It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 07:58

STARTING SOON:

Live Chat with Cornell Adcoms in Main Chat Room  |  R1 Interview Invites: MIT Sloan Chat  |  UCLA Anderson Chat  |  Duke Fuqua Chat (EA Decisions)

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 0

Schools: MIT-LGO '19 (M)
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2017, 17:00
GradQueen wrote:
ADC4 wrote:
GradQueen wrote:
[quote="ADC4"]Sure, will do.

Thanks for the kind words; I'm both excited and nervous about the upcoming interview...

I am rooting for you ADC4. You'll do great!

I am going to wait for you to let me know once the interview slots are full. After that point, I shall pay my deposit to Stanford and call it a day, cz I don't believe in miracles... Their program is 3 years for the MS/MBA... And I've always believed I'd make a better fit at MIT.

You got into Stanford's MS/MBA program? Congrats; that's such a great backup choice to have!!

Wouldn't call it a back up. It was my first choice for a long time, until I heard of LGO. I was late to the party for LGO, did my application in 3 weeks.. Maybe this works for the best since I already live in the bay area. I did my bachelors from Stanford too so I wanted a different university experience. Gonna wait till the end of the 10th and to get a conformation that all interview slots are filled before I pay the deposit and move forward.[/quote]

Yeah, it's always nice to do advanced degrees at a different university than undergrad, but Stanford's program still sounds great!

I'll keep checking the portal and will let you know when all of the interview spots have been claimed.

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 9

GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2017, 17:06
ADC4 wrote:
Yeah, it's always nice to do advanced degrees at a different university than undergrad, but Stanford's program still sounds great!

I'll keep checking the portal and will let you know when all of the interview spots have been claimed.

Thanks so much. Look forward to an update. Kinda curious though how come there are just 80 slots to interview. And if in fact, all invites were sent out, I am shocked there are as many as 19 people who have not bothered to reserve their slots as of yet.. With the current scenario, ~48 seats and 61 candidates makes for a very good ratio to crack through!

Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2017, 17:17
GradQueen wrote:
ADC4 wrote:

Thanks so much. Look forward to an update. Kinda curious though how come there are just 80 slots to interview. And if in fact, all invites were sent out, I am shocked there are as many as 19 people who have not bothered to reserve their slots as of yet.. With the current scenario, ~48 seats and 61 candidates makes for a very good ratio to crack through!

Well 80 is a rough guess, since it looked like they were offering about 20 slots maximum on each of the 4 interview days. I'm also guessing that the admissions committee has factored in a certain number of people who they know won't be able to do on-campus interviews (i.e. overseas applicants, active-duty military etc). These applicants might be completing their interviews outside of the presented time slots in the portal.

The fact that there are still 19 slots available is surprising, since I would've thought that most people would move quickly to reserve their preferred time.

Manager
Manager
B

Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2017, 17:25
ADC4 wrote:
Well 80 is a rough guess, since it looked like they were offering about 20 slots maximum on each of the 4 interview days. I'm also guessing that the admissions committee has factored in a certain number of people who they know won't be able to do on-campus interviews (i.e. overseas applicants, active-duty military etc). These applicants might be completing their interviews outside of the presented time slots in the portal.

The fact that there are still 19 slots available is surprising, since I would've thought that most people would move quickly to reserve their preferred time.

Interesting. I surely think they'd keep as many in person slots as the number of invites they send out. Assuming 19 people are international pr active-duty, yet 80 candidates seems a bit less. Curious. Keep us posted :shock:

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 41

Concentration: Technology, Other
Schools: MIT-LGO '19 (D)
GPA: 3.89
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2017, 18:43
GradQueen wrote:
ADC4 wrote:

Interesting. I surely think they'd keep as many in person slots as the number of invites they send out. Assuming 19 people are international pr active-duty, yet 80 candidates seems a bit less. Curious. Keep us posted :shock:

I just signed up. Been a bit busy today. There were 18 slots before I booked my slot. And all Friday was booked like ADC said. Now there are 17 left. I choose to do mine on Monday, but am going to stay the whole weekend. I'm really excited for the plant tours and the classes. If there are 100 candidates, that's so much less than I thought. Makes chances more like 1 out of 2...

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 9

Concentration: Technology
GRE 1: 327 Q165 V162
WE: Engineering (Consumer Electronics)

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2017, 19:12
GradQueen wrote:
ADC4 wrote:

Dude Stanford MBA/MS is already huge, does it really take 3 years to do? If that's too long maybe just do the MBA instead.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2017, 19:14
Hopeful2018 wrote:
I just signed up. Been a bit busy today. There were 18 slots before I booked my slot. And all Friday was booked like ADC said. Now there are 17 left. I choose to do mine on Monday, but am going to stay the whole weekend. I'm really excited for the plant tours and the classes. If there are 100 candidates, that's so much less than I thought. Makes chances more like 1 out of 2...

Well, I am hoping they'd try to fill those out 17 or so slots with people who'd interview in person once they are certain everyone else is doing skype interviews. How many slots are there each day in total 20 or 25? A +/- 5 count per day could change the total tally over the 4 days largely.

I continue to hope till 4 30pm EST on 10th Jan..

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2017, 19:19
djokovicwu wrote:

Dude Stanford MBA/MS is already huge, does it really take 3 years to do? If that's too long maybe just do the MBA instead.

I know GSB is awesome and to be honest, I am more keen on the MS part. Even for MIT, I applied from the SOE, not Sloan.. And yes, it does take 3 years (9 quarters minus the summers) to finish. LGO is much better planned than Stanford's dual program.

