GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Dec 2018, 03:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • MBA Admissions Consulting: Five-Day Special for Hourly Services

December 17, 2018

December 17, 2018

09:00 PM PST

10:00 PM PST

There’s still time to enhance your resume, essays, and applications! Avanti Prep is offering Hourly Services for a flat rate of $175 per hour (no minimum) – a significantly below-market offer for one of the most well-regarded services available.
  • R1 Admission Decisions: Estimated Decision Timelines and Chat Links for Major BSchools

December 17, 2018

December 17, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

From Dec 5th onward, American programs will start releasing R1 decisions. Chat Rooms: We have also assigned chat rooms for every school so that applicants can stay in touch and exchange information/update during decision period.

Please Evaluate

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
WE: Operations (Consulting)
Please Evaluate  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2018, 12:42
Background and nationality: Indian

Undergrad Information: Engineering. Computer Science.Graduated in 2015(77.91).(Non IIT, Non NIT)

GMAT: 690 (Q49, V35)

Work experience: Indian Tech giant ( mid 2015-mid 2017) . I worked as an operations consultant Consultant. Worked as a functional lead for enhancements in production system from client and the enhancements were successfully delivered.

Event Management company (Mid 2017-present)-Working as a Consultant(Business analyst).Responsible for credit management and selection of vendors.Also responsible for procurement of materials from vendors.

Extra-curricular: a)Founder and Chairperson of tech society at college which won many awards
b) Organised many events and was part of organising committee for college fest
c)Part of an NGO that promotes rudimentary education and organic farming.
d)Taught juniors aptitude at college and helped them through placement process.
e) Actively participated in Sports. Won some awards at college.

Achievements a) National winner of event organised by UN for water conservation.
b) College winner of best student award. Awarded by Delhi Section for promoting the society I was part of and academic achievements.
c) Won few tech events at college.

Post MBA goals: PM Roles in the top technology firms followed by VP-level executive positions at mid-sized firms.

Targeting Rice, Vanderbilt, BYU, Tepper , schools where there is a strong tech platform post MBA.

Any insights on profile and on target schools will be appreciated. Please suggest some other schools that I should consider too.
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
S
Re: Please Evaluate  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2018, 10:31
Hi, and thanks for writing! It sounds like you have good work experience based on what you've written, although you're a bit on the earlier end for applicants, and good collegiate extracurricular involvement. Are you currently involved in any activities outside of work?

I think your target schools make sense given your profile and academics - I would also add UW Foster to the list of schools. As a reach, look at McCombs as well.

Hope that helps a bit! :)

Micky1005 wrote:
Background and nationality: Indian

Undergrad Information: Engineering. Computer Science.Graduated in 2015(77.91).(Non IIT, Non NIT)

GMAT: 690 (Q49, V35)

Work experience: Indian Tech giant ( mid 2015-mid 2017) . I worked as an operations consultant Consultant. Worked as a functional lead for enhancements in production system from client and the enhancements were successfully delivered.

Event Management company (Mid 2017-present)-Working as a Consultant(Business analyst).Responsible for credit management and selection of vendors.Also responsible for procurement of materials from vendors.

Extra-curricular: a)Founder and Chairperson of tech society at college which won many awards
b) Organised many events and was part of organising committee for college fest
c)Part of an NGO that promotes rudimentary education and organic farming.
d)Taught juniors aptitude at college and helped them through placement process.
e) Actively participated in Sports. Won some awards at college.

Achievements a) National winner of event organised by UN for water conservation.
b) College winner of best student award. Awarded by Delhi Section for promoting the society I was part of and academic achievements.
c) Won few tech events at college.

Post MBA goals: PM Roles in the top technology firms followed by VP-level executive positions at mid-sized firms.

Targeting Rice, Vanderbilt, BYU, Tepper , schools where there is a strong tech platform post MBA.

Any insights on profile and on target schools will be appreciated. Please suggest some other schools that I should consider too.

Nisha Trivedi

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
WE: Operations (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2018, 10:42
Hi
Thank you for the prompt reply.

Regarding your question, outside I do a little bit of NGO work.Thats it.
I don't get much time now.
I was concerned about my GMAT.
690 might on the lower end, and since scholarships are also a priority I wanted to get a fresh perspective.
Should I try to get 730/740 before R2 deadlines and apply then or should I go for it now?

Thank you for mentioning Foster. I had it on my shortlist.
S

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2018, 11:38
Hi again - scholarships are very selective and they are based on the merit of application, including GMAT. So, if that is your priority, you'll definitely want to raise that GMAT score, even if that means applying next year instead (since R3 is not recommended). Hope that helps!

Micky1005 wrote:
Hi
Thank you for the prompt reply.

Regarding your question, outside I do a little bit of NGO work.Thats it.
I don't get much time now.
I was concerned about my GMAT.
690 might on the lower end, and since scholarships are also a priority I wanted to get a fresh perspective.
Should I try to get 730/740 before R2 deadlines and apply then or should I go for it now?

Thank you for mentioning Foster. I had it on my shortlist.

Nisha Trivedi

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Please Evaluate

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mbaMissionKate

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap