Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:21 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.87
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: McDonough Class of 2020 - Calling all Waitlisted Students [#permalink]
Expert Reply
ShantanuSinha wrote:
Narenn, Thank your for your initiatives to arrange for Q&A sessions with current students.
Can you help bring one such webinar for Waitlist Applicants to Georgetown MBA.

Thank you for creating a thread for Georgetown waitlisters. I've PMed a few members who got in to Georgetown from waitlist in recent years (Copied you in the PM). We'll plan a chat session if anyone them agrees to participate in the chat.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
ShantanuSinha wrote:
Narenn, Thank your for your initiatives to arrange for Q&A sessions with current students.

Thank you for creating a thread for Georgetown waitlisters. I've PMed a few members who got in to Georgetown from waitlist in recent years (Copied you in the PM). We'll plan a chat session if anyone them agrees to participate in the chat.

Thank you Narenn, Looking forward to it.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Any update?? Do waitlisted candidates get invite for hoya happy hours? I have submitted my waitlist essay, anyone else done with that??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 610 Q43 V31
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
ShantanuSinha wrote:
Guys lets open up.
I have a question. Regarding the Waitlist essay, when do we need to submit one. By 2nd Round deadline??

Also can I provide another recommendation letter??

Waitlisted today; I’ve read through some of the links and guidance above, but I’m still unclear if it’s appropriate to provide another recommendation letter for McDonough. Can anyone who’s had success getting off the waitlist speak to this and/or PM me any other helpful info?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Hi,

I got wait listed yesterday.

shantanu Sinha, as per your previous posts in this blog, is there any defined timeline to submit the wait list essay?

Also, has any discussion taken place with a current MBA student at GU who got off the waitlist as per the thread above?

Thanking you,
Rohan
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Waitlisted as well. What is the deadline to submit a waitlist essay? Does another recommendation help? Does McDonough do feedback sessions (I know Darden does)? Last, what are the chances of an international applicant getting off the waitlist in R2?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
rohan1093 wrote:
Hi,

I got wait listed yesterday.

shantanu Sinha, as per your previous posts in this blog, is there any defined timeline to submit the wait list essay?

Also, has any discussion taken place with a current MBA student at GU who got off the waitlist as per the thread above?

Thanking you,
Rohan

Hello Rohan,

You need to submit waitlist essay before the next deadline. But I would suggest to do it a bit early so that the adcom has time to review ur essay.

I couldn't get a chance to connect with students who got admitted from waitlist. Narenn tried but no one showed up. Maybe we all can try something and get a session scheduled with last year waitlist students.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manvreddy wrote:
Waitlisted as well. What is the deadline to submit a waitlist essay? Does another recommendation help? Does McDonough do feedback sessions (I know Darden does)? Last, what are the chances of an international applicant getting off the waitlist in R2?

Deadline is next decision date. McDonough doesn't provide feedback I suppose. I would be happy if they do.

Regarding the chances, I would say it depends on how much effort you put it. Its a fair game..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
ShantanuSinha wrote:

Hi Narenn,

We all here have questions on how to make it to Georgetown from a waitlist. It would be very helpful if you can help organize a session with last year admitted Georgetown Students who got off the waitlist.

Thanks and Regards,
Shantanu
Manager
Manager
Send PM
tlockee wrote:
ShantanuSinha wrote:
Guys lets open up.
I have a question. Regarding the Waitlist essay, when do we need to submit one. By 2nd Round deadline??

Also can I provide another recommendation letter??

Waitlisted today; I’ve read through some of the links and guidance above, but I’m still unclear if it’s appropriate to provide another recommendation letter for McDonough. Can anyone who’s had success getting off the waitlist speak to this and/or PM me any other helpful info?

Posted from my mobile device

I am not sure whether to provide an extra recommendation. As I have read on various forums and several consultancy sites, they all recommend to provide only what is asked. To be sure about it, you can check with adcom once and share with us. I didn't provide any extra recommendation.

Though I am still on waitlist in R2 decisions, but as helpful tips I would suggest to dig into ur application and find gaps and improvement areas.. That would help you present to Georgetown a better version of yourself.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Hi Shantanu,

Are you sure about the wait list submission deadline? ( ie. of it being on the next decision date?)

I applied in Round 2 and my decision was released last week. The R3 application deadline is 2nd April and notification date is 15th May. Please let me know if the date to submit the wait listed essay is the application deadline or the notification deadline.

Also, the wait list letter asked me to accept my intention to stay on the wait list by 30th march. This doesnt include submission of the essay right? Request your guidance in this ( Please let me know if you've confirmed this with the ad com)

If anybody else knows anything about this, please assist as soon as possible.

Thanking you,
Rohan
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.39
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
rohan1093 wrote:
Hi Shantanu,

Are you sure about the wait list submission deadline? ( ie. of it being on the next decision date?)

I applied in Round 2 and my decision was released last week. The R3 application deadline is 2nd April and notification date is 15th May. Please let me know if the date to submit the wait listed essay is the application deadline or the notification deadline.

Also, the wait list letter asked me to accept my intention to stay on the wait list by 30th march. This doesnt include submission of the essay right? Request your guidance in this ( Please let me know if you've confirmed this with the ad com)

Thanking you,
Rohan

Hi, all waitlisted candidates.
I am also waitlisted to McDonough school and eagerly seeking a chance to get off the waitlist.
Last night, I have emailed the admissions committee about the waitlist essay submission deadline and am waiting for school's reply.
Since I am unclear when the school would reply, I would be prepared with the essay in advance.

As soon as I get a reply, I would post here and share. All the best to the waitlisted!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
lego2020 wrote:
rohan1093 wrote:
Hi Shantanu,

Thanking you,
Rohan

I am also waitlisted to McDonough school and eagerly seeking a chance to get off the waitlist.
Last night, I have emailed the admissions committee about the waitlist essay submission deadline and am waiting for school's reply.
Since I am unclear when the school would reply, I would be prepared with the essay in advance.

As soon as I get a reply, I would post here and share. All the best to the waitlisted!

Hello, folks.
Last night, I received the response from the school about waitlist essay&supplementary materials submission deadline.
I would quote the Admissions team's response below.:
"Waitlisted materials should be submitted to our office no later than May 15th."

ShantanuSinha 's previous post was exactly guiding us that the submission deadline is the next DECISION date.
I was quite relieved as I get to know the date (May 15th, not April 2nd.) because I thought the time till April 2nd wasn't enough for me to dive deeper into my candidacy. But now I could do better time management on this. I hope this information helps.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
lego2020 wrote:
lego2020 wrote:
rohan1093 wrote:
Hi Shantanu,

Thanking you,
Rohan

Hello, folks.
Last night, I received the response from the school about waitlist essay&supplementary materials submission deadline.
"Waitlisted materials should be submitted to our office no later than May 15th."

ShantanuSinha 's previous post was exactly guiding us that the submission deadline is the next DECISION date.
I was quite relieved as I get to know the date (May 15th, not April 2nd.) because I thought the time till April 2nd wasn't enough for me to dive deeper into my candidacy. But now I could do better time management on this. I hope this information helps.

lego2020, it seems you misread my comments. My post was exactly guiding everyone in the right direction. As I mentioned earlier, submission deadline is next decision date. Seems that you got confused with decision and submission deadlines.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
lego2020 wrote:
lego2020 wrote:
rohan1093 wrote:
Hi Shantanu,

Thanking you,
Rohan

Hello, folks.

Did the adcom invited you for an interview before releasing the waitlist decision? Did the adcom shared any other information over the mail regarding the waitlist applicants??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Quote:

Did the adcom invited you for an interview before releasing the waitlist decision? Did the adcom shared any other information over the mail regarding the waitlist applicants??

Hello, ShantanuSinha.

First, what I was saying on my previous post was "your guidence was exact." So please do not take it wrong~!! :-)

Second, no, I haven't been invited so far. Before the waitlist decision, I was quite expecting to get one, because the adcom contacted me over the email and requested further info. related to my resume. But the school's decision was waitlist. (which I still feel thrilled, though. One more chance!!)

Third, no further info. was delivered through the email. It was just my one simple question(about the submission deadline) and adcom's straight answer for it.

I hope I covered all your questions. All the best!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
lego2020 wrote:
Quote:

Hello, ShantanuSinha.

First, what I was saying on my previous post was "your guidence was exact." So please do not take it wrong~!! :-)

Second, no, I haven't been invited so far. Before the waitlist decision, I was quite expecting to get one, because the adcom contacted me over the email and requested further info. related to my resume. But the school's decision was waitlist. (which I still feel thrilled, though. One more chance!!)

Third, no further info. was delivered through the email. It was just my one simple question(about the submission deadline) and adcom's straight answer for it.

I hope I covered all your questions. All the best!!

By any chance you had a talk with any of the waitlisted students who got admitted?
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts