Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 11:44 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 11:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Operations, International Business
Schools: IIMA PGPX'22
GPA: 3.73
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [1]
Schools: IIMA
Send PM
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Kudos
Midhila wrote:
Hi guys,

It will be great if someone can evaluate my profile and let me know what GMAT score should I target to bag a call from IIMA and B.

Age 31/Female

10th(CBSE)- 83%
12th(CBSE)- 78%
Computer Science Engineering(Calicut University Kerala)- 69%
Completed Business Leadership Programme with ICICI(MBA banking and finance)- CGPA of 7.0 (an elite programme with ICICI bankLtd)

Work Experience Total - 6.5 years+ (I am aiming for ISB round 1)
1. Infosys,Mangalore- Systems Engineer- 3 years

Here I worked in Core JAVA projects.

2. ICICI Bank Ltd, Mumbai-
a. 2016-2018(Commercial Banking): Worked as Account Manager for Big corporates like Marico, many gems and jewellery units. My client base included many SME clients. Also I led many New Client Acquisitions for my unit.
b. 2018-present:I am working in Operational risk profile as a Risk analyst with various groups mapped under me for Risk evaluation. Also I played a Key role in driving a software induction for my group within ICICI.

Achievements:Acknowleded for Highest Advance Tax collection across Mumbai.
Co-curricular- Plenty and plenty of award for various events,Debates,dramatics,including University level award and State level beauty pageant(won subtitle :)),
Volunteering: Worked as Placements officer with Make a Difference,Mangalore

- Just to add, I am a proud mom of 19 month old baby.

PostMBA goals: While I did work in business development with my current organisation, it became imperative that I switch to the present role postpartum. Now with this MBA I aim to switch industry and zing back to my earlier profile, even marketing profiles if possible as that is where my heart lies!

Thanks in advance! :)

Hello Midhila,

Your career has been interesting! From Software developer -> Account Management -> Business Development -> Risk Analyst ( from Technology to Banking)

If you are looking at schools such as ISB or IIMs you have a good chance.

When you talk about Marketing as your post MBA career goal make sure that you have a strong reason on why that makes sense to you and what is it in your current profile that you can leverage to get to that role.

It's always best to connect the dots to your current profile and then plan the post-MBA role. Being part of the software induction project in your current company goes well with your background in tech and wanting to spearhead such efforts. You could think of being part of roles which focus on digital transformation in companies rather than pure play marketing(since you have no background in marketing at all).

Do reach out or PM me if you need any specific help.

regards,
Shree
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [1]
Given Kudos: 76
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
Kudos
CrackVerbalShree wrote:
Midhila wrote:
Hi guys,

It will be great if someone can evaluate my profile and let me know what GMAT score should I target to bag a call from IIMA and B.

Age 31/Female

10th(CBSE)- 83%
12th(CBSE)- 78%
Computer Science Engineering(Calicut University Kerala)- 69%
Completed Business Leadership Programme with ICICI(MBA banking and finance)- CGPA of 7.0 (an elite programme with ICICI bankLtd)

Work Experience Total - 6.5 years+ (I am aiming for ISB round 1)
1. Infosys,Mangalore- Systems Engineer- 3 years

Here I worked in Core JAVA projects.

2. ICICI Bank Ltd, Mumbai-
a. 2016-2018(Commercial Banking): Worked as Account Manager for Big corporates like Marico, many gems and jewellery units. My client base included many SME clients. Also I led many New Client Acquisitions for my unit.
b. 2018-present:I am working in Operational risk profile as a Risk analyst with various groups mapped under me for Risk evaluation. Also I played a Key role in driving a software induction for my group within ICICI.

Achievements:Acknowleded for Highest Advance Tax collection across Mumbai.
Co-curricular- Plenty and plenty of award for various events,Debates,dramatics,including University level award and State level beauty pageant(won subtitle :)),
Volunteering: Worked as Placements officer with Make a Difference,Mangalore

- Just to add, I am a proud mom of 19 month old baby.

PostMBA goals: While I did work in business development with my current organisation, it became imperative that I switch to the present role postpartum. Now with this MBA I aim to switch industry and zing back to my earlier profile, even marketing profiles if possible as that is where my heart lies!

Thanks in advance! :)

Hello Midhila,

Your career has been interesting! From Software developer -> Account Management -> Business Development -> Risk Analyst ( from Technology to Banking)

If you are looking at schools such as ISB or IIMs you have a good chance.

When you talk about Marketing as your post MBA career goal make sure that you have a strong reason on why that makes sense to you and what is it in your current profile that you can leverage to get to that role.

It's always best to connect the dots to your current profile and then plan the post-MBA role. Being part of the software induction project in your current company goes well with your background in tech and wanting to spearhead such efforts. You could think of being part of roles which focus on digital transformation in companies rather than pure play marketing(since you have no background in marketing at all).

Do reach out or PM me if you need any specific help.

regards,
Shree

Thank a ton shree for your analysis..Will keep the points mentioned by u in my mind while writing the essays. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 65
Send PM
Hi
Please evaluate my profile for ISB PGP, IIMA/B/C EMBA, XLRI GMP.
Age 27/Female
Scores - GMAT 680 (Q48,V35,IR3) , GRE 319 (Q170,V149,AWA 4.5)
Work exp - 6 years in IT. Have worked in Software development,Production support,QA in good service and product based firms in mostly customer centric roles. Leading a team of 4. Won several awards for outstanding performance and have had high ratings throughout.
10th - 90.4%
12th - 83.2% (100/100 in Maths)
Graduation - 85% in B.Tech(Comp. Sc.)

Extra Curricular Activities - Passionate about dance and dramatics. Organized cultural fests, won several accolades in college and in the organizations I have worked.
Volunteering - Was associated with a NGO few years back.

PostMBA goals - I wanted to do an early MBA and work as a Marketing Manager but I couldn't do an MBA earlier. Now that I have worked in IT for 6 years, I am aiming for Product Marketing Manager/Strategy roles in leading IT firms post an EMBA.

Question - Should I re-appear for GMAT/apply in R2? or Should I apply with my GRE/GMAT score in R1? Any other suggestions please? Thanks in advance.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [1]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
mgr5 wrote:
Hi
Age 27/Female
Work exp - 6 years in IT. Have worked in Software development,Production support,QA in good service and product based firms in mostly customer centric roles. Leading a team of 4. Won several awards for outstanding performance and have had high ratings throughout.
10th - 90.4%

Extra Curricular Activities - Passionate about dance and dramatics. Organized cultural fests, won several accolades in college and in the organizations I have worked.

PostMBA goals - I wanted to do an early MBA and work as a Marketing Manager but I couldn't do an MBA earlier. Now that I have worked in IT for 6 years, I am aiming for Product Marketing Manager/Strategy roles in leading IT firms post an EMBA.

Question - Should I re-appear for GMAT/apply in R2? or Should I apply with my GRE/GMAT score in R1? Any other suggestions please? Thanks in advance.

HI mgr5,

It would be great if you could retake GMAT. Your last mock GMAT is a cool 730, which shows you have the potential to bring it up.
Otherwise your profile sounds pretty good, and submitting strong applications should definitely help bagging some interview calls.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
MBADecoder wrote:
mgr5 wrote:
Hi
Age 27/Female
10th - 90.4%

HI mgr5,

It would be great if you could retake GMAT. Your last mock GMAT is a cool 730, which shows you have the potential to bring it up.
Otherwise your profile sounds pretty good, and submitting strong applications should definitely help bagging some interview calls.

No need to take the GMAT again. If you feel comfortable with your essays and resume, then go ahead and apply to it. Last time I checked the current class GMAT ranges from 640 to 760. the GMAT + Previous college brand + Grades all together weigh around 25% of your points. Rest 75% are for essays, experience, extempore etc.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
kvishwa1987 wrote:
MBADecoder wrote:
mgr5 wrote:
Hi
Age 27/Female
10th - 90.4%

HI mgr5,

No need to take the GMAT again. If you feel comfortable with your essays and resume, then go ahead and apply to it. Last time I checked the current class GMAT ranges from 640 to 760. the GMAT + Previous college brand + Grades all together weigh around 25% of your points. Rest 75% are for essays, experience, extempore etc.

Given that she is planning to apply to several programs, including the best in rank, I think its a wise decision if she retakes GMAT and applies with a 700+ score. While it may be possible for her to crack all of these programs with her current score and profile, it can only serve her better to get a better score if there is potential to score higher.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools: ISB '21 (A)
Send PM
Apphelp sagarsir

Request for profile evaluation:
Debashis Roy
Exp: 6 + years
Domain Govt body in Agri farming sector
Role: Leading the Civil Engineering department in providing Technical Consultancy for Rural Infrastructure projects such as Warehouses, Food Godowns and Cold Storage chains.
Responsibilities: Project Planning, Preparation of Project Reports, Structural design evaluation and Estimation. Monitoring progress of work and Coordinating my team in execution to handover of projects. Coordinating with clients (mainly NABARD, State Govt and Central Govt Agri department) regarding progress of works.

Graduation BE (CIVIL)- 71 %
12th 82%
10th 89%

GMAT- 720

Please share your insights.
Thanks in advance
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Send PM
Debashis Roy wrote:
Apphelp sagarsir

Request for profile evaluation:
Debashis Roy
Exp: 6 + years
Domain Govt body in Agri farming sector
Role: Leading the Civil Engineering department in providing Technical Consultancy for Rural Infrastructure projects such as Warehouses, Food Godowns and Cold Storage chains.
Responsibilities: Project Planning, Preparation of Project Reports, Structural design evaluation and Estimation. Monitoring progress of work and Coordinating my team in execution to handover of projects. Coordinating with clients (mainly NABARD, State Govt and Central Govt Agri department) regarding progress of works.

Graduation BE (CIVIL)- 71 %
12th 82%
10th 89%

GMAT- 720

Please share your insights.
Thanks in advance

Hello Debashis Roy,

I am assuming you are looking at chances of applying to Indian B Schools. Your profile seems to be pure project management & stakeholder management profile. Your experience and GMAT Score is in place. What is important at this stage is to chalk out your goals well.

Since you are already into project management, what is it that you see yourself doing post-MBA is very important here. It has to be a goal that requires you to do an MBA or a role where you could leverage your past project management experience with large scale infrastructure projects.

Make sure you focus on a strong case around that. Do ping me if you need any help.

Regards,
Shree
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Send PM
mgr5 wrote:
Hi
Age 27/Female
10th - 90.4%

Volunteering - Was associated with a NGO a few years back.

Hello mgr5,

You seem to have great work experience and good career progression. 680 is a good score too. If you ask me it's a decent score for you to go ahead and apply. However, at any point, if you feel there is a scope for improvement retaking would be a wise choice to improve your chances for sure.

You are a good fit for all the schools you have listed with respect to your experience. What is also important is aligning your post MBA career goals too. Since you have a quality assurance/testing background - make sure you have a strong case to talk about getting into product marketing. Since the skills required for these kinds of roles are completely different. It's important for you to think through this as the adcom would also check if it's a feasible option for someone with your profile.

My suggestion would be since you are already at 680, you can take the test within a month and still apply for R1. Focus only on areas which need help/improvement.

Let me know if you need any help improving your Verbal or Quant Score.

Regards,
Shree
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 4
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi,
Please evaluate my profile for IIM A/C & ISB
Age 35/Male
Scores - GMAT 710 (Q49,V36,IR5)
Work exp - 13 years in Power Sector PSU. Have worked in Power projects execution and now in Project engineering management. Won several awards for outstanding performance in college and had high ratings from seniors.
10th - 74%
12th - 76% (98/100 in Physics)
Graduation - 79% in B.Tech(Electronics)
Got all India 1st rank in project management certification exam.
Extra Curricular Activities - Organized cultural & tech fests in college, won several accolades in college and in the organization I have worked.Passionate about social sector upliftment. Associated with govt. scheme implemented for schools through my organization.

Post MBA goals - I have worked for 13 years in energy sector, hence aiming for Consulting/Strategy roles in leading energy firms post an EMBA.

Any other suggestions are welcome.Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V30
Send PM
Hi,
Please evaluate my profile for IIM Lucknow IMPX and IIM Indore EPGP programs:
Male, 31
GMAT:640 (Q48,V30, IR8)
Workex: 9years as a Software Consultant, Worked with one of the big 4s for 3 years
Xth: 88%
XIIth: 80%
Graduation: 70% BTech (IT)
Extracurriculars: Volunteer exp in child education, feeding India, organizing many events in college and in professional career. Volunteer experience in AAP(political party) for 2019 General Elections campaign.
Post MBA goals: Strategy/Management consulting role in any of the big 4s or MBB.

Thanks.

Posted from my mobile device
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
malay12 wrote:
Hi,
Please evaluate my profile for IIM A/C & ISB
Age 35/Male
Scores - GMAT 710 (Q49,V36,IR5)
Work exp - 13 years in Power Sector PSU. Have worked in Power projects execution and now in Project engineering management. Won several awards for outstanding performance in college and had high ratings from seniors.
10th - 74%
12th - 76% (98/100 in Physics)
Graduation - 79% in B.Tech(Electronics)
Got all India 1st rank in project management certification exam.
Extra Curricular Activities - Organized cultural & tech fests in college, won several accolades in college and in the organization I have worked.Passionate about social sector upliftment. Associated with govt. scheme implemented for schools through my organization.

Post MBA goals - I have worked for 13 years in energy sector, hence aiming for Consulting/Strategy roles in leading energy firms post an EMBA.

Any other suggestions are welcome.Thanks.

Hi Malay,

your profile looks competitive. ISB may be a challenge given your age and number of years of WE. The PGP program is for younger applicants with the class average of work experience being 4.3 years. That said they do take in some senior applicants in their class regularly.
IIMB also prefers applicants with less than 12 years of work experience.
For ISB and IIMB, I'd encourage you to talk to admissions teams to get their views on their candidacy.
For IIMA, I would say, go ahead and apply. Also, add IIMC to the mix.

Regarding your goals, having 13+ years' experience, you shouldn't expect much change in your post MBA career. It would be prudent to talk about joining energy companies as opposed to a management consulting company (if that's on your mind).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 121
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 4
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hi,
Kindly evaluate my profile for ISB, IIMA PGPX.

Background and nationality: Indian, From Chennai.

Undergrad Information:
B.Tech., Chem Engg - 81% (Anna University, Chennai - ACT campus)
10th: 95.8%
12th: 97.16%

GMAT: 700 (Q49, V36, IR6, AWA6.0)

Worked in a plant manufacturing metallized ceramics - one of its kind in India. Focused on Product Development, Reverse Engineering and Process Innovation - 4.2 years.
Handled a team of 8 ppl. Worked on projects for foreign clients and defense sector.

Community and others:
Part of National Service Scheme in college - Senior volunteer for 2.5 yrs, conducting rural upliftment service camps and educational camps. Part of a NGO - for 1 year.

Post MBA goals: Looking at managing operations/manufacturing strategy. Hence, the MBA.

Anything else: Organized/won in various cultural and tech fests in college and other colleges. Have won medals in athletics at school level. Organising and MC'ing events in the company as well.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
equalizer wrote:
Hi,
Please evaluate my profile for IIM Lucknow IMPX and IIM Indore EPGP programs:
Male, 31
GMAT:640 (Q48,V30, IR8)
Workex: 9years as a Software Consultant, Worked with one of the big 4s for 3 years
Xth: 88%
XIIth: 80%
Graduation: 70% BTech (IT)
Extracurriculars: Volunteer exp in child education, feeding India, organizing many events in college and in professional career. Volunteer experience in AAP(political party) for 2019 General Elections campaign.
Post MBA goals: Strategy/Management consulting role in any of the big 4s or MBB.

Thanks.

HI Equalizer,

Your profile looks good for the programs you have selected, although I would have liked to know more about your work experience and your achievements there. Your GMAT is low, but it should work at these programs. We have helped some applicants with 640-660 scores to IIML/ Indore, with good results, so I believe you should be good with this score.
Your volunteering experience with AAP sounds interesting. I hope you have a nice leadership story to share from there.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
OhsostudiousMJ wrote:
Hi,
Kindly evaluate my profile for ISB, IIMA PGPX.

Background and nationality: Indian, From Chennai.

Undergrad Information:
B.Tech., Chem Engg - 81% (Anna University, Chennai - ACT campus)
10th: 95.8%
12th: 97.16%

GMAT: 700 (Q49, V36, IR6, AWA6.0)

Worked in a plant manufacturing metallized ceramics - one of its kind in India. Focused on Product Development, Reverse Engineering and Process Innovation - 4.2 years.
Handled a team of 8 ppl. Worked on projects for foreign clients and defense sector.

Community and others:
Part of National Service Scheme in college - Senior volunteer for 2.5 yrs, conducting rural upliftment service camps and educational camps. Part of a NGO - for 1 year.

Post MBA goals: Looking at managing operations/manufacturing strategy. Hence, the MBA.

Anything else: Organized/won in various cultural and tech fests in college and other colleges. Have won medals in athletics at school level. Organising and MC'ing events in the company as well.

Hi OhsostudiousMJ,

Does MJ stand for Michale Jackson?

Your work experience sounds interesting and suggests you have worked on several impactful projects. Bringing them out to the fore will be super crucial for you. You will be among the younger applicants at IIMA and giving the adcom comfort that you can contribute your rich experience and leadership skills to an older student base will be definitely important.

Your volunteering experience at college is a little dated, so I would place more importance on what you have done with the NGO in the past one year.
REgarding your goals - I'll need to know more. While its good to have realistic goals, at the same time they should also be aspirational. If its a position 1-2 level above your current position, then it doesn't really call for an MBA. I say this because I am not very clear about what you mean by managing operations. So do spend some time thinking about what makes sense for you from an MBA standpoint.
Feel free to discuss further with us.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Schools: ISB '21 (A)
Send PM
MBADecoder
I have 6+ yrs of experience in Engineering, construction and project management in the rural sector . With this experience will it be feasible if I intend for a switch in the vertical post MBA(such as operations/marketing) or will it sound more convincing if I opt for Real Estate Sector as my post MBA goal
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
Send PM
8 years in merchant Navy,
10- 80%
12- 91 %
GMAT- 680( v 35, q 48)
B. Sc. In marine marine engineering
Over the years have worked with diverse set of people ( over 10 nationalities) and worked in over 50 countries
Selected amongst 2000 employees to represent my company as a safety observer in a 10 million USD dry dock project in Turkey this year.

What are my prospects for pgpx and ISB ?
should I take the GMAT again or will my diverse profile help me get an offer from the B- school?

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  43