Over a chat with Hopeful2018, I mentioned I don't think I'd apply to LGO next year cz if they don't give me a shot this time around, I won't waste a shot at Stanford.. I have always believed that for MS MIT>>Stanford while for MBA, GSB>>>>Sloan. But my inclination is towards the school with the better MS. Its heartbreaking to not receive an interview from MIT.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 3

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2017, 19:40
I haven't claimed a spot for interviews and will be requesting a Skype one. Unfortunately I just can't make the trip work, but I hope it doesn't totally screw over my chances.

Anyone know if anyone who did Skype interviews last year actually got an admit?

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 3

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 37 [1], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2017, 19:46
This post received
KUDOS
ChemEng2013 wrote:
I haven't claimed a spot for interviews and will be requesting a Skype one. Unfortunately I just can't make the trip work, but I hope it doesn't totally screw over my chances.

Anyone know if anyone who did Skype interviews last year actually got an admit?

I don't think it will hurt your chances. They know a trip to Cambridge is just not possible for everyone and a Skype interview should suffice. I wouldn't worry about it.

Kudos [?]: 37 [1], given: 0

Manager
Manager
B

Concentration: Technology, Other
Schools: MIT-LGO '19 (D)
GPA: 3.89

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2017, 22:47
GradQueen wrote:
djokovicwu wrote:

I know GSB is awesome and to be honest, I am more keen on the MS part. Even for MIT, I applied from the SOE, not Sloan.. And yes, it does take 3 years (9 quarters minus the summers) to finish. LGO is much better planned than Stanford's dual program.

Over a chat with Hopeful2018, I mentioned I don't think I'd apply to LGO next year cz if they don't give me a shot this time around, I won't waste a shot at Stanford.. I have always believed that for MS MIT>>Stanford while for MBA, GSB>>>>Sloan. But my inclination is towards the school with the better MS. Its heartbreaking to not receive an interview from MIT.

Don't give up yet. They still had invites a few days late last year. It sounds like you have a great shot at Stanford though. And if it's not your dream, you could always apply to MIT next year. I understand the heartbreak of not getting in. I'm still so skeptical. I went through the forum for last year and there were still 3 people who interviewed and didn't get accepted. I'm being cautiously optimistic.

It looked like the spots for Tuesday were less than the other days, I only saw 4 spaces I believe, but those could have been taken by people wanting to interview that day.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2017, 22:59
I won't be applying next year as we already clarified. Maybe my experience is too low by sloans standard. It was also a major issue for GSB but they are going young this time around. So did the remaining spots get filled up?

Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2017, 23:05
GradQueen wrote:
I won't be applying next year as we already clarified. Maybe my experience is too low by sloans standard. It was also a major issue for GSB but they are going young this time around. So did the remaining spots get filled up?

17 spots left

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2017, 23:15
Ah. Do update if they fill up! Good luck to you all!

Manager
Manager
B

Concentration: Technology
GRE 1: 327 Q165 V162
WE: Engineering (Consumer Electronics)

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2017, 23:45
GradQueen wrote:
djokovicwu wrote:

I feel similarly, I'm also more interested in the MS side. LGO is the only MBA program I applied to.

What field are you?

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.88

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2017, 02:27
Congratulations to everybody who got an interview!

Seems like almost everybody here got one except for me. :( Any other disappointed souls here?

Probably time to put this behind me and move on?

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GRE 1: 317 Q162 V155
GPA: 3.8
WE: General Management (Other)

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2017, 02:41
MITLGOhopeful wrote:

Seems like almost everybody here got one except for me. :( Any other disappointed souls here?

Haven't got one either but I think (hope) there are still more invitations to be sent. Over the past few years there seem to have been a handful that were sent out after the communicated date. *fingers crossed* for the rest of us!

Intern
Intern
B

Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2017, 02:53
kplu1 wrote:
MITLGOhopeful wrote:

Haven't got one either but I think (hope) there are still more invitations to be sent. Over the past few years there seem to have been a handful that were sent out after the communicated date. *fingers crossed* for the rest of us!

As much as I want to keep my hopes up, the fact that there are only 18 interview slots left isn't all that promising. So....did you apply for R2 at other schools?

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GRE 1: 317 Q162 V155
GPA: 3.8
WE: General Management (Other)

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2017, 03:09
MITLGOhopeful wrote:
kplu1 wrote:
MITLGOhopeful wrote:

As much as I want to keep my hopes up, the fact that there are only 18 interview slots left isn't all that promising. So....did you apply for R2 at other schools?

I agree, the number of interview slots left is a bit worrying. Yes, I applied for R2 at all the other US schools and R3 at Judge. Is it just LGO you've applied to?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2017, 03:22
kplu1 wrote:
I agree, the number of interview slots left is a bit worrying. Yes, I applied for R2 at all the other US schools and R3 at Judge. Is it just LGO you've applied to?

Yep, the only one I am applying to. It's all because I am looking to make a career switch into the AI startup industry. I just can't see any other program except Stanford's MBA that could help me achieve my switch. I didn't apply to Stanford b/c I know I am not their type.

Oh well, I am turning 30 this year. So if I don't get in, I am probably getting too old for a MBA anyway. I will need to somehow find a way to penetrate that industry without the help of LGO, though it's going to be very tough to pull off given my current geography and background. :|

Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!   [#permalink] 09 Jan 2017, 03:22

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  34    Next  [ 677 posts ] 

Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap