Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 05:53 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 05:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 609 [1]
Given Kudos: 1348
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Ross '24 (WA)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Re: NYU Stern Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi, please evaluate my profile. I am planning to apply for 2year Stem MBA ( specialization in consulting/finance ) in US [Round 2]. I’m a reapplicant at Duke, Ross, and, Cornell.

Short term MBA goal : work as a consultant with firms, such as Mckinsey or BCG, and help global financial institutions solve strategic & operational issues.
Long term MBA Goal : To build a technology-driven banking option for India’s marginalized that merges the conveniences of Neo-banks with attributes of traditional banks.

About my profile:-
I am 29 year old Male from Mumbai, India. [ Nationality : Indian ]

Educational Qualification:-
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), CFA Institute (Virginia, USA) - Cleared all levels in 1st attempt, Top quartile in 9 out of 10 subjects
Chartered Accountancy (CPA Equivalent), ICAI (Delhi, India) - Cleared all levels in 1st attempt, Top 5% amongst 43,000 students
Bachelor of Commerce, HR College of Commerce and Economics (Mumbai, India) - Secured First Distinction with a cumulative grade of 80%

GMAT Score :- 740 ( Q50 V41 )

Work Experience:-
I worked at Drip Capital INC (US based Fintech Startup) as Senior Finance manager from Dec’18 - present ( 2 years & 11 months ) - got one promotion
I worked at ITC Limited as Assistant Finance Manager from Nov’15 – Dec’18 ( 3 years & 1 months )
Total years of experience : 6 years ( as of today )
While entering MBA : 6.6 years

Achievements & Participation :-
At Drip Capital INC
• First hire in the finance department; Conceptualized financial management and regulatory processes across USA, Mexico, and India, and built a 5-member core team
• Spearheaded financial due diligence for Series-B funding of $25M led by Sequoia Capital and Accel and collaborated with US-based capital market team for securing first banking line of credit of $40M
• Ideated and convinced the founder on reorganization of business operations for better tax efficiency and delivered tax savings of $400,000 on y-o-y basis

AT ITC Limited
• Steered a 5-member team to evaluate and implement major impact points of new indirect tax regime on 20 projects operating across 15 states of India, effectively regulating yearly tax benefit of $14M
• Customized and automated information workflow in SAP software, an improvement unique across both ITC and SAP India, Augmented compliance and reduced manual reconciliation by 200+ manhours on y-o-y basis
• Key member of core team; Collaborated on yearly budgeting and quarterly variance analysis of capital expenditure across operational turnkey projects worth $850M
• Mentored 10+ member core team having average experience of 10 years; Enhanced their productivity, 4 of them got promoted

Outside Work
• Avid trekker - Trekked across South India and the Himalayas, Volunteer at local trekking club
• I have undertaken multiple pro bono engagements, wherein I helped fellow CA students/graduates with their study plans, career projections, general advisory, etc.
I want to maximise the chances of my selection. Kindly advise I should apply to which Top 20 US based B-school
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.45
Send PM
Re: NYU Stern Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
I'm asking an eval for a tech MBA (1 yr) degree at Stern:

Background and nationality - Indian
Undergrad Information - Econ Major from St Xavier's College, Mumbai University; CGPA - 3.45
GMAT- 740; V44 Q47

Work experience and leadership - 2.2 years full time work ex. I have 7 months experience in product marketing at a small home automation/security business and 1.7 years experience as a product analyst for an OTT platform in a big tech company (Jio) that required me to perform many product management duties as well (Platform ownership, sprint planning, project management)
I have additional 6 months work ex being an editor (not a full time role) and some months experience participating in organizing a college festival but doubt that would be relevant.

Post MBA goals - I would like build on my current foundation to pursue product management in the consumer internet industry

Anything else?
I am currently also doing a 7 month Post grad certificate in product management in India and learning the basics of Python (as part of the course)

My primary concern is if my work experience and the quality of it would be a deal breaker - and if not- if I would have limited scholarship opportunity because of it
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [2]
Given Kudos: 11
GPA: 3.74
Send PM
Kudos
Name/username: ozawa
Country/Location : Japan (originally from new york city)
Under-Graduate GPA: 3.71
GMAT/GRE Test scores: N/A (GMAT Waiver)
Total Work Experience : 2.5 years
Pre-MBA Industry : Manufacturing (Researcher)
Target industry post-MBA: Consulting
What is your relation to the Recommenders? Manager and Previous Advisor
International Experience : 5 years
Scholarship Given? : Yes
The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? : Felt stagnate in my previous position and wanted to reach next stage
Why Stern? : I felt it could help bring me to the next level
Which Round did you apply in? : 2
Status of your application? (A or WL) : A
Short-Term Goal : Tackle Manufacturing Consulting
Long-Term Goal : Do consulting back in Japan
Did you use the help of an MBA Consultant? : No
Any comments, feelings, advice to share?: Try explain in a streamline way your motivation for obtaining an MBA and where NYU fits in. It is very important to clearly describe why it has to be NYU and not any other business school.
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [2]
Given Kudos: 274
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Name/username: mittalbwoy
Country/Location : India
Under-Graduate School : Top 50 Engineering Universities
Under-Graduate GPA: 7.3/10
GMAT/GRE Test scores: 760
Total Work Experience : 4 upon Matriculation
Pre-MBA Industry : Consulting
Target industry post-MBA: Tech/ Consulting
Brief about Work Experience : Technology Risk Advisory at Big 4. 2 promotions in first 2 year, high visibility, high impact experience.
What is your relation to the Recommenders?(Manager. client etc): Manager
Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: Strong ECs and Community Experience.
International Experience : No experience working in another country. Strong experience EC wise and professionally.
Scholarship Given? : None
The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? : Almost been 3.5 years at a Consulting firm. Time to take the next step!
Why Stern? : Great rankings, great location.
Which Round did you apply in? : Round 1
Short-Term Goal : Management Consulting
Long-Term Goal : Tech
Any comments, feelings, advice to share?: A high GMAT score always helps being an Indian applicant, particularly when applying to Stern.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GRE 1: Q158 V159
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Kudos
Name/username: mmm262
Country/Location : US
Under-Graduate School : Ivy
Under-Graduate GPA: 3.8
GMAT/GRE Test scores: 317
Total Work Experience : 2 years upon matriculation
Pre-MBA Industry : Logistics
Target industry post-MBA: Tech/Consumer Goods
Brief about Work Experience : Supervisor at a logistics company. 1 promotion in first year, high visibility, high impact experience.
What is your relation to the Recommenders?(Manager. client etc): Manager, long-time colleague in a extracurricular experience
Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: Strong ECs with leadership positions in college and high community impact outside of college
International Experience : No experience working in another country, but have extensive school and personal travel experience
Scholarship Given? : Full tuition
The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? : In a rotational program that allowed me to realize where I want to focus my career. I wasn't sure if I should apply for this upcoming year or wait until I had 3 years of experience, but ultimately decided I'd give it a shot and go from there.
Why Stern? : Great ranking, strong career placement, and the only program with multiple students that have less than 2 years of work experience (+ they all place in strong post-grad careers)
Short-Term Goal : Marketing or Operations in either Tech or CPG
Long-Term Goal : COO or CMO at a CPG company
Any comments, feelings, advice to share?: Below average in work experience but within average range for GRE scores. The first detail almost made me not apply to schools at all, but I'm glad I did. Outside of Stern I received positive results (acceptances or waitlists) from other schools that at the start of this I thought would reject me outright. Don't sell yourself short!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Name/username: sorad
Country/Location : India
Under-Graduate School : Lancaster University
Under-Graduate GPA: 2.1
GMAT/GRE Test scores: 760
Total Work Experience : 5 yr +
Pre-MBA Industry : Presales Lead Consultant
Target industry post-MBA: Consultant
Brief about Work Experience : Data analysis and then high impact CEO office role
What is your relation to the Recommenders?(Manager. client etc): Directly reporting to the CEO
Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: Volunteering during COVID, started the women's football club
International Experience : I handle public sector for north america
Scholarship Given? : None
The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? : realized during CEO office work ec
Why Stern? : location, culture, community
Which Round did you apply in? : R1
Short-Term Goal : Consulting
Long-Term Goal : CEO
Link to your interview debrief:
(You can add your interview experience HERE and paste the link above )
Did you use the help of an MBA Consultant? : Yes, Dream School Admit (Arvind)
Any comments, feelings, advice to share?: I have not received any scholarship and have 0 savings so I'm gonna have to take out a huge loan but I couldn't be happier getting into NYU and having access to networking opportunities at NYC. This was my top choice and I got in :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.99
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consulting)
Send PM
mmm262 wrote:
Brief about Work Experience : Supervisor at a logistics company. 1 promotion in first year, high visibility, high impact experience.
What is your relation to the Recommenders?(Manager. client etc): Manager, long-time colleague in a extracurricular experience
Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: Strong ECs with leadership positions in college and high community impact outside of college
International Experience : No experience working in another country, but have extensive school and personal travel experience
The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? : In a rotational program that allowed me to realize where I want to focus my career. I wasn't sure if I should apply for this upcoming year or wait until I had 3 years of experience, but ultimately decided I'd give it a shot and go from there.
Why Stern? : Great ranking, strong career placement, and the only program with multiple students that have less than 2 years of work experience (+ they all place in strong post-grad careers)
Any comments, feelings, advice to share?: Below average in work experience but within average range for GRE scores. The first detail almost made me not apply to schools at all, but I'm glad I did. Outside of Stern I received positive results (acceptances or waitlists) from other schools that at the start of this I thought would reject me outright. Don't sell yourself short!

