Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:47 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 660 Q41 V40
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Schools: CEIBS '19 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 620 Q41 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V35
GMAT 3: 690 Q43 V41
GPA: 2.3
WE:Underwriter (Insurance)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
julcast wrote:
Hey guys!

I completed my application on january 12th and received an interview invitation for next wednesday with Keum Yeo-Anna Brochet.

I am very excited and nervous... I will let you guys know how it goes.

Best of Luck ! Very fast invite ! may we know your applicant profile a bit ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Hi
I was denied in just 18 days. I applied on jan 10 2017. Scored 620 on gmat am 33 years old with 9 yes of work experience. Need to know the pitfalls so I can improve on other applications
Regards

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 660 Q41 V40
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Urnamaster13 wrote:
julcast wrote:
Hey guys!

I completed my application on january 12th and received an interview invitation for next wednesday with Keum Yeo-Anna Brochet.

I am very excited and nervous... I will let you guys know how it goes.

Best of Luck ! Very fast invite ! may we know your applicant profile a bit ?

Sure,

Mexican, 29 yo, 660GMAT, 7ys WE Unilever

I received a call yesterday, I was admitted!! I was told the official letter will arrive this week.

I am so excited! Can't wait to meet you guys there. Best of lucks for all!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hi all,
congratulations on your selection!! Please let me know what are the chances to get admission if we apply by round 3 or 4 i.e. after march 4th ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
Submitted the application on 16th Jan. Haven't heard from them thereafter.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 600 Q35 V36
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
rbhasin11 wrote:

Maybe send them an e-mail to get a status update on your application. Since the application deadline was on the 15th maybe they're considering you for the next round?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
PaulineD wrote:
rbhasin11 wrote:

Maybe send them an e-mail to get a status update on your application. Since the application deadline was on the 15th maybe they're considering you for the next round?

I did submit my application on 11th Jan, but the official GMAT score was sent to the school on 17th Jan. I don't know if that would push my application to the 3rd round or if they will still consider it in the 2nd round.

I've still written to them and i'm waiting for a revert.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
rbhasin11 wrote:
PaulineD wrote:
rbhasin11 wrote:

I did submit my application on 11th Jan, but the official GMAT score was sent to the school on 17th Jan. I don't know if that would push my application to the 3rd round or if they will still consider it in the 2nd round.

Hi rbhasin11, applications generally to have to be complete in all aspects before they are considered for admissions. Having said that, if you had uploaded a copy of your GMAT report as part of the application, it changes things. All the best.

Regards,
Vijay G
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
VijayG6387 wrote:
rbhasin11 wrote:
PaulineD wrote:
[quote="rbhasin11"]Submitted the application on 16th Jan. Haven't heard from them thereafter.

Hi rbhasin11, applications generally to have to be complete in all aspects before they are considered for admissions. Having said that, if you had uploaded a copy of your GMAT report as part of the application, it changes things. All the best.

Regards,
Vijay G[/quote]

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for your response. I had uploaded the unofficial report initially, but the official scores were reported a few days later. I've written to the concerned AdCom representative a couple of days back, so I guess I'll have to wait for a few more days to hear from them.

Thanks
Raghav

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
rbhasin11 wrote:
Hi Vijay,

Thanks for your response. I had uploaded the unofficial report initially, but the official scores were reported a few days later. I've written to the concerned AdCom representative a couple of days back, so I guess I'll have to wait for a few more days to hear from them.

Thanks
Raghav

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's good that you have contacted them. They are normally very responsive, so I wouldn't be worried too much. If it's been a while and you've had no response, it's perfectly okay to gently request for a response. All the very best.

Regards,
Vijay G
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
I just got invited to an interview for this Friday, finally! Wish me luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi Rookie84..when did you apply?

Sent from my SM-G920F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
And good luck!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Send PM
amanskywalker wrote:
Hi Rookie84..when did you apply?

amanskywalker wrote:
And good luck!

Thanks, amanskywalker!

I applied on the day of R2 deadline, the 15th of Jan.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
I have heard that since its french region finding job is difficult for non french speakers? How true is this?

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
anniesgh wrote:
I have heard that since its french region finding job is difficult for non french speakers? How true is this?

Posted from GMAT ToolKit

It is not a totally baseless claim, but know people who have broken the barriers and found jobs. Also to note is that most non-French speakers look at Toronto for internships and jobs, and find success.

Best Regards,
Vijay G
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
VijayG6387 wrote:
anniesgh wrote:

Posted from GMAT ToolKit

It is not a totally baseless claim, but know people who have broken the barriers and found jobs. Also to note is that most non-French speakers look at Toronto for internships and jobs, and find success.

Best Regards,
Vijay G

McGill placed 31% of its class in Toronto last year. I'd say that's a pretty solid number. If I went to McGill, I would look for jobs in both Montreal and Toronto at the same time and feel pretty good about my chances.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts