Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:29 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
WE:General Management (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]
msaurabh76 wrote:
Dear members, happy to share my good news. Got acceptance email today. India-40-R1-Pre-interview with panel member in Sep at Mumbai - Interview at MIT in mid Nov with Adcom - Skype call with program director in Dec 1st week - admission acceptance 9th Dec. Thrilled and looking forward. Best of luck to each one of you .

Congratulations! This group was quite for a while! Hopefully others will soon provide updates and share their experiences!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]
EZBZ wrote:
msaurabh76 wrote:
Dear members, happy to share my good news. Got acceptance email today. India-40-R1-Pre-interview with panel member in Sep at Mumbai - Interview at MIT in mid Nov with Adcom - Skype call with program director in Dec 1st week - admission acceptance 9th Dec. Thrilled and looking forward. Best of luck to each one of you .

Congratulations! This group was quite for a while! Hopefully others will soon provide updates and share their experiences!

Hi Saurabh!

I think most of us who haven't yet heard from the school would be interested to know when did you submit the application in R1 (date) and when did you receive the email for interview (date)?

Rgds,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Did a campus visit in Oct 2015 on invitation...however that year I could not apply due to work reasons.
Applied before R1 deadline of 26 Sep.
Had a pre-interview meeting with adcom in Mumbai few days before R1 deadline.
Got an interview intimation around 8th or 9th Nov. Got interviewed in MIT campus by adcom on 15th Nov.
Notified on 17th Nov for my skype call with program director.
Skype call on 3rd Dec.
Acceptance intimation on 9th Dec.

Hope this helps. Best wishes
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
Schools: LBS
GPA: 3.82
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
msaurabh76 wrote:
Did a campus visit in Oct 2015 on invitation...however that year I could not apply due to work reasons.
Got an interview intimation around 8th or 9th Nov. Got interviewed in MIT campus by adcom on 15th Nov.
Skype call on 3rd Dec.

Awesome ! Congratulations. I've submitted for R2. waiting for the interview decision.!!

How was your interview experience?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
msaurabh76 wrote:
Skype call on 3rd Dec.

Thanks for this Saurabh! I guess R2 applicants then have to wait till last week of December to hear about the interview decision.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
Just received an invite to interview! Applied in R2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
Send PM
msaurabh76 wrote:
Skype call on 3rd Dec.

Is the call with the program director part of the process or was that unique to your situation?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
The call with program director was not unique to my situation. It appears that all who were directly interviewed by Mr.Stephen Sacca will not have a separate call again with him ( of course!). However, if any other member from adcom panel does your primary interview, it is typically followed with a call with Stephen....mostly Skype...unless you cross path in your country or in MIT campus. The journey is long and winded...but if you are successful ..you enjoy it even more on hindsight :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
msaurabh76 wrote:

Congrats Saurabh! Thank you for the wishes.

Others - has anybody received received off campus (international) interview invite for R2?

Update - 19 Dec: To answer my own question, received an interview invite this morning. Can someone from R1 post general feedback on interview theme please?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
My R1 experience that you asked:
The ADCOM interview was centred around the essays. Asked for more examples than what was mentioned in the essay to see a pattern of behavior. Sought precision clarity on personal objectives and how MIT can be of help. Questions on conflict management, team and leadership styles.
Subsequent interview with program director was finer details on the discussion with ADCOM member. Questions on fitment, clarity, two way benefit to the individual and cohort, short & mid term. Just be yourself and speak out naturally.
There are at least 20 more who have already been given final offer. However, they seem not to be very active in this forum.
Hope this helps.
Cheers and all the best
Saurabh
Manager
Manager
Send PM
msaurabh76 wrote:
My R1 experience that you asked:
The ADCOM interview was centred around the essays. Asked for more examples than what was mentioned in the essay to see a pattern of behavior. Sought precision clarity on personal objectives and how MIT can be of help. Questions on conflict management, team and leadership styles.
Subsequent interview with program director was finer details on the discussion with ADCOM member. Questions on fitment, clarity, two way benefit to the individual and cohort, short & mid term. Just be yourself and speak out naturally.
There are at least 20 more who have already been given final offer. However, they seem not to be very active in this forum.
Hope this helps.
Cheers and all the best
Saurabh

Was the first interview with a member of the Adcom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Hi.. Applied in R2 on the deadline date, got my interview invite today .. excited and looking forward to it :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi , I have applied on the last day of R2.. haven't received the interview call yet :-(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
WE:General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
My application was reviewed in R2. Last week I got an email inviting me for an interview. Any tips? I am an international applicant.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
msaurabh76 wrote:
Skype call on 3rd Dec.

Can you share the deposit amount and when it is due?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
The deposit amount is 10k USD which is adjustable against total tuition fees. I did it in first 15 days of receiving my final acceptance. Do not remember the allowance period. You can shoot a mail to adcom. Thx
Manager
Manager
Send PM
msaurabh76 wrote:
The deposit amount is 10k USD which is adjustable against total tuition fees. I did it in first 15 days of receiving my final acceptance. Do not remember the allowance period. You can shoot a mail to adcom. Thx

Thanks. The adcom said admits have 10 business days to decide to accept the offer and submit the $10k.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts