Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:14 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
Send PM
Senior PS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 5206 [1]
Given Kudos: 47
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Re: Need GMAT advice [#permalink]
Kudos
Hello rahulbanerjee1992

Going by the information given I agree with the replies above. Given your IIM background (IIM = Indian IT Make :-D) as 710+ will give you some sort of spike. Also improve a bit on IR. An extremely low score does raise eyebrows.
Needless to say, that is but one piece of the admissions puzzle. Even though you are from an over-represented pool, you career progress and achievements could compensate for it, but in the absence of this info, best advice it re-take the GMAT. You will need to show a spike in at least 2 out of the 4 admission factors- Acads+WorkEx+Diversity+PostMBAGoals.

Best

Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
Quora
LinkedIn
info@mbakarma.com

rahulbanerjee1992 wrote:
I took my GMAT 3 days back. Got 680, which sort of falls within the range that I was expecting. But I got only 2 in IR. I found the IR section extremely tough, way tougher than the ones I got on GMATPrep tests. I got only 2 in IR.

How bad a position am I in, Is this going to seriously affect my entry?
I am taking another GMAT after 3 weeks, but if my score increases to 690 or 700, and my IR still turns out 2, is it going to do more harm to me than it will do good?

I am targeting Rotman School of Management(2019) mostly. If you have any colleges in mind, please do suggest. My main motive after B-school would be to seek employment, because of the student loan that I will need to take.

My current profile:
1. 3 years experience as a Software Developer at an IT MNC
2. 7.5/10 CGPA in Graduation(Bachelors in Computer Science)

I have worked as a Photographer for a few movie magazines & a columnist for a few other magazines, during college. I don't have any other special experience, and I am scared for the same. Please help with expert advice. Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
Send PM
Need GMAT advice [#permalink]
Thank you for taking time out to address my query, I will try to score above 680, but I myself don't think that I'd be able to hit that mark. I will try my best though. I got my official report back, and got 5 in AWA.

The other schools that I am considering are EDHEC, Rotterdam School of Management, HEC Paris, IESE, IMD, Queen's University, SDA Bocconi, Sauder Business School and S. P. Jain Business School.

What are my chances in these schools with my current result, if at all?
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Hello rahulbanerjee1992

I'm sure with enough preparation time you will be able to take this score up considerably.
Coming to the other question, no one cal assess your profile unless Quantitative and Qualitative info is present.
You have mentioned a bit about your industry, work, photography & GMAT in the last post. This is a laundry list and takes care of the 'Quantitative' part. The 'Qualitative' part is equally (if not more) important.
1. Achievements/Impact at work.
2. Seriousness & Accomplishments of extracurricular.
3. Compelling career goals and the need for an MBA. (You can read more here)
4. A fit with the shortlisted schools.
5. Diversity (especially coming from an over-represented pool- Indian IT Male)
A combination of the above makes for an applicant profile (You can read more here). And more than a laundry list, you will require strong stories.
Lastly, coming to the list of schools- they are very different from Each other. For instance EDHEC vs IMD vs SP Jain could not be more different. Which is a better fit will depend on your profile (as mentioned above). IMD usually looks a a higher years of experience. You may have gone through a process to shortlist these schools, but I'm not sure of your goals and overall profile so cannot comment.
Should you feel the need to get a detailed profile evalutation, feel free to reach out.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

rahulbanerjee1992 wrote:
Thank you for taking time out to address my query, I will try to score above 680, but I myself don't think that I'd be able to hit that mark. I will try my best though. I got my official report back, and got 5 in AWA.

The other schools that I am considering are EDHEC, Rotterdam School of Management, HEC Paris, IESE, IMD, Queen's University, SDA Bocconi, Sauder Business School and S. P. Jain Business School.

What are my chances in these schools with my current result, if at all?
GMAT Club Bot