GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Jul 2018, 02:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Oxford Said vs Michigan Ross (vs LBS)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Which program?

• 44% [8]
  • 22% [4]
  • 33% [6]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.5
Oxford Said vs Michigan Ross (vs LBS) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2018, 20:09
Accepted to Said with no money, accepted to Ross with enough money that (after converting to pounds for Oxford) make Ross cheaper, and waiting to hear from LBS.

I know they're totally different, but I'm looking for some advice mainly on 1-year vs 2-year, for an American that plans to work in America (at least eventually).

I originally thought shorter would be better, because of less overall cost and less time not making a salary. Plus I wanted the international experience, and Oxford overall has a huge reputation. But now I'm not sure if it's enough time to do all the classes / networking / seminars etc necessary. I'm starting to lean toward longer being better, and the scholarship money doesn't hurt either...

In the business world, is the Oxford brand stronger than the Michigan brand? Is the bigger Michigan alumni network better? And LBS is ranked higher than both, but perhaps not quite as well known in the states?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Oxford Said vs Michigan Ross (vs LBS) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2018, 20:47
Congratulations on getting into Ross and Said.

I feel most international programs are not well represented in the US. Part of the reason is that not many US employers head to UK to hire their US staff. In other words, you can absolutely attend Said or LBS but they won’t be a lot of help with recruiting domestically.

As to longer vs shorter, most opt in for longer as many look for a shift in career and for an internship to help them with recruiting. It is a pretty cool thing and big luxury but not often are we able to take 18-20 months off and do some soul searching, a break from responsibilities, and not be recruiting the entire Bschool experience.

Posted from my mobile device

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

SVP
SVP
P
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Oxford Said vs Michigan Ross (vs LBS) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2018, 07:53
MBA4ME2018 wrote:
Accepted to Said with no money, accepted to Ross with enough money that (after converting to pounds for Oxford) make Ross cheaper, and waiting to hear from LBS.

I know they're totally different, but I'm looking for some advice mainly on 1-year vs 2-year, for an American that plans to work in America (at least eventually).

I originally thought shorter would be better, because of less overall cost and less time not making a salary. Plus I wanted the international experience, and Oxford overall has a huge reputation. But now I'm not sure if it's enough time to do all the classes / networking / seminars etc necessary. I'm starting to lean toward longer being better, and the scholarship money doesn't hurt either...

In the business world, is the Oxford brand stronger than the Michigan brand? Is the bigger Michigan alumni network better? And LBS is ranked higher than both, but perhaps not quite as well known in the states?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Congrats

I would choose my school with my long tern goal in sight. As you mentioned, you want to return to the US. Ross is really your great choice. It is one of the best in almost in all management disciplines according you US news ranking. You can still have good international experience through the global trips and/or spending one semester in any partner school such as LBS.

In some places, LBS and Oxford is stronger because of the parent university itself. LBS has both the real reputation in Europe, Asia and middle east. It has both reputation of parent university and the the high quality of MBA program. In Europe, I highly doubt the name of Ross, I asked friends to ask many of the citizens of the names of Ross and other schools (outside Stanford, Harvard, MIT), the answer was not good at all. I did that in Germany, Netherlands, Belgium. Also, you can do this through LinkedIn search and find the result. However, people there value American education.
Re: Oxford Said vs Michigan Ross (vs LBS)   [#permalink] 18 Mar 2018, 07:53

Oxford Said vs Michigan Ross (vs LBS)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: teleste, Wilch, jessepinkman

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap