be phenomenal opportunity to do ton of stuff in London, whereas, Tuck is in a very rural and remote area (Hanover) with some what limited things to do in town. While purusing MBA at LBS you can hop on a flight to Spain for 30 euro and spend your weekend soaking in diverse culture and cuisine, but Tuck does not offer such opportunities at reasonable cost. I believe you have to decide what your personality is like and where you will be at home. I visited Tuck last year and couldn't fathom myself being in such a remote and secluded area.

Also, LBS is hands down the best university in Europe and if you are targeting European employment sector then LBS is no doubt your number one choice. On the other hand, Tuck is ranked 8 or so in USA and would provide you with a great education as well. If US is your area of choice, then your decision might lean slightly towards Tuck.

I voted for LBS! London + opportunity to visit european cities at my hearts desire + significantly higher % of international student = LBS rocks, haha!

Having lived in London and currently attending Tuck, first there is tons to do in Hanover / the Upper Valley ranging from great hiking and running trails, amazing skiing (best on the East Coast), a wide array of festivals every weekend. I have not been bored yet.

In terms of consulting, Tuck is a clear winner here, particularly if you want to work in the U.S. (over 21% of Tuckies from the class of 2014 went to MBB alone). Additionally, from my class (2016), we had the second best placement into MBB London, behind only LBS. So for consulting, if you 100% want to be in London then maybe LBS is a better choice. If you want to work in MBB in the U.S., Asia, South America, etc go with Tuck. Happy to discuss further if you want to PM me.
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [0]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
Congrats for both schools.

I can't agree more with the above. Only I want to draw your attention about visa requirement in the UK as I know that there are restrictions for international students.

good luck
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
Kudos
I vote Tuck! Tuck gives you endless opportunities in the US, Europe and Asia while LBS will give you limited offerings in the US. London might seem like the more attractive city but I believe that Hanover will provide a truly immersive and transformative MBA experience.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V46
Send PM
Kudos
Abdge..... just wanted to provide another input. i agree with most things that people are saying, however, H-1B visa is VERY HARD to get for international applications, especially from the indian demographic. I know this by first hand experience and several of my peers had to take job in Canada because they couldn't secure H-1B visa on time. Also, keep in mind that H-1B visa is given on a quota basis and there are A LOT of Indians vying for small piece of the pie. I found an article on Times of India that I think you will find interesting.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech ... 847958.cms

Business school is as much about the education you will receive, as it is about ensuring you get a job right away after school. I have no doubt that LBS and Tuck will get you good jobs, but H-1B can be an issue. Also bare in mind that once you get an employment visa in England, you can work any where in the European Union. I feel this is another advantage of LBS.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 95 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Shakandbake wrote:
Abdge..... just wanted to provide another input. i agree with most things that people are saying, however, H-1B visa is VERY HARD to get for international applications, especially from the indian demographic. I know this by first hand experience and several of my peers had to take job in Canada because they couldn't secure H-1B visa on time. Also, keep in mind that H-1B visa is given on a quota basis and there are A LOT of Indians vying for small piece of the pie. I found an article on Times of India that I think you will find interesting.

Business school is as much about the education you will receive, as it is about ensuring you get a job right away after school. I have no doubt that LBS and Tuck will get you good jobs, but H-1B can be an issue. Also bare in mind that once you get an employment visa in England, you can work any where in the European Union. I feel this is another advantage of LBS.

This is incorrect. Once (after many years post-MBA) you get PLR you can, but not for a very long time.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Leadership, International Business
GPA: 4
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
London Business School Vs Tuck Business School [#permalink]
Flyte wrote:
Shakandbake wrote:

This is incorrect. Once (after many years post-MBA) you get PLR you can, but not for a very long time.

Employment VISA in England, allows to work in UK only, not in other European country
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Check out your key expectations to reality on LSB from lifestyle to employer opportunities available in ShortlistB app. You might get an idea of what you can expect from LSB. My choice would be LSB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I went to Tuck and would highly recommend it. There is a very strong community focused atmosphere which lends itself very well to students with families. The graduate housing for families, Sachem Village, is excellent and a lot of fun. The Tuck Partners and Tiny Tucker's groups are great as well. As far as reputation goes, Tuck is in the top cohort.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [2]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Kyllie wrote:
I went to Tuck and would highly recommend it. There is a very strong community focused atmosphere which lends itself very well to students with families. The graduate housing for families, Sachem Village, is excellent and a lot of fun. The Tuck Partners and Tiny Tucker's groups are great as well. As far as reputation goes, Tuck is in the top cohort.

You said you were preparing for TOEFL here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/best-toefl-i ... 98-20.html

Are you a spammer or troll :-)

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
It all comes down to whether you want to stay in the US or not.

- If you want to stay in the US, go for Tuck, I also understand that they've completed the STEM certification, so a clear winner there.
- If you want to work in EU, ME or Asia, go for LBS.

Going from LBS to the US will be a pain, but on the flipside they have a bigger footprint in other geographies. If you're undecided, I'd possibly choose Tuck, as you might have more options carrying the Dartmouth brand to the places LBS is definitely stronger.

They are similar schools in terms of prestige, so it shouldn't be a deciding factor. Plus it's hard to get a definitive answer, as most of us in this forum have biases depending on whether we look at it from a US or EU B-school perspective.

Best of luck!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts