Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:07 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [7]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Operations, Technology
Schools: ISB '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [3]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Other (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: NUS 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Hello all, I too have just started the application process for the NUS MBA programme. Discussions and inputs on the essays and anything on the application process, the MBA programme or any other topic related to the NUS MBA would be appreciated. Let's kick start this thread.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Guys - does anyone know what questions are asked this time in NUS recommendation letter?
Or is it the same every year ?

Please reply asap. i need to discuss with my recommendor
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
Send PM
Is the admission on rolling basis.?
When is the admission intimation date? I see deadline for applying in R1 is 1st Jan 2014
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Request some one to please do an analysis of the essay questions that NUS has put up. I am especially struggling in interpreting essay 1. Please suggest how to go about structuring our response in essay 1.

Thanks,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hey Guys,

Has anybody in this forum been interviewed?

Puneet
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [1]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
Kudos
The thread seems pretty dead!!!
Lets revamp it up a bit ... after being done with the ISB applications, most of the Indians would turn to this and NTU.
So lets starts some discussions
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
Here are the essay topics:

NUS Essay 1. The mission of NUS Business School is to advance knowledge and develop leaders so as to serve business and society. Discuss how you will contribute toward advancing the mission based on examples of past work and activities. (Maximum 300 words/1800 characters)
NUS Essay 2. Tell us something interesting or unique about yourself which you think would be helpful for the Admission Committee to better evaluate your candidacy. (Maximum 300 words/1800 characters)
NUS Essay 3. We would like you to tell us about your post-MBA immediate career goals and how your professional experiences have prepared you to achieve these goals. You may do so by a 300 words written essay or a two-minute video. If you wish to submit a video, you can upload it on YouTube, change the privacy settings to “Unlisted” and email us the URL. Alternatively, you can send in your video to us in a thumbdrive or CD. (Maximum 300 words/1800 characters)
NUS Reapplicant Essay: Re-applicants need to complete this additional re-applicant essay. Please provide an update on any new aspects of your professional, international, academic or personal profile that would not have been included in your previous application. Please also explain your motivation for re-applying to NUS. (Maximum 1800 characters)
NUS Resume: Upload your updated resume containing your education background, work experience, memberships in associations/ organisations, achievements, international experience, etc.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Anybody has insights into the reducing class size over last 5 years and the drop in the rankings?
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM NUS Admissions Blog: Cerebration 2013: Bigger, Better and Bolder!
As an organizing committee member of one of the largest student-run MBA Case competitions happening on November 13-14, you might be wondering why am I writing this blog post when I should be busy finalising event details. I felt the Read on! →
The post Cerebration 2013: Bigger, Better and Bolder! appeared first on The NUS MBA Blog.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Send PM
FROM NUS Admissions Blog: Why So Serious? The Secret Rules of MBA Student Life
Maybe you thought that as an MBA student, life was all work and no play, all case studies and no BBQ parties. Well, we just might have to prove you wrong. This week, we’re rounding up a selection of some Read on! →
The post Why So Serious? The Secret Rules of MBA Student Life appeared first on The NUS MBA Blog.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Send PM
FROM NUS Admissions Blog: Featured Interview | Ari Patera Nikicio
Ari Patera Nikicio, who hails from Jakarta, Indonesia, shares why he chose to pursue the NUS MBA programme.  About Me: Prior to joining the MBA program, I worked as a Business Development Manager for Mortindo, a ready-mix cement manufacturer in Indonesia Read on! →
The post Featured Interview | Ari Patera Nikicio appeared first on The NUS MBA Blog.
Send PM
FROM NUS Admissions Blog: Voices: I Chose a Singapore MBA – Marie Cheong’s MBA Story
Why did an overseas Singaporean pick a MBA in Singapore as her best option? This post is part of the NUS MBA Blog’s “Voices” series, where MBA candidates at NUS Business School share their personal stories. Photo credit: Luca Sartoni For Read on! →
The post Voices: I Chose a Singapore MBA – Marie Cheong’s MBA Story appeared first on The NUS MBA Blog.
Send PM
FROM NUS Admissions Blog: Doing meaningful work with a dose of finance savvy
Despite doing well as a banking executive, Lynnette Wang Lingfang desired a socially rewarding career in healthcare. She says she’s found “the best of both worlds” in doing an MBA programme at NUS, given the business school’s consistently top global Read on! →
The post Doing meaningful work with a dose of finance savvy appeared first on The NUS MBA Blog.
Send PM
FROM NUS Admissions Blog: So you want to be an entrepreneur… ?
Did you know that innovation is a strong feature of our community and a core value of our school? Following are some excerpts from a blog post by Christian Halberg, an NUS MBA student who perfectly embodies the school’s entrepreneurial Read on! →
The post So you want to be an entrepreneur… ? appeared first on The NUS MBA Blog.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.1
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
abhishek1985 wrote:
Request some one to please do an analysis of the essay questions that NUS has put up. I am especially struggling in interpreting essay 1. Please suggest how to go about structuring our response in essay 1.

Thanks,

Hi Abhishek,

In my opinion, by Essay 1 NUS wants the candidates to show instances in which their leadership skills and knowledge can be seen.
In case you have submitted the application for ISB, then I would say that this essay is pretty much similar to Essay 1 of ISB i.e. Attitude, Skills, and Knowledge differentiate people.
In case you need more details, feel free to ask.
Send PM
FROM NUS Admissions Blog: How to make grad school recommendations work for you?
Anyone who has ever been to college realizes the tremendous emphasis placed on letters of recommendation. If anything, the emphasis is even greater for applications to graduate programmes. While graduate school applicants tend to focus more on personal essays and Read on! →
The post How to make grad school recommendations work for you? appeared first on The NUS MBA Blog.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V32
GPA: 3.8
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi,

How good are my chances for NUS on my profile:

3 years of consulting experience (ZS Associates)
IIT graduate (Dual degree)
GMAT 680
Overseas experience for about 6 months in a diverse environment.

Please let me know should I apply on this or give GMAT again?
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts