It is currently 16 Aug 2017, 16:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2016, 21:58
msaurabh76 wrote:
No documents are needed for the interview.

Ok, earlier MIT used to request for official transcripts from colleges in a sealed cover. Looks like this has changed.

Sent from my Lenovo A7010a48 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2016, 06:11
savarapu wrote:
msaurabh76 wrote:
No documents are needed for the interview.

Ok, earlier MIT used to request for official transcripts from colleges in a sealed cover. Looks like this has changed.

Sent from my Lenovo A7010a48 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Official transcripts are required to submit the application. There is no requirement to carry them for an interview.

2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [2] , given: 1

WE: General Management (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2016, 22:51
This post received
KUDOS
Dear members, happy to share my good news. Got acceptance email today. India-40-R1-Pre-interview with panel member in Sep at Mumbai - Interview at MIT in mid Nov with Adcom - Skype call with program director in Dec 1st week - admission acceptance 9th Dec. Thrilled and looking forward. Best of luck to each one of you .

Kudos [?]: 4 [2] , given: 1

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2016, 23:10
msaurabh76 wrote:
Dear members, happy to share my good news. Got acceptance email today. India-40-R1-Pre-interview with panel member in Sep at Mumbai - Interview at MIT in mid Nov with Adcom - Skype call with program director in Dec 1st week - admission acceptance 9th Dec. Thrilled and looking forward. Best of luck to each one of you .

Congratulations! This group was quite for a while! Hopefully others will soon provide updates and share their experiences!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2016, 01:32
EZBZ wrote:
msaurabh76 wrote:

Congratulations! This group was quite for a while! Hopefully others will soon provide updates and share their experiences!

Hi Saurabh!

I think most of us who haven't yet heard from the school would be interested to know when did you submit the application in R1 (date) and when did you receive the email for interview (date)?

Rgds,

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2016, 09:53
Did a campus visit in Oct 2015 on invitation...however that year I could not apply due to work reasons.
Applied before R1 deadline of 26 Sep.
Had a pre-interview meeting with adcom in Mumbai few days before R1 deadline.
Got an interview intimation around 8th or 9th Nov. Got interviewed in MIT campus by adcom on 15th Nov.
Notified on 17th Nov for my skype call with program director.
Skype call on 3rd Dec.
Acceptance intimation on 9th Dec.

Hope this helps. Best wishes

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 67

Concentration: General Management, Leadership
Schools: LBS
GPA: 3.82
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2016, 08:52
msaurabh76 wrote:
Did a campus visit in Oct 2015 on invitation...however that year I could not apply due to work reasons.
Got an interview intimation around 8th or 9th Nov. Got interviewed in MIT campus by adcom on 15th Nov.
Skype call on 3rd Dec.

Awesome ! Congratulations. I've submitted for R2. waiting for the interview decision.!!

How was your interview experience?

--

Consider +1 Kudos if you find my post useful

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 67

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2016, 08:56
msaurabh76 wrote:
Skype call on 3rd Dec.

Thanks for this Saurabh! I guess R2 applicants then have to wait till last week of December to hear about the interview decision.

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2016, 15:10
Just received an invite to interview! Applied in R2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2016, 19:56
msaurabh76 wrote:
Skype call on 3rd Dec.

Is the call with the program director part of the process or was that unique to your situation?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2016, 23:43
The call with program director was not unique to my situation. It appears that all who were directly interviewed by Mr.Stephen Sacca will not have a separate call again with him ( of course!). However, if any other member from adcom panel does your primary interview, it is typically followed with a call with Stephen....mostly Skype...unless you cross path in your country or in MIT campus. The journey is long and winded...but if you are successful ..you enjoy it even more on hindsight :-)

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 8

Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2016, 10:31
msaurabh76 wrote:

Congrats Saurabh! Thank you for the wishes.

Others - has anybody received received off campus (international) interview invite for R2?

Update - 19 Dec: To answer my own question, received an interview invite this morning. Can someone from R1 post general feedback on interview theme please?

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 8

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 1

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2016, 05:52
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
My R1 experience that you asked:
The ADCOM interview was centred around the essays. Asked for more examples than what was mentioned in the essay to see a pattern of behavior. Sought precision clarity on personal objectives and how MIT can be of help. Questions on conflict management, team and leadership styles.
Subsequent interview with program director was finer details on the discussion with ADCOM member. Questions on fitment, clarity, two way benefit to the individual and cohort, short & mid term. Just be yourself and speak out naturally.
There are at least 20 more who have already been given final offer. However, they seem not to be very active in this forum.
Hope this helps.
Cheers and all the best
Saurabh

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 1

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2016, 05:56
msaurabh76 wrote:
My R1 experience that you asked:
The ADCOM interview was centred around the essays. Asked for more examples than what was mentioned in the essay to see a pattern of behavior. Sought precision clarity on personal objectives and how MIT can be of help. Questions on conflict management, team and leadership styles.
Subsequent interview with program director was finer details on the discussion with ADCOM member. Questions on fitment, clarity, two way benefit to the individual and cohort, short & mid term. Just be yourself and speak out naturally.
There are at least 20 more who have already been given final offer. However, they seem not to be very active in this forum.
Hope this helps.
Cheers and all the best
Saurabh

Was the first interview with a member of the Adcom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2016, 14:07
Hi.. Applied in R2 on the deadline date, got my interview invite today .. excited and looking forward to it :)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2016, 09:40
Hi , I have applied on the last day of R2.. haven't received the interview call yet :-(

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2016, 23:13
My application was reviewed in R2. Last week I got an email inviting me for an interview. Any tips? I am an international applicant.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2016, 08:25
msaurabh76 wrote:
Skype call on 3rd Dec.

Can you share the deposit amount and when it is due?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2016, 22:36
The deposit amount is 10k USD which is adjustable against total tuition fees. I did it in first 15 days of receiving my final acceptance. Do not remember the allowance period. You can shoot a mail to adcom. Thx

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2017, 19:51
msaurabh76 wrote:
The deposit amount is 10k USD which is adjustable against total tuition fees. I did it in first 15 days of receiving my final acceptance. Do not remember the allowance period. You can shoot a mail to adcom. Thx

Thanks. The adcom said admits have 10 business days to decide to accept the offer and submit the $10k.

Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!   [#permalink] 03 Jan 2017, 19:51

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8    Next  [ 143 posts ]