GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Apr 2019, 17:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

McDonough Class of 2021: Calling all Admitted Students

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: McDonough Class of 2021: Calling all Admitted Students  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2019, 11:54
Hey, could you please send across the WhatsApp link? I received an admit today in r2. I'm not on Facebook so wouldn't be able to join using that.
BSchool Forum Moderator
G
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2019, 12:32
Please send me the WhatsApp link as well. Thanks

Posted from my mobile device

Practice makes you perfect.

Kudos are appreciated.
Current Student
P
WE: General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
McDonough Class of 2021: Calling all Admitted Students  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2019, 12:38
Top Contributor
Congratulations to all the R2 admits. All the very best to everyone who is making a decision on which school to attend.

If you guys have any questions about the program, school, career, and life at McDonough, please reach out to me.

Regards,
GNPTH.
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2019, 12:39
Please join the Facebook group from the MBA Welcomes website given on your admissions offer. This is just for verification purposes.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/mcdonough-cl ... l#p2194274

I also did the same. :)
malmrina wrote:
Hey, could you please send across the WhatsApp link? I received an admit today in r2. I'm not on Facebook so wouldn't be able to join using that.
Current Student
P

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2019, 12:43
Top Contributor
RR13 wrote:

Hi GNPTH,

Does Georgetown offer graduate students (including MBAs) to live on campus?

On Rosslyn / Arlington, is it possible to rent an apartment with cost lower than $1,200?

Thank you.

Best Regards,
RR

Hi RR,

Sorry, I missed your message. Yes, it is possible to get. But it depends. Mostly many students pay anywhere between $800 to $2000 per month depending on the location, your personal preference and if you want a roommate.

Regards,
GNPTH.
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.41

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2019, 12:46
Hi !! Can someone please share the link to join the admitted students whatsapp group? thanks!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2019, 12:53
chadu2012 - I'm not on FB.
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q160 V158
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2019, 02:16
Gnpth wrote:
Congratulations to all the R2 admits. All the very best to everyone who is making a decision on which school to attend.

If you guys have any questions about the program, school, career, and life at McDonough, please reach out to me.

Regards,
GNPTH.

Hi GNPTH,

I was admitted in R2 to the Flex (evening) program at McDonough. A few questions for you:

-Next weekend is the welcome weekend on campus for R2 admits. Seems like a great weekend is planned. Is this something you attended when you were accepted? Could you share your experience? Additionally, should events like this be treated as business casual or business professional dress?

-Would you be able to detail or specify the key differences between a FT and PT student at McDonough? Outside of taking fewer classes, would you consider PT students as having access to the same resources and opportunities as FT students? Is it possible for PT students to interview or have access to internships the way FT students would, even though PT already are working jobs? In your opinion, how do you think the faculty and advisors also cater to PT students in order for these students to get their ROI? Can PT students intern and accept offers through McDonough’s career services and transition from their current jobs?

-What would you recommendations or must-dos prior to classes/orientation starting? The website does a great job in presenting a checklist, but from your experience, what would be your number one piece of advice?

-What is the typical class like at McDonough? Are most classes lectured and case-study based? Group projects? How would you say the workload is outside of the classroom, both individually and group? Do PT and FT students take classes together?

-Lastly, what type of laptop would you recommend for McDonough? The school seems to suggest the Lenovo Thinkpad. Likewise, how much can we expect to spend on textbooks/course materials? Are these something students have to find and purchase on their own or does McDonough offer at least some assistance in that regard?

Thanks, GNPTH. Looking forward to hear your responses and hopefully this will help some admits!

EDIT: One more thing GNPTH. I notice that part of orientation, there is an "off-site" three day weekend August 9th-11th, with overnight stays. Could you share any more about this? As a Flex student, I assume we would have to take off from work to attend the Friday portion, but I wasn't entirely sure where the site actually was.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2019, 02:35
What's a typical day look like in the life of McDonough Full-time MBA Student? Check the following article by a current student.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/a-day-in-lif ... 92145.html

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2019, 08:21
Top Contributor
sirevd1092 wrote:

Hi GNPTH,

I was admitted in R2 to the Flex (evening) program at McDonough. A few questions for you:

-Next weekend is the welcome weekend on campus for R2 admits. Seems like a great weekend is planned. Is this something you attended when you were accepted? Could you share your experience? Additionally, should events like this be treated as business casual or business professional dress?

-Would you be able to detail or specify the key differences between a FT and PT student at McDonough? Outside of taking fewer classes, would you consider PT students as having access to the same resources and opportunities as FT students? Is it possible for PT students to interview or have access to internships the way FT students would, even though PT already are working jobs? In your opinion, how do you think the faculty and advisors also cater to PT students in order for these students to get their ROI? Can PT students intern and accept offers through McDonough’s career services and transition from their current jobs?

-What would you recommendations or must-dos prior to classes/orientation starting? The website does a great job in presenting a checklist, but from your experience, what would be your number one piece of advice?

-What is the typical class like at McDonough? Are most classes lectured and case-study based? Group projects? How would you say the workload is outside of the classroom, both individually and group? Do PT and FT students take classes together?

-Lastly, what type of laptop would you recommend for McDonough? The school seems to suggest the Lenovo Thinkpad. Likewise, how much can we expect to spend on textbooks/course materials? Are these something students have to find and purchase on their own or does McDonough offer at least some assistance in that regard?

Thanks, GNPTH. Looking forward to hear your responses and hopefully this will help some admits!

EDIT: One more thing GNPTH. I notice that part of orientation, there is an "off-site" three day weekend August 9th-11th, with overnight stays. Could you share any more about this? As a Flex student, I assume we would have to take off from work to attend the Friday portion, but I wasn't entirely sure where the site actually was.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Happy to help. Here are my answers to your questions.

1. Welcome weekend is fun. At least I heard for my friends who attended it. I went to welcome weekend for the class of 2021 to answer any questions they have. Most people wear either Business Professional or Business casual. It is your choice though. You will be sitting in a class to experience how MBA classes are conducted and they do provide certain details about the Agenda of the day/ weekend.

2. Full time vs PT: I take certain classes with the Evening/PT students. There is no difference in the class materials. Maybe a different professor but they teach the same concept. The career center is accessible for all MBA students. They will certainly help the PT students as well in terms of Full-Time and Internship recruitment. Reach out to the program office and ask for an advisor in your chosen career path(consulting, tech etc). They will be able to help you talk to them about this in detail with an advisor.

3. Must-Dos: They normally provide certain 101 courses before you start your opening term. All online. Go through those. I also went through certain basics of economics concepts and finance/accounting concepts.

4. Typical Class: It is a mix of Cases, Lecture, and discussions. We do have group projects for certain subjects. The workload for FT might be easier since we do not have full-time jobs. It all comes down to time management if you have a family, job and doing an MBA program. The FT & PT students take classes together but only Electives, not core subjects. FT students take core with their FT cohorts.

5. Laptops & Books: Many use a different type of laptops. In school, it is mostly Thinkpad. I would also recommend looking into Dell XPS(2019 version). Students buy books, HBR cases, and other course material if needed.

6. Off-site weekend for Flex Program: I am not sure about this. Since the Flex program is very new. I would definitely check with the Admission team or Program office to get more information about the weekend events. I think it will be great. As FT students, we did not have this weekend overnight trip.

Please feel to ask any further questions you may have.

Regards,
GNPTH.
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q39 V40
GMAT 2: 660 Q44 V37
GPA: 2.91
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2019, 19:17
Hey guys, anyone on here have a connection with the facebook page? My request has been pending for a few days.

Also, where is everyone staying for the welcome weekend?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: McDonough Class of 2021: Calling all Admitted Students   [#permalink] 31 Mar 2019, 19:17

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 31 posts ] 

McDonough Class of 2021: Calling all Admitted Students

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Gnpth

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap