GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Dec 2018, 02:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Calling all UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

December 19, 2018

December 19, 2018

09:00 AM PST

10:00 AM PST

Chat with UCLA Adcoms in GMATClub Chat Room. With less than a month to R2 deadline, I hope the chat session will prove to be very helpful. Wednesday, Dec 19 @ 9AM PST
  • Yale R1 Admit is Here to Answer YOUR Questions!

December 19, 2018

December 19, 2018

10:00 AM PST

11:00 AM PST

One of our forum members, ak99 recently got accepted at Yale SOM in Round 1. He accepted our invitation to interact with the new applicants, share his insights about the application process, and answer the queries of applicants.

Please Evaluate My Profile

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Please Evaluate My Profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2018, 07:47
25 Male, Filipino Nationality with Filipino Chinese Ethnicity

Undergrad: BS Industrial Management Engineering-minor in Service Management in a Top 3 Philippine University
Undergrad GPA: 2.6 - I had family issues which required me to help in the family business and taking care of my younger brother and sister while balancing my academics and extra curricular activities
GMAT: 660 (47Q, 35V) (Considering re-taking if I can lower my work hours from 10-14 hrs a day)
Work experience: 3 years at time of application (4.5 at matriculation in June-September 2019)

Worked for L'Oreal for 2 years was promoted after 1 year within the company in Demand Planning

Working for a local restaurant chain for 1 year, been promoted once. (Operations Manager for 6 months, and now Operations and Marketing Manager)
-Took the company's bottom line from -40k USD per month to +20-40k USD per month in 6 months

Working as a consultant in a car accessories local import and distribution company for the last 3 years
-Been instrumental in acquiring a new brand that now accounts for 20% of the company's overall sales
-Revised procurement procedures to increase overall sales by 28%

Extra curriculars:
- President of a Student organization in College
- Vice President of a Student Organization and Assistant vice president before that in College
- Organized Facilitated the Assistant Vice President and Junior Officer Recruitment.
- Trained Assistant Vice Presidents and Junior Officers.
- Headed the first ever Mini Solar Car Challenge with 7 other engineering professional organizations more than 12 participating schools and 900 people
- Headed the Fundraising-activity of the Industrial Management Engineering Society with over 1,000 participants.
- Headed the Industrial Engineering Charity Ball with World Vision, sponsoring
over 20 underpriviledged children in one night
- Headed the implementation of a coastal clean-up in cooperation with the
Batangas Coastal Resources Management Foundation.

Other education/coursework: Knowledgeable in SAP Material Master, used to do some programming in C

Goal of MBA: The local chain of restaurants is looking to franchise and expand, 3-5 year goal is to be a publicly traded company on the Philippine stock market, the goal is for me to be the CEO of the said company.

Top Choices: INSEAD, IE Business School, IMD, University of Cambridge - Judge
Other targets: USC Columbia Darla Moore, University of Oxford - Said, HKUST, ESADE, SDA Bocconi
Safety: NUS, SMU, HKU, IESEG

Other Info: Will be applying to round 1 to all and will also be looking for financing/scholarships if possible as even if I earn at the top 10% in my age group, it only amounts to at most $1,000-$2,000 USD per month
Stratus Admissions Consultant
P
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: Please Evaluate My Profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2018, 08:29
lloydc11 wrote:
25 Male, Filipino Nationality with Filipino Chinese Ethnicity

Undergrad: BS Industrial Management Engineering-minor in Service Management in a Top 3 Philippine University
Undergrad GPA: 2.6 - I had family issues which required me to help in the family business and taking care of my younger brother and sister while balancing my academics and extra curricular activities
GMAT: 660 (47Q, 35V) (Considering re-taking if I can lower my work hours from 10-14 hrs a day)
Work experience: 3 years at time of application (4.5 at matriculation in June-September 2019)

Worked for L'Oreal for 2 years was promoted after 1 year within the company in Demand Planning

Working for a local restaurant chain for 1 year, been promoted once. (Operations Manager for 6 months, and now Operations and Marketing Manager)
-Took the company's bottom line from -40k USD per month to +20-40k USD per month in 6 months
I love the focus on results! This is impressive!
Working as a consultant in a car accessories local import and distribution company for the last 3 years
-Been instrumental in acquiring a new brand that now accounts for 20% of the company's overall sales
-Revised procurement procedures to increase overall sales by 28%

Extra curriculars:
- President of a Student organization in College
- Vice President of a Student Organization and Assistant vice president before that in College
- Organized Facilitated the Assistant Vice President and Junior Officer Recruitment.
- Trained Assistant Vice Presidents and Junior Officers.
- Headed the first ever Mini Solar Car Challenge with 7 other engineering professional organizations more than 12 participating schools and 900 people
- Headed the Fundraising-activity of the Industrial Management Engineering Society with over 1,000 participants.
- Headed the Industrial Engineering Charity Ball with World Vision, sponsoring
over 20 underpriviledged children in one night
- Headed the implementation of a coastal clean-up in cooperation with the
Batangas Coastal Resources Management Foundation.

Other education/coursework: Knowledgeable in SAP Material Master, used to do some programming in C

Goal of MBA: The local chain of restaurants is looking to franchise and expand, 3-5 year goal is to be a publicly traded company on the Philippine stock market, the goal is for me to be the CEO of the said company.
Your MBA goal makes sense-- great work experience leading up to this-- if you have time-- which sounds like you don't-- even a bit of a bump in score could help a lot with the scholarship part of this--especially given the 2.6 GPA. I just don't see that GPA as being helpful on the scholarship front unless you can over-deliver on your GMAT. You might also consider a school in US-- https://wpcarey.asu.edu/mba-programs/fu ... holarships that offers some great scholarships.
Top Choices: INSEAD, IE Business School, IMD, University of Cambridge - Judge
Other targets: USC Columbia Darla Moore, University of Oxford - Said, HKUST, ESADE, SDA Bocconi
Safety: NUS, SMU, HKU, IESEG
Your thoughts on school selection looks fine-- but I don't see much on the scholarship front from many of these unless your stats improve-- and GMAT is really the only one you can move significantly since school is done. Hope this helps!
Other Info: Will be applying to round 1 to all and will also be looking for financing/scholarships if possible as even if I earn at the top 10% in my age group, it only amounts to at most $1,000-$2,000 USD per month

Donna | Stratus Admissions | Schedule a Free Consult

Intern
Intern
B
Re: Please Evaluate My Profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2018, 05:09
Thank you so much for your feedback, I'm surprised that you didn't say my school choices were ambitious (though I know I am fairly below their average), I will definitely try to shoot for the scholarships and I appreciate your effort.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Please Evaluate My Profile &nbs [#permalink] 01 Mar 2018, 05:09

Please Evaluate My Profile

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap