Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:07 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.23
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GPA: 3.9
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Re: 2020 MBA Applicants: Introduce Yourself Here! [#permalink]
Narenn wrote:

Calling all 2020 Intake MBA Applicants

Creating a thread for all those who are planning to apply this year. Introduce yourself to fellow applicants; Tell us about your educational background, career achievements, motivations for doing an MBA, and ofcourse which schools you are planning to apply. :)

This thread will show us a snapshot of various applicant profiles, diversity in the application pool, accomplishments of applicants, and reasons for pursuing MBA.

Once you post here, we will notify you about any events - chats, webinars, student interviews, etc. - about your schools happening on GMAT Club.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suggested Template
Nationality / Age
GMAT/GRE Score / GPA / Work experience
Educational Background
Post MBA goals
Schools you are applying to
(Optional) Professional, educational or personal milestones you have achieved
(Optional) Anything else?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nationality / Age : INDIAN FEMALE / 29
GMAT/GRE Score / GPA / : YET TO TAKE / 3.5
Work experience : 6 YRS (COMMERCIAL/CORPORATE/WHOLESALE BANKING) 3 YEARS WORK EXPERIENCE AS TRADE FINANCE DEPUTY MANAGER (SCRUTINIZE/MENTOR) FOR INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PRODUCTS AT A LEADING PRIVATE SECTOR BANK IN INDIA. LATER, SWITCHED AS MANAGER TO OTHER LEADING BANK IN INDIA, CURRENTLY WORKING AS FINANCE MANAGER AT CONSTRUCTION COMPANY
Educational Background : UNDERGRAD IN ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING, POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN BANKING AND FINANCE WITH CGPA 8
Post MBA goals : LOOKING FOR OPPORTUNITIES IN STRATEGIC PLANNING MANAGEMENT AND IN INVESTMENT BANKING
Schools you are applying to: IIMA, ISB, IIMC, IIMB, IIML, YALE, WHARTON
(Optional) Professional, educational or personal milestones you have achieved: RECOGNISED AS BEST EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH IN COMMERCIAL BANKING SERVICE DELIVERY DEPARTMENT (PAN INDIA) OF OUR BANK, COCURRICULAR PROGRAMME LEADER- ORGANISED AND MANAGED MULTIPLE EVENTS AT UNIVERSITY, VOLUNTEER AT UNDERGRAD COLLEGE FOR ALL EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES. RECIEVIED MULTIPLE CERTIFICATES IN DEBATE, EXTEMPORE, HANDWRITING AND DANCE COMPETITION

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [2]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Marketing, Sustainability
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Hello everyone!

Nationality / Age - India/34
GMAT/GRE Score / GPA / Work experience: First-time GMAT-taker (due Sep)/GPA 4.0 in BA and High Merit/2:1 in UK MA/ 2 years in publishing management with a UK publisher and seven years self-employed owner of a management consultant boutique
Educational Background - BA in Pol Sc. (Hons) and MA in International Relations
Post MBA goals - sustainability/marketing/consulting
Schools you are applying to - top 20 Canadian and Aussie schools that will accept 30yrs+ applicants either as a FT MBA or an EMBA
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Human Resources, General Management
GMAT Date: 07-18-2015
GPA: 3.3
WE:Human Resources (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Everyone!
Nationality / Age: Peruvian/US (dual citizenship)/36
GMAT/GRE Score / GPA / Work experience: I am taking the EA in Aug 2019/ 3.3 GPA (School from the U.S.)/10 years of work experience
Educational Background: B.S in Business Administration
Post MBA goals: Management/Corporate Strategy
Schools you are applying to: EWMBA Haas, USC, Santa Clara University
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [1]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Operations, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
WE:Operations (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
1. Indian/26
2. Yet to take the GMAT. 7.26 CGPA, 3.6 years work experience
3. B.E Mechanical Engineering, Class of 2014
4. Post MBA Goals - Operations / Strategy roles with marketing units
5. ISB for now. Planning to figure out other schools

6. EXTRA CURRICULARS AND VOLUNTERRING EXPERIENCE

MAKE A DIFFERENCE, India 2015-Present
Make A Difference mobilizes young leaders to ensure equitable outcomes for children in shelters across India.
Finance Fellowship (2019-Present)
 Led the team and responsible for managing funds worth 7.5 million rupees
Fundraiser (2016-2019)
 Led the team to participate in Seva Mela / Battle of Buffet - a large scale NGO campaign in creating awareness of various social issues along with ninety nine other NGO's in 2017 & 2018.
 Led the team in conducting one of the organization’s flagship program, Dream Camp, as Sponsorship & Logistics Lead and was responsible for planning and assigning activity specific tasks to different team members.
 Raised over 3.4 lakhs in the tenth hour by creating a Ketto campaign and reaching out to the community for successfully conducting an outbound program for the kids in shelter homes in Make A Difference.
Corporate Relations Intern (2015-2016)
 Helped in coordination, planning and execution of employee engagement activities
 ECS/NACH activation campaigns in small and mid-size corporate and housing societies.

7. Work Experience

Project Manager (2017-Present)
 Program manager for the flagship product, Accuflow IBP-550 Syringe Pump v3+, helped in setting up phase reviews from initial stage to end of product life cycle.
 Project manager for couple of internal project oriented teams aimed at creating and developing frameworks on R&D activities which will then be plugged into the future products.
 Partnered with other functions in the organization to ensure stakeholders' requirements are addressed and met as appropriate; to provide consistent direction to cross functional teams.
Manufacturing Quality Engineer-II (2018-Present)
 Owned the non-conformance program in the organization. Developed NCMR's as part of production and designed & maintained the analytics to drive closure of the NCMR. Helped develop rework documentations to process with the NCMR program in parallel.
 Owned the validation program to keep process/machines validated by developing IQ/OQ protocols as per the validation process.
Manufacturing Quality Engineer (2016-2018)
 Owned the change control program for the entire organization and responsible for running the quality management system effectively helping to create/modify the subsystem/processes.
 Set up a system for testing the product during assembly that includes designing of different test-cases with right acceptance criteria, collecting and analyzing data, data storage and retrieval.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [6]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Welcome everyone! It's great to see a mix of old and new members!
Good Luck with your applications. I put together a post about R1 vs. R2 as you are choosing your schools and deciding when to apply.... Hope it helps! https://gmatclub.com/forum/round-1-vs-r ... 98430.html

You can also look around the decision tracker and school stats https://gmatclub.com/forum/decision-tra ... chool.html - you can see also average stats by school https://gmatclub.com/forum/all-school-s ... 66143.html and finally Souvik's post about Shortlisting and Researching MBA programs: https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-short ... 69585.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools: ISB '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.25
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hi all. I gave my GMAT first attempt on 28-Jun-2019 and got 720, but 3 in IR. Waiting for essay score but that should not be too bad I feel.

My details:

Bio: Indian / Age 31 / Male
GMAT: 720 (Q49, V40); IR 3 (thinking of re-appearing because of this)
Academics: Graduated in Engineering from IIT Roorkee in 2011. GPA: 7.3 / 10.0
Work Experience: 8 Years in investment banking support. In people-management role since 1 year.
Post MBA: Want to pursue front-end investment banking
Schools: Not decided because IR is too low. Thinking or re-appearing. Want to apply to Columbia, etc.

Can someone please suggest if I should consider re-appearing because IR is way too low (3). I am kind of okay with 720 because my job experience is very relevant (continuous 8 years in investment banking after IIT), but IR just seems to be a thorn now.

Grateful for any advice!
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [1]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
SS101 I am honestly more concerned about the GMAT than the IR score specifically. If you are Indian - even if you have great work experience - do not take anything for granted. If you want to go to Wharton, achieve a test score that is 20+ points over the average. No matter what. Because everyone who applies to these programs has a strong profile; they are good. Some are strong where you might be weak. So if you have a way bump that up at least 20 points it will help a lot; by the way I am thinking you are targeting top 10 top 15 schools for IB.

SS101 wrote:
Hi all. I gave my GMAT first attempt on 28-Jun-2019 and got 720, but 3 in IR. Waiting for essay score but that should not be too bad I feel.

My details:

Bio: Indian / Age 31 / Male
GMAT: 720 (Q49, V40); IR 3 (thinking of re-appearing because of this)
Academics: Graduated in Engineering from IIT Roorkee in 2011. GPA: 7.3 / 10.0
Work Experience: 8 Years in investment banking support. In people-management role since 1 year.
Post MBA: Want to pursue front-end investment banking
Schools: Not decided because IR is too low. Thinking or re-appearing. Want to apply to Columbia, etc.

Can someone please suggest if I should consider re-appearing because IR is way too low (3). I am kind of okay with 720 because my job experience is very relevant (continuous 8 years in investment banking after IIT), but IR just seems to be a thorn now.

Grateful for any advice!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Nationality / Age: 25
GMAT/Work experience: Haven't done GMAT yet though planning to do this in July/August. Two years work experience at FAANG companies.
Educational Background: Masters in Mechanical Engineering
Post MBA goals: Return to the world of tech
Schools you are applying to: Harvard, Stanford, Columbia, MIT.
------------------------------------------
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
jamalabdullah100 wrote:
Nationality / Age: 25
GMAT/Work experience: Haven't done GMAT yet though planning to do this in July/August. Two years work experience at FAANG companies.
Educational Background: Masters in Mechanical Engineering
Post MBA goals: Return to the world of tech
Schools you are applying to: Harvard, Stanford, Columbia, MIT.
------------------------------------------

Welcome! Sounds like you are close to the GMAT Date. Sounds like this weekend is probably going to be a cram session :cool:
P.S. We are offering GMAT Club Tests for 24 hours starting Midnight PST today (basically all of 4th of July). Many people have used them (some only on these free days) and benefited quite a bit. I highly recommend that you take advantage of them. Just keep in mind that once you lose access on the 5th, you can't review your mistakes or access questions, so make sure you review them on the 4th.

Thanks!
BB.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 123 [0]
Given Kudos: 261
Send PM
Hi all,

Nationality : Indian
Work Experience : 3 years
Role : Software Developer
GMAT : Yet to take
CGPA : 8/10

Educational background : B.E in Information Science
MBA location : Germany, Australia, Canada

Post MBA goals : Management Consulting or Marketing.

The reason I am not applying US is because of VISA restrictions for MBA graduates and the cost of the course, If my understanding is incorrect please do correct me.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GRE 1: Q166 V161
Send PM
Hi all,

Nationality / Age: Indian female / 24
GMAT/GRE Score : 316 GRE, planning to retake GRE/GMAT in August
GPA : 8.66/10
Work Experience : 3+ years, currently working as an Associate Product Manager at Olacabs
Educational Background: BTech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, RVCE
Post MBA goals: Consulting, Product Management, maybe my own startup
Schools you are applying to: ISB, NUS, maybe some MEM courses in US

Kindly review my profile

Thank you
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Send PM
Narenn wrote:

Creating a thread for all those who are planning to apply this year. Introduce yourself to fellow applicants; Tell us about your educational background, career achievements, motivations for doing an MBA, and ofcourse which schools you are planning to apply. :)

This thread will show us a snapshot of various applicant profiles, diversity in the application pool, accomplishments of applicants, and reasons for pursuing MBA.

Once you post here, we will notify you about any events - chats, webinars, student interviews, etc. - about your schools happening on GMAT Club.

Suggested Template
Nationality / Age
Educational Background
Post MBA goals
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Nationality / Age - Indian/26 years
GMAT-Taking GMAT in September
GPA- Undergraduate CGPA is 9.17 and Masters GPA is 3.4
Work experience- 3 years of work experience as a Project Engineer for a medical device company
Educational Background- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering from a private university in India and Masters in Mechanical Engineering from Arizona State University.
Post-MBA goals- Operations consultant for pharmaceutical and medical device industry
Schools you are applying to-Chicago Booth, Wharton, LBS, Oxford, INSEAD 2021 Spring.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
AnoopSureshKashyap wrote:
Nationality / Age - Indian/26 years
GMAT-Taking GMAT in September
GPA- Undergraduate CGPA is 9.17 and Masters GPA is 3.4
Work experience- 3 years of work experience as a Project Engineer for a medical device company
Educational Background- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering from a private university in India and Masters in Mechanical Engineering from Arizona State University.
Post-MBA goals- Operations consultant for pharmaceutical and medical device industry
Schools you are applying to-Chicago Booth, Wharton, LBS, Oxford, INSEAD 2021 Spring.

Welcome to GMAT Club!
Though usually Master's is not a big influencer, having one from ASU is a great value add, esp if you are currently located in the US and have US work experience and applying from within the US - those would be advantages for someone applying form a competitive Indian pool. (this would be actually a good question to ask BSchools during the chats/webinars to see what they would say and whether you would be evaluated as a US applicant or an Indian one. Perhaps someone has ran into this?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 65
Send PM
I see Indian tech applicants dominating the indian pool here (generalising on a small sample) but I was just curious to know, whether someone outside the tech space, say someone like me with an economics background from a super reputed college in India, will be considered along with the same tech Indian pool?

bb would you like to throw some light on this?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Narenn wrote:

Suggested Template
Nationality / Age
Educational Background
Post MBA goals

Hey Guys,

I'am Mohammed Zaid and below are my details

Nationality / Age - Indian/ 28
GMAT/GRE Score / GPA / Work experience- Yet to give/ 67% in BE / 5+ years in IT and Finance
Educational Background - Mechanical Engineering
Post MBA goals - Marketing/consulting
Schools you are applying to - Sauder, York, Any top 50 in US will work
(Optional) Professional, educational or personal milestones you have achieved - Successfull 3 career switches :), Taught calligraphy to hundreds of students in Military schools in India
(Optional) Anything else
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Narenn wrote:

Suggested Template
Nationality / Age
Educational Background
Post MBA goals

Hey Guys,

I'am Mohammed Zaid and below are my details

Nationality / Age - Indian/ 28
GMAT/GRE Score / GPA / Work experience- Yet to give/ 67% in BE / 5+ years in IT and Finance
Educational Background - Mechanical Engineering
Post MBA goals - Marketing/consulting
Schools you are applying to - Sauder, York, Any top 50 in US will work
(Optional) Professional, educational or personal milestones you have achieved - Successfull 3 career switches :), Taught calligraphy to hundreds of students in Military schools in India
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6