Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 01:17 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 01:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.54
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GRE 1: Q162 V157
GPA: 2.84
WE:Business Development (Real Estate)
Send PM
Re: Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants:(Jan2018 intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]
why is this thread so dead maybe nobody is applying in this intake. Good for me :). already had both alumni interviews. fingers crossed now
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Re: Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants:(Jan2018 intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Just had the same, apparently should be sending out decisions on the 7th

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
saadim wrote:
why is this thread so dead maybe nobody is applying in this intake. Good for me :). already had both alumni interviews. fingers crossed now

Hi, please advise about your gmat score, country you r from and regarding the interview with alumnus: was one of it stressful and did you have to prepare a business presentation for the meeting? Please share your experience :-)

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I applied on the basis of GRE score not GMAT. I a civil engineer from Pakistan with experience of founding and running my own successful business of construction and real estate development. Had both interviews over skype with alumni based in Dubai who had over 20 years post MBA experience. So it was a daunting experience. The challenge also was how to do presentation over skype which was something I had never done before. The topic I choose was a technical one relating to energy crisis in my country and solutions to overcome it.
1st interview lasted about 45 min. He was a CEO of company which sells avionics spare parts. So he was a bit bored and confused with my technical presentation but he got the idea. Questions were very basic like why mba and country etc. Some questions about how I achieved this much but nothing complex or tricky.
My 2nd interview was with Investor/MBA/Financial manager with 20 years experience again. He really really threw many curve balls and even got personal at times like he asked how am I going to fund my MBA and from where my finance was coming from. He asked me to sell my project to him as an investor so I was involved in real life discussions straight away. He asked very minute details about finance and registrations taxes etc. He also asked what would my family members say about leaving my country and doing MBA which again i thought was none of his concern. then why mba why hec how would you fit. do you know french. This interview lasted nearly 2 hrs yes 2 LONG HOURS. In the end his battery ran out or his connection failed so my asked questions were left in the middle hanging so I replied that it is ok i have no further questions to add. The whole interview he said he is turning off the video feed to save his battery. can you believe it he didnot even read my application before hand (well nobody reads it anyhow). Also it took nearly 1 week for him to reply back to me after multiple emails. I even had to contact HEC asking what is going on. lol Overall an awkward 2nd experience.
Fingers crossed now. do not know what to expect uncertainty prevails
Intern
Intern
Send PM
saadim wrote:
I applied on the basis of GRE score not GMAT. I a civil engineer from Pakistan with experience of founding and running my own successful business of construction and real estate development. Had both interviews over skype with alumni based in Dubai who had over 20 years post MBA experience. So it was a daunting experience. The challenge also was how to do presentation over skype which was something I had never done before. The topic I choose was a technical one relating to energy crisis in my country and solutions to overcome it.
1st interview lasted about 45 min. He was a CEO of company which sells avionics spare parts. So he was a bit bored and confused with my technical presentation but he got the idea. Questions were very basic like why mba and country etc. Some questions about how I achieved this much but nothing complex or tricky.
My 2nd interview was with Investor/MBA/Financial manager with 20 years experience again. He really really threw many curve balls and even got personal at times like he asked how am I going to fund my MBA and from where my finance was coming from. He asked me to sell my project to him as an investor so I was involved in real life discussions straight away. He asked very minute details about finance and registrations taxes etc. He also asked what would my family members say about leaving my country and doing MBA which again i thought was none of his concern. then why mba why hec how would you fit. do you know french. This interview lasted nearly 2 hrs yes 2 LONG HOURS. In the end his battery ran out or his connection failed so my asked questions were left in the middle hanging so I replied that it is ok i have no further questions to add. The whole interview he said he is turning off the video feed to save his battery. can you believe it he didnot even read my application before hand (well nobody reads it anyhow). Also it took nearly 1 week for him to reply back to me after multiple emails. I even had to contact HEC asking what is going on. lol Overall an awkward 2nd experience.
Fingers crossed now. do not know what to expect uncertainty prevails

Thank you so much for such a detailed answer.
Looks like the interview that other future students in HEC.
What is your level of French?

Regarding the long answers: you are not alone)) it's a usual practice in HEC admission team. :-)

Anyway, I with you good luck to be remitted.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
sadly my french skills right now at next to none. :( But I told him that I would be making sure I am proficient upon arrival on HEC. If I am admitted I intent on having french crash courses in local academies and get certified in 2-3 months. It is not that hard as i have heard and more in line with English grammer than other languages say Russian or German. Thanks for the luck I would need it :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
saadim wrote:
sadly my french skills right now at next to none. :( But I told him that I would be making sure I am proficient upon arrival on HEC. If I am admitted I intent on having french crash courses in local academies and get certified in 2-3 months. It is not that hard as i have heard and more in line with English grammer than other languages say Russian or German. Thanks for the luck I would need it :)

Great but too little time to become proficient.
But almost the same with me: I have a basic level of fresh, but in love with with languages and train it thorough by the beginning of education.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V37
GPA: 2.8
Send PM
Done and dusted.

Fingers crossed.

7th of July!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Kudos
Just got a call with an admit, apparently emails are being sent out tomorrow.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
riatsila wrote:
Just got a call with an admit, apparently emails are being sent out tomorrow.

Congratulations.
Congrats and welcome to the family!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V37
GPA: 2.8
Send PM
Kudos
Got an email, I am in!!

Relieved
Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Schools: HEC '15 (A)
Send PM
Hi guys,

Congrats for those who already got admitted and good luck for the ones who still in the process.

As an HEC MBA alumnus (Sep14 intake), I am happy to help and guide you at any stage of the process.

Please feel free to reach out.

Cheers!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 170 [0]
Given Kudos: 342
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Send PM
Hi All,

I have to make the deposit to the school. I wanted to know what's the cheapest as well as safe way to do that.

I have account in HDFC and axis bank but I got to know that even if the exchange rate is less, banks charge more. So I want to understand what's the most efficient way to do the transaction.

Appreciate all the help.

Abrakadabra
Intern
Intern
Send PM
abrakadabra21 wrote:
Hi All,

I have to make the deposit to the school. I wanted to know what's the cheapest as well as safe way to do that.

I have account in HDFC and axis bank but I got to know that even if the exchange rate is less, banks charge more. So I want to understand what's the most efficient way to do the transaction.

Appreciate all the help.

Abrakadabra

Congratulations!!!! What country are you from?

In my opinion one of the best ways will be:
1. Find a bank with the lowest currency rate
2. But euro yourself there and put onto your euro account.
3. Make the prepayment with the ready euro on your account.

It's quit long but you will know that the rate you bought euro was the lowest possible by the day.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 170 [0]
Given Kudos: 342
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Send PM
Miucca1985 wrote:
abrakadabra21 wrote:
Hi All,

Appreciate all the help.

Abrakadabra

Congratulations!!!! What country are you from?

In my opinion one of the best ways will be:
1. Find a bank with the lowest currency rate
2. But euro yourself there and put onto your euro account.
3. Make the prepayment with the ready euro on your account.

It's quit long but you will know that the rate you bought euro was the lowest possible by the day.

I am from India. I don't know what you mean by euro account. I have a account in India but no account with any European country. Plus I have 3 days to make the transaction.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
FROM HEC Paris Admissions Blog: Celebrating Students’ Case Victories
HEC Paris MBA students took a lot of victory laps recently, winning top awards in case competitions with other business schools across the world. Here’s a recap of the accolades they earned during the 2016-2017 school year:

Thought for Food Challenge, May 2017

Team Agri Yolo, consisting of students Mamoudou Bocoum, Shir Sheftel, Sathvik Ganesan,Tatiana Ángel and Samijoe Saroufim, at the Thought For Food summit in Amsterdam

With an estimated one billion humans already going to bed hungry every night, the Thought for Food Challenge asks participants how to feed the 9 billion people projected to be on the planet in 2050.  HEC Paris’ Team Agri Yolo earned their spot among the top 10 finalists–out of 500 entries from 129 countries–by proposing a scalable, interactive platform which unites young investors with local agribusinesses and owners of unused, arable land. Team members Samijoe Saroufim, Tatiana Ángel, Sathvik Ganesan, Mamoudou Bocoum and Shir Sheftel even put their idea through a preliminary stress test: during 10 days, they traveled to Colombia and met with everyone from local farmers to the country’s former Minister of Agriculture and current Director of the Chamber of Commerce to discuss the solution’s feasibility.

International Case Competition in Finance, April 2017

MBA students Antoine Sevrain, Yeojin Yoon, Kjell Ahrens and Daniel Pérez García

Showcasing their analytical savvy, four HEC Paris MBA students took second place in the SDA Bocconi School of Management’s International Competition in Finance. As part of the April event, Antoine Sevrain, Yeojin Yoon, Kjell Ahrens and Daniel Pérez García revised a business plan for a medium-sized utility entering the electric car-sharing business. Their calculations for moving the company to cleaner energy beat 18 other competitors, including LBS, ESADE and IE business schools.

A.T. Kearney Global Prize Strategy Case Competition, November 2016

AT Kearney case competition winners Nadège Zambon, Mathieu Mondan, Elias Fares and Alexandre Legeay

The A.T. Kearney Global Prize Strategy Case Competition offers participants an intense, real-time window into the consulting world. Competitors are charged with developing the most innovative, actionable and strategic solution for an actual management-consulting case brought to A.T. Kearney.

The four HEC Paris MBA students—Nadège Zambon, Elias Fares, Alexandre Legeay and Mathieu Mondan—faced off against nearly 100 teams from 10 schools, including LBS, Insead, SDA Bocconi, Booth and Rotman, to claim top prize. Their proposition brought the client’s annual growth to 15 percent, and overcame many of its operational problems. Mathieu believes teamwork was the key to their success: “It was not four individuals, and I think that made a huge difference,” he explained.

Zurich Enterprise Challenge – Project Firefly, October 2016

Zurich Enterprise Challenge winners Kirill Novyshev, Kumari Aminarta, Arif Nezami and Gaurav Khetan

During the 13th annual Zurich Enterprise Challenge, HEC Paris MBA students Arif Nezami, Kumari Aminarta, Gaurav Khetan and Kirill Novyshev beat 80 teams to take first place (joint winners with GIBS Business School) in the global risk-analysis case competition. For the second and third phases of this prestigious challenge, they partnered with Coca Cola Hellenic, a leading Coca Cola bottler in Europe, to analyze a real-world recycling problem.

During a period of 5 weeks, the students assessed the financial risks and the opportunities of the Circular Economy guidelines, the European Union’s plan to boost recycling by putting targets on all EU member states. Praised for their creative and easily implemented solution, the team earned 5000 Swiss Francs in October 2016 at the Zurich Global Risk Management Summit in Cannes.

The post Celebrating Students’ Case Victories appeared first on HEC Paris MBA News.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts