Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 22:08 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 22:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
WE:Other (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 90
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi everyone,

Can anyone please evaluate my profile?

Background and nationality - B.Tech, Metallurgical & materials engineering, Indian

Undergrad Information - IGIT Sarang, Govt college under BPUT, Odisha

GMAT: 690 (Q47 :(, V-37), spoilt my score with IR - 2, AWA - 4, BIGGEST mistake-didn't prepare, overlooked both sections.

Work experience and leadership - 6 years in steel manufacturing in Jindal Stainless, first job, one promotion, fast track employee, Have been working at steel melt shop. Have worked in various roles in a newly commissioned plant starting from production stabilization to costing & currently manager in process control: Work involves validating, designing & improving practices for production of cost effective quality products for end customers. Have been project lead from my deptt for IoT & industry 4i initiative.

Post MBA goals - would like to be back in manufacturing or consulting

Do i even stand ny chance of getting into ISB or any of the IIMs ??????????
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Send PM
Hello lori

ISB has clarified that they will not be looking at IR scores, so that is not your worry.
690 is lower that the average at ISB/IIM A/B/C but you may have a chance if you can talk in depth around your work ex and career goals.
You can read here on what matters in the written application.
In the info given, not able to identify achievements or career progression and the need for an MBA (if you wish to stay in manufacturing, then why? What roles are you aspiring for? The schools will need more specific answers here)

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

lori wrote:
Hi everyone,

Can anyone please evaluate my profile?

Background and nationality - B.Tech, Metallurgical & materials engineering, Indian

Undergrad Information - IGIT Sarang, Govt college under BPUT, Odisha

GMAT: 690 (Q47 :(, V-37), spoilt my score with IR - 2, AWA - 4, BIGGEST mistake-didn't prepare, overlooked both sections.

Work experience and leadership - 6 years in steel manufacturing in Jindal Stainless, first job, one promotion, fast track employee, Have been working at steel melt shop. Have worked in various roles in a newly commissioned plant starting from production stabilization to costing & currently manager in process control: Work involves validating, designing & improving practices for production of cost effective quality products for end customers. Have been project lead from my deptt for IoT & industry 4i initiative.

Post MBA goals - would like to be back in manufacturing or consulting

Do i even stand ny chance of getting into ISB or any of the IIMs ??????????
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Given Kudos: 43
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.58
WE:General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hi guys,

I am a current student at PGPX, IIMA.

Feel free to PM me, reply to the post etc if you want to ask any question/ know any information regarding the PGPX program at IIM Ahmedabad.

I will try to get back to you as soon as possible (most likely within a few hours to a day).

In the meantime, you can watch the following videos by the current students at IIMA PGPX on

1)The diversity of applicants at IIMA PGPX:-
https://youtu.be/5pk1avttRyU

2)Preparation to get into IIMA PGPX, from GMAT/GRE to interview prep:-
Part I:
https://youtu.be/feQZz02xZnE

Part II:-
https://youtu.be/GMCuKKF4dqE

You can follow the official pages of IIMA for more information:

LinkedIn:-
https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/pgpxatiima/

Facebook:-
https://lnkd.in/faUKiHX

Twitter:-
https://lnkd.in/f4cRmZm

All the best
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
Guys,
If you want we can do a live chat and live go through of the PGPX application portal today, sometime in the evening. Let me know.
Regards
Subhankar
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
Send PM
Hi .. I have a GMAT score 660
Work exp. of 12 yrs
Working in a leading Maharatna Public Sector Company( Power Sector).
I have been part of multibillion dollar projects with national and cross country significance.
from project feasibility to execution stage.
The technology which i am working on is niche with international exposure.

What are my prospects ???
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
vishwajeet2015 wrote:
Hi .. I have a GMAT score 660
Work exp. of 12 yrs
Working in a leading Maharatna Public Sector Company( Power Sector).
I have been part of multibillion dollar projects with national and cross country significance.
from project feasibility to execution stage.
The technology which i am working on is niche with international exposure.

What are my prospects ???

I would say decent. If you had a 680+ GMAT score, I would say good. You can make it through: Highlight your achievements/ what you did in the projects you talked about, and your learning and apply. Round 1 is better to apply for the GMAT score that you have. If it doesn’t work, retake the GMAT, and reapply in round 2 with a score of 700+.

All the best.

Regards

Subhankar

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Shubhankar,

Here is my profile .

Scored 680 in Gmat .

1) 9 years of work exp with Accenture and Cognizant combined .
2) Expertise in niche domain Life Sciences
3) Worker as both Project Manager and Business Consultant.
4) Handling an entire team of 15 members and responsible for entire Delivery from India.
5) Responsibile for large scale automations at our Project .
6) worked on RFPs as Life Sciences and PharmaCoVigilance expert .
7) Delivered training’s for audience including leadership.
8) ITIL certified
9) Prince 2 Certified .

Extra Curricular

1) Run my own photography business.
2) more than 180 clients in 5 years
3) turn over of rupees 1.5 million .
4) rich client base such as GoIbibo’s CTO and an ex IAS officer .

5) collaborated with an independent musical Project And responsible for its cover shoot .
6) the band is also listed as an independent musical group in Apple Music, Sound cloud.com
7) Co founder a talent platform called Vilupt with more than 1000 members in it.

Tx,
Anush

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Send PM
Hello abgraphy

The 'stats' of your profile are decent, but what are your career goals my friend?

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

abgraphy wrote:
Hi Shubhankar,

Here is my profile .

Scored 680 in Gmat .

4) Handling an entire team of 15 members and responsible for entire Delivery from India.
8) ITIL certified
9) Prince 2 Certified .

Extra Curricular

5) collaborated with an independent musical Project And responsible for its cover shoot .
6) the band is also listed as an independent musical group in Apple Music, Sound cloud.com
7) Co founder a talent platform called Vilupt with more than 1000 members in it.

Tx,
Anush

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hi guys,

My name is Arpit Sharma. I am 31 years old and have a work-exp of 7 years now in multiple domains.

Nationality : Indian
Background & Work- exp: Engineering from an average college
Married , no kids

5 years in telecom sector with 6 months international experience (Greece, Romania, Egypt) as an Engineer. Team leading and customer engagement
experience.Then I switched to Central Government audit after being selected through a competitive exam. This is in finance domain ( 15 months experience).
I left the organization to prepare for higher competitive exams like UPSC CSE. Did some freelancing for 1 year.
Then joined an educational startup as Marketing manager for 4.5 months (so have marketing and teaching experience).
Got selected in Comptroller & Auditor General as Assistant Audit Officer (Gazetted) and currently working here. I lead a team here and we audit government
organizations.

So, total work-exp of 7+ years + 1 year of freelancing experience in making educational content and videos (if that counts). Experience in technology side,
financial audit and accounts side as well as in marketing and online teaching.

Academics: Pretty average: B.Tech with 65.7% marks
10th : 74% marks
12th : 79.8% marks

GMAT : Scored 710 . Planning again in next 2 months for 750+

Extra curricular : I have an educational youtube channel with approx 10k subscribers where I teach, guide aspirants of government exams. I do this with the
help of other social media channels like facebook, twitter, quora etc. I am an environmental enthusiast and we plant trees in and around
Bangalore. I like to learn and invest in stocks. I love cycling and reading in free time.

Please suggest if my profile is good for IIM A PGPX / IIM B EPGP / IIM C PGPEX / SPJAIN / IIM Indore EPGP / ISB in this order if I score around 750 in GMAT.
Any suggested areas of improvement ?
I am working as a Gazetted Officer in Indian Government in financial auditing field. Is there any difficulty for Central Government employees ?

Regards//
Arpit
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hello Arpit16

Your profile is good for the listed schools even with a 710. Your work ex and extracurricular are strong and will help your stand out versus other applicants.
A 750 on the GMAT will help further.
The only challenge I see here is around your career goals- with no info on it, tough to give a meaningful feedback.
These schools will look at a specific answer here.
Make sure in your written application, you highlight the admission factors mentioned here and tie your past with specific career goals (reading here might help)

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Arpit16 wrote:
Hi guys,

My name is Arpit Sharma. I am 31 years old and have a work-exp of 7 years now in multiple domains.

Nationality : Indian
Background & Work- exp: Engineering from an average college
Married , no kids

5 years in telecom sector with 6 months international experience (Greece, Romania, Egypt) as an Engineer. Team leading and customer engagement
experience.Then I switched to Central Government audit after being selected through a competitive exam. This is in finance domain ( 15 months experience).
I left the organization to prepare for higher competitive exams like UPSC CSE. Did some freelancing for 1 year.
Then joined an educational startup as Marketing manager for 4.5 months (so have marketing and teaching experience).
Got selected in Comptroller & Auditor General as Assistant Audit Officer (Gazetted) and currently working here. I lead a team here and we audit government
organizations.

So, total work-exp of 7+ years + 1 year of freelancing experience in making educational content and videos (if that counts). Experience in technology side,
financial audit and accounts side as well as in marketing and online teaching.

Academics: Pretty average: B.Tech with 65.7% marks
10th : 74% marks
12th : 79.8% marks

GMAT : Scored 710 . Planning again in next 2 months for 750+

Extra curricular : I have an educational youtube channel with approx 10k subscribers where I teach, guide aspirants of government exams. I do this with the
help of other social media channels like facebook, twitter, quora etc. I am an environmental enthusiast and we plant trees in and around
Bangalore. I like to learn and invest in stocks. I love cycling and reading in free time.

Please suggest if my profile is good for IIM A PGPX / IIM B EPGP / IIM C PGPEX / SPJAIN / IIM Indore EPGP / ISB in this order if I score around 750 in GMAT.
Any suggested areas of improvement ?
I am working as a Gazetted Officer in Indian Government in financial auditing field. Is there any difficulty for Central Government employees ?

Regards//
Arpit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Thanks a lot Varun for your reply.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
abgraphy wrote:
Hi Shubhankar,

Here is my profile .

Scored 680 in Gmat .

8) ITIL certified
9) Prince 2 Certified .

Extra Curricular

Tx,
Anush

Since you are from IT background, a GMAT of 700+ would have been a plus. However, given your extracurricular, I think you have enough to get the adcom interested. Apply NOW in Round 1 itself. In case you don't get an interview call, reapply in Round 2. I think you should get an interview call as there are some differentiating factors in your profile. Make sure though that you keep your goals realistic during your application and interview. All the best

Regards

Subhankar

Originally posted by ruwithrdx on 02 Sep 2018, 06:52.
Last edited by ruwithrdx on 02 Sep 2018, 07:00, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [2]
Send PM
Kudos