Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:06 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.58
WE:General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 590 Q47 V24
GPA: 3.2
WE:Corporate Finance (Retail Banking)
Send PM
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
ruwithrdx wrote:
Rajukiran1408 wrote:
Hi, kindly review my profile and share your feedback.

Background: 12 ½ years’ of extensive experience in Retail Store Operations. Worked with retail giants in India like ITC- Wills Lifestyle, Reliance- Trends, Future group- Central & Landmark group- Lifestyle.

Work Experience: Started my retail career in 2005 as a campus recruit from Institute of Hotel Management, Hyderabad to ITC Lifestyle Retail Fashion Division. Grown from a management trainee profile to a store/business/operations manager with Brand like Wills Lifestyle, Nike, United Colors of Benetton to larger Departmental stores like Reliance Trends, Central & Lifestyle.
Have gained immense knowledge and expertise across various Retail aspects in Apparel industry during my journey so far pertaining to mall operations- tenant, facility management, new store opening, complete store operations- SOPs, merchandise management- buying, planning & allocation, marketing- ATL and BTL, visual merchandising, customer behavior and buying patterns, people management, training and development, inventory management- audits and stock checks, vendor management. Varied retail math involved in business performance and understanding like- key performance indicators, sell thru analysis of products, P & L along with store operating cost, margins, & EBITDA, Area vs Sale ratio of Departments/ Brands, etc.

Current Work: Business Manager with Lifestyle (Departmental store of Landmark group for Apparel & Fashion) since 3 years in Bangalore heading a store comprising an area of 50,000 sqft with a yearly turnover of 80 crores and leading a team of 350 team members.

Undergrad Information: Xth : 81%, XIIth : 77%, Graduation (BSc in Hotel Management from IHM Hyderabad): 60%, EPRM (Executive Program in Retail Management) from IIM- Calcutta- Online MBA with a “Good” rating.

GMAT: Preparing since 3 months & targeting beginning of Nov’18.
Targeted B-Schools: IIM-A PGPX, IIM-B EPGP.

Why MBA? post MBA goals: With a 12+ years’ of experience under my belt in Brick & Motor retail, I want to explore E-commerce and get into online business models like Amazon, Flipkart etc / join a Retail major of India in a substantial strategic role after graduating from my B- school.
Few years of exposure to pure online retail post MBA with a backup of physical retail experience in the past will definitely boost my profile to grow in the industry in the near future. Also the market share of organized retail in general and online retail in particular is growing year after year with many giants of World Retail already in India. Many major brick & motor retailers are getting into online business models as well resulting in new form of hybrid retail coming into existence. Hence I see an immense scope in this field for the next 5 to 8 years.

Looks good, work on the application and get a 700+ GMAT score. Being different from most of the applicants should help.
All the best.

Subhankar
Thanks Subhankar for the prompt reply. This really helps.

Am aiming for 700 in GMAT and have already started working on my profile. Targeting R2 for these 2 IIMs along with ISB.

Need some further inputs on :
1) What should be my range of GMAT score to safely sail through ?
2) How does my profile fit into ISB as I have a general feeling that the student mix is younger in ISB than that of IIMs ?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAkarma wrote:
Hello Rajukiran1408

Though your profile is quite diverse from other applicants, try to address the following challenges-

1. Slightly higher age bracket. Not a deal breaker, but at the likes of IIMB it may be a disadvantage, as they prefer candidates with 5-12 years of work ex.
2. Establishing a need of an MBA. You have grown well in 12 years and are directly managing a business and large team (as opposed to being in a technical role). With such an experience most people get on the job training or part time executive certifications sponsored by the company to get promoted further.
3. Tying a full time MBA to your career goals. Retail is an industry that prefers years of experience more than the MBA degree (as you must have seen in your past experience). It is not a big feeder or recruiter of MBA candidates. While this may help you become diverse, but this may not have the desired impact you assume on your career. Moving into ecommerce might be possible without an MBA too, as the Ecom space is mostly hiring from top offline retailer for many senior positions.
To conclude, no doubt focus on getting a good GMAT score (in your case a 700+) should be good, but also address the challenges above in your written application.
For a more detailed discussion, you may reach out.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Rajukiran1408 wrote:
Hi, kindly review my profile and share your feedback.

Background: 12 ½ years’ of extensive experience in Retail Store Operations. Worked with retail giants in India like ITC- Wills Lifestyle, Reliance- Trends, Future group- Central & Landmark group- Lifestyle.

Work Experience: Started my retail career in 2005 as a campus recruit from Institute of Hotel Management, Hyderabad to ITC Lifestyle Retail Fashion Division. Grown from a management trainee profile to a store/business/operations manager with Brand like Wills Lifestyle, Nike, United Colors of Benetton to larger Departmental stores like Reliance Trends, Central & Lifestyle.
Have gained immense knowledge and expertise across various Retail aspects in Apparel industry during my journey so far pertaining to mall operations- tenant, facility management, new store opening, complete store operations- SOPs, merchandise management- buying, planning & allocation, marketing- ATL and BTL, visual merchandising, customer behavior and buying patterns, people management, training and development, inventory management- audits and stock checks, vendor management. Varied retail math involved in business performance and understanding like- key performance indicators, sell thru analysis of products, P & L along with store operating cost, margins, & EBITDA, Area vs Sale ratio of Departments/ Brands, etc.

Current Work: Business Manager with Lifestyle (Departmental store of Landmark group for Apparel & Fashion) since 3 years in Bangalore heading a store comprising an area of 50,000 sqft with a yearly turnover of 80 crores and leading a team of 350 team members.

Undergrad Information: Xth : 81%, XIIth : 77%, Graduation (BSc in Hotel Management from IHM Hyderabad): 60%, EPRM (Executive Program in Retail Management) from IIM- Calcutta- Online MBA with a “Good” rating.

GMAT: Preparing since 3 months & targeting beginning of Nov’18.
Targeted B-Schools: IIM-A PGPX, IIM-B EPGP.

Why MBA? post MBA goals: With a 12+ years’ of experience under my belt in Brick & Motor retail, I want to explore E-commerce and get into online business models like Amazon, Flipkart etc / join a Retail major of India in a substantial strategic role after graduating from my B- school.
Few years of exposure to pure online retail post MBA with a backup of physical retail experience in the past will definitely boost my profile to grow in the industry in the near future. Also the market share of organized retail in general and online retail in particular is growing year after year with many giants of World Retail already in India. Many major brick & motor retailers are getting into online business models as well resulting in new form of hybrid retail coming into existence. Hence I see an immense scope in this field for the next 5 to 8 years.
Thanks for the feedback Varun.

1) I had the same doubt on 5-12 years experience range for IIM-B. But after I attended the info session in the IIM-B campus and spoke to faculty, they were very specific about 5 years minimum work ex but had an open ended view for the maximum work ex limit, saying 12+ can also apply. That gave some hope.

2) I have already completed an Online MBA from IIM-C in EPRM (Executive Program in Retail Management) this year. But when I stand at the other end of successful course completion I still feel that I did not completely get what I was looking for. Hence my quest for a full time MBA started again.

3) Agree that E-commerce giants do recruit from major offline retailers in the country. But they are constricted to back end part of retail like Buying, Planning, Marketing, Supply chain etc. But in my case, am from Store Operations which is the biggest differentiating factor between online and offline. Online companies do not have any physical stores. I wonder how my experience in this domain benefit the online players by recruiting me.

Hope this will sound convincing enough for the Adcoms incase I get through to the interview stage.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi,

Can someone help evaluate my profile, please?

Work Experience: 14 years of experience in IT sector with companies like Infosys and JP Morgan Chase.
Worked on purely technical roles in the early part of my career and then transitioned to managerial roles later.

Education:
10th - 88% (SSC, AP)
12th - 93.4% (Intermediate, AP)
B.E. (I.T.) - 84.3% (Osmania University)

GMAT: 690 (QA - 49; VA - 36)
Targeted B-Schools: IIM-A, IIM-C, IIM-L and few foreign colleges.

Extras :
1. Participated in drama in school and college
2. Winner of many a prize in elocution and quiz competitions in my academic career
3. Gold medalist in SSC and Engineering
4. Cricket team captain representing my school, college and organization

Why MBA: Want to transition into senior management roles in the IT industry with a focus on Retail and/or Banking domain.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Please review my profile below. I am planning to apply to IIM A , IIM B and ISB this year.

Background :
12 years of extensive experience in IT Services ( Large MNCs) with specialization in Life Sciences with 6+ years of international exposure.
Currently working as a Business Analyst/Functional Consultant for Large Pharma client in New Jersey, USA.
Expertise in Managed Care contracting and pricing, with core skills of data analytics for needed customizations of existing pricing tools and peripheral systems.

Undergrad Information :

Btech in Comp Sc with 8.35/10 GPA . CBSE 12TH : 71% , CBSE 10th : 79%

GMAT: 690 ( Q 47 , V 38 )

Work experience and leadership :

Started as typical IT developer with BI skills. Gradually ramped up core technical skills and business acumen. Moved into Data analysis for processing
NCPDP data from HMOs and PBMs. Built core competency in Commercial Contracting and Pricing tools like ModelN and Revitas. Lead team of 4-12 members on various upgrade and customization projects.
Moved into business analytics and consulting with strong technical skills for various Large Pharma clients. Worked in multi-million dollar projects as Business Analyst coordinating with multiple vendors.

Professional Cert : PAHM - 250 ( Professional - American Health Management ) from AHIP

Strengths:
- Knowing customer "needs" vs customer "wants"
- Communication skills

others:
-- Tabla enthusiast with 12+ years of playing/learning/teaching
-- Created numerous musical jingles and songs in Apple Garageband
-- Avid quizzer with numerous awards at school and college level

Post MBA goals:
-- Would love to join as Senior Consultant/Strategist in top 4 consulting firms in their LSHC domain
-- Work as a free consultant to bridge gaps in healthcare costs of people from poor economic background with a structured approach towards financial independence from health
care costs.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Hi all.
Please evaluate my profile for IIM A and IIM B PGPX
10th: 93.4%
12th: 89.4%
NTSE: cleared 1st round with an All Rajasthan Rank- 19th
SSTSE (State Science Talent Search Examination) : cleared
College: IIT(BHU) , varanasi
CGPA: 8.20
GMAT: 670
work-ex: 4.5 yrs as an entrepreneur.
Work details: I am the managing director of the company. Our company is basically a specialized steel manufacturing unit, dealing with the same branch in which I did my b.tech in, i.e., Metallurgical Engineering .Being the managing director, I look on every aspect of the this new firm, be it product development, product manufacturing and the final marketing of the product.
Our profits and revenues both show positive trends since the start of our new venture.
Extra curricular activities:
1) Badminton winner at the district level 2 times and also represented the district at the states level. I also won the first year inter branch badminton tournament in our college.
2) Won various chess tournaments at society as well as district level.
3) Participated in athletics as a 200m sprinter in the inter school tournaments.
4) Played squash in inter school tournaments.
5) Won various debates and essay writing competitions at school level.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 4
Send PM
Dear GMAT club community;

I gave my GMAT on 14th of October and secured 700(Q : 50, v : 34, IR : 7 , AWA : 4.5). I am a chemical engineer having 10+ years( 7 years overseas) of experience in Operation department of Petrochemical plants. I have 6+years of experience as a manager. My choice for colleges are IIM A/B/C, ISB Hyderabad.
What are my chances.

Regards,
Rahul
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hello MB83

Yours is a mixed bag- good brands on the CV, decent past grades are things that work in your favor.
Slightly below par GMAT (for IIMA/C) can be a slight worry. For IIML may not be a problem, not sure about the other B Schools that you are targeting.
Another hurdle that you will have to tackle is showcasing a need for an MBA at this stage (if you have already moved into a managerial position). This ties in to a bigger concern- what are your specific career goals? What roles do you aspire to be in post MBA? Why can't you get into senior roles without an MBA? This narrative will be key for you.
Lastly, there is much missing info in your profile- career progress, achievements, business impact, extracurricular activities (school/college activities do not play much weight unless you have achieved something spectacular)

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

MB83 wrote:
Hi,

Can someone help evaluate my profile, please?

Work Experience: 14 years of experience in IT sector with companies like Infosys and JP Morgan Chase.
Worked on purely technical roles in the early part of my career and then transitioned to managerial roles later.

Education:
10th - 88% (SSC, AP)
12th - 93.4% (Intermediate, AP)
B.E. (I.T.) - 84.3% (Osmania University)

GMAT: 690 (QA - 49; VA - 36)
Targeted B-Schools: IIM-A, IIM-C, IIM-L and few foreign colleges.

Extras :
1. Participated in drama in school and college
2. Winner of many a prize in elocution and quiz competitions in my academic career
3. Gold medalist in SSC and Engineering
4. Cricket team captain representing my school, college and organization

Why MBA: Want to transition into senior management roles in the IT industry with a focus on Retail and/or Banking domain.
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello kalstheiceberg

It is eerie how many profiles are similar to yours (just look at this forum, past few posts are talking similar GMAT, IT experience.
While international experience and decent grades will help- this GMAT will not help you stand out much.
Plus the IT tag will require you to bring qualitative strengths from your work ex and extracurricular to stand out (quick career progress, impact on business, extracurricular activities)
IIMB might be a slight challenge as the recommended upper limit for EPGP is 12 years (not set in stone though)
Coming to your post MBA goals are you planning to move in Management Consulting? I hope you have done your research and are aware of the challenges of moving into this role with your experience. You do not want to end up writing career goals that are unrealistic/inorganic. This will make you come across as an employment risk.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

kalstheiceberg wrote:
Please review my profile below. I am planning to apply to IIM A , IIM B and ISB this year.

Background :
12 years of extensive experience in IT Services ( Large MNCs) with specialization in Life Sciences with 6+ years of international exposure.
Currently working as a Business Analyst/Functional Consultant for Large Pharma client in New Jersey, USA.
Expertise in Managed Care contracting and pricing, with core skills of data analytics for needed customizations of existing pricing tools and peripheral systems.

Undergrad Information :

Btech in Comp Sc with 8.35/10 GPA . CBSE 12TH : 71% , CBSE 10th : 79%

GMAT: 690 ( Q 47 , V 38 )

Work experience and leadership :

Started as typical IT developer with BI skills. Gradually ramped up core technical skills and business acumen. Moved into Data analysis for processing
NCPDP data from HMOs and PBMs. Built core competency in Commercial Contracting and Pricing tools like ModelN and Revitas. Lead team of 4-12 members on various upgrade and customization projects.
Moved into business analytics and consulting with strong technical skills for various Large Pharma clients. Worked in multi-million dollar projects as Business Analyst coordinating with multiple vendors.

Professional Cert : PAHM - 250 ( Professional - American Health Management ) from AHIP

Strengths:
- Knowing customer "needs" vs customer "wants"
- Communication skills

others:
-- Tabla enthusiast with 12+ years of playing/learning/teaching
-- Created numerous musical jingles and songs in Apple Garageband
-- Avid quizzer with numerous awards at school and college level

Post MBA goals:
-- Would love to join as Senior Consultant/Strategist in top 4 consulting firms in their LSHC domain
-- Work as a free consultant to bridge gaps in healthcare costs of people from poor economic background with a structured approach towards financial independence from health
care costs.
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello sid121

Though your work ex seems strong, what are your career goals my friend? Why MBA at all? A strong narrative here will make or break your application.
Extracurricular are interesting, but do you have any recent activities? (Most School/college activities are too old to show a long term and serious involvement at this stage)
In light of this, I'd suggest you retake the GMAT and target 700+ as it does not do justice to your academic background or work experience.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

sid121 wrote:
Hi all.
Please evaluate my profile for IIM A and IIM B PGPX
10th: 93.4%
12th: 89.4%
NTSE: cleared 1st round with an All Rajasthan Rank- 19th
SSTSE (State Science Talent Search Examination) : cleared
College: IIT(BHU) , varanasi
CGPA: 8.20
GMAT: 670
work-ex: 4.5 yrs as an entrepreneur.
Work details: I am the managing director of the company. Our company is basically a specialized steel manufacturing unit, dealing with the same branch in which I did my b.tech in, i.e., Metallurgical Engineering .Being the managing director, I look on every aspect of the this new firm, be it product development, product manufacturing and the final marketing of the product.
Our profits and revenues both show positive trends since the start of our new venture.
Extra curricular activities:
1) Badminton winner at the district level 2 times and also represented the district at the states level. I also won the first year inter branch badminton tournament in our college.
2) Won various chess tournaments at society as well as district level.
3) Participated in athletics as a 200m sprinter in the inter school tournaments.
4) Played squash in inter school tournaments.
5) Won various debates and essay writing competitions at school level.
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello rahulsri459

GMAT is slightly below average. Work ex is slightly above average for ISB (means an outlier) but close to average for IIMs.
Admissions, hence chances, depend on other qualitative aspects of your profile such as achievements at work, career progress, impact on business, contribution in extracurricular activities and most importantly clarity of career goals (and fit with the B Schools). In absence of this information and since you have shared just 'stats' of your profile- the feedback will also be on those stats only.
You may want to read here on the factors that are essential for your written application and here on career goals.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

rahulsri459 wrote:
Dear GMAT club community;

I gave my GMAT on 14th of October and secured 700(Q : 50, v : 34, IR : 7 , AWA : 4.5). I am a chemical engineer having 10+ years( 7 years overseas) of experience in Operation department of Petrochemical plants. I have 6+years of experience as a manager. My choice for colleges are IIM A/B/C, ISB Hyderabad.
What are my chances.

Regards,
Rahul
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 67
Send PM
Hi
Kindly, evaluate my profile.

Male, 42, Indian

GMAT: 730

Undergrad: 10th: 57%
12th: 71%
B Com: 64%

Experience: Total 20 years
Entrepreneur: 15 years (Running my coaching class at Nagpur) Working as a chief trainer & mentor.
Asian Paints: 2 years (Sales)
Tata-BP: 3 Years (Sales)

Having corporate experience of only 5 years, that too 15 years ago. No international experience.

Why PGPX: 1) Would like to learn some new skill sets to take my Business to a new height.
2) Would like to explore opportunities to become a professor in premier MBA colleges. After PGPX, would like to explore opportunities for PHD or Fellowship program in any premier institute.

Posted from my mobile device
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hello Maxxachiever

1) The age will definitely make you an outlier- not necessarily a deal breaker, but will make it very difficult to get the initial shortlist. You should have a very strong reason to pursue an MBA now.
2) That brings me to the next point- more than the age you 'reasons' to pursue the PGPX program (or any top MBA program for that matter) do not seem very strong in my humble opinion.
a) If you wish to do it to grow your business, good- but why not pursue an executive MBA that is more suited for your work ex and since you will most likely not even need placement support.
b) If you wish to pursue a PhD/Fellowship in business and become a teacher, an MBA is a bad idea (and that too at the age of 42). There are several reasons. One you will be paying close to INR 30 Lacs. Reason1- If you choose to fund your education with a loan, then you would ideally want to work for a few years to pay it back. Reason 2- Even if you can afford it by paying from your pocket, spending 30 lacs (or more) will not make sense from a financial perspective as you can pursue a fellowship/PhD in business without an MBA at almost all top B Schools including IIMA. And the first ~2 years' curriculum of a fellow/PhD will anyway cover what you study in an MBA. Reason 3- A PhD itself is a ~4-5 year program. You add 1 yer PGPX and a few years' work ex before a PhD means you are taking close to 8-10 years (if not more) before you even begin your academic career. If you wish to go into academics- no MBA, just PhD is enough.
3) Apart from that, your GMAT looks pretty solid especially for someone with extensive experience- this can be a plus for you (notwithstanding the above)
4) Corporate work ex is not a preference for PhD or MBA.

To conclude, before proceeding, you may want to get your goals in line- it will help you choose the right program.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Maxxachiever wrote:
Hi
Kindly, evaluate my profile.

Male, 42, Indian

GMAT: 730

Undergrad: 10th: 57%
12th: 71%
B Com: 64%

Experience: Total 20 years
Entrepreneur: 15 years (Running my coaching class at Nagpur) Working as a chief trainer & mentor.
Asian Paints: 2 years (Sales)
Tata-BP: 3 Years (Sales)

Having corporate experience of only 5 years, that too 15 years ago. No international experience.

Why PGPX: 1) Would like to learn some new skill sets to take my Business to a new height.
2) Would like to explore opportunities to become a professor in premier MBA colleges. After PGPX, would like to explore opportunities for PHD or Fellowship program in any premier institute.

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 67
Send PM
Thanks a lot Varun for such a nice and detailed analysis of my profile.

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi,
About me:
I have 10 years of experience in software development, designing and architecting. 5 years of experience in managing people, project and product to varied degrees. In both of my stints above I have stood up things from ground up be it software, teams or products.

Goal:
I am considering to get a degree from reputed business institutes, like IIM or ISB. The core goal is to have formal education on business and finance side. This I believe will help boost my career. Can someone in this group help me with following questions please?:
1) Do comment on my goals or aspirations. Does it make sense?
2) What are the positions offered to candidate after completing programmes like IIMA-PGPX, IIMC-PGPEX and IIMB-EPGP?
3) With 15 years of experience(and practically by the time I get admission it would be 15+) what do you think is the best course that I can choose?

With Best Regards,
Praveen
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello PraveenJC

Please see my replies in Blue

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

PraveenJC wrote:
Hi,
About me:
I have 10 years of experience in software development, designing and architecting. 5 years of experience in managing people, project and product to varied degrees. In both of my stints above I have stood up things from ground up be it software, teams or products.

Goal:
I am considering to get a degree from reputed business institutes, like IIM or ISB. The core goal is to have formal education on business and finance side. This I believe will help boost my career. Can someone in this group help me with following questions please?:
1) Do comment on my goals or aspirations. Does it make sense? With all due respect, where is the career goal my friend? You have mentioned you want formal education in business and finance to boost your career. Boost your career into what positions? Which organizations? What is the short term goals immediately after an MBA? What is the long term vision of your career? You've not mentioned your goals, so tough to say whether they sound realistic or not.
2) What are the positions offered to candidate after completing programmes like IIMA-PGPX, IIMC-PGPEX and IIMB-EPGP? That is a very broad question, but most people from software may end up in Product Management, IT consulting, Project Management etc. Some may change roles and move into Pre-Sales, Solutions Architect etc. You should see where your interest and abilities lie.
3) With 15 years of experience(and practically by the time I get admission it would be 15+) what do you think is the best course that I can choose?With 15 years, the likes of IIMB might be tough from a profile perspective. They prefer to admit peoples with 5-12 years of ex. (no hard cutoff though). But a good program for you is not judged just on profile but also on career goals. With 15 years of work ex, your goals will decide the right program for you. IIMA and IIMC admit students with extensive work ex so that works, but 'years' is just one small part of your profile and there are several other factors at play. You may want to read here on the factors that matter in your written application and here on career goals.

With Best Regards,
Praveen
Intern
Intern
Schools: IIMA PGPX"20
GPA: 3.32
Send PM
I just gave my gmat today and scored a 670(q49 v33 ir 5). I have 11 experience in instrumentation control engineering in projects and maintenance at Indian oil Corporation limited. I have completed my B.tech from NIT trichy with Cgpa 8.2. I can get organisation sponsorship for the course. Please evaluate my profile for IIMA pgpx and IIMB epgp. I don't have certificates regarding extra curicular but Iam highly active in event management for IOCL. Also I have some certificate courses, all in core engineering and two awards from my organization.

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: IIMA PGPX"20
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
Send PM
Hi All,

Can anyone please evaluate my profile. Do I have any chance in getting a call from either ISB or IIM-A PGPX programs for 2019-20 .

GMAT - 690 (V 35, Q 48)

10th - 87.5 %
12th- 94 %
Btech- 69 %

4 years of work ex in IT company as a software developer and one year gap from 2017-18 because of health issues.

Please help me out.

Thanks in advance.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  43