Hello! Congratulations on getting in to Stern!

What is your equivalent GMAT score? I have a similar background like you except that I am a US citizen who has done bachelor's in Industrial engineering from India.
Are you thinking of doing MBA in Supply Chain Management or Operations?

Thanks!

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
GRE 1: Q158 V159
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
RBHIDE wrote:
mmm262 wrote:

Hello! Congratulations on getting in to Stern!

What is your equivalent GMAT score? I have a similar background like you except that I am a US citizen who has done bachelor's in Industrial engineering from India.
Are you thinking of doing MBA in Supply Chain Management or Operations?

Thanks!

I think my GRE translated to a 640 GMAT, but historically the conversion tool isn't that accurate so schools look at GRE scores in comparison to their average. So comparing my converted GMAT score against someone who actually took the GMAT, probably wouldn't help in that instance. I think I'll have one of my specializations be in supply chain and global sourcing, but that won't be my only one.

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Name/username: MJL2021
Country/Location : Chile
Under-Graduate School : Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile
Under-Graduate GPA: 3.1
GMAT/GRE Test scores: 710
Total Work Experience : 4y
Pre-MBA Industry : Tech/Ecommerce
Target industry post-MBA: Social Impact Consulting
Brief about Work Experience : Revenue Management & Sales
What is your relation to the Recommenders?(Manager. client etc): Current&Former Supervisor
Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: Board Member, Teacher
International Experience :
Scholarship Given? : 50K
The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? : Looking for skills+network+global mindset to fund my own company
Why Stern?: IQ+EQ approach/Location/diversity
Which Round did you apply in? : R2
Did you use the help of an MBA Consultant? : Yes
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi All!

Can you please review my profile?

Thank you very much!

Background and nationality: Hungarian, male, 27 years old by the time I apply.

Undergrad Information: Law degree from a Hungarian university, GPA: 4,61/5 with a summa cum laude distinction, top 15% of the class. I have received national excellence scholarships (these scholarships are given to students who have particularly high GPAs and performed certain extracurricular activities) for three semesters and national merit scholarships for all other semesters from the Hungarian Ministry of Justice and have received a Dean’s Award as well.

GMAT: aiming for 760-770

Work experience and leadership: by the time I apply I’ll have more than three years of experience working as a transactional lawyer on real estate and m&a deals at leading international law firms in Budapest, including 200-400 million EUR cross-border deals, not much leadership experience as I’m still considered a quite junior associate in the legal environment, however I have regularly coordinated different sub-tasks of a larger matter, where I had to lead and coordinate the work of my colleagues who are even more junior than me.

Community and others: now this is definetely one of my weakest points, I do not have much community experience apart from being part of a college for advanced studies during my years at university, I also have won and placed well on a couple of national competitions and participated in an international competition as well and had several internships during uni as extracurricular activities.

Post MBA goals:
Short term: switch my carrier to investment banking, as I’m definetly more interested in the finance/business side of deals than the legal side
Long term: build on my experience gained as a transactional lawyer and an investment banker and establish an m&a/transactional advisory firm in Hungary

International experience: I have studied a semester abroad as an Erasmus student, but no significant international work experience
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.99
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consulting)
Send PM
Nationality: US citizen female
Educational background: Bachelor’s in Industrial Engineering from India (8.95/10 GPA) graduated summa cum laude,
MicroMasters in Supply Chain Management from Massachusetts Institute of Technology on edX (This is a professional certificate),
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification from SUNY Binghamton
Management of inventory systems certification from Indian Institute of Technology
Managerial Economics certification from Indian Institute of Management
GMAT: 700 Q49 V38 AWA 5 IR 4
Work experience: 3 years of supply chain consulting experience on matriculation. Worked with clients from different industries and consultants from different countries. 2 years at a niche supply chain consulting firm in the US and 1 year experience at Accenture USA as a Supply chain Team Lead.
International exposure: completed secondary education and bachelor’s in India
Extracurricular activities: Volunteer Teaching Assistantship from Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Volunteering at an NGO for the last 2 years. Started as a marketing volunteer responsible for creating and successfully managing the Twitter account. I was made the social media manager and public relations associate after 15 months. Leading a team for a social media campaign on Bollywood and Beauty Standards.
Guided many of my juniors in their university coursework and projects. Freely took classes on Industrial Engineering core subjects for my peers.
Trained in an Indian classical dance form (Kathak). Trained to play Harmonium, piano, and clarinet.
Hobbies: cooking (Indian and Italian cuisine), painting (canvas and emboss painting)

Would like to pursue an MBA in Supply Chain Management.

Post MBA goals: short term goal - supply chain manager or senior supply chain manager at a well known company. Long term goal: COO or CSCO for multinational companies.

Please evaluate my profile.

Originally posted by RBHIDE on 01 Feb 2022, 09:33.
Last edited by RBHIDE on 26 Aug 2022, 14:53, edited 1 time in total.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
NYU Stern Tech MBA | Class of 2023 Profile

Number of Applications 407
Number of admits 88
Acceptance rate 22%
Class size 47
Women 55%
Internationals 57%
GMAT 80% range 690-740
Average years of work experience 6.2

The above image is taken from the NYU Stern website. Read the full class profile here https://www.stern.nyu.edu/programs-admi ... ss-profile
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.92
Send PM
Hi
I would appreciate if someone can evaluate my profile for NYU Stern MBA.

Background - Indian, Male, 28
GMAT - 710 (Q47, V40, IR 8)
Educational Background - Chartered Accountant (Cleared all levels in first attempt)
Total Work experience - 6.5 Years

Job 1 - Risk consulting in one of big 4s (Associate consultant & Consultant) - 2.5 Years
Conducting consulting engagements for clients in Oil & Gas Industry in India & Malaysia to identify the revenue leakages, supply chain efficiency, Sales & Marketing spends effectiveness, Logistics cost control. Also operated Program Management Office for Largest Tree Plantation drive by forest department (~5 crore saplings were planted in 24 hours) of one of the states in India (Appointed as consultant by Guiness Book of Records)

Job 2 - Management Consulting in Boutique consulting firm based out of Mumbai – 3 Years
Reason for change - Wanted to work in space which would have greater impact on business and which would give me multiple opportunities to enhance my problem solving skills.
Key projects include -
Project 1 - Worked in Founder's office of a unicorn startup operating in cab business. Improved driver partner experience on the platform by 30 points. Solved various issues faced by partners by implementing new payment gateway options, revising business policies, etc.
Project 2 - Worked with a real estate company. Helped client to improve sales by 33% Month on month in the sustenance projects by strategizing and implementing various initiatives.
Project 3 – Worked for the Pharma company to help the client reduce the market expiry of the products. Optimized supply chain to reduce market expiry from 3% to 1%
Project 4 – Estimated Market size and growth for the diagnostics company.
Project 5 – Provided Go – No go decision to the Chemical company for launching novel chemical to treat waste water.

Job 3 – Management Consulting in Big 4 (Ongoing) – 8 months so far
Project 1 – Customer experience improvement by digital transformation of the complete customer journey for the Automotive OEM in India.

Extra-curricular activities
Sports & Passion projects
1. Co founded mountain biking club in suburbs of Mumbai.
2. Organized National level races with approximately 85 participants from across India (participants count was high even considering it’s a niche sport in India)
3. Onboarded various sponsors during racing events
4. Built various mountain biking trails to support the sport and the community

Volunteering
1. Volunteered for India’s largest stationery kit distribution drive

Post MBA Goals
1. Short term - Work in top consulting firms (MBB) globally to enhance my problem solving skills and help clients grown in their respective industries
2. Long term – Work in various leadership roles in consumer facing industry (Tech product, Automotive, FMCG)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Background and nationality : Indian Male IT (Innovation with ML/AI)
Undergrad Information :Tier 1 Top 10 Indian college, GPA - 3
GMAT: 750 (Q50,V41) AWA6 IR7
Work experience and leadership : Innovation department of a Big IT firm. 3 years, couple of promotions, mentored over 100 students with 40+ innovative projects. Delivered products for healthcare and retail clients. Lead teams of 10+ people. Worked directly with CTOs and Directors.
Community and others : Involved with a few NGOs which work towards eradication of Poverty and illiteracy. Cycling club. Cricket and volleyball teams in college.
Post MBA goals : Tech Management

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Would love some evaluation for my application. Targeting R1 next year. Thanks in advance!

Background and nationality:
Indian

Education:

Shri Ram College of Commerce (Best college for commerce in India), 8.75 CGPA in Bcom Hons
Top 8% of my batch
Scored 97.2% in my high school (School Topper, district topper, received merit certificate from Govt of India for scoring highest marks in Accounts and Economics)
CFA Level III Candidate (passed previous levels with more than 90%)
Have done some other online and offline certifications.
GMAT:
750 48Q|44V

Work experience (38 months):
Currently working as Senior Investment manager at Tata AIG. Handles investment across asset classes with an AUM of over Rs. 20,000 crores (more than USD 3 billion). Handles the communication with the mid and back office. Received the offer from the firm on the basis of internship performance.
Previously was working with a boutique investment bank as an investment banking analyst. Closed a $50mn transaction and lead multiple deals during my stint. Was also responsible for hiring and mentoring a few interns. (worked primarily with CXOs across Africa, the middle east, and India.
Before that, I used to work as a financial analyst with a KPO and provided services to US-based PE firms and Venture Capital firms. Also Created an interview training manual for the firm.

Extra Curricular:
Currently volunteering with a local NGO.
Working as Treasurer in Toastmasters Club
During College was part of different clubs and societies. Held leadership positions in three societies in college and also started an initiative to promote financial literacy. Have also participated in and won some intercollege competitions. Even during college, I was associated with different NGOs. Have also volunteered for CSR activities in my organization. Have published a research paper for my college journal.

Post-MBA goals:
Work with a private equity firm.

Do I have a chance to get into Wharton, Booth, NYU Stern, MIT Sloan and Columbia with this profile?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [1]
Given Kudos: 99
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
I am not an expert (just another fellow MBA aspirant), but that looks like a really solid profile in terms of everything: GPA, GMAT, professional background, extra curriculars, and leadership experience. You’re the kind of candidate I would like to be. I hope you get into your dream college and I wish you all the very best!

Btw I am an SRCC 2018 graduate too. :)

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hi all,

So I recently took the executive assessment test and scored relatively well - 167 (99% percentile) (IR 18; Q 15; V 14).

Would appreciate getting some insight from people who've applied with an EA, or had come across other candidates who had applied with an EA, as to how competitive such a score would be in the applicable FT MBA programs (Columbia; Stern etc.)?

Originally posted by MCBAS on 31 Aug 2022, 10:06.
Last edited by MCBAS on 26 Sep 2022, 06:42, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11