GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 15:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

NEW FORMAT GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 4
CAT Tests
Re: NEW FORMAT GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2018, 08:54
bb OmerPelman

In the official GMAT website under the FAQ section of "What are GMAT® Official Practice Exams and Practice Questions?" it is stated that -
"Practice with real GMAT questions from past exams and full-length practice exams that use the same scoring algorithm as the actual exam."

The link - https://www.mba.com/frequently-asked-qu ... -questions
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2018, 08:59
blitzkriegxX wrote:
bb OmerPelman

In the official GMAT website under the FAQ section of "What are GMAT® Official Practice Exams and Practice Questions?" it is stated that -
"Practice with real GMAT questions from past exams and full-length practice exams that use the same scoring algorithm as the actual exam."

The link - https://www.mba.com/frequently-asked-qu ... -questions

Thank you for the link. Yes. That is correct - that’s the update that GMAC has made after upgrading to the online platform.

Posted from my mobile device

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Quant OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Manager
Manager
G
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2018, 10:49
Hi ,
can somebody analyse the below mock test result for me because i am clueless how i got V28 , that is too low. I though miss one question in verbal.
Please provide your feedback as how can i improve my verbal score.
Attachments

File comment: verbal section
2018-10-07.png
2018-10-07.png [ 35.89 KiB | Viewed 202 times ]

File comment: overall score report
2018-10-07 (1).png
2018-10-07 (1).png [ 36.04 KiB | Viewed 202 times ]

What to do if you are new to GMAT:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/what-to-do-if-you-are-new-272708.html#p2108758

GMAC official guides : https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmac-official-guides-the-master-directory-links-240610.html#p1854935

Give me kudos if you like it , it's totally harmless :)

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q41 V41
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2018, 11:28
Brutal. GMAT, in my opinion, doesn't give you enough chances to redeem yourself after you miss an "easy" question, which is likely what happened to you.
Intern
Intern
B
NEW FORMAT GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2018, 03:38
GMATbuster92 wrote:
Hi ,
can somebody analyse the below mock test result for me because i am clueless how i got V28 , that is too low. I though miss one question in verbal.
Please provide your feedback as how can i improve my verbal score.

It would be great to look more closely at some of these 3 question CCW strings. You no doubt know the test is adaptive. What may be happening to you, because you get two questions correct in a row, is that you may be tempting the test to deliver the next question at a higher level of difficulty.

Unfortunately, you regularly got that third question wrong, and so have sent the algorithm a clear signal.

You probably know that their algorithm is top-secret, so that any attempt to assign a difficulty level to these questions is purely subjective. However, this would be at least a decent place to start your investigation.

You may also like to read up about what to do next in Verbal, in terms of Return on Time Invested. I go into it at more length: https://www.gmat.amsterdam/gmat_secrets_of_success/gmat-english

Kind Regards,
Omer

Courtesy of the GMAT Dojo, in Amsterdam
http://www.gmat.amsterdam

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2018, 23:41
Bunuel wrote:
GMAT Prep Software Scoring Analysis and What If Scenarios

NEW ONLINE FORMAT

2. What is the importance of the last 10 questions?

Experiment: We will try to analyze the importance of the last 10 questions and if it equals the important of the first 10
Methodology: we will attempt the worst case scenario and will answer the first 27 Q questions correctly and then will answer the remaining 10 questions incorrectly (not guess but incorrectly).
Result: Score - Q49. Percentile - 75th. First 21 questions CORRECT. The final 10 questions WRONG.
Analysis: The questions were much harder this time with some new topics/types appearing on the test such as coordinate geometry/probability etc. Conclusion: the last 10 don't count as much as the first 10. This myth is True (as long as you can get the first 21 right). Please note that I have not guessed the last 10 but rather answered them incorrectly (which means I still had to solve those questions too). If you are guessing, you will most likely get a higher score.
When simulated in the previous GMAT Prep version, this scenario resulted in Score - Q50. Percentile - 92th.
Questions: 18PS and 13 DS.

Attachment:
mb13.png

Thank you for this awesome effort.
Is it possible to test something similar to that second scenario?
I'm looking for the result of something like this:
The difference between the effect of having around 10 incorrect answers distributed evenly over questions after number 10 and the effect of having 10 final questions incorrect.

Thanks
GMAT Club Bot
Re: NEW FORMAT GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios &nbs [#permalink] 14 Oct 2018, 23:41

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 46 posts ] 

NEW FORMAT GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap