Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 04:13 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 04:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Fuqua '26 (D)
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Stern '25 (A)
GPA: 3.87
Send PM
Re: NYU Stern Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Applied 22/08 - Invited to interview 24/10 - Interviewed 27/10 - Accepted 10/11 by phone.

4 years of experience in finance, no experience in fashion luxury. I applied with executive assesment, 156 score.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
Re: NYU Stern Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Gmat 760 (V42, Q50), work ex of 4.5 years as a consultant at EY (currently a manager), and a Chartered Accountant
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.63
Send PM
Just got my admit call!

Round 2 applicant
Applied: 10/15
Interview: 11/29
GMAT: 700
Experience: 50 months in corporate finance
Career goal: Investment Banking
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: Stern '25 (A)
Send PM
GMAT : 760, WE: 60 months - Managment Consulting + Healthcare Technology, Career Goal : Managment Consulting
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 609 [0]
Given Kudos: 1348
Send PM
Name/username:
Country/Location : India
Under-Graduate School : National Institute of Technology
Under-Graduate GPA: Top 15%
GMAT/GRE Test scores: GMAT 760
Total Work Experience : 10+
Pre-MBA Industry : Technology
Target industry post-MBA:
Brief about Work Experience :
What is your relation to the Recommenders?(Manager. client etc): Direct Supervisor
Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: Teaching kids who are in need, Mentoring people, Rescuing Food, Volunteering and Organizing for American Heart Association.
International Experience : Latin America, EU, USA
Scholarship Given? : Yes
The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? :
Why Stern? : Location, School Reputation, One Year Program ( Stern Tech MBA)
Which Round did you apply in? : R1
Status of your application? (A or WL) : Admitted
Short-Term Goal :
Long-Term Goal :
Link to your interview debrief:
(You can add your interview experience HERE and paste the link above )
Did you use the help of an MBA Consultant? : Yes. Consultant helped me a lot.
Any comments, feelings, advice to share?: You must have a consultant who is ready to share time with you and who is creative. Stern's essay needs a creative mind. I loved Stern's essay.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GRE 1: Q160 V162
GPA: 3.21
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
I know it's probably a bit of a longshot for Stern. I was already declined w/o interview at CBS, but got an interview at Cornell. But, maybe there's a sliver of hope:

GRE - 322
GPA - 3.21 at Penn State, Energy Business Finance Major, Economics and Planetary Science & Astronomy Minors
CFA Charterholder
Series 7 and 63 licensed
4 years at Big 4 consulting, 2.5 years at large fin services doing investment manager research and sustainable investing advisory
9 months at smaller asset management firm within large insurer doing investment risk analysis and fund due diligence
Both LoRs are from Stern graduates
Worked with an application consultant, and feel like my essays are very good.
Main ECs: College- Boxing Team After College - Haymakers for Hope Charity Boxing Event - Boxer and Fundraiser
ST Goal: Equity analyst at either impact-investment or sustainable investment hedge fund or traditional asset manager. Backup: Sell-side equity analyst covering renewables
LT Goal: Portfolio manager at hedge fund or traditional asset manager
White American Male
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hey SustainableCFA,

Thanks for sharing your profile.

Hard to hear that you were declined at CBS, but since you were invited for an interview by Cornell, like you said, there is a ray of hope.

Coming to your profile, your GRE score seems decent enough and also aligns with your GPA. Being a licensed CFA charterholder definitely adds value to your profile. 4+ years of experience at big 4 also is a plus point. You also have strong LORs. I also see some varied ECs in your profile.

On your Post-MBA goals, they seem well justified and aligned into short and long terms. It is difficult to identify the shortcoming in your application, may be you were not able to align your post-MBA goals correctly for Columbia.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
Meet our Panel of Consultants.
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

SustainableCFA wrote:
I know it's probably a bit of a longshot for Stern. I was already declined w/o interview at CBS, but got an interview at Cornell. But, maybe there's a sliver of hope:

GRE - 322
GPA - 3.21 at Penn State, Energy Business Finance Major, Economics and Planetary Science & Astronomy Minors
CFA Charterholder
Series 7 and 63 licensed
4 years at Big 4 consulting, 2.5 years at large fin services doing investment manager research and sustainable investing advisory
9 months at smaller asset management firm within large insurer doing investment risk analysis and fund due diligence
Main ECs: College- Boxing Team After College - Haymakers for Hope Charity Boxing Event - Boxer and Fundraiser
ST Goal: Equity analyst at either impact-investment or sustainable investment hedge fund or traditional asset manager. Backup: Sell-side equity analyst covering renewables
White American Male
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GRE 1: Q160 V162
GPA: 3.21
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Thanks!

162V/160Q is definitely below what CBS was looking for, especially with a 3.21 GPA. I think my story/goals were aligned with CBS's Value Investing Program, but ultimately my numbers hurt me, despite the CFA Charter. Hopeful that Stern is a bit more forgiving for the lower quant score.

MBAandBeyond wrote:
Thanks for sharing your profile.

Hard to hear that you were declined at CBS, but since you were invited for an interview by Cornell, like you said, there is a ray of hope.

Coming to your profile, your GRE score seems decent enough and also aligns with your GPA. Being a licensed CFA charterholder definitely adds value to your profile. 4+ years of experience at big 4 also is a plus point. You also have strong LORs. I also see some varied ECs in your profile.

On your Post-MBA goals, they seem well justified and aligned into short and long terms. It is difficult to identify the shortcoming in your application, may be you were not able to align your post-MBA goals correctly for Columbia.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager

SustainableCFA wrote:

GRE - 322
CFA Charterholder
Series 7 and 63 licensed
White American Male
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Is there a post for who is going to apply next fall/winter to the Tech MBA (class of 2025)?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Would love some evaluation for my future MBA applications! Thanks in advance!

Background and nationality:
White german male

Undergrad information:
MSc and BSc in physics at the same major engineering-focussed german university (RWTH/ TUM/ KIT)
- MSc in Physics (1.5 german / 3.5 US GPA)
- BSc in Physics (1.8 german / 3.2 US GPA)
- Scholar of Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes during the whole studies

GMAT:
not yet done

Work experience and leadership:
Will join a tier 2 strategy consulting firm (Strategy&/ ATKearny/ Oliver Wyman) as an associate this summer.
Previously:
- interned at a Fortune Global 500 (top ten) inhouse consulting firm
- interned at a university in the middle east as a sort of teaching assistant for physics and some engineering (more riding camels than real work)
- interned at a german boutique consulting firm (a few hundred employees)
- student assistant at a Big 4 and some more less relevant

Community and others:
- Secretary and board member at a service club (think of youth organizations from Rotary/ Lions)
- Working group member at a political think tank on transatlantic relations
- Selection committee member at Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes
- Deputy Chairman of the german conservative party youth organization in my high school town
- Chairman at my student fraternity (mostly fencing stuff and drinking beers)

Post MBA goals:
Stay two more years at my firm (or another firm buys me out of my sponsorship). Afterwards very interested in transition for some years into PE/VC or IBD, also strategy consulting at an MBB. A highly responsible role in corporate strategy/development is the goal in the long term.

Anything else?
Plan to do the GMAT and try to apply as soon as possible to start the MBA after two (or three) years at my firm (to hopefully benefit from the firm's sponsorship).

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.88
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
alefseg wrote:
Is there a post for who is going to apply next fall/winter to the Tech MBA (class of 2025)?

I'd be interested. I'll be applying
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am aware that my profile is fairly average but would still appreciate some feed

Background and nationality: Indian, male, age 29
Undergrad: Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Telecomm Engineering from a top public university in India (Nationally, ranked 10th in engineering)
GPA: 7.53/10, roughly translates to 3.33/4
GRE (323 160 Q, 163 V) I underperformed on the day and have a retake scheduled this week
Looking to join an MBA program in August 2024
Already applied to: Emory Goizueta, Georgetown McDonough, Cambridge Judge
Other Shortlisted Schools: Oxford Said, Cornell Johnson, Dartmouth Tuck, NYU Stern, UNC Kenan Flagler

Work Experience and Leadership (~6.5 yrs at time of joining program):

3 years at a major US digital marketing agency where I was part of a founding team that helped set up a service delivery centre in India for the agency. Led a significant amount of knowledge transfer from international teams to set up the practice. Led discovery sessions and requirements gathering for every new client the Indian business unit onboarded for the marketing platforms practice for the first six months. Onboarded roughly 15 accounts in total over this period and trained 70+ new joiners. Worked directly with business unit head in talent acquisition- screening, managing job posts, ATS, and vendors (job portals, hiring agencies). Headcount grew from 4 to 200 in 6 months, interviewed hundreds of candidates and filled 80+ open positions. Was the lead consultant on several client accounts with demonstrated impact on business KPIs like engagement, conversions and CAC

Close to 3 years at Goldman Sachs working in the Asset Management marketing team. Led go-to-market activities on digital channels for 7 ETFs, managed performance marketing campaigns targeted at fund distributors, institutional investors and family offices that led to gross sales of over $476 mn, led a 25 member team for post-merger integration workstreams for platform integrations, rebranding, website reskinning, rebranding of over 370 funds. I also lead the SEO function within Asset Management Marketing. My role involves a lot of cross functional collaboration across sales, tech, portfolio managers, investment and product strategists. I am also directly exposed to the investment research and thought leadership that is produced by the investing teams as that is a key component of our marketing messaging.

I also lead the mentorship program for the entire Asset Management marketing team (roughly 80 people) under direct supervision of the Asset Management CMO.

I led 3 person team to regional finals of Analyst Impact Fund, where teams identify nonprofits that are tackling global challenges and pitch innovative solutions to the firm’s leadership.

Older experience:

After junior year in college interned at an Indian NGO called Goonj where I did fieldwork in rural India, directly mobilizing 150 individuals for rural development projects such as canal digging, shed construction, cultivating a school kitchen garden. Built a lead list for fundraising. Organized collection camps that raised over 1 metric tonne of material and $24,000 in monetary contributions. Worked directly with organization leadership to launch a range of upcylced products to monetize surplus material by producing and marketing a range of upcycled sustainable lifestyle products (bags, accessories). Set up kiosks at collection drives, earned $1200 gross sales in pilot.

Post MBA goals: Long term is to set up a PE firm focused on deploying growth equity in India. Short term is to transition from Asset Management marketing to a more core finance role in IB, preferably in FSG an group. Currently networking within Goldman across Global Banking & Markets and Asset & Wealth Management and self-learning to prepare for the transition. Looking for a pre-MBA internship and am actively reaching out to people in my network to help land a role. Would appreciate any information around how to secure a pre-MBA internship that can help my transition.

Anything else?
Organizer of film festival at university
Co-founded graphic design and creative club in high school

Many thanks for your consideration
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
smukherjee42 wrote:
I am aware that my profile is fairly average but would still appreciate some feed

Background and nationality: Indian, male, age 29
Undergrad: Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Telecomm Engineering from a top public university in India (Nationally, ranked 10th in engineering)
GPA: 7.53/10, roughly translates to 3.33/4
GRE (323 160 Q, 163 V) I underperformed on the day and have a retake scheduled this week
Looking to join an MBA program in August 2024
Already applied to: Emory Goizueta, Georgetown McDonough, Cambridge Judge
Other Shortlisted Schools: Oxford Said, Cornell Johnson, Dartmouth Tuck, NYU Stern, UNC Kenan Flagler

Work Experience and Leadership (~6.5 yrs at time of joining program):

3 years at a major US digital marketing agency where I was part of a founding team that helped set up a service delivery centre in India for the agency. Led a significant amount of knowledge transfer from international teams to set up the practice. Led discovery sessions and requirements gathering for every new client the Indian business unit onboarded for the marketing platforms practice for the first six months. Onboarded roughly 15 accounts in total over this period and trained 70+ new joiners. Worked directly with business unit head in talent acquisition- screening, managing job posts, ATS, and vendors (job portals, hiring agencies). Headcount grew from 4 to 200 in 6 months, interviewed hundreds of candidates and filled 80+ open positions. Was the lead consultant on several client accounts with demonstrated impact on business KPIs like engagement, conversions and CAC

Close to 3 years at Goldman Sachs working in the Asset Management marketing team. Led go-to-market activities on digital channels for 7 ETFs, managed performance marketing campaigns targeted at fund distributors, institutional investors and family offices that led to gross sales of over $476 mn, led a 25 member team for post-merger integration workstreams for platform integrations, rebranding, website reskinning, rebranding of over 370 funds. I also lead the SEO function within Asset Management Marketing. My role involves a lot of cross functional collaboration across sales, tech, portfolio managers, investment and product strategists. I am also directly exposed to the investment research and thought leadership that is produced by the investing teams as that is a key component of our marketing messaging.

I also lead the mentorship program for the entire Asset Management marketing team (roughly 80 people) under direct supervision of the Asset Management CMO.

I led 3 person team to regional finals of Analyst Impact Fund, where teams identify nonprofits that are tackling global challenges and pitch innovative solutions to the firm’s leadership.

Older experience:

After junior year in college interned at an Indian NGO called Goonj where I did fieldwork in rural India, directly mobilizing 150 individuals for rural development projects such as canal digging, shed construction, cultivating a school kitchen garden. Built a lead list for fundraising. Organized collection camps that raised over 1 metric tonne of material and $24,000 in monetary contributions. Worked directly with organization leadership to launch a range of upcylced products to monetize surplus material by producing and marketing a range of upcycled sustainable lifestyle products (bags, accessories). Set up kiosks at collection drives, earned $1200 gross sales in pilot.

Post MBA goals: Long term is to set up a PE firm focused on deploying growth equity in India. Short term is to transition from Asset Management marketing to a more core finance role in IB, preferably in FSG an group. Currently networking within Goldman across Global Banking & Markets and Asset & Wealth Management and self-learning to prepare for the transition. Looking for a pre-MBA internship and am actively reaching out to people in my network to help land a role. Would appreciate any information around how to secure a pre-MBA internship that can help my transition.

Anything else?
Organizer of film festival at university
Co-founded graphic design and creative club in high school

Many thanks for your consideration

Do you plan a retake? Coz you said you underperformed and I can actually work if you can actually push it above 332.

Profile is brilliant for the schools you are targeting, the timeline is also in your favour, give it a shot
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 619600 [0]
Given Kudos: 81613
Send PM
Expert Reply
NYU Stern Profile Evaluation
Introducing New Better Profile Evaluations on GMAT Club!

Considering your application to a B-School? The first step in this significant journey is to evaluate your profile to gauge where you stand among the vast pool of applicants. We're excited to introduce a NEW and IMPROVED consolidated list of tools and platforms available on GMAT Club to assist you in this endeavor.