It is currently 21 Sep 2017, 12:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2016, 00:37
Invited for an interview on 13th December !

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 5

GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.5
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2016, 12:46
VijayG6387 wrote:
Hey everyone, all the best for your applications. I am a year 1 @ Desautels and hope to see you all next year. If you have any questions that I could help you with, please let me know. I might respond a bit slow cause of the schedule here, but will surely respond. Also, please note that I am not here officially, and the opinions/remarks/suggestions I give are from my own experiences so far. Again, all the very best to you all.

Best Regards,
Vijay G

Hey Vijay, first of all, thank you for volunteering to help out. Really appreciate it.

I just wanted to know if you had any concerns regarding the school's location in the French speaking region of the country. Would it, in your opinion, affect your career prospects in any way? (I'm asking from the point of view of a person who does not speak the language.)

Also, could you comment on the kind of career opportunities in and around Montreal? How do they compare to those of say, Toronto and Vancouver?

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.15

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2016, 08:13
All admitted students, PM me your mobile number to get added in the Watsapp group of admitted students.

Cheers !! 8-)

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 6

Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.53
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2016, 09:09
Sent an IELTS score report to the school and DHL informed me that the school received on Fri 9th Dec. But today they still said they haven't received any document.... so sad

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 6

BSchool Forum Moderator
B

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 13

Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2016, 20:31
localwisecrack wrote:

Hey Vijay, first of all, thank you for volunteering to help out. Really appreciate it.

I just wanted to know if you had any concerns regarding the school's location in the French speaking region of the country. Would it, in your opinion, affect your career prospects in any way? (I'm asking from the point of view of a person who does not speak the language.)

Also, could you comment on the kind of career opportunities in and around Montreal? How do they compare to those of say, Toronto and Vancouver?

Posted from my mobile device

Hey localwisecrack, I think this article from a current year 2 student, a friend of mine, should help you understand a bit. Let me know if it doesn't clear things and I will add further details for you. :)
http://gmatclub.com/reviews/comments/de ... -345352395
Bottomline, marketing/finance jobs in Montreal without French is a bit hard to land on. However, Toronto is close and open. :)

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 2.4

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2017, 08:05
VijayG6387 wrote:
Hey everyone, all the best for your applications. I am a year 1 @ Desautels and hope to see you all next year. If you have any questions that I could help you with, please let me know. I might respond a bit slow cause of the schedule here, but will surely respond. Also, please note that I am not here officially, and the opinions/remarks/suggestions I give are from my own experiences so far. Again, all the very best to you all.

Best Regards,
Vijay G

Hi Vijay

GMAT - 700 Q50 v34
Undergrad from BITS Pilani 2.4 GPA
Indian
Total work ex 3 years 7 months
1 year 2 months in family business - Business development and Managing day to day operations of machining and wholesale of pressure plates (client and supplier handling)
2 years 5 months (currently working) in software development - Client is India's largest printing company (who provides solutions to major banks and telecommunication companies)
Extra-curriculars
Head organiser of quarterly Clean India Drive under Prime Minister's Clean India Movement
Active member of community. Keep interacting with President of community for any kind of help (working on a sewage problem that the community is facing currently)
I love trekking and have completed 3 treks
Also, do I need to take toefl exam to apply? I couldn't find that information. Just says contact ad com.

Thanks

BSchool Forum Moderator
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2017, 16:47
jubinarora wrote:
Hi Vijay

GMAT - 700 Q50 v34
Undergrad from BITS Pilani 2.4 GPA
Indian
Total work ex 3 years 7 months
1 year 2 months in family business - Business development and Managing day to day operations of machining and wholesale of pressure plates (client and supplier handling)
2 years 5 months (currently working) in software development - Client is India's largest printing company (who provides solutions to major banks and telecommunication companies)
Extra-curriculars
Head organiser of quarterly Clean India Drive under Prime Minister's Clean India Movement
Active member of community. Keep interacting with President of community for any kind of help (working on a sewage problem that the community is facing currently)
I love trekking and have completed 3 treks
Also, do I need to take toefl exam to apply? I couldn't find that information. Just says contact ad com.

Thanks

As your undergrad is in English, you would not need TOEFL/IELTS for an admission, but might need that for VISA.

Regards,
Vijay G

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Concentration: International Business, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.4
WE: Analyst (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2017, 17:10
I was invited for an interview just a few days after submitting (I had previously done an informational interview, spoke with some students and uploaded some documents ahead of time)...that seems insanely fast though. I'll take it as a good sign? Interview advice? :P

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

BSchool Forum Moderator
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2017, 15:44
kalinkamalinka08 wrote:
I was invited for an interview just a few days after submitting (I had previously done an informational interview, spoke with some students and uploaded some documents ahead of time)...that seems insanely fast though. I'll take it as a good sign? Interview advice? :P

All the best for your interview. I could be late in responding, if so, sorry about that.
Interview Advice:
1. Smile.
2. Prepare the standard questions : Why MBA, Why McGill, etc.
3. Keep examples ready to support answers for behavioral questions - Could you tell us a time when you..
4. Dress smart.
5. Smile.

Best Regards,
Vijay G

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2017, 09:31
I took GRE instead of GMAT. In the application, in the Test Score section there is only GMAT option. How do I update that? It shows status as pending. My checklist remains incomplete thus. My GRE score were already reported on 6th January. I already tried communicating through their communication box, in the application but no reply.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 620 Q41 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V35
GMAT 3: 690 Q43 V41
GPA: 2.3
WE: Underwriter (Insurance)

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2017, 01:25
kalinkamalinka08 wrote:

Do you mind telling your applicant profile briefly ?

Also..is your Interview over ? How did it go if yes

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

BSchool Forum Moderator
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2017, 00:26
agadoya wrote:
I took GRE instead of GMAT. In the application, in the Test Score section there is only GMAT option. How do I update that? It shows status as pending. My checklist remains incomplete thus. My GRE score were already reported on 6th January. I already tried communicating through their communication box, in the application but no reply.

I'm not sure if the communication box is the most effective way. If I were you, I would write to Admissions Director Antoinette Molino and seek her advice. All the best with your admissions.

Best Regards,
Vijay G

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 36

GMAT 1: 690 Q43 V41
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2017, 10:04
Anyone here looking to fund their MBA through Prodigy Finance? McGill is listed in the general list that Prodigy is supporting but there is no mention of the university in the loan application. Does anyone have more information on that..?

BSchool Forum Moderator
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2017, 11:05
TheMastermind wrote:
Anyone here looking to fund their MBA through Prodigy Finance? McGill is listed in the general list that Prodigy is supporting but there is no mention of the university in the loan application. Does anyone have more information on that..?

I have an existing loan from Prodigy, and as far as I've heard, they're run into some troubles with the Quebec government and hence are not able to work with McGill anymore. But unfortunately I do not have an official communication on this and hence cannot confirm it 100%.

Best Regards,
Vijay G

Manager
Manager
B

CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2017, 11:12
VijayG6387 wrote:
TheMastermind wrote:

I have an existing loan from Prodigy, and as far as I've heard, they're run into some troubles with the Quebec government and hence are not able to work with McGill anymore. But unfortunately I do not have an official communication on this and hence cannot confirm it 100%.

Best Regards,
Vijay G

Thankyou so much for the response Vijay. This is really discouraging though as I have to make the decision in less than two weeks and Im not sure if theres any other trustworthy source of funding. Are you studying at McGill? As an after-thought, would you say that getting loan that covers half of tuition and living expenses is worth it for McGill MBA, considering all the factors of Quebec location but the ease of immigration laws for Canada in general and the general job prospects for international students?

BSchool Forum Moderator
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2017, 11:21
TheMastermind wrote:
Thankyou so much for the response Vijay. This is really discouraging though as I have to make the decision in less than two weeks and Im not sure if theres any other trustworthy source of funding. Are you studying at McGill? As an after-thought, would you say that getting loan that covers half of tuition and living expenses is worth it for McGill MBA, considering all the factors of Quebec location but the ease of immigration laws for Canada in general and the general job prospects for international students?

Quickly write to Prodigy at their email id and they should be able to give you a straight answer - info@prodigyfinance.com. I'm at McGill yes. Half of tuition and living, I wouldn't about it, as it's worth the brand. Read this, as this should give you a fair idea. It's by a friend of mine, a year 2 student: http://gmatclub.com/reviews/comments/de ... -345352395
Happy to help is there are more questions.

Best, Vijay G

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 1: 640 Q41 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Other (Retail)

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2017, 11:57
Hi !

I started with my application process for MBA program. But was stuck payment options since the fee is showing different than what is mentioned on the website.
Have dropped several mails because I want to ensure if my program selection is correct.
In addition the deadline in the program selection and the one mentioned on the website do not match further confusing me.
Pls help me out so that I can process my application.

Thanks.

Manager
Manager
B

CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2017, 12:00
VijayG6387 wrote:
TheMastermind wrote:

Quickly write to Prodigy at their email id and they should be able to give you a straight answer - info@prodigyfinance.com. I'm at McGill yes. Half of tuition and living, I wouldn't about it, as it's worth the brand. Read this, as this should give you a fair idea. It's by a friend of mine, a year 2 student: http://gmatclub.com/reviews/comments/de ... -345352395
Happy to help is there are more questions.

Best, Vijay G

Thankyou Vijay for the help. I hope this gets solved quickly. This is one of those schools that I havent heard anything negative about.

BSchool Forum Moderator
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2017, 16:30
monisha2208 wrote:
Hi !

I started with my application process for MBA program. But was stuck payment options since the fee is showing different than what is mentioned on the website.
Have dropped several mails because I want to ensure if my program selection is correct.
In addition the deadline in the program selection and the one mentioned on the website do not match further confusing me.
Pls help me out so that I can process my application.

Thanks.

Who did you address your emails to? I can try to go check with them or redirect you to the right person.

Best Regards,
Vijay G

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V44

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2017, 22:18
Did anyone receive an interview call yet?

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019   [#permalink] 18 Jan 2017, 22:18

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11    Next  [ 209 posts ]