It is currently 18 Oct 2017, 22:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2016
Posts: 20

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.15
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2016, 08:36
akifm wrote:
ramhari wrote:
Hi akifm!

Are you applying for Albert John molson too??


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


rotman,sauder,york,mcgill and alberta.


Hi Akifm,

Are you applying based on the notion that the programs you mentioned are two years in duration and would automatically get you 3 years working visa?

I am trying to understand the reason you are not applying to Queen's or Ivey.

Thanks.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Sep 2014
Posts: 43

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 8

Location: Saudi Arabia
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GPA: 3.34
WE: Operations (Health Care)
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2016, 11:04
sinchan090 wrote:
akifm wrote:
ramhari wrote:
Hi akifm!

Are you applying for Albert John molson too??


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


rotman,sauder,york,mcgill and alberta.


Hi Akifm,

Are you applying based on the notion that the programs you mentioned are two years in duration and would automatically get you 3 years working visa?

I am trying to understand the reason you are not applying to Queen's or Ivey.

Thanks.



My 5 start in September. Otherwise I really like Ivey.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 8

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Oct 2016
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Location: India
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2016, 23:52
Hi guys, has anyone got an interview invite so far? I submitted my application around a month ago, but have not heard from them.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Oct 2016
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Location: India
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GPA: 3.4
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2016, 23:54
Khushnum wrote:
Hi guys, has anyone got an interview invite so far? I submitted my application around a month ago, but have not heard from them.


Same here! No info whatsoever.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Sep 2014
Posts: 43

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 8

Location: Saudi Arabia
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GPA: 3.34
WE: Operations (Health Care)
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2016, 00:02
Khushnum wrote:
Hi guys, has anyone got an interview invite so far? I submitted my application around a month ago, but have not heard from them.


same here.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 8

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2016
Posts: 20

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.15
Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2016, 09:19
I submitted my Desautels Application along with completed checklist today.

What next?

Has anyone received an interview call yet? Please keep the thread updated!

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2016
Posts: 20

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.15
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2016, 12:36
Got an interview invitation from Desautels. 7th November, 2016.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Sep 2014
Posts: 43

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 8

Location: Saudi Arabia
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GPA: 3.34
WE: Operations (Health Care)
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2016, 19:35
got interview invite. 8th nov

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 8

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 02 Mar 2012
Posts: 360

Kudos [?]: 89 [0], given: 4

Schools: Schulich '16
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2016, 09:38
KshitijNarang wrote:
Khushnum wrote:
Hi guys, has anyone got an interview invite so far? I submitted my application around a month ago, but have not heard from them.


Same here! No info whatsoever.


i am still waiting. Submitted my app on 22nd Oct.

i guess they are picking apps in random order.

Anyone has info if there is rejction..do they send it by mail or we are acknowledged about that?

Kudos [?]: 89 [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Apr 2014
Posts: 11

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 11

Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2016, 09:15
Hi all,

I just completed all the checklist items for McGill MBA program 2017. Just wanted to know if this completes my application or is there something else that needs to be done.
I have not received any email confirmation from McGill stating that your application is complete.

Many thanks in advance for your responses!

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 11

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2016
Posts: 20

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.15
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2016, 09:18
nish0912 wrote:
Hi all,

I just completed all the checklist items for McGill MBA program 2017. Just wanted to know if this completes my application or is there something else that needs to be done.
I have not received any email confirmation from McGill stating that your application is complete.

Many thanks in advance for your responses!


Nothing further to be done. Wait for adcom to contact you.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Apr 2014
Posts: 11

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 11

Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2016, 09:21
sinchan090 wrote:
nish0912 wrote:
Hi all,

I just completed all the checklist items for McGill MBA program 2017. Just wanted to know if this completes my application or is there something else that needs to be done.
I have not received any email confirmation from McGill stating that your application is complete.

Many thanks in advance for your responses!


Nothing further to be done. Wait for adcom to contact you.



wow! that was quick
thanks for your response mate
:)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 11

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Aug 2016
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Location: Pakistan
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V39
GPA: 3.3
WE: Brand Management (Advertising and PR)
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2016, 09:42
Hey all, applied last week and got an interview call for the 9th. Fingers crossed!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 372

Kudos [?]: 40 [1], given: 16

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2016, 19:47
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hey everyone, all the best for your applications. I am a year 1 @ Desautels and hope to see you all next year. If you have any questions that I could help you with, please let me know. I might respond a bit slow cause of the schedule here, but will surely respond. Also, please note that I am not here officially, and the opinions/remarks/suggestions I give are from my own experiences so far. Again, all the very best to you all.

Best Regards,
Vijay G

Kudos [?]: 40 [1], given: 16

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 372

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 16

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2016, 19:48
hsbinfy wrote:
KshitijNarang wrote:
Khushnum wrote:
Hi guys, has anyone got an interview invite so far? I submitted my application around a month ago, but have not heard from them.


Same here! No info whatsoever.


i am still waiting. Submitted my app on 22nd Oct.

i guess they are picking apps in random order.

Anyone has info if there is rejction..do they send it by mail or we are acknowledged about that?


Yes, you should hear from the admissions committee.

Regards,
Vijay G

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 16

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Sep 2014
Posts: 43

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 8

Location: Saudi Arabia
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GPA: 3.34
WE: Operations (Health Care)
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2016, 06:13
gave the interview yesterday. standard questions and the interviewer was well prepared but also very friendly. They might ask me for a second interview, otherwise decision in 2 weeks.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 8

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Sep 2014
Posts: 43

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 8

Location: Saudi Arabia
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GPA: 3.34
WE: Operations (Health Care)
Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2016, 06:16
VijayG6387 wrote:
Hey everyone, all the best for your applications. I am a year 1 @ Desautels and hope to see you all next year. If you have any questions that I could help you with, please let me know. I might respond a bit slow cause of the schedule here, but will surely respond. Also, please note that I am not here officially, and the opinions/remarks/suggestions I give are from my own experiences so far. Again, all the very best to you all.

Best Regards,
Vijay G


Thanks for the assistance Vijay! Can you pls tell how much of a factor does French play in recruiting and throughout the program in general? any particular industry where it's a requirement?

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 8

1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 372

Kudos [?]: 40 [1], given: 16

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2016, 20:38
1
This post received
KUDOS
akifm wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:
Hey everyone, all the best for your applications. I am a year 1 @ Desautels and hope to see you all next year. If you have any questions that I could help you with, please let me know. I might respond a bit slow cause of the schedule here, but will surely respond. Also, please note that I am not here officially, and the opinions/remarks/suggestions I give are from my own experiences so far. Again, all the very best to you all.

Best Regards,
Vijay G


Thanks for the assistance Vijay! Can you pls tell how much of a factor does French play in recruiting and throughout the program in general? any particular industry where it's a requirement?


It depends on what you are looking for post MBA. If you want to get into Marketing in any industry here in Montreal or Québec, French skills is non-negotiable. There are certain companies that insist that you be bilingual, and there are many roles that expect you to be bilingual. There are certain companies, which if they like you, will relax it a bit but will entertain you to learn French upon joining them, which is logical as you do not want to be left out of conversations all the time during the coffee breaks. Having said that, there are two things students do: 1. Learn French. 2. Look for jobs outside Montreal (which is what I've opted for.)

Montreal is Francophone. But you'd do fine when it comes to living in Montreal and getting through the program, as the program is entirely in English and everyone in the faculty will use English as primary as long as you are not alone with them and they know you speak French. You'll have no problems whatsoever finishing the program. People are friendly and like you more if you make an attempt to speak French. Hope that helps.

Regards,
Vijay G

Kudos [?]: 40 [1], given: 16

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Apr 2014
Posts: 11

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 11

Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2016, 22:47
Hi all

submitted my application on 6th and got an interview invite today for 17th November

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 11

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2016
Posts: 20

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.15
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2016, 01:15
Did anyone receive any mail/communication after completion of interview? My interview got done on 7th November and was promised that adcom would inform on decision within two weeks from the date of interview.

Any updates post-interview?

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019   [#permalink] 12 Nov 2016, 01:15

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11    Next  [ 209 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, aerien, BrushMyQuant



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.