Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 06:28 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 06:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GPA: 3.5
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Male
Indian
GMAT Score- 750 ( Q-50, V-41, AWA-5, IR- 7)
Class X- 86%
Class XII- 84%
Engineer- Electrical (Jadavpur University)
CGPA-8.34/10
Work ex- almost 9 years
currently working with a Energy Consulting Firm (6 months) -advisory in Public policy in energy sector, client profitability and assistance towards electricity regulatory issues

8.4 years experience in corporate strategy at CESC, a major power utility based out of Kolkata in the Regulatory domain focusing on profitability as well as balancing between public policy interests. While competition plays a key role in pricing model for any commodity in the world, electricity being an essential commodity in a developing economy like India, worked closely with Government and regulatory bodies to provide a sustainable yet profitable long term techno commercial solutions for consumer tariff and other operational parameters.
Extra-curricular activities include adventure sports, represented company and department in various football tournaments, part of company initiatives in CSR activities, Founder member at College Tech fest and Finance Head at College fests

Kindly evaluate- targeting ISB/ IIM A/B/C
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 516 [1]
Given Kudos: 227
Concentration: Nonprofit, Sustainability
Schools: ISB '23
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V30
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
Dears,

IIMB is hosting a webinar today at 7:00 PM IST. Feel free to join the webinar to deepen your understanding of the EPGP program. I hope this will also clarify your profile evaluation queries.

How can I join the webinar?
Click here: https://iimberpsrv.iimb.ernet.in/prod/szkepoh.sfshow to register.

Tagging IIMBEPGP

Cheers.
Current Student
Given Kudos: 62
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GPA: 3.5
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hi Experts MBAkarma , ExpertsGlobal, GyanOne or anyone, could you please evaluate my profile and advise.

Thanks
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Expert Reply
traceroute wrote:
Hi Experts,

Could you please evaluate my profile for IIM A/B/C/L/I 1 year MBA program in coming cycle.

Education-
1 year Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Analysis & Control - 60.5% State University 2010
B.E. Computer Engineering - 64.5% State University 2009
12th CBSE - 74% 2004
10th CBSE - 76% 2002

GMAT - I have given GMAT three years ago and scored 550 (Q 44, V23, AWA 3.5, IR 5), planning to retake.

Work Ex -
Currently working as a Product Manager in one of world's largest IB for last 1.1 year.
1.7 year as a Business Analyst in one of the largest sell side investment company.
3.10 year as a Lead Associate in a leading BPM company (Analytics 1.8 yr + Finance 2 yr)
2 year as Software Engineer in a startup (I started my career here) (Pure tech + some client interaction)

Extra Curricular - Not too much to vouch for, but done some volunteering work in office and played TT.

Professional Qualification -
FRM Holder
SAS Certified Base/Advance, however I don't code now.

Career Goal-
Moving in to financial industry again, either at international or domestic company. Or to do strategy work at domestics companies.

Will not having an international experience hurt my chances and what will be a competitive GMAT score (considering ppl with my profile are not the biggest constitute of the class and me unable to cross 700+ as of now and hovering between 650-680)

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Given the intense competition at the top IIMs, I'd recommend a score of 700 or more. Its always good to have international experience, because applicants bring some diversity of thought with it, but its not going to be a deal breaker. You should build your application on your own strengths. What will matter is showing that you have leadership skills and you have made an impact on your organizations. Both A & B ask questions about your job responsibilities and achievements and you'd want to make the right impression here.
Also, it will be important to show that you have already built some business skills in your current roles and you'd leverage these in your next roles.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
m1033512 wrote:
Could you evaluate my profile and tell me the GMAT to get chance at IIM A B or C .

B.Tech ( Computer science and Engg ) Graduate with 65%
10th 67%
12th 70%

Work Exp 9 years of IT in all big MNCs

Have been part of digital india Intitative of Gov of India .

1. have experience in client management

2. have started one business also in manufacturing,but failed :)

Got best team award for one of client delivery

3. No foreign exposure

Could you tell me the required GMAT score .

I am just preparing for GMAT and plan to give jn mid July.
Posted from my mobile device

Simple answer here: Aim for a 700+. Always beneficial.
The rest of your profile is pretty much in accordance with what these institutes look for. However, your chances of admission will depend upon how well you present your profile through the form, and tell your story through the essays. Specifically, think of projecting in shining light, your leadership skills, your career progression and the impact you have made on your company's / clients' businesses. Your role in the digital India initiative and the manufacturing startup could throw up some interesting stories that show your leadership skills and impact. However, since B & C require only an SOP, it would be important to select the stories that link directly with your career goals.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
wizbiz007 wrote:
Male
Indian
GMAT Score- 750 ( Q-50, V-41, AWA-5, IR- 7)
Class X- 86%
Class XII- 84%
Engineer- Electrical (Jadavpur University)
CGPA-8.34/10
Work ex- almost 9 years
currently working with a Energy Consulting Firm (6 months) -advisory in Public policy in energy sector, client profitability and assistance towards electricity regulatory issues

8.4 years experience in corporate strategy at CESC, a major power utility based out of Kolkata in the Regulatory domain focusing on profitability as well as balancing between public policy interests. While competition plays a key role in pricing model for any commodity in the world, electricity being an essential commodity in a developing economy like India, worked closely with Government and regulatory bodies to provide a sustainable yet profitable long term techno commercial solutions for consumer tariff and other operational parameters.
Extra-curricular activities include adventure sports, represented company and department in various football tournaments, part of company initiatives in CSR activities, Founder member at College Tech fest and Finance Head at College fests

Kindly evaluate- targeting ISB/ IIM A/B/C

Great profile. Apply to all these programs and you'll be in the race. You seem to already be doing well for yourself, so do explain in the application, why you need an MBA at all.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile for IIM A/B/C and Isb.

Class X (CBSE) - 75%
Class XII - 88%
Undergrad - B.Tech in Chemical Engineering (3.5/4)

1) Started off my career in marketing and sales for a data science education startup - 2.7 years.
2) Worked for two MNCs on a 3 month market research project to help determine the possibility of setting up a new joint business venture in India.
3) Obtained a certificate in data science and worked on another 3 month project to help optimize incentive payouts for a North American fast food company.
4) I then got a masters degree in analytics in the US (3.4/4) and have been working at an insurance company as a data scientist for the last three years(in the US). Over the last few years, I’ve worked on data science projects, led strategy planning - which led to the establishment of an r&d team that focuses on cutting edge data science applications ( NLP, Deep learning) in the insurance industry and evaluate vendors/partners.

Extra-curriculur activities include playing the drums and doing some volunteer work.

I am hoping to start school next year and would like some guidance on what an appropriate gmat score will be and if the profile seems remotely acceptable.

Thank you for your time!

CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Rozza7 wrote:
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile for IIM A/B/C and Isb.

Class X (CBSE) - 75%
Class XII - 88%
Undergrad - B.Tech in Chemical Engineering (3.5/4)

1) Started off my career in marketing and sales for a data science education startup - 2.7 years.
2) Worked for two MNCs on a 3 month market research project to help determine the possibility of setting up a new joint business venture in India.
3) Obtained a certificate in data science and worked on another 3 month project to help optimize incentive payouts for a North American fast food company.
4) I then got a masters degree in analytics in the US (3.4/4) and have been working at an insurance company as a data scientist for the last three years(in the US). Over the last few years, I’ve worked on data science projects, led strategy planning - which led to the establishment of an r&d team that focuses on cutting edge data science applications ( NLP, Deep learning) in the insurance industry and evaluate vendors/partners.

Extra-curriculur activities include playing the drums and doing some volunteer work.

I am hoping to start school next year and would like some guidance on what an appropriate gmat score will be and if the profile seems remotely acceptable.

Thank you for your time!

Hi Rozza,

You should enter the MBA applications with elan, rather than wonder if your profile is "remotely acceptable". I think it's great. Specifically, I like the fact that you have been involved in the business side, right from the start of your career. You have topped that with a hot degree in analytics. While your work achievements sound good, yet you will have to establish why you need an MBA at all. Obviously, an MBA is just a means to an end, with the end being some large scale impact that you wish to create in the mid/long term. Think through your career goals and make sure they are aspirational ( yet logical). Having a strong career purpose is the best way to convince the adcom.

A GMAT above 700 is beneficial, so work towards that. The higher, the better.
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Expert Reply
traceroute wrote:
Hi Experts,

Could you please evaluate my profile for IIM A/B/C/L/I 1 year MBA program in coming cycle.

Education-
1 year Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Analysis & Control - 60.5% State University 2010
B.E. Computer Engineering - 64.5% State University 2009
12th CBSE - 74% 2004
10th CBSE - 76% 2002

GMAT - I have given GMAT three years ago and scored 550 (Q 44, V23, AWA 3.5, IR 5), planning to retake.

Work Ex -
Currently working as a Product Manager in one of world's largest IB for last 1.1 year.
1.7 year as a Business Analyst in one of the largest sell side investment company.
3.10 year as a Lead Associate in a leading BPM company (Analytics 1.8 yr + Finance 2 yr)
2 year as Software Engineer in a startup (I started my career here) (Pure tech + some client interaction)

Extra Curricular - Not too much to vouch for, but done some volunteering work in office and played TT.

Professional Qualification -
FRM Holder
SAS Certified Base/Advance, however I don't code now.

Career Goal-
Moving in to financial industry again, either at international or domestic company. Or to do strategy work at domestics companies.

Will not having an international experience hurt my chances and what will be a competitive GMAT score (considering ppl with my profile are not the biggest constitute of the class and me unable to cross 700+ as of now and hovering between 650-680)

Thanks in advance.

Hello traceroute,

Thanks for writing in.

Not having international experience will not be a major set back especially since your work experience is quite rich otherwise.

The major concern area is the GMAT; you will need to look at a 700 at least; the higher the better.

We suggest that you get done with the GMAT; once the GMAT is out of the way, focus on your essays.

Should you feel the need for a detailed discussion, please feel free to reach out.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 54
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hello every one...

Request your help in profile assessment.

Current position: SR.Officer - Operations at GSPC LNG Ltd ( State PSU )

Overall Experience: 5 years 7 months years (including 4 years on project management & 1.5 year in plant operations)

UG degree: Petroleum Engineering ( Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University)
UG (%): 74.3%

GMAT: 710 (09/21/2017)

I am currently pursuing my PMP certification

I am looking for some honest assessment. I am looking to get into EPGP at IIM A/B/C/L/I or similar.

Thanks in advance
Abhinav

Send PM
Expert Reply
abhinav2892 wrote:
Hello every one...

Request your help in profile assessment.

Current position: SR.Officer - Operations at GSPC LNG Ltd ( State PSU )

Overall Experience: 5 years 7 months years (including 4 years on project management & 1.5 year in plant operations)

UG degree: Petroleum Engineering ( Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University)
UG (%): 74.3%

GMAT: 710 (09/21/2017)

I am currently pursuing my PMP certification

I am looking for some honest assessment. I am looking to get into EPGP at IIM A/B/C/L/I or similar.

Thanks in advance
Abhinav

Hello abhinav2892,

Thanks for writing in.

While you may be eligible for the EMBA programs at most schools, your experience will be on the lower side for the same (as 5 years is mostly just the cut-off mark for EMBA). Why are you not considering a regular MBA; 5 years of experience is quite the ideal time to pursue a full-time MBA. You could also consider the 1-year program at ISB.

While you have not shared major details pertaining to your achievements at work, extra-curricular activities, and career goals, you do have a decent profile for the schools you are targetting; your chances, however, will depend on how your overall profile looks and how well you tie up all the facets of the same in your essays.

Should you wish to have a detailed discussion, please feel free to write to us.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 151
GPA: 3
Send PM
Male
Indian
Class X- 80%
Class XII- 74%
Engineer- B.Tech (Metallurgy)
CGPA- 7.29/10
Work ex- 6 years in DRDO; (as in july 19)
Worked with multiple government organisation for various product development
managing a project team
Extra-curricular activities: POR General Secretary of dept group, 1 award for technical presentation (both during college)

Kindly evaluate- targeting IIM A/B/C
Also, Tell me the required GMAT Score
Thank you in advance for assessing my profile :)
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
GoSatyen wrote:
Male
Indian
Class X- 80%
Class XII- 74%
CGPA- 7.29/10
managing a project team
Extra-curricular activities: POR General Secretary of dept group, 1 award for technical presentation (both during college)

you should definitely apply to the IIMs, and possibly add ISB to the mix. You bring a differentiated profile to business school, and all of them are bound to benefit from your insights of working with DRDO and the multiple government organizations that you have mentioned above. Your applications should focus on a few components: 1. your understanding of business or the larger impact your product development work has created on the goals you were meant to achieve; 2. Your leadership skills in driving projects and teams; 3. your career goals and how you will use your experience so far to make a larger impact on your organizations in the future.

In terms of GMAT, I think b-schools will cut you some slack even if your GMAT score is not too high(say close to 650, we helped an applicant from DRDO who joined IIMA with the lowest GMAT that year, closer to 600). however, I will still encourage you to aim for a 700+. GMAT is an important component in the evaluation process and you as an applicant will not want this to play against you. Moreover, at this point you only have control over the GMAT as the rest of your profile is already built, so make the best of this.
Send PM
Expert Reply
GoSatyen wrote:
Male
Indian
Class X- 80%
Class XII- 74%
CGPA- 7.29/10
managing a project team

Hello GoSatyen,

Thanks for writing in.

While you have not shared extensive details pertaining to your work experience, your background in metallurgy, as well as, your experience at the DRDO, will help differentiate your profile.

No GMAT score can guarantee your admission. However, a score of 700 will give you a fair chance at cracking ISB. Of course, you will need to couple the same with a set of stellar essays that portray a set of career goals that flow from your existing experience and help connect the dots well.

Should you have any follow-up questions, please feel free to reach out.

Thanks.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile.

Work experience: Total 11 years of experience in leading MNCs from both Client as well as EPC organisation.
From 2008-2012: Involved in technical services such as Quality Assurance and Field engineering for construction of Power plant project with leading MNC.
From 2012-2014: Involved in Project management for power plant project with MNC.
From 2014-2016: Leading Quality assurance in civil and structure dept. for running power plant projects(5-6 mega projects each costing around INR 2000 crore approx.)
From 2017-till present: Leading Quality assurance(Regional Quality Head) for 5-6 power transmission projects, client dealing with private as well as govt.

Academics:
From 2004-2008: B-Tech(Hons.) from NIT Jamshedpur with 7.55/10 CGPA.

I am targeting PGPX from IIMA next year with GMAT score-680.

Please evaluate and provide feedback w.r.t. my profile so as to improve my chances of getting admission in IIMA.

Thanks.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
kundan112 wrote:
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile.

Work experience: Total 11 years of experience in leading MNCs from both Client as well as EPC organisation.
From 2008-2012: Involved in technical services such as Quality Assurance and Field engineering for construction of Power plant project with leading MNC.
From 2012-2014: Involved in Project management for power plant project with MNC.
From 2014-2016: Leading Quality assurance in civil and structure dept. for running power plant projects(5-6 mega projects each costing around INR 2000 crore approx.)
From 2017-till present: Leading Quality assurance(Regional Quality Head) for 5-6 power transmission projects, client dealing with private as well as govt.

Academics:
From 2004-2008: B-Tech(Hons.) from NIT Jamshedpur with 7.55/10 CGPA.

I am targeting PGPX from IIMA next year with GMAT score-680.

Please evaluate and provide feedback w.r.t. my profile so as to improve my chances of getting admission in IIMA.

Thanks.

HI Kundan,

You have a nice work profile with good leadership. Submitting a strong application which shows career progression and leadership ability should help. IIMA asks for a job description and achievement in the first part of their application. Make sure that you highlight the above mentioned in these sections.
Reach out if you need help with the application.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Please evaluate my profile:

Target programs: PGPX at IIM A, B, C

Education: Btech + Mtech( Dual Degree) Engineering Design, IIT Madras, 2011., CGPA: 7.5 out of 10. 10th: 82.6%, 12th: 78%

Work Ex: Total 8 years
2011 to 2014: Engineering Technology Leadership Program, senior engineer, project lead, Eaton Corporation, worked with industrial hydraulics as well as aerospace in NPD and Technology exploration projects.
2014-2015 : Core team member, mechanical design, early stage medical device start up.
2015-2017: AVP product development, Agro equipment startup, launched number 6 new products in the market.
2017-till date: VP engineering design, core team , Medical device start up.
Extra curricular: Team lead, Formula SAE racing team, Core Member, sustainability network ( Both during college)
DFSS GB Certified

I intend to proceed further into product management roles.

Gmat Score: 690 ( V:35, Q:49, AWA: 4.5, IR:8)

I am planning to retake GMAT in July.

Looking forward to suggestion to improve my chances.

Thanks
Dhawal
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